The 2011-2012 Manchester United thread - We've got our trophy back

BBB

• Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True but Macheda was Warnock's signing. Highly doubt we'd shift him from Benfica to QPR only for Hughes to shaft us and sign Baines or somebody who'd be first choice. 90% sure Fabio's going there to be a starter. Plus Onuoha can play CB as well so Fabio could get games at RB too rotating with Luke Young.

That point usually works well when the discussion is about a player that isn't very good.

Nope, it works when pointing out that playing in a Champion's League final is not a guarantee of quality. And Traore actually won in the final...

Nope, it works when pointing out that playing in a Champion's League final is not a guarantee of quality. And Traore actually won in the final...

He came on as a substitute with 15 minutes to go, Fabio was our first choice right back against Barcelona.

I would rather Fabio stays in England and played in the Premier League. If he goes to Benfica, he might play more but also be away from our influence allowing a sweet talking snake to get his heart wandering towards a permanent move to Portugal / Spain.

If Hughes signs him, then Hughes will play him.

If you're going to post articles in here can you translate them (or run them through google translate anyway) first haha, it's a bit difficult as not many of us are German speakers.

I only wanted to correct Pangaea and I assumed he is able to understand German.

As compensation I give you the link to the best up to date Kagawa vid. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4Ol-1huJL4&feature=relmfu

I actually just reported what was written on the Scandinavian United supporters' website, so I'll blame whoever it was there who made the mistake. I understand some German, but not good enough to read articles and understand it all. In any case, what it shows is that he won't be terribly expensive and that we're hopefully not far off their demands. The sooner we stop fantasizing about Hazard the better, and if we can get Kagawa that will be a definite improvement to our midfield options. If it was somehow possible to get Kagawa and Javi.... muppet mode rather than sense, but that would be a nigh on perfect summer.

Also, referring to the video above, is there some kind of conspiracy somewhere that entails every bloody video uploaded to YouTube has to have the most horribly garbage and vomit inducing music known to man??? :mad:

So Eden Hazard has made his mind up on which club to sign for:

"good afternoon guys. i made up my mind. see you later. thanks"

From his official twitter page.

Expected to announce later today..

Icon is going to enjoy rubbing this in your face when he signs for Chelsea :lol:

I will be glad when it is put to bed so that the press can start the Sneijder, Javi Martinez, Diame, Gylfi, Modric rumours before we suprise everyone by unveiling Darren Fletcher.

If he announces it today it will be earlier than I expected, but it will be good to finally get it out of the way. Reckon it'll be Chelsea. All that is clear is that it won't be us.

Why hasn't Pogba said he's off to Juventus yet?

This is definitely about him deciding where to go for dinner btw :D

Can't wait until he finally signs somewhere, then runs around screaming "u jelly" at the other two teams :D

This would be hilarious! :D

Or something even more trivial.

"Going for blue shoes today for a little kickabout."

This would be hilarious! :D

Or something even more trivial.

"Going for blue shoes today for a little kickabout."

I would love him to tweet something like "off to training, later geezers!"

That was apparantly the word Sheva (pretty sure it was him?) was obsessed with when he was a Chelsea, barely uttered a sentence without slamming 'geezer' in there somewhere.

Top trolling requires research and dedication!

Where is that Craig fella? Still quoting articles saying Hazard has joined us on £100k a week and rejected the £200k a week that Chelsea can offer. :lol:

Press will say he rejected us which is a further sign of our decline etc. We probably never offered more than £60k a week and a smile.

He won't be one £200k a week, don't be silly. He'll be on 120-130k and a stupid agent fee.

"....£200k a week that Chelsea can offer"

My point being that Chelsea can go to that number if required while we are struggling with a £100k salary as it is. His entire package plus bonuses would not be shy of that amount in any case.

I would love him to tweet something like "off to training, later geezers!"

That was apparantly the word Sheva (pretty sure it was him?) was obsessed with when he was a Chelsea, barely uttered a sentence without slamming 'geezer' in there somewhere.

Top trolling requires research and dedication!

David Luiz includes geezers in almost all his tweets :D

Where is that Craig fella? Still quoting articles saying Hazard has joined us on £100k a week and rejected the £200k a week that Chelsea can offer. :lol:

Press will say he rejected us which is a further sign of our decline etc. We probably never offered more than £60k a week and a smile.

:confused:

Didnt say at all that Hazard will join us on 100k pw and turn down Chelsea and their 200k pw offer.

I said that quite a few journalists/agents on twitter are still saying he is going to United as of 1 hour ago.

If he wanted 200k pw then we would have backed out of negoiations.

Chelsea aint offered him 200k pw either

Anyway i hope he confirms his move to Chelsea today so i can see what frenzy we get swept up in next. I think it will be Kagawa although he is a more realistic option for us tbh.

In other news, was chatting to a friend who works for JPM and he said that our IPO is no longer in the pipeline for them. He said it either means we are using someone else and something is about to happen (most likely) or we have shelved it completely.

"....£200k a week that Chelsea can offer"

My point being that Chelsea can go to that number if required while we are struggling with a £100k salary as it is. His entire package plus bonuses would not be shy of that amount in any case.

Chelsea wouldn't offer him £200k a week, wages aren't a limiting factor in any of this, it's exorbitant agents fees. If only we hadn't spent that £7m on Bebe :D

If Hazard signs for us I think Icon needs a name change of Craig's choice tbh.

What happens to icon if we somehow do end up signing Hazard? I think I want us to sign him more for that reason than anything to do with football :D

.....i will be forced to leave this forum with my reputation in tatters. I would not be able to face the backlash i would get from here. :D

When i think of the gloating i had planned for Dion and Andrew if QPR had held on, what i would get in return for this would be triple. :(

What happens to icon if we somehow do end up signing Hazard? I think I want us to sign him more for that reason than anything to do with football :D
.....i will be forced to leave this forum with my reputation in tatters. I would not be able to face the backlash i would get from here. :D

When i think of the gloating i had planned for Dion and Andrew if QPR had held on, what i would get in return for this would be triple. :(

Well then we would have won the league and now would have signed Hazard. So whatever gloating there would be is pretty much "haha you got what you wanted".

So yeah.. ban him!

From reputable sources on twitter, we are in for Hazard, Baines, Kagawa AND another striker.

If we dont get Hazard then we will go in for Modric.

Icon,are you still going to say we cant afford the wages when/if we go for Modric or get Hazard?

If we cant afford the transfer fee/wages etc for Hazard then why would we go in for him.

We have the money alright, you will see.

From reputable sources on twitter, we are in for Hazard, Baines, Kagawa AND another striker.

If we dont get Hazard then we will go in for Modric.

Icon,are youy still going to say we cant afford the wages when/if we go for Modric or get Hazard?

If we cant afford the transfer fee/wages etc for Hazard then why would we go in for him.

We have the money alright, you will see.

I'm sorry, what? You might as well by trying divination or reading the horoscope ffs :D Twitter is to be used for amusement and day dreaming, that is all.

Archived