United we Stand, United we Fall

mark wilson27

Authors Notes: Using original patch FM08, English League Two and above playable. Large database

The Legend Retires: June 30th 2007 will go down as a sad day in Mnachester United's history as Sir Alex Ferguson has decided to call it a day, stating " He wanted to enjoy some quality time after so many years in football"

July 3rd With the pre season soon to be underway Untied search round for Fergie's successor, but unfortunately to no avail as no other top class manager feels comfortable trying to take over from Fergie. This is where I come in.

I was once a professional footballer who plyed his trade in the lower depths of the Football Non League playing for the might Matlock Town, untill an injury to my knee cut my young career short. After the injury I started to go into coaching and for a short while managed my beloved Matlock Town.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

July 4th: Arriving at Causeway Lane I noticed alot of press outside all asking me about the United job, looking alittle confused I walked into the chairmans office to ask what the commotion was all about. With that he looked up and said " Its about Manchester United they recieved your appliction letter and want to talk too you"

As I went into my office there waiting for me was David Gill, he said he was there to offer my the job,

I asked whether or not he was joking, why me, surely there were better candidates out there.

David Gill said " Noone else wanted the job as they didnt want to follow Mr.Ferguson" do you want the job then

"Of course who wouldn't"

July 7th: I am revealed to the awaiting press with David Gill stating this will be a new era in the history of Manchester United and that the fans should be patient and not expect Mr.Fergusons sort of success straight away.

July 8th: A day into the job I got my assistant to give me the low down of my first team squad.

Kuszcak:GK - 25 - Polish - 4 caps: Second choice keeper behind Van Der Saar, but might be moved to 3rd choice keeper when Foster recovers from injury

Van Der Saar: GK - 36 - Holland - 116 caps: 1st choice keeper but isnt getting any younger, maybe only another couple of season before we have to replace him

W.Brown: DRC - 27 - England - 12 caps 0 goals: A reliable squad player but will have to prove himself to keep in the team

J.O'Shea; DRLC - 26 - Irish - 38/1: 1st teamer and will be a permanant picture in the squad

G.Neville: DRC/WBR - 32 - England - 85/0: 1st teamer and a legend at the club, he is my club captain but will miss the first month of the season due to an ankle injury

M.Silvestre: DLC/WBL - 29 - France - 40/2: 1st teamer and at his prime

R.Ferdinand: DC - 28 - England - 59/1: Another first teamer who has been a rock in the middle of the defence

N.Vidic; DC - 25 - Serbia - 26/2: Yet another player counted as a first teamer, but alot of intrest has been shown by AC.Milan and Barcelona for his signature

P.Evra; D/WBRL - 26 - France - 6/0: Squad player who has shown the potential to be a great player, he also has alot of intrest from top European clubs and if the right bid comes in I might off load him

O.Hargreaves: DM - 26 - England - 39/0: A good layer but will miss the first month of the season to a strained knee

D.Fletcher: MRC - 23 - Scotland - 29/4; Started to show potential to be a United legend but will have too work doubly hard to stay in the team

M.Carrick MC - 25 - England - 13/0: Can be considered a first teamer but will have to prove himself to me

Nani: AMRLC - 21 - Portugal - 7/2: New signing made by Sir Ferguson and will be probabaly start the season on the bench

C.Ronaldo: AMRL - 22 - Portugal 46/17: Definate 1st teamer and will be made penalty taker

R.Giggs: AMLC - 23 - Wales - 64/12: United legend and Vice - Captain, but he isnt getting any younger and will maybe spend some time on the bench with plenty of younger legs round him

Anderson: AMC - 32 - Brazilian - 4/0: Another new signing from Sir Alex but has a big reputation and I'm sure he will do a great job for the club, but will have to be patient

P.Scholes: AMC - 32 - England - 66/4: Will miss the first 3 weeks of the season with a knee cartilage injury and like Giggs mighthave to be prepared to spend some time on the bench

C.Tevez: AM/FC - 23 - Argentina - 34/7: Another one of Sir Alex's signings and everyone knows what he can do

W.Rooney: FC - 21 - England - 38/12: 1st choice striker and world class striker

L.Saha: ST - 28 - France - 18/4;Will miss the start of the season through a knee ligament problem, will be looking to off load the injury prone striker

A good squad but I think I will require at least one more World Class striker and a good keeper if one should pop up. Now starts the inesive training to get my squad ready for the forthcoming season. The first friendly of the season will be on the 16th July against Penafiel

July 16th: Our first freindly of the pre-season see's us travel to Portugal for a match against Penafiel, who we roundly defeat 3-0 with new signing Tevez scoring early on in both halves, Giggs was the other scorer firing in on the 14th minute.

july 18th: The second friendly of the tour was against Beira Mar. We killed the game off in the first 5 minutes as Giggs and Rooney both scored, this was followed by a goal for the opposition on the 12th minute. We dominated the rest of the game yet could only add the one goal to our tally as Gibson headed in from a Giggs corner.

July 20th: Our final touur game saw us face Rio Ave, we won by only two goals to nil with Giggs and Anderson scoring. Any hopes of a high score were dashed as Rio Ave's were reduced to ten men early in the first half and decided to sit back and soak up our constant pressure.

July 24th We now faced a friendly against one of our affiliated club Antwerp. Within 37 seconds we had taken the lead as Eagles fired in a screamer from 30 yards, this was quickly followed by Rooney scoring on the 18th minute. Giggs rounded the scoring off in the first half. Antwerp pulled a goal back six minutes into the second half but we replied well as Welbeck and Rooney both scored to give us a 5-1 win.

July 28th: The odds for the forthcoming season have been released and we have been quoted as 7-4 joint favourites with Chelsea.

July 31st: Our final friendly of the pre season see's us face Newport County who we roundly beat 6-0 with Anderson, Nani and Pique scoring within the first 10 minutes. The other goals came in the second ahfl as Brown, Ronaldo and Hewson added the finishing touches to an impressive performance.

Next up was the Community Shield match against Chelsea at Wembley, I knew players wanted revenge for what happened the FA Cup final the previous season so I didnt really need to gee them up

August 5th: Manchester United v Chelsea; Community Sheild

My first competitive game and I told my players I wanted a performance to send out a message to the rest of the Premiership that we mean business.

We started well as my team kept Chelsea in there own half. We opened the scoring on the 11th minute as Wayne Rooney fired in from 10 yards after a good run by Nani. A great start and it wasn't long till it got even better as on the 16th minute Tevez opened his United account with a slightly dodgy goal. Replays later showed he was well offside.

We continued to dominate a pretty poor Chelsea team. I was surprised at how they seemed to give up after the opening goals.

At half time I drilled it into my players that Chelsea are still dangerous and that we should be wary of giving them any scraps.

My worries came to light early in the half as Chelsea scored via Drogba, luckily the assistant referee was having a bad day and called it offside. On the hour Chelsea came close agin but Van Der Saar managed to tip round a Lampard effort after he was fouled on the area by Ferdinand. We managed to add another goal to our tally, against the run of play as Vidic came up for a corner to head home to send the Man.Utd fans wild and send some of the Chelsea fans home.

Manchester United 3 Rooney 11, Tevez 16, Vidic 74

Chelsea 0

I was very happy with how my first game went and even more delighted with the first trophy in my cabinet. However I knew the Premiership would be alot more difficult to win and in 5 days time I hope my team will be ready for the long season ahead

August 6th My first peice of transfer activity see's me sign England striker Michael Owen for £10,000,000 from Newcastle United. He will miss the first game of the season through injury but will be ready for the second game which will an away trip to face Chelsea

August 11th: Manchester United v Reading

The first home game of the season see's a near full house as we entertain Reading. With new signing Owen watching from the stands my strikers knew they had to perform and they did just that as after a mere five minute we were a goal up as Anderson slipped a beautiful ball through to Tevez who wasted no time in scoring, Tevez then managed to score again three minutes later as he fired in from 15 yards to double our lead. He was on fire!! We continued to press forward and didn't give Reading a sniff of the ball. On the 19th minute we trebled our score as Rooney got into the scoring act with a diving header from Giggs corner. Reading finally managed a shot on target as on the 37th minute Van Der Saar had to dive full stretch to tip the ball round the post. Just before the half time whistle we went further in front as Ferdinand header in a great ball from a Giggs freekick after Rooney was fouled 20 yards out.

The second start very well as two minutes into the half Tevez completed his hat trick on his home debut for the club. We were all over the Reading midfield yet after the Tevez goal we semed to struggle to produce an end product, with the Reading keeper keeping the scoreline quite respectable. Unfortunately on the 90th minute we lost Carrick after he got himself sent off for a second bookable offence, I wasn't best pleased as both yellows had been for dissent. Overall though a great start to the season and most of all we started the season on top of the Premiership

Manchester United 5 Tevez 3, 6, 47 Rooney 19 Ferdinand 43

Reading 0

I was very ahppy with my teams performance but I had to give Carrick a warning about his furture behaviour. The resulting one match ban means he will be missing from the trip to Stamford Bridge to face Chelsea

August 15th: Chelsea v Manchester United

Our first real test of the season as we travelled down to London to face a Chelsea team eager on revenge after there Community Shield beating.

They started well as they got to every ball before any of my players. It took them till the 10th minute to break my defence as Drogba broke clear and slotted past Van Der Saar, much too my disgust. This was quickly followed by Lampard slamming a shot into the side netting. Our luck didn't get any better as on the 23rd minute we had to repalce Tevez to a foot injury. I brought on Owen to make his debut but I weren't sure whwther he was fully fit. On the half hour we had our first real effort as Nani rattled the crossbar from a free kick after Giggs was fouled. At half time I laid into my players and told them they needed to play a thousand times better.

The second half started poorly for us as we lost Giggs to injury as he collided heads with Tevez as they both went for a corner. Giggs was replaced by Anderson.

We began to get our passing game back with Anderson being the main through road with the passing. On the 71st minute we finally equalised as Anderson feeding a brilliant ball to Owen who fired past the onrushing Cech to score his firt goal for the club. This was enough to give us a point which in truth we didn't deserve.

Chelsea 1 Drogba 10

Manchester United 1 Owen 71

Injury News: Tevez will be missing for 2 - 3 weeks with a damaged foot, Giggs will be out of action for around two weeks with a gashed forehead

August 23rd: I decided to let reserve player Adam Eckersley leave the club for a transfer fee of £650,000, he will be going to Sheffield United after agreeing personal terms

August 25th: West Ham United v Manchester United

Another trip down to London as we went to Upton Park. West Ham set there stall out for defence as they placed ten men behind the ball. We struggled to get past, but on the 35th minute we did manage to get through as Rooney latched onto a Nani through ball, unfortunatly the West Ham keeper managed to save well.

At half time I told my players to be patient and start to rpobe the defence more.

We tried our best in the second half to get through the West Ham defence but could only manage one more shot of note, luckily for us it led to the only goal of the game as new signing Owen scored his second United goal in as many games to give us a valuable three points

West Ham United 0

Manchester United 1 Owen 76

Looks like I've made a contraversial signing with Owen...Thats three comments about him and counting

August 29th: Manchester United v Everton

A great game saw my team come out and show the Toffee's how to play football. Our first goal went in on the 6th minute as Evra's shot flew in past the bewidered Everton keeper. Evra looked as shocked as the keeper. We continued to press home our advantage as the midfield work effortlessly to control the play and passing and on the 26th minute we doubled our lead as Owen headed in a Ronaldo cross. Ronaldo was becoming instrumental in everything and nine minutes later he fired home to make it 3-0. Everton looked stunned with home easily we were controlling the game and on the 45th minute Everton old boy Rooney made it 4-0 with an easy tap in after Howard had fumbled an Evra cross.

The seocnd half was only three minutes old when Everton were reduced to ten men after Graveson got himself a second yellow card and was sent off. Unforutnatly this killed the game as Everton put everyone behind the ball. On the 72nd minute Evertons day got even worse as Mancheter United old boy and Everton captain Phil Neville was also sent off for a second bookable offence, so all in all a miserable day at the office for Everton

Manchester United 4 Evra 6, Owen 26, Ronaldo 35, Rooney 45

Everton 0

After the game the club secertary informed me the result of the Champions League Group Stage draw, we have been seeded in a group containing Valencia, Marseille and Olympiakos. Not the easiest of groups but I think we should qualify

August 31st: This season's European Super Cup has been won by AC.Milan with an unconvincing 1-0 win over Seville

Premiership Top Three

1st; Manchester United 10pts (4)

2nd: Bolton Wanderers 10pts (4)

3rd: Derby County 9pts (4)

* Number in brackets () represents games played *

September 1st: Cristianio Ronaldo has been named as the Player of the Month with me earning the recognition of being Manager of the Month.

Two other pieces of news were passed on to me before the match away to Tottenham, The League Cup 3rd Rd draw has seen us pitted away to Championship side Crystal Palace, also the club as a business made a loss of £11,270,000. Not as bad as it seems with the signing of Owen taken into account

Tottenham Hotspurs v Manchester United

We started brightly enough with Ronaldo causing some problems down the wing, despite the bright start it was Tottneham who broke the deadlock half way through the half as Robbie Keane slipped past Ferdinanad to slot home the first goal of the game. This lifted Tottenham and they began to get a strangle hold of the match with some brilliant play. On the half hour they broke free again but luckily the assistant referee had his flag up and waving. Seven minutes later we recieved some more luck as an Anderson cross was deflected into the Tottenham goal by Jenas to give us an undeserved equaliser.

At half time I told my players it wasn't good enough and I wanted a much improved performance especailly from my defence.

Unfortunely it seemed my words went in one ear and out the other as both Ferdinand and Evra managed to gift Keane a second chance to score but lady luck was on our side again as Van Der Saar somehow managed to tip the ball round the post. On the 67th minute we had more luck as Rooney made 2-1 as his first shot was saved be the Tottneham keeper but the rebound fell straight back to him and he wasted no time in lashing home. This blew the wind out of the oppositions sails and we began to dominate with Rooney and Owen causing the main problems and on the 88th minute it was Owen who had a part in our third and final goal as he was fouled in the area by Rocha for a penalty. Ronaldo stepped up and drilled the penalty into the bottom corner of the goal to give us a flattering 3-1 win

Tottenham Hotspur 1 Keane 22

Manchester United 3 Jenas OG 37, Rooney 67, Ronaldo pen 88

After the game I told my playedrs they were very lucky to have gottne anything out of the game and I wanted to see a much more fluent and improved game against Aston Villa in two weeks time. I also wished them all luck in the international matches

September 10th: The odds for the Champions League have been released and we have been quoted at 11-1 with AC.Milan the favourites at 8-1

September 15th: Manchester United v Aston Villa

We started slowly as Aston Villa kept the ball away from us, it wasn't till the 11th minute when we had our first real effort as Rooney fired in a cracker which rattled the upright, unfortunatly noone was there to slot home the rebound. Villa then came close with Ferdinand blocking a scrabbled shot off the line, the game started to open up with Villa and my team going for it. Despite the free flowing game it took till the 44th minute for the first goal to be scored as Owen headed home a Giggs cross.

The second half was much the same as we again went for it. We again came close on the 49th minute as Owen again fired towards goal but the Villa keeper got down well to save. The second goal of the game came on the 66th minute as Ronaldo fired in a brilliant free kick from 25 yards after Rooney was fouled. A brilliant goal and the last of the game as Villa tried there best to pull something back from the game.

Manchester United 2 Owen 44, Ronaldo 66

Aston Villa 0

September 19th: Valencia v Manchester United; European Cup Group Stage

A very poor game compared to the other games so far this season as my team seemed not able to get out of first gear. Valencia were all over us and showed my team how to play football. It wasn't long till Van Der Saar was tested as Evra's backpass was intercepted. Luckily a combination of poor finishing and a lucky foot saved our bacon. On the 31st minute we had some more luck as Valencia had a goal ruled out for offside, even though everyone apart from the officials could see there striker was clearly on.

At half time I was fuming with my teams inability to get the basic's of football right

The second half was much the same as Valencia ran the show and on the 62nd minute they scored the only goal of the match as Ruben Baraja fired past a helpless Van Der Saar. I was fuirious. The rest of the game was dominated by the home team and we made the long journey home with nothing to show for it

Valencia 1 Ruben Baraja 62

Manchester United 0

Not the start I wanted to the European campaign and my players knew how I felt by the time we got back to Manchester

September 23rd: Bolton Wanderers v Manchester United

My players gave me the perfect response to the rollocking they got on the plane back from Spain as after only eight minutes we had taken the lead with a ferocious shot from Rooney which flew high into the goal. We were looking impressive with some excellent football around the pitch but our inability to finish cost us as Bolton equalised on the 38th minute as Braaten fired in from 15 yards, it got even worse as within 30 seconds Bolton took the lead. I was furious that my defence had yet again let me down.

At half time I again had to lay into my players, I think half the ground must of heard me.

The second half was alot different as my players lifted there game and we began to dominate the Bolton back four. Yet it took till the 71st minute for us to equalise as Rooney fired home from a tight angle. This seemed to deflate Bolton and on the 76th minute substitue Tevez cleared the defence to slot home our third goal. The frustration started to get to Bolton and five minutes later they conceded a penalty after a foul on Tevez, even though it did look like he fell down alittle too easily. Rooney grabbed the ball and fired in the penalty into the bottom left hand corner to give him his hat trick. I couldn't believe the turn around my team had performed and on the 90th minute the rout was completed as Tevez headed home a Gigg's corner.

Bolton Wanderers 2 Braaten 38, 39

Manchester United 5 Rooney 8, 71, pen 81, Tevez 76, 90

After the game I thanked my players for a perfect second half and asked them to continue this performance into the next game against Crystal Palace

September 26th: Crystal Palace v Manchester United; League Cup 3rd Rd

We got off to the worst start as after only eight minutes we were a goal down as Palace broke forward and Morrison slotted home past Kuszcak. We looked out of sorts and my fringe players weren't really doing themselves any favours with some silly passing and general poor play. It didn't get any better as on the 20th minute Vidic fouled Morrison in the area to concede a penalty. Lawrence stepped up and fired the penalty towards goal, luckily for us Kuszcak managed to tip the ball round the post for a corner. On the 41st minute we got our first effort of any sort off as Saha header just wide.

The second half was much the same with Palace outplaying my team yet on the 58th minute we got alittle bit of luck as Owen broke clear of the defence to rasp in a daisy cutter. A few minutes later Palace again came close but there final effort was poor. After ninety minutes there was still no dividing the teamas and we went into extra time.

My team started to look tired and on the 101st minute we lost Carrick after a late tackle on him gashed his leg. Six minutes later Saha managed to slide home the winner after a mix up in the Palace defence. That was enough for us to win the tie but Palace deserved to win more than us

Crystal Palace 1 Morrison 8

Manchester United 2 Owen 58, Saha 107

Injury News: carrick out for 2 - 3 weeks with a gashed leg

September 29th: The League cup 4th Round draw has taken place and we have been pitted away to Portsmouth.

Manchester United v Middlesbrough:

After the effort of a game against Palace my players came out and showed me that they ahd listened during my rants in training.

On the 3rd minute we had taken the lead as Tevez fired in after a brilliant solo run, this was followed three minutes later with Rooney slotting home a Giggs corner. Boro looked out of there depth and on the 11th minute there wasn't helped as Tuncay was sent off for an elbow on Ronaldo. Despite going down to ten men Boro still tried to make a game of it but were caught out again on the 16th minute as Ronaldo, who was sporting a shiner fired in a free kick after Rooney was fouled 20 yards out. We continued to pile forward and on the 35th minute Vidic headed home another Ronaldo free kick.

At half time I congratulated the players and told them to go out and enjoy the rest of the match.

The second half was much the same as we dominated Boro but this time we seemed to struggle with the finishing aspect of the game. Yet we still managed to add one more goal as Tevez added his second on the 64th minute to make it 5-0. On the final whistle Boror were reduced to nine men after Lee Cattermole got himself a second yellow then the red. An excellent performance from my players

Manchester United 5 Tevez 3, 64, Rooney 6, Ronaldo 16, Vidic 35

Middlesbrough 0

Premiership Top Three:

1st: Manchester United 22pts (8)

2nd: Chelsea 17pts (8)

3rd: Newcastle United 16pts (8)

nice start mark.

I'm at the beginning of 3rd season as man u boss and I have to say that there are many good prospects in the team. Just a question: in your player list I didn't see Piquè. Did you send him in the reserve team or you simply forgot him?

Regarding your first signing, I think you made the best choice, since in the first season united board is not going tho give too much money.

October 1st: Carlos Tevez has won the Player of the Month award after some excellent football during last month.

The clubs accounts have also announced a loss of £6,100,000

October 2nd: Manchester United v Olympiakos: Champs League Group Stage

After the poor start to the European campaign a fortnight ago my players knew we had to get back into winning ways and they did that with probably the best I've seen them play in the short time I have been here. We began the scoring on the 12th minute as Rooney fired in a cracker from 20 yards after Giggs had fed him a beauty of a ball. Unfortunately my defence switch off for one second and it cost us as Konstantinou volleyed home on the 16th minute. Despite this my players went straight for the jugular again and on the 19th minute we were back in the lead as Rooney doubled his tally for the night with a header from a Ronaldo corner. We were looking very impressive and ten minutes later we added another goal to the tally as Tevez got into the scoring act.

The second half was much the same as we controlled much of the half and three minutes into the half we forced another goal in as Olympiakos player Cesar managed to divert a tame cross by Evra into the back of his own net. We continued the pressure but had to wait till the 71st minute to add another goal as Rooney completed his hat tirick empthaticly with a daisy cutter from long range. Five minutes later we made it six as Giggs slotted home, unforutnetly in his celebrations he damaged his foot and had to be repalced. The game ended 6 - 1 and I was delighted again with how my players had performed

Manchester United 6 Rooney 12, 19, 71, Tevez 29, Cesar OG 48, Giggs 76

Olympiakos 1 Konstantinou 16

Injury News: Giggs will be out for around 2 weeks with a damaged heel

Ocotber 6th: Derby County v Manchester United

A slow start saw us struglle to penetrate a brilliant Derby defence and we had to wait till the 18th minute for our first real effort as Owen rattled the crossbar from 15 yards. This was quickly followed by Rooney managing to hit the keeper with a short range effort when it was easier to score. However on the 29th minute our pressure eventually paid off as Rooney found the target with a great header. Derby nearly replied instantly as my whole team seemed to forget what the ball looked like and let them past our defence, luckily Van Der Saar was there to rescue us.

The secodn half began well for us as after only five minutes we had doubled our lead as Hargreaves fired in after a poor clearnace by the Derby defence. After the goal Derby shut up shop and we found it very difficult to get through there rigid defence but on the 72nd minute we nothced our third goal as Nani fired in a freekick from the edge of the area after substitute Tevez was adjudged to have been fouled

Derby County 0

Manchester United 3 Rooney 29, Hargreaves 50, Nani 72

Another good result, now I had to wait 16 days for our next match with some very importnat Internationals coming up. Hopefully none of my players will come back injured

October 23rd: Manchester United v Marseille; Champions League Group Stage

We began well and it wasn't long till we had tested the Marseille keeper as Owen fired in from 6 yards, luckily for Marseille there keeper managed to tip the ball around the post. From the resulting corner Marseille managed to counter attack us but a last ditch tackle by Ferdinand rescued us. We finally broke through on the half hour as Ronaldo fired in from 15 yards to give us a deserved lead. Yet again Marseille came close to scoring but this time Van Der Saar was on hand to flick the ball onto the post.

The second half started brightly for us with substitute Rooney causing the Marseille defence some problems. On the 65th minute we doubled our lead as Tevez headed in from close range after Nani broke clear down the left side to whip in a beauty. Marseille's heads all fell and we took full advanatge as my players dominated the rest of the game with some excellent play and we were rewarded on the 79th minute as Ronney made it 3-0 and three more points in the bag for us

Manchester United 3 Ronaldo 30, Tevez 65, Rooney 79

Marseille 0

October 27th: Newcastle United v Manchester United

On form Newcastle was going to be a lot more difficult than Marseille and they proved it with some excellent play early on. Owen was of course getting the usual welcome home treatment with every touch of his being booed.

It was Newcastle who had the first real effort of the game as they rattled the crossbar from all of 30 yards as old United boy Butt fired in a cracker. This seemed to wake my players up and they started to shift up the gears and on the 25th minute we came close as Owen forced an excellent save from Given. The deadlock was finally broken on the 38th minute as Tevez headed home after we were awarded a dodgy freekick. At half time I drilled it into my players heads they needed to concentrate alittle more and stop Newcastle getting efforts in.

The second half started well enough as Owen caused some problems for the Newcastle defence, yet it was his strike partner Tevez who fired in our second and the final goal of the game on the 64th minute. Another away win and another three points on the table

Newcastle United 0

Manchester United 2 Tevez 38, 64

october 31st: Portsmouth v Manchester United; League Cup 4th Round

A good start saw us have virtually all the possesion as we didn't give Portsmouth a sniff, our dominanace eventually paid off as on the 14th minute we took the lead as Rooney fired in from point blank range after a mix up in the Portsmouth defence. Unortunatly a minute later my defence were just as bad as we conceded the equaliser, I couldn't believe it and had to be warned by the fourth offical for some of the language I was shouting at my players. We started to move forward more after the shock of conceding at on the 28th minute we came close to retaking the lead but an excellent block by the Portsmouth defence kept the scores level.

The second half started with Portsmouth almost scoring immediatly but a fine last ditch block by Ferdinand saved us. On the 49th minute we managed to take the lead as substitue Owen ran clear of the defence and rounded the Portsmouth keeper to make it 2-1...

It wasn't long till Owen was casuing more trouble as he rattled the upright after his shot clearly beat the diving keeper, it was becoming the Owen show. Yet it was Ronaldo who finished the scoring with a fine turn and snap shot to make it 3-1 and send us into the 1/4 finals of the League Cup

Portsmouth 1 Utaka 15

Manchester United 3 Rooney 14, Owen 49, Ronaldo 80

Premiership Top Three:

1st: Manchester United 28pts (10)

2nd: Chelsea 21pts (11)

3rd: Fulham 19pts (10)

November 1st; The board have announced that we made a loss of £1,880,000 during October

November 3rd: Before the match against Fulham I was informed that we have been drawn to play Chelsea at Old Trafford in the 1/4 Final of the League Cup

Manchester United v Fulham

A near full house saw us get off to a brilliant start as we took the lead on the 8th minute as Rooney fired in from short range after a brilliant run and throughball by Carrick sent him on his way. Fulham however weren't going to lie down and take it as they started to give us some problems and on the 14th minute Van Der Saar had to be at full stretch to tip a long range effort over the top corner. We then came close on the 26th minute as Tevez fired just wide. It was end to end football and the fans were loving it but I wasn't, I wanted to see us get at least one more goal to make it comfortable. Just before the break Fulham again came close but Van Der Saar again managed to save well, from the resulting throw out by our keeper we nearly fired in our second but the Fulham keeper tipped it onto the upright.

The second half saw Owen come on for Tevez who seemed to be struggling with a dead leg. It was hoever Rooney who came close to doubling our lead as he headed itno the keepers hand after a cross by Evra. We managed to double our lead however on the 61st minute as Owen fired in off the post to give me that two goal cushion I wanted. With the Marseille game in mind I brough off Ronaldo and Rooney to rest them and there replacements did very well as both Brandy and Nani came close to scoring,

Manchester United 2 Rooney 8, Owen 61

Fulham 0

November 7th: Marseille v Manchester United; Champions League Group Stage

After the drubbing we dealt Marseille at Old Trafford I was expecting a much more difficult game, but instead Marseille seemed scared to attack the ball in fear of losing a goal. It wasn't long till we showed our superiority as Tevez latched onto a Nani throughball to fire past the onrushing keeper. It got even better for us as on the 13th minute we doubled our lead as Ronaldo fired in a brilliant 25 yard freekick after Rooney was tripped. However two minutes later Marseille were back on equal terms after a great team move mean't there first shot of the game resulted in a goal. The game seemed to settle down after the quick flurry of goals. During the half time interval I told my players just to keep up with what they were doing.

The second half was a tight affair with Marseille very rarely venturing out of the own half, yet the only time they really did we punished them as we counter attacked brilliantly as Tevez made it two goals for him in the game.

Marseille 1 Utaka 15

Manchester United 3 Tevez 11, 86, Ronaldo 13

The result mean't that we had done enough to qualify for the 1st Knockout Round with two games to go

November 10th: Liverpool v Manchester United

A tough game against arch rivals Liverpool saw my team have the first effort as early as the first minute as Owen nearly scored against his former club, luckily for Liverpool the goal post got in the way. Liverpool then came close on the 9th minute but Ferdinand made a great last dithc tackle. The deadlock was finally broken on the 17th minute as Rooney headed in a cross from Anderson. Liverpools day got even worse on the 24th minute as captain Gerrard was sent off for a stupid push on Evra. From the resulting freekick we came close to scoring but Rooneys shot went high and wide.

At half time I told my players just to keep it tidy and not get too clever with the ball.

The second half began very well for us as Ronaldo swept down the flank and whipped a cracking ball in, just too see Alonso head to ball into his own net to give us a 2-0 win. After the second goal Liverpool didn't cause us any sort of threat and we ended with a good victory against our rivals

Liverpool 0

Manchester United 2 Rooney 17, Alonso OG 50

Next up for us is another game against a rival as we entertain Manchester City

November 24th: Manchester United v Manchester City

My first local derby and a full house greeted my players. We started the better with a string of forward attacking runs but nothing that ended in anything called an effort. Yet on the 14th minute we took the lead as Tevez's effort somehow managed to bobble past the City keeper to give us a comical lead. Soon after we came close to doubling our lead as Owen's long range effort rattled to insidemof the post but unfortunatly it didn't roll in. Our luck wasn't getting any better as on the 39th minute Owen ahd a goal dissallowed for a foul by Tevez on the City keeper.

At half time I told my players to keep up the good work and to just concentrate.

The second half was two minutes old when substitute Rooney had a goal dissallowed for offside, unfortunetly Rooney's frustartion led to him being yellow carded for dissent, which didn't please me at all. The rest of the half was all us as City didn't look at the race's but we just couldn't find the net and it ended with a 1-0 win, but in truth we should've of scored alot more

Manchester United 1 Tevez 14

Manchester City 0

November 27th: Manchester United v Valencia: Champions League Group Stage

After the opening matchday defeat away to Valencia I told my players we needed to go out there and show the Spanish what were made, unfortunatly all my players did was emabress themselves in the opening 45 minutes as Valencia kept possesion and dominated much of the proceedings, there dominance eventually paid off as they took the lead with Silva firing in on the 19th minute. This was quickly followed by a rasping effort which had Van Der Saar beaten, luckily the post got in the way and we escaped.

The second half started much the same as my players struggled with the basic's of football and it wasn't long till we had another lucky escape as the referee dissallowed a perfectly legit goal by Valencia. Our luck was changing and on the 78th minute we managed to equalise as Tevez broke clear to slot past the Valencia keepers leg. It got even better for us as a poor clearance by the Valencia defence fell kindly to Owen who belted it back with avengance to give us a 2-1 win and the most jammy three points I could of earnt

Manchester United 2 Tevez 78, Owen 84

Valencia 1 Silva 19

November 30th:

Premiership Top Three:

1st: Manchester United 37pts (130

2nd: Chelsea 28pts (14)

3rd: Portsmouth 27pts (14)

December 1st: The Board announced a club loss of £2,340,000.

Arsenal v Manchester United

We got off to the best start as after only a minute we were a goal up as Tevez fired in without an Arsenal player ever touching the ball. Despite this the Arsenal players heads didn't fall and they started to come at us more, yet Van Der Saar was in brilliant form to deny any attack they set up. On the 25th minute we came close to doubling our lead as Owen headed just wide from a Ronaldo free kick. However on the 32nd minute we lost the lead as Adebayor fired past Van Der Saar.

The second half was very entertaining as both teams set up a striking master calss. On the 58th minute we retook the lead as Ronaldo fired in a great freekick to beat the Arsenal keeper. This was followed ten minutes later by substitute Rooney firing in our third after a slip up in the Arsenal defence. We were in control and on the 80th minute Rooney notched his second and our fourth of the game. It was still end to end stuff but Arsenal were failing to finish any of there attacks, yet they finally broke through on the 89th minute as Downing copied Ronaldo to fire in a cracking freekick after Carrick fouled him on the edge of the area

Arsenal 2 Adebayor 32, Downing 89

Manchester United 4 Tevez 1, Ronaldo 58, Ronney 68, 80

December 3rd: The draw for the FA Cup 3rd Rd has taken place and we have been drawn at home against League One side Cheltenham

December 4th: Manchester United v Chelsea; League Cup 1/4 Final

We got off to the worse possible start as after only three minute we were a goal down as Drogba fired in a cracker from 20 yards. Within five minutes we came close to going a further goal down as Lampard rattled the crossbar from just inside the area. We were being outplayed. On the 21st minute we finally got our first effort off but it wasn't anything exciting as Rooneys effort went high and wide. Chelsea then came close again with a rasping effort from 18 yards but luckily for us Van Der Saar managed to tip it round the post, yet from the resulting corner Terry headed just over. The referee blew for half time and I was so glad.

I laid into my players telling them they were an embaressment to the club and they needed to pull there fingers out.

The second half started pretty well as we actually managed to keep hold of the ball alittle better. On the 52nd minute we had a huge slice of luck litterally as Cech's clearance sliced up into the air and Tevez managed to fire it into the open goal. Despite getting the equaliser we still struggled to test Chelsea's goal.Luckily for us Chelsea were struggling just as much and the game went into extra time.

The game became abit of a shambles with some very poor passing, and genral poor play. But on the 109th minute we managed to take the lead as Owen broke clear of the Chelsea defence to slot past Cech. We were looking good for the win but on the 115th minute O'Shea conceded a silly penalty by handling the ball when he didn't need to. Shevchenko stepped up and fired the penatly towards goal but Van Der Saar saved it, unfortunalty the rebound fell striaght back to Shevchenko and he fired home Chelsea's equaliser. The game would be decided on penalties::

We won the toss and took the first penalty:

Ronaldo stepped up for the shot but his effort was saved by Cech (0-0)

Kalou then stepped up and Van Der Saar managed to save his aswell(0-0)

Rooney then stepped up and he fired his penalty over the cross bar (0-0)

Next up for Chelsea was Ashley Cole, he fired his penalty wide of Van Der Saar to give Chelsea the lead (0-1)

Owen then stepped up and he maanged to fire his penalty hard into the back of the net (1-1)

Lampard was up next and his effort was poor and Van Der Saar managed to save well (1-1)

Nani was next and he fired his shot wide of the post (1-1)

Belletti stepped up and he fired his penalty against the upright and luckily for us it didn't bounce into the net (1-1)

Scholes was next for my team and he showed the rest how to do it with a thunderous effort down the middle of the net (2-1)

Alex was up next for Chelsea knowing he had to score to keep Chelsea in with a shout, and he did just that with a cracking penalty into the top corner of the goal. (2-2)

It was now sudden death and Carrick was first in line, he stepped up and confidently fired it into the net (3-2)

Shevchenko was up for Chelsea but the pressure got to him and he managed to fire his penalty wide of the poat to give my team a spot in the semi fianls of the League Cup

Archived