Date of Birth: 21st December 1992

Height: 171cm

Weight: 71kg

Playing Position: Striker/AM Right and Left

Current Club: Tranmere Rovers

Value: £600,000

502.jpg

Career

Dale Jennings is an eighteen year old striker who was born on the 21st of December 1992. He was born in Liverpool and that's where he started out as a schoolboy. At fifteen Dale was released by Liverpool and after spells with other clubs, he finally joined Tranmere Rovers. His professional debut for Tranmere came in the 1-1 draw with Charlton Athletic in September 2010. His first goal for the club came ten days later in the 1-0 win over Bristol Rovers.

Jennings has already won a few player awards in his short career. They include the PFA Apprentice for October 2010, the League One Apprentice of the Year and Tranmere's Young Player of the Season award. Throughout the 2010-2011 season Jennings made twenty-nine appearances, scoring six goals.

His form has attracted interest from some Premier League and Championship sides. With one Premier League side having a bid rejected in the 2011 January transfer window. However, the most notable side to show an interest in the eighteen year old are Bayern Munich. Who have asked Tranmere if they can take him on trial during the summer of 2011.

On Football Manager 2011

I decided to start a save as Tranmere Rovers. The squad is fairly young and Tranmere do have a habit of giving young players the chance to shine before letting them move onto bigger clubs. The most notable are Iain Hume and Ryan Taylor(Newcastle United).

Jennings is probably one of the best players in the squad you inherit which should make him a key player despite his young age. I've been playing Jennings on the right hand side of 4-3-3(Three Strikers). In this formation, Jennings takes the role of one of two Poachers and they both feed off a Target-Man(Support). His attributes don't necessarily suit him to the role. He does have pace and an ok finishing attribute which is why I've decided to use that role for him.

At the start of the game he is valued at £600,000. I believe that he could play at Championship level and possibly for a lower side in the Premiership, some time in the future with the right training. As I've started as Tranmere and not had to make an offer to prise him away from Prenton Park I can't really give a definite idea as to what his sale value will be. I will have guess though and I do believe that if you offered in the region of £1m, then that would give you a decent chance of signing him. I got him to sign a new contract at the start of the game as his original one expires at the end of the 2010-2011 season. With the new deal I gave him he has a £1.4m Relegation Release Clause. I would take a guess that the AI would have a release clause in his new contract too. If they offered him one.

---------------

Start of 2010-2011 Season(11.3)

DaleJenningsProfile_Attributes-2.png

Start of 2011-2012 Season

I plan on placing a screenshot of him in about a seasons time. Hopefully showing how he's done and the progress he's made :thup:.

Archived