Remember Me

bergtaur

Writer's Note: Happy to be back here everyone! Game being played on FM09 with England, Scotland, N. Ireland, and Wales all loaded down to the lowest level and all players from those nations in the database. Please be aware that updates for this story may come slower than most and that the story will deal with some sensitive matter. I hope you enjoy and your readership, comments, and suggestions are greatly appreciated! ~Ryan

To Whom It May Concern,

If you are reading this, odds are I am dead. Now most of you may look at that as time to feel sorry and sad, I look at as one of the necessary evils of life, being relegated out of the league that is humanity with no chance ever to be promoted again.

I ask that if you don’t know of me that you learn to appreciate the work it is to be a manager. I know that more often than not it may seem that I want to glorify some early adventures of my career, but not everything has a happy ending. Just because you think it would be a fancy career doesn’t mean it is. Take my tale and realize that it is also a venture of spirit, a test of your work ethic, and above all a success driven business. It will have highs, it will have lows.

I ask that you appreciate the work keeping this tomb has been. It may not be as detailed as some may like, but it will let you know the important things. Things like how the teams did, our best players, our busts, and most importantly my success or failure. Be aware that this is more a chronicle of the hardships one takes in a career, the personal strife and sacrifice that comes in one of the easiest, yet most draining professions in the world.

Finally, I ask you to remember my tale and remember it well. I will never have the spot in the pantheon of legends like a Sir Alex or a Special One. I will never be remembered for legendary exploits. I just wish to be remembered as a man who loved his work, thank you and enjoy.

~Ryan Lynch

July 2008,

Time has passed now. The aftershock of the announcement has finally worn off. I stand here in Histon, England. A Londoner who plied his trade in the semi-professional circuit around the nation is now the manager of Histon. I still can’t believe it, me the manager of a club, even if we are just outside the championship structure.

The people of Histon are very nice. The local pub gave me the right to drink free whenever I wished, a sweet deal when you really think about it. Win and celebrate and become even more of a hero to these fans. Lose and drink the sorrows away. Nearly the entire village was there, almost 9,000 people to see me introduced. The village is small and quaint, the perfect spot to live really.

After meeting the staff I also got a chance to meet the men throwing on the Histon stip this season. They are a great group of men with only one weakness, the man betwixt the sticks. A move for a new Keeper is first and foremost among the moves. The board has asked my thoughts on the team and I stick to their plans of a top half finish, a result my assistant says should be obtained with ease.

Also, at my announcement conference today I told the media that I will not be managing the upcoming friendly schedule. It will be up to my assistant to manage the men as I will be watching to see which player work well together and begin formatting plans for the regular season. Also this will allow me to see if my assistant is any good either.

So it is with this that I take off on the venture called management. I understand that will not always be a time of freewheeling and fun, but I am prepared to take on whatever comes at me. Histon may be the first stop, let’s hope it isn’t the last.

I've managed Histon in one of my game saves and really find them to be difficult to beat in all my other saves...I, like you, prefer to ply my trade in obscurity. I'm glad some others are writing about lower level management. (wink)

Archived