Fiora2 tactic, instant success!

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This truly is a fantastic tactic

10 games played with Leeds, 10 won

also tried it for Villareal, won the league by a point

Bravo sir, bravo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

patch 8.00? or 8.01?

Well, so far so good. 4 games in with my (admittedly strong) Wolves side; 4 wins, all by 3 goal margins:

Wolves 5 - Crystal Palace 2

Gillingham 0 - Wolves 3 (LC)

Sheff Wed 1 - Wolves 4

Wolves 3 - Blackpool 0

I'm very impressed. It's better than any of my own tactics have ever done, as I'm dominating the games as well as scoring. This is on the beta patch. It does seem to be at some risk of the other side scoring against you, but if I keep scoring it doesn't matter.

I'll be intrigued to see how it does against better sides than me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MillyX21:

ave downloaded the tactic on to my desktop but cannot transfer it to game as it is an unknown file type.

Can anyone help ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

rename the file as fiora2.tac

that should work

Gotta to say this tactic doesnt work (for sunderland at least) for me.

Played 10.

Won 1.

Drawn 2.

Lost 7.

Rock bottom of the league with five points after 11 games.

Last time i saw as many cards it was Christmas - 6 in one game - all midfielders.

Just seems oppostion wingers have far too much room to wander past this narrow midfield, and supply the goods to their forwards or forward in Boro's case.

Not sure of the benefit of the second striker pulling back - i've played Stokes in this role (similar to real life) alongside the big Jones. And Stokes seems to be inefective and rather invisable at times. I'm averaging 12 - 15 shots a game but only 2-3 are on target (even when using Chopra, Phillips, Murphy, Christie and Dowson - i replayed a couple of games several times to see if was all down to Jones!- the same was happening.

The tactic lately has worked well for Richardson but the rest of the team seem to stumble, their stats are all around the 7 mark after each game.

Not wanting to sound ungrateful or a miserable old bugger - just giving my opinion. I'm gonna persavere with this until Sir Niall tells me otherwise, hopefully the transfer in January will ease some of midfield worries!

Is anyone else using this on a mac?

Cheers Mr.M

After a number games - i can report -

Played 17.

Won 4.

Drew 2.

Lost 11.

Scored 21

Conceded 37.

Clean Sheets 0.

Instant Success ? Hmmm Not likely.

Not with the last four games 3-1 against Man Utd, 4-1 against Liverpool, 3-1 against Villa and finally 8-1 against Arsenal.

Poor.

Think i'm gonna jump before the push is enevitable.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr.Mackem:

Played 17.

Won 4.

Drew 2.

Lost 11.

Scored 21

Conceded 37.

Clean Sheets 0.

Not with the last four games 3-1 against Man Utd, 4-1 against Liverpool, 3-1 against Villa and finally 8-1 against Arsenal.

Poor.

Think i'm gonna jump before the push is enevitable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like stated above ... it looks like it only works well on 8.00 So it's a strong tactic ... you're maybe using 8.01?

Also training, type of players etc all are take part in success obviously. It's not the miracle maker like in the old days. ... with a lesser team at least.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Playing with Barca awesome tactic won league

2 years on trot and 2nd year by 20pts.

Also play it with Everton,just tweaked dm not to run forward.Initally had good success,but a bit hit and miss after a while.

Defo a world class team tactic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

patch 8.01 or 8.00?

I'm using it with great swuccess with England, and just won the 2008 European Championship. I have Lampard going forward and Gerrard sitting back and they play extremely well together. Goals come from most players but especially the forward striker. This is 8.01.

Cool tactic. But does anyone know how to avoid getting your goal disallowed. IS there a patch coming in the near future!

Irritating...

keeps losing with Arsenal...

OMG what a tactic. was finding it hard with liverpool so found this tactic and started a new game. i lost my first 3 leauge games but i kept with it as i could see good things working. then i went on a 35 game run without losing beating the likes of man utd 3-0, chelsea 4-1 and arsenal 2-1. won the leauge in my first season and got to the champions leauge semi final only losing to barcelona 1-0 over the two legs ( with a goal that should not have been). so for anyone finding it hard download this and win win win. thanx chris

Great tactic, had to make a few adjustments to fit in with my Tottenham team in 08. But after having a poor start & lying in mid table with my league hope dashed only in November. I used this tactic to win the Euro cup & finish 7th in the league.

Second season came & went spent silly money & had the board on my back with early exits from league & FA cup. Despite winning Super cup over Man Utd. & fans not liking my signings. I still managed to win the league over Chelsea by 4pts & retain my Euro cup success from the previous year. Just need to see if they offer me a new contract maybe I should have signed for Lazio when I had the chance???

Hi there,

i used this tactic in Italy for Inter and it worked very well, so i thought i would give it a try at Arsenal, and i have haved mixed results.

I am in December and i am 4th in the Prem, i havent lost a game by more that one goal, but i am losing a few to many for Arsenal standerd.

One of the main problems is, my 2nd striker just isnt scoring, which is strange as my 2nd striker is either Van Persie or Eduardo who are both very good strikers, but why cant they score in my game!

My first striker Adebaour is banging them in.

Also Fabregas doesnt seem to be playing well at all, infact my whole team has been average with the exception of Adebaour and Van Der Vart.

I know this is a awsoume tactic and i have faith in it, i just need some advice in how i can tweek it to work well with my squad.

Thanks in advance!

<A HREF=A>

Super tactic, I was meandering along with West Brom until this came up...19 straight wins later, 8 points clear at the top and looking untouchable. The only player have I brought in is Flamini on loan from Arsenal. This is being played with the BETA patch. Good Job Chris. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wijnand fens:

great tactic for 8.00

for 8.01 you need good players foor this tactic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not working for beta patch 8.01. 10 games won 2 lost 8.

I love this tactic! its so strong home & away! Im currently 4th in my 1st season with sunderland (now in feb). I've only bought dean ashton, lucas neil & johnny evans (loan)!Iv had some amazin results beat man ut @ home 3-1, arsenal 4-1 @ home. Liverpool 4-0 @ home. Only had one dodgy result and that was gettin beat by derby @ home 4-0!! evrything they hit went in! Thanx for this dude il keep ya posted how my season pans out!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cameron:

Hi there,

i used this tactic in Italy for Inter and it worked very well, so i thought i would give it a try at Arsenal, and i have haved mixed results.

I am in December and i am 4th in the Prem, i havent lost a game by more that one goal, but i am losing a few to many for Arsenal standerd.

One of the main problems is, my 2nd striker just isnt scoring, which is strange as my 2nd striker is either Van Persie or Eduardo who are both very good strikers, but why cant they score in my game!

My first striker Adebaour is banging them in.

Also Fabregas doesnt seem to be playing well at all, infact my whole team has been average with the exception of Adebaour and Van Der Vart.

I know this is a awsoume tactic and i have faith in it, i just need some advice in how i can tweek it to work well with my squad.

Thanks in advance!

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have the same problem. Allthough i do perform miracles with my sparta team - being 4th in the league in my second season.

There are some things you can do to make it work better, depending on the players you have:

Striker 1 = the one with the Barrow

Striker 2 = the on without the Barrow

If you have a strong striker instead of a fast one / good dribbler. Set striker 1 to mixed FR and mixed RWB. If he's very long and strong try playing with a target man an tick hold ball at the striker 1 settings.

This way the ball gets quicker up front creating more chances. Also your fast dribbling striker 2 gets more space to use and will score more.

If you have a very creative/technical skilled forward / AMC, place striker 1 to the AMC position behind Striker 2 and give him some creative freedom. You might consider using playmaker option. Up to you - didn't try it as it worked without it pretty good. This way Striker 2 gets more space as well and the AMC will use the open channels. Don't change FR/RWB settings - keep it on often. (depending on AMC ofcourse).

Also set your MC with Barrow to FR rarely. This will prevent many counter attacks.

Depending on the opponent i give my sideback a more defensive/Attacking mentality. If they play over the wings i've found out the Side backs don't mark him all the way to the backline if their mentality is too attacking. If the wings aren't used by the opponent i change it to team settings (attacking) creating more chances.

These are my findings and have proven to perform better with my Sparta team. I now prefer the Target man option, but still need to find a very good one for next year to profit from it even more.

Also i have given my MC with Farrow more creative freedom. This works better for me since my AMC is very creative (Hersi) and is creating more chances and scoring more goals.

Just look at your player attributes and chance it accordingly. If it doesn't help then there's 2 things you can do. Change your tactic, or try using another player on that position icon_smile.gif

Another thing i'm forgetting:

Setting your DMC to rarely FR gives your AMC more space to use, which might solve the problem if you're AMC isn't performing well.

Also change width to wide and untick counter attack if you're behind and the play isn't looking to good. I even chance the defense line to move up and tick play offside sometimes. Especially against teams with slow forwards. If it does look good and you're behind, just wait and see. Keeping it narrow and counter most of the time will get succesfull.

So in the end. It's still depending on the opponent. If he's weak, change it to more wide and untick counter attack. If he's strong, narrow and counter.

If you're with a very strong team it doesn't makes less difference, but if you're struggling / have a less strong team you need to adjust a little to get optimal results.

I'm very happy with 08 so far. The tactics / tactical chances make sense now. I don't care about hard, but 07 was just inlogical. This looks promising, allthough there are still some flaws, but hey - it's looking good icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xs:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr.Mackem:

Played 17.

Won 4.

Drew 2.

Lost 11.

Scored 21

Conceded 37.

Clean Sheets 0.

Poor.

Think i'm gonna jump before the push is enevitable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like stated above ... it looks like it only works well on 8.00 So it's a strong tactic ... you're maybe using 8.01?

Also training, type of players etc all are take part in success obviously. It's not the miracle maker like in the old days. ... with a lesser team at least. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually no. 8.0 all the way.

Maybe its a mac thing?

Or a Sunderland thing?

Great results (8.0) with Blackburn. After taking a while to get used to the tactic (16th after 11 games) I went on an 18 game unbeaten run which included a 0-3 win at Chelsea, a 0-6 win at Blackpool (FA Cup) and a 0-8 win at Galatasary (UEFA).

I ended the season 6th - and that was without buying a single player. The only thing I did to the tactic was take the DM off FwdR.

Looking forward to season 2!!

Good work!

Playing as Birmingham without the patch, started well with this tactic but now losing game after game, I am in the bottom three.

Starting line up is

Taylor (just dropped Doyle!)

LB Queedrue

RB Parnaby

CB Igor Tudor

CB Djourou

LW Harry Kewell (On loan)

CM Oubina

CM Muamba

RW Larsson

CF Andy Carroll

LM Mika AAritalo

I would think this team should stay up but am struggling, does anyone have any thoughts?

I'm playing it as Aston Villa with the patch, and we're coasting to a champions' league spot. The only players I've brought in to regular first team are Banega, Ignashevic, Belluschi and Palacio.

My team is unbeaten and have won practically every home match, and have only lost away to the big four. I find it's best to play rotation with the fittest players making the team, not to save the best players for the big matches, because all my players seem up for it and it keeps all their morale up.

I want to say thanks fot this nice tactic =)

I have good players,but for some reason(have been blaming the new game bugs icon_redface.gif ) I was finding it really hard to keep possession and still have an offensive team.

I intend to heavily change this tactic as I come to my preferred formations,but now I have something that works to slowly build from as I understand this year's game engine.

Sooo...

Thanks,

thumbs up icon_biggrin.gif

Awesome formation bro.ty. I couldnt install the actual link but used your explanation as well as possible. I'm playing with latest patch and in second season. Did well 1st with my old formations but this is sheer ownage!.

My results from 1st game with each of my teams.

Man Utd 1-0 man city at city! nice and totally controlled from start to finish. Did the double over them last season also and beat them in carling final.

Anderlecht 6-2 over Elfsborg away in second qual EC. Very impressive indeed.

Antwerp drew away 1-1. late eqauliser by my lads, bit disapointing here but they were the only team not playing 4-4-2 already.

Newcastle Jets 3-0 over Sydney at home.

They were all 1st games with good players in most posi's, very good formation champ. one of the best ive ever seen. GJ. Glory Glory Man Utd!!

Archived