Fiora2 tactic, instant success!

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This tactic is great, I took over at newly promoted Hartlepool in League 1 and was expected to get relegated but managed to just sneak into the play-offs on the last day of the season (winning 5-3 was nervous I tell ya) and got through the play offs with a bit of ease anyways, now into the Championship with absolutely zilch to spend got in a few good loanees and I'm mid table after 12 games but my star striker is starting to find his feet in this league now and is starting to bang them in, so I'm hoping that continues and I move up the league with a long shot at the play offs again. I'd recommend buying Richard Offiong from Hamilton, I bought him for 45k he was top scorer in League One, even after having a month out with injuries and is averaging a game every other game in the Championship, he's now worth 1.7 million, but I'd never sell him. =)

Slowly but surely I think this maybe the best tactic yet. My background is Ive played 2 lots of 2 seasons with Spurs and not had contract re-newed. I started my 3rd game and only 1 win in 1st 6 games so I had to come and get some help big time. This tactic appears to have nothing bad said so I tried it and I'm now unbeaten in 8 games (5 prem) so I'll let you know what the season brings!!

i just cant get my charlton to perform better than mid table finish in the premier league. Ive bought 35m worth of new defenders in the 3rd season but so far doesn't look to improve. Have anyone ever get relegation threatening team or media prediction 12-16 and be champion?(other than pompey,city and west ham cos they are achievable)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andyh60:

Slowly but surely I think this maybe the best tactic yet. My background is Ive played 2 lots of 2 seasons with Spurs and not had contract re-newed. I started my 3rd game and only 1 win in 1st 6 games so I had to come and get some help big time. This tactic appears to have nothing bad said so I tried it and I'm now unbeaten in 8 games (5 prem) so I'll let you know what the season brings!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just gets weirder but better. I got to November and only won 2 of 12 games up until late Jan so I was 14th, went out of FA cup but then drew 0-0 at Anfield and everything went brilliantly and went on 15 game unbeaten run and out on pens in UEFA Semi. I finished 6th in league so abck in Europe. Now I hope to take that form into 2nd season and try to get 4th place!

Well this hasn't worked out too good for me yet. Although I have only played 3 games with my Marseille team so far. But not creating anyting forward. They couldn't hit the target even if they were standing on the goalline it seems. icon_biggrin.gif Though usually solid at the back but seem to be low on possession always, 30-35%. Only a goal scored so far, and that was an own goal! 2 conceeded, and that was my latest away game at Sochaux, which I lost 2-0. Will try it a bit more... icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andyh60:

Slowly but surely I think this maybe the best tactic yet. My background is Ive played 2 lots of 2 seasons with Spurs and not had contract re-newed. I started my 3rd game and only 1 win in 1st 6 games so I had to come and get some help big time. This tactic appears to have nothing bad said so I tried it and I'm now unbeaten in 8 games (5 prem) so I'll let you know what the season brings!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just gets weirder but better. I got to November and only won 2 of 12 games up until late Jan so I was 14th, went out of FA cup but then drew 0-0 at Anfield and everything went brilliantly and went on 15 game unbeaten run and out on pens in UEFA Semi. I finished 6th in league so abck in Europe. Now I hope to take that form into 2nd season and try to get 4th place!

Ive done it, 2nd season complete and I FINISHED 2ND mind you I'm just going through May waiting for new deal....

Well i finally found a tactic with a nice formation and i am having fun playing with Real Madrid.

Haven't bought anyone major just Mika Aartilo for backup on the wings and i would really recommend putting a strong header of the ball as your right CB because Cannavaro has bagged a brace in 2 games so far icon_smile.gif

Ok, so first time poster here, but I've gotta give credit where credit is due. You've just maybe saved my PC from the dreaded "being thrown out of the window" saga!

As West Brom I came 2nd in the Championship in my first season using a 4-2-3-1 formation that I designed that worked very well (although I had a shaky last 6 games that resulted in me losing the league).

Came into the premiership and strengthened accordingly and boy have I struggled. After 12 games, and 1 win and 1 draw my only points gained I was in 19th place and ready to welcome the champs Man U to the Hawthorns. I then stumbled upon your tactic and thought I'd give it a try.

Now I'm not sure how to insert images in this forum (perhaps someone could help with that) so you'll have to take my word for it, but I just humped em 3-0. They were hardly in the game but second half goals from Tininho, Ljuboja and Coppiardi (both of whom have struggled all season thus far) saw them off.

I'll keep going and post updates. I might just avoid relegation yet at this rate!

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar!!

Hi,

would like to give some credit to this tactic.

Have tried it on couple teams from the top to league 1, and it is probably the one which is most consistent and give good results. Except that i find some away games, or home games which didn't go too tell where it is still drawless or trailing, some in game tweaking is needed and may help.

the best result i got is taking bolton to 2nd without much effort or new players in the first season.

so credit to you who needs it.

Well this tactic is fantastic. I'm in my 4th season now and I've won the Scottish Premier League 3 in a row and sit atop the table right now.

I'm also 91 league games without losing. Magic.

well first two games with Villa I dominated, in terms of shots. Drew the first one with the GK gettin MOM of course. I beat Bolton 2-0 next match....but with the keeper getting MOM again! I mean I know GK's can play well but surely MY players can get credit too? I should have won the game 7-0, but I cant wait for Palacio to return from injury. hopefully the goals will be flying in. Liking it so far.

I seem to get mixed results for my Liverpool team. I lost 4-2 to Man utd but its probably expected when Agger and Carragher arnt the fastest and arnt that great on the game or it maybe just me. If someone can recommend me some tips to play against Man utd and Arsenal away that will be helpful

This tactic has done really well for me. I am Blyth Spartans and the first season I easily won BS North and second season I am top of BS Premier and in the final of the Setanta shield halfway through March. The tactic works well and you seem to go on good runs throughout the season, I however found that this tactic can be inconsistent between November and February.

I am using the tactic without the BETA patch. I would be interested in hearing what people think about the tactic after downloading the patch as at the moment i am holding off.

I'm using the tactic without the patch. Began using it halfway through first season with spurs and it turned my season around, winning the league with a game to spare. Halfway through the second season and it's still going ok (I'm third, within striking distance of Chelski), but the big problem I'm having is the inconsistency of my strikers. I'm using Berbatov as the barrowed striker and Bent as the pacy striker. Bent must have about 10 ten chances a game and he's only scored 5 in the league - and his finishing is 18, composure 15 - so the stats aren't the problem. If his conversion rate was better I'd be miles in the clear. I've already improved their creative to just over half, but any other ideas?

Great tactic, I've played as Spurs and Man City and both times I was top of the table until about 26 games and then started losing and drawing games I should win. And in the second season the team never finishes higher than 6 and with better players. What can I do to stop the slump that kicks in, it's so frustrating.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fantaman:

Great tactic, I've played as Spurs and Man City and both times I was top of the table until about 26 games and then started losing and drawing games I should win. And in the second season the team never finishes higher than 6 and with better players. What can I do to stop the slump that kicks in, it's so frustrating. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can see more of my game above but now im in 3rd season, 12 games gone and im 5th and 3 points from 2 champs league games (lost away to Milan). Overall the tactic is a good one and has proved to give me the better results.

Love this tactic so far. Sitting 4th in German 1st Div. w/ Werder Breman (3 first teamers currently injured for up to 2 months) and havent lost a cup game yet, including a 4-0 thrashing of R. Madrid.

DMC needs a little tweak, as posted earlier< but should be in much better shape when injury bug stops biting.

FWIW - new to FM w/ 2007 and seem to like 2008 so far. Any help w/ training yth players would be appreciated.

Intruder01 are you using the tactic after downloading the patch?

For youth players you could try Tug's training, he has training for senior and youth players although i'm not sure how effective it is, in FM2008, it was good in FM2007 and he seems to know what he is doing.

philwood - just played 2 since the patch and so far still like the results 3-0 win over Schalke(currently tops in German 1st Div) and a 1-1 draw w/ R. Madrid in second Group B game.

Have noticed a definate change in Defense, had to tweak DMC and play D a little deeper. R Madrid had at least 10-12 QUALITY chances.

Thanks for the training tips....I'll check them out for sure.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

You can see more of my game above but now im in 3rd season, 12 games gone and im 5th and 3 points from 2 champs league games (lost away to Milan). Overall the tactic is a good one and has proved to give me the better results. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More updates on my game with this AMAZING TACTIC! Into April and I'm in FA cup Final (against Everton) and Champs league Semi finals (against Arsenal!). 4 prem games left and i'm in 5th on goal difference but with game in hand. Fair enough I won't do aswell in league as in 2nd year but to pick a trophy up would be very sweet.

^^ go to tactics. top right hand corner of tactic screen it says "tactic" click that. go to edit tactics. Click import on that screen and find the folder where you saved your tactic double click it and you've imported it.

now go back to the tactic page and click tactic in the top right again. it should be listed there now.

I have tested a little bit with Bostun Utd, I'm yet to lose, I'm probably drawing a little bit too much. But our performances see to have picked up in the last couple of games.

I had previously used this tactic before with Man UTD (pre patch) and I was unstoppable. The main problems I've seen so far is conceding goals, but if you reduce the dm to no FR and drop the defensive line a bit, that sorts it out.

Scoring plenty of goals, so the supposed shots to goal ratio bug is not effecting me one bit.

So far all fine with the new patch but only 10 games into the season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I had previously used this tactic before with Man UTD (pre patch) and I was unstoppable. The main problems I've seen so far is conceding goals, but if you reduce the dm to no FR and drop the defensive line a bit, that sorts it out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No forward run for the dm at all?

Drop defence line, in the teaminstruction? ans how far?

With 8.01 it worked very well, got promoted with Bassano Virtus to C1A with a media prediction of 16th. In the second season I finished a respectable 10th.

Then installed 8.01 and upgraded my team, finished 17th. and stayed up by winning in the playouts. Have the most goals conceded, though still scoring a lot. So it seems that the defense is impacted most by the patch.

okay dude i am a south african i prefer hard atacking play this is good but the defence is a bit weak ya need 2 drop one of the mc to dmc with a forward farrwow and one of the forwards to amc with a forward farrow and give them higher creative freedom in the middle, the wings are perfect and i feel can be left allone because they peform very well

I have won all my games once doing this

I have noticed i have fewer chances but i win my games with 2-3goals and clean sheets will put up some stats up at end of season icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif but keep it up buddy its a good tactic !!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

hiya. thanks for posting the tactic. In my first game with Bradford in worked unbelievablely. I absolutely destroyed opposition in shots, percentage of play - everything! We won the game 5-0. I was quite excited at this prospect as it looked like a real winning tactic, but 15 games later and i am really struggling. this was done pre patch. Thanks.

Post - patch update:

10 games played using this tactic and here is a mini report. 8-1-1 overall w/ Werder Bremen. Giving up a ton of quality chances in first 3 or 4 games, so dropped DC's a bit deeper and but my DMC on absoluley zero forward runs. Still giving up chances, and not much hopes for a clean sheet, but much improved.

This tactic relies heavily on 3 positions. Your DMC and ML/MR. Although I am holding back my DMC, I gave him just a wee bit more creative freedom. Not a perfect tactic by any means, but depending on your personnel, it can be very reliable.

Archived