Travelling the globe in search of glory

roganp

After a few save failures I've decided to start up a new journeyman save.

Database: 11.3, Large

Edits:

-Real competition names

-Real Agents

-Media pack

-Qatar and U.A.E leagues

Game start date: England(July 2010)

My starting rep will be Semi-Professional footballer and the are the leagues I've decided to load are:

Asia - China, Qatar, South Korea, U.A.E

Europe - England, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Russia, Spain

North America - USA

South America - Argentina and Brazil

The thread will be updated as soon as I receive my first job.

Career Overview + Season review links

Season           Team                     Country           League                       Position           Additional Info
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/267657-Travelling-the-globe-in-search-of-glory?p=6887522&viewfull=1#post6887522"]2010[/url]             Tianjin Runyulong        China             National 1st Division        12th               Joined Aug.19th 2010

August 19th 2010 - Runyulong hire Rogan Phillips as manager

So, here I go. At 27 years of age I have been given my first job in football management at Chinese second tier side Tianjin Runyulong. I have only been given a contract until December 2010 with the sole aim of keeping this team in the division. We currently sit bottom of the table after 15 games(9 left) so we need to hit the ground running under my management. My first job will be to assess the current playing and backroom staff.

Thanks cerud :) I didn't really understand how the difficult the task at hand was when I took charge. The team were on a six losing streak and hadn't won in 11 games which became 12 after I was thrashed 4-0 away from home in my first game. However, things are looking better now I have just secured my first win 4-2 at home to Hubei to climb out of the relegation zone. :D

510010034copy-1.gif

Tianjin Runyulong 2010 Season Review(Joined August 2010) - Chinese National First Division

League Table - Home Record - Away Record - We Survived!...just about. I'm not sure how the Chinese league system works but I'm guessing we stayed up on head to head record.

Transfers - Only the last player was signed by me.

Wang Chao - Had a solid debut and then got injured for 4 weeks when he returned he was pretty poor so I will be hoping for more from him next season.

Squad - I decided that I would have faith in the current squad until the end of the season. I could have dipped in the market and signed a few players and my decision not to strengthen nearly backfired when my two main strikers got injured with a few games to spare. One of the two strikers is Wang Dawang who I feel is the only person in the current squad who deserves a mention. He was vital for my side scoring 4 goals in 5 games before getting injured.

Information Overview

Club Facilities

Club Finances

Aim for next season - At this moment in time I do not know if I have done enough to impress the board and get a contract extension as I was only given a deal until December 2010. If I'm offered a new deal I feel that we maybe able to push for a top 6 finish next season with the right signings.

Season           Team                     Country           League                       Position           Additional Info
2010             Tianjin Runyulong        China             National 1st Division        12th               Joined Aug.19th 2010

Thanks withnail316 :D. I tend to always start in England as well and I got a few offers from England as soon as I started the save but I decided that I would try something different and move to England later on in my career.

Thanks withnail316 :D. I tend to always start in England as well and I got a few offers from England as soon as I started the save but I decided that I would try something different and move to England later on in my career.

Sounds like a plan. I've currently taken Dartford from BSS to LG1, but I don't have many 'exotic' leagues loaded. I might have to start again as some Icelandic character or something...and add a shedload more leagues to the game.

Good luck in China.

November 2nd 2010 - Runyulong offer Phillips new contract

Today I was delighted to put pen to paper on a fresh one-year deal which will see me earn £800 per week.

Next up will be a preview of the new season.

510010034copy-1.gif

Tianjin Runyulong - Chinese National First Division - 2011 Season Preview

Board Expectations

Chinese National First Division - Safe mid-table position

Chinese F.A cup - Reach the first round

Transfer Budget - £16k

Wage Budget - £7,250(Currently spending £6,860)

Transfers - After coming so close to the drop in my first few months at the club there needed to be some drastic changes. A lot of players came in during break and some went out(not has much as I had hoped). Below is some of the key acquisitions.

Chen Dong - Dong has been capped 3 times by China and decided has to drop down a division after being release by Dalian. He brings with him great experience and hopefully he will turn out to be a solid keeper for us.

Hu Zhuowei - Our most expensive acquisition during the window joining the club for £3.5k. Like Chen Dong he has dropped down a division to join us and looks like the ball-winner we badly need in midfield.

Jefferson Feijao - A player picked out by my top scout. A very experienced Brazilian player having played in the Chinese Super League and the K-League in Korea(Although his goal-scoring record wasn't great). He will be vital to my side if we are to make a real push up the table this season.

Cris - Another Brazilian picked out by scout. Cris will add some much needed quality to my defence.

Arthur Gomez - I feel Gomez was my best signing during the window. He joined Manchester United at a young age but was swiftly loaned out to feeder club Antwerp before being sold on. He has also been capped 12 times for Gambia, scoring 6 goals.

May 30th 2011- Tianjin Runyulong - Sacked!

Well, I should have see this coming. After making a decent, but for me frustrating start to the league campaign I saw that the Guangdong Rizhiquan manager had been sacked. So I decided that I would apply for the job mainly due to financial reasons. However, me applying to manage a divisional rival did not go down to well with the board so I'm back on the road searching for a new job. I'll update when I receive my next job.

Ok, so to anyone that is reading I have holidayed around four months now and I have been rejected by numerous clubs. It seems my reputation has taken a real hit after being sacked so much that I'm now only considered to have and outside chance of getting a job for Blue Square N/S sides. I'm going to holiday until January and if nothing comes about I think I may restart the save and make a new thread.

Archived