FM 2008: Welcome to Vicente Calderón - Home of Atlético Madrid!

manu legend

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The tactic I am using is 4-2-3-1 with the two MCs with barrows and the AMR and AML with centre curved farrows. Its working quite well played 11 won 10 drawn 1(Barca 2-2, and even then I was enoyed as I had 60% posession at the camp Nou and Ronaldinho still scored twice). This formation is resulting in a lot of shots and with the attackers the team has that means goals I have 38 in the league so far but they are all spread out, (Aguero only has 2 league goals, I don't know what is wrong with him). Defence wise it is going very well but mostly because I signed Makoun and Samba with Makoun tidying up in Midfield and Samba a rock at the back, only conceded 8 in the league.

thanks alot for your feedback.its the same formation i am playing with however without wingers so i have 3 amc's.every1 should check out the guy in reserves Quillo,hes amazing and has class ppm,s hes very good amc,and young.Aguero hasnt scored as much for me either on new patch but Forlan has been great.thanks again for feedback

Some update of my results. I'm still top of the league suprisingly 25 games / 25 wins 5 draws 65pts, 13pts in front of Barcelona. Here are some latest results with the best teams in the league:

Sevilla 2-1 (Home)

Valencia 3-1 (Away)

R. Madrid 2-2 (Away)

Villarreal 5-1 (Home)

Barcelona 3-1 (Home) won with them both games in the league icon_biggrin.gif

In 1/8 of Champions League got Inter, won the first game 6-4 !! Pity I almost won 6-2, but Martins scored two goals in 90'' minute. Hope to get through them icon_biggrin.gif

Will report at the end of the season.

Gunna give it a go. just started, signed Torje but no-one else. Feel as though its only fairI give everyone a fair crack at the whipbefore I start ringing the changes.

GK - Franco

DR - Valera

DL - Lopez

DC - Ze Castro

DC - Pablo

DM - Motta

MC - Reyes

MC - Raul Garcia

AMR- Rodreguez

AML- Luis Garcia

FC - Aguero

My formation is asstated above, a 4.1.2.3. All my defenders mentality are the same. My DM is set to normal, as are my central midfielders. Whereas my 3 up top have all got the same settings, swapping positions left, right and centre. I like this idea of movement. Playing a counter attacking style. Full backs and supporting midfielders runs forward and run with ball mixed to create a more balanced style of play with the idea being that the front 3 are more capable than most sides of scoring. I'll let you know how things go.

PaleThinBoy - If you want to finish the game with 11 men on the pitch I woull advise playing Santana instead of Reyes in MC, Reyes can play any forward position but once you bring him into MC his lack of tackling and marking become evident and you either concede or he gets sent off, trust me I just went through a patch when I only had Raul Garcia, Makoun out Motta I played Reyes with Santana(don't mind him he's usually on my bench anyway) had this team for 2 games, one was a 4-4 draw where Reyes had a rating of 4(the lowest I have ever seen) and a 2-0 win where he was sent off

Yeah, played about 8 games not doing too well, avoiding using my tried and tested formation. Reyes not doing well but whole team not really up and running yet. might switch it to more of 1 4.4.1.1...lets wait and see.

Still in 2nd season nearing the end of it. STill top of the league after 32games with 11pts in front of Barcelona. And my reserves won the Copa El Rey (Cup) I were always playing in the cup with my resvere squad and they made it won with Betis in the final 1-0.

In Champions League got past Inter 6-4 (H) 4-3 (A), then in 1/4 won with Olympique Marseille 4-4 (H) 3-1 (A). Now in semi final I got Barcelona to play with ... not very optimistic about it but we'll see...

End of season two. This season was great for my team really really awesome. Was really suprised with their performance.

Primiera Division:

I've won the league, thanks to weak Barcelona at start of the season, when all my players played at their peaks. The table looked like this (top4):

1. At. Madrid 29wins 6draws 3loses 116/48 93pts

2. Barcelona 27wins 4draws 7loses 71/23 85pts

3. R. Madrid 20wins 13draws 5loses 54/18 73pts

4. Villarreal 20wins 6draws 12loses 55/35 66pts

Aguero was my best player in the league in 36games he scored 32goals and assisted on 9 with an average of 7,78 from AMC. Another key player was Matias Fernandez in 25 games scored 17 asisted by 13 average of 7,68. Hope to defend the title next season. Propably it will be very hard but there's always a chance.

Champions League:

It was a great season in CL. I've got to semi-finals but lost there to future winners - Barcelona. In 1/8 met Inter won 6-4(H) and 4-3 (A) 10-7, Next in 1/4 met Marseille 4-4(H) 3-1(A) 7-5, in semis as said before I met Barcelona.. 2-4(A) 0-5(H) the home game is a pain... 2-9. Pity but it was still a great season in Champions League. Hope to get to semis this year too.

Spanish Cup:

Cup for my reserves where they can play and get some match practice. Supprisingly I won it. Don't remember who did I beat only remember last two rivals. In Semi final I won against Villarreal 2-1(A) 2-2 (H), and the final with Betis 1-0.

Transfers:

Got only £35M transfer budget as my board is making the stadium bigger. Can't get Fred from Lyon as my main transfer they're rejecting my £25M bid ... pity will need to wait one more season.

Ins:

- Antonio Barragan £6,75M(clausule) from Deportivo

- Hatem Ben Arfa £6,5M(clausule) from Zaragoza

- Taye Taiwo £21M from Chelsea

- Matias Cahais £7M from Nice

- Charles Itandje £2M from Liverpool -backup keeper

- Mattia Cassani £0 free from Palermo

- Okaka £0 loan from Roma

Total: £43M - had to adjust the budget a little

Outs:

- Leo Franco £0 free (wanted too much)

Trying to sell Seitaridis and Antonio Lopez so will gain some money propably.

Hope best for this season. icon_smile.gif Cheers!

Im gonna start my Atletico adventure today when i get beack home from work icon_cool.gif

Now the question about the players. Are these guys are worth to keep or rather worth to cash in on them ?

1. Diego Forlan - mind you i'll be using lone striker and definiately gonna buy both Guilherme (Cruzeiro) and Stancu.

2. Jose Antonio Reyes - i was looking through his profile and hes OK but nothing special tbh.

3. Perrea - foreigner DC, looks decent, contract expires within a year, gonna try and offload him probably.

Now, i want to fulfill potential of Pichu Atienza and Ignacio Camacho ASAP as they are both amazing players. I've had them both on my previous games. Also want to keep the team Spanish with a handy addition of portugal talents in likes of Veloso, Adrien, Stelvio.

Anyone had an experience with Insua ? I never managed to get him and he looks very promising. Got 2nd nationality as well icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Loki20_PL:

1. Diego Forlan - mind you i'll be using lone striker and definiately gonna buy both Guilherme (Cruzeiro) and Stancu.

2. Jose Antonio Reyes - i was looking through his profile and hes OK but nothing special tbh.

3. Perrea - foreigner DC, looks decent, contract expires within a year, gonna try and offload him probably.

Keep Forlan and Reyes,they are good for the first season. I sold Reyes at start of the 2nd season for 20M +20% of next. And I play still Forlan as my striker. And Perea is nothing special.

Good to see someone from Poland here :p Good luck.

Ahhh, didn't notice you're my native fellow icon_wink.gif

Pozdrawiam hehe.

Forlan composure is pretty low and i want Guilherme badly, had him on previous game and he outscored literally everyone in Premiership icon_smile.gif Gotta see how much i can get for Forlan.

• 3 weeks later...

After a very successful 5 years Lyon save (including 5 league titles & 3 Champions League Trophies) I decided I needed a fresh challenge.

Having looked around I decided on Atletico as they have a great young squad, good stadium and decent finances. When you are up against the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Sevilla & Valencia it's a big challenge.

Having just made it to the January transfer window my in & outs look like this.

After exceeding all expectation at the start of the season we are going brilliantly in the league, with two amazing results against Real Madrid and Barcelona.

The results in the UEFA cup haven't been quite as good. Having made it to the Group stage with a convincing 8-0 qualifying win, we lost two of our first three group games (AZ Alkmar & Blackburn Rovers). This meant we had to go to Red Star in the final game and win to qualify. Fortunately we finally hit form and won 5-0. However having only qualified third in the group we have been given a tough draw against Bayern Munich.

I will post again once I have completed my first season. icon_cool.gif

Spike

Nice transfers mate. I see you like to keep it french. I wonder. icon_wink.gif

Good results and Barca follow closely.

Be sure to watch at these youngsters : Aaron, Iago, Capel, De Gea they could be picked up for free later on.

Thanks guys icon_smile.gif

Purefun

Nice to see you in here mate. Yeah had to bring a few French players in after my Lyon experience.

De Gea starts at Atletico, but will keep an eye on the others icon14.gif

They've got some great youngsters in the first team, reserves & U18's. If you get bored of Lyon come and give it a try icon_wink.gif

robinho10

Playing on original game with no patch.

Formation

Team Instructions

Unfortunately a season which promised so much eventually delivered nothing due to a ridiculous end of season fixture pile up (8 games in 18 days), key injuries (Aguero, Reyes & Pablo all missed the last month of the season) and suspensions. With such a small (and young) squad the players unfortunately ran out of steam at the end of a tough season. icon13.gif

In the league a 6-2 victory over Barcelona at the Vicente Calderon left us in a very healthy position after 29 games (W23 D6 L0), with a six point advantage over Barcelona at the top plus a game in hand. Unfortunately our excellent form deserted us in the last 9 games (W3 D2 L4). We went into the last game level on points with Barcelona knowing that a victory would guarantee us the title (having beaten them twice in the league). Unfortunately we could only manage a draw while Barcelona won, leaving us to finish a frustrating but very creditable second in the final table.

The cup competitions were a similar story. In the Coppa Del Rey we cruised into the final where we met (and lost to) Barcelona.

The UEFA Cup was even more disappointing. Again we made the final comfortably (having despatched Bayern Munich, Valencia & Chelsea along the way), where we came up against a resilient Arsenal side. We were 2-0 up and cruising with 13 minutes remaining, at which point a misplaced Maxi Rodriguez pass resulted in a goal. 5 minutes later the tie was level and although we still had several chances to win the match it ended all square and went to extra time. Having made all 3 substitutions in regulation time the players who finished normal time would have to see out extra time, and they were already struggling (with most players fitness down to the low 70’s). This showed in extra time as we conceded straight from the restart, and then conceded a further 3 goals while chasing the game.

A couple of players picked up awards with Reyes winning Player of the Year and Zarate winning Signing of the Season (£3m). Having only been brought in as back-up to Rodriguez & Forlan (with Aguero and Reyes playing as attacking midfielders rather than strikers) he quickly dislodged Forlan and was devastating (managing 3 or 4 hat-tricks during the course of the season).

I have already started investing in players for next season with Raul Albiol (£13.5m release), Diego Capel (£9m) and Niklas Bendtner (loan) having already been snapped up, while Diego Forlan has been shipped out to AC Milan (£8.25m) as he was not happy about sitting on the bench. I am hoping to bring in a couple more players to give a bit more strength in depth to the squad, which currently looks like this:

GK – Leo Franco/Felipe (providing Aguero takes Spanish citizenship)/De Gea

DR – Seitaridis/Jurado

DL – Lopez/Traore

DC – Albiol/Pablo/Perea/Breno(foreign)

MR – Simao/Miguel/Torje

ML – Reyes/Capel/Miguel

MC – Makoun(foreign)/Flamini

AMC – Ageuro(foreign)/Raul Garcia

ST – Rodriguez/Zarate/Bendtner/Stancu

I am currently trying to offload Eller, Pernia & Mista to bring in some more transfer funds and free up some wage space, but the stupid game won’t let me change their squad status to “not needed by club†and I am therefore finding it difficult to sell them. Can anyone help?

icon_frown.gif

I have completed my transfer activity in preparation of my second season in charge, and it went as follows:

IN

Raul Albiol - £13.5m (release clause)

Diego Capel - £9.5m (release clause)

Guiseppe Rossi - £8.5m (release clause)

OUT

Fabio Eller - Free

Luis Perea - £2.4m

Mista - £1m

Diego Forlan - £8.25

This leaves the squad looking like this:

GK – Leo Franco/De Gea

DR – Seitaridis/Valera

DL – Lopez/Traore

DC – Albiol/Pablo/Breno(foreign)/Sakho

MR – Simao/Torje/Miguel

ML – Reyes/Capel/Miguel

MC – Makoun(foreign)/Flamini

AMC – Ageuro(foreign)/Raul Garcia

ST – Rodriguez/Zarate/Rossi/Stancu

The joy of my transfer activity was shortlived, as the arrival of the pre-season friendlies coincided with the departure of no less than 8 first team squad members to the Olympics (one third of my first team squad) icon_mad.gif

De Gea (GK)

Sakho (DC)

Breno (DC)

Traore (DL)

Aguero (AMC)

Raul Garcia (AMC)

Rodriguez (ST)

Zarate (ST)

As if this wasn't bad enough the players that would have been promoted from the B team to cover had also been called up:

Felipe (GK)

Pichu Atienza (DC/DM)

Ignacio Comacho (DM)

Georginio Wijnaldum (AMRLC)

Unfortunately all of these players were still missing when we came up against Barcelona in the Super Cup, while they were only missing Messi and Dos Santos. Unfortunately the difference in squad depth told as we lost 6-1 on aggregate.

Fortunately with the first league game of the season only 2 days away most of the squad are back at the Vicente Calderon. With only Breno and Felipe still missing.

Hopefully we can bring in some silverware this season icon_smile.gif

Purefun

Yeah not a bad season I suppose, would have been nice to have won something though having come so close to everything. Still can't believe how we threw away the league title.

Yeah I am happy with my signings. Still have £8.5m to spend and may have to sign another keeper. Don't think De Gea is up to 1st team action yet and can't promote Felipe as all 3 of my Foreign spots are filled. Aguero is qualified for Spanish citizenship but hasn't taken it up yet.

I hate the Olympics, I remember you had the same problem with Lyon at one stage. I suppose it's the price you pay for having a young squad.

Can't remember what the finances were for standings/tv revenue, but they were pretty good.

I see the Lyon thread just keeps going and going. I am still keeping up to date with the goings on, and will no doubt continue my Lyon game at some point. icon_smile.gif

hey all. just started an athletico save. good so far. 1st by 4 points after 6 games having won 5 drew 1. best result being a 4-2 win over sevilla where i thrashed them all game and they got a last minute penalty. top scorer is aguero with 5 in 7 and an average of 7.6.

have signed

samba - 1 mil (3 goals!)

rafinha - 12 mil

sakho - 500k

saivet - 400k

galvan - 400k

didi hamann - 350k

lloris - 12 mil

out

forgot but he is the starting right back - 8mil

using kimz tactic and is going very well

any help would be welcome icon_smile.gif

Welcome kopsy101 it's nice to finally have some company in here icon_smile.gif

Good signings icon14.gif What patch are you playing?

I have just started my second season (if you're interested the details of my first season are on the previous page).

Have won 6 and lost 1 in the league so far, and we are joint top with Barcelona and Sevilla. The Champions League is also going well with a 5-2 victory over Arsenal at home, and 3-0 win against Porto away.

Look forward to hearing how you are getting on.

Purefun

Have to admit I was a bit worried when the draw was made. It was nice to get revenge over Arsenal for last season's UEFA Cup final though icon_cool.gif

Have tied up deals to bring in Dean Bouzanis, Pedro (Arsenal), Thiago (Barcelona) & Saivet in January icon14.gif

Isn't it about time you came and gave Atletico a try icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Spike:

Purefun

Have to admit I was a bit worried when the draw was made. It was nice to get revenge over Arsenal for last season's UEFA Cup final though icon_cool.gif

Have tied up deals to bring in Dean Bouzanis, Pedro (Arsenal), Thiago (Barcelona) & Saivet in January icon14.gif

Isn't it about time you came and gave Atletico a try icon_wink.gif

I would like too mate but after Lyon i need to get my Anderlecht save starting. Already made a nice thread about it. icon_biggrin.gif

ok 11 games winning by 4 points. barca behind me. just beat galatasaray 4-1 and villareal 4-0. samba has 6 goals in all comps and aguero has 15 in 15(1) with average rating of 7.71. reyes has 9 goals and 13 assists and is doing great. using kimz formation like this

gk - lloris

right back - rafinha

left back - antonio lopez

centre back - samba

centre back - pablo

def mid - motta

def mid - hamann

att mid right - reyes

att mid left - maxi rodriguez

att mid centre - raul garcia

up front - aguero

works a treat!! goals galore also beat getafe 6-2

Having just completed my second season thought i'd give a quick update:

League

Coppa del Rey

Squad stats

Unfortunately we went out in the QF of the Champions League to Bayern Munich, but overall not a bad season.

Awards

Player of the Season - 1st Aguero & 2nd Rossi

Manager of the Season - 1st Me

Have just signed Igor Akinfeev and sold Leo Franco as I wantded a younger keeper.

The board have just announced a 6,000 stadium expansion, taking the capacity to over 60,000.

kopsy101

Stick with Aguero mate he'll come good. He's been immense for me icon14.gif

As kopsy101 said guys come and give Atletico Madrid a go. Anyone can win everything with Barcelona and Real Madrid, this is more of challenge icon_smile.gif

Finished the first season undefeated in the league (gave the cup and the UEFA cup to the reserves)

38 games, 32 victories and 6 draws. 16 points ahead of Real who finished 2nd

122 goals for, 31 against. 91 goals in goal difference, which was more than twice as good as Real

------------Leo Franco-----------

Seitaridis-Samba---Pablo---Lopez-

----------Makoun----Mathieu------

-----Maxi-Raul Garcia--Reyes-----

-------------Forlan--------------

on the bench: Abbiati, Sakho, Bazagli, Ze Castro, Pernia, Valera, Assucao, Motta, Luis Garcia, Jurado, Agüero, Diogo, Anichebe (loan) og Mista

Reyes had the best avr in the Premiera with 7.79, Samba the second best with 7.70. Forlan and Maxi were tied in 3 place with 7.63

Forlan was the topscorer in Premiera with 34 goals, Maxi and Samba were in both in 5th place with 19 goals each

Reyes won POTY with Maxi comming in 2nd. I was manager of the year, Pablo, Samba, Maxi, Reyes and Forlan were on team of the year who also had Leo Franco and Agüera on the bench

Forlan won the golden boots award

DKB

great season well done m8. how do you play forlan because he is really weird for me. he doesnt score for 4 games then gets 4 in 1 match then comes on as a sub and scored in next match then doesnt score for while.

and ye reyes is mint in that position.

quick question - have liverpool come trying to steal all your stars? because on my save they want reyes, maxi, aguero, forlan and raul garcia!!

Originally posted by kopsy101:

DKB

great season well done m8. how do you play forlan because he is really weird for me. he doesnt score for 4 games then gets 4 in 1 match then comes on as a sub and scored in next match then doesnt score for while.

and ye reyes is mint in that position.

quick question - have liverpool come trying to steal all your stars? because on my save they want reyes, maxi, aguero, forlan and raul garcia!!

to be honest most of the "big" clubs are trying to buy my players incl Liverpool

using kimz 8.0.2. tactic, in my training I use alot of strenght to my strikers, don't know if that is why but could be a reason

end of 1st season

won:

league with 93 points

spanish cup to villareal 4-0

eufa cup to lyon 3-2

top performers

aguero - injured for 2 months of season. 50 games 45 goals and 10 assists. 7.63

reyes - 55 games - 24 goals, 43 assists 7.5 or sumin

maxi rodriguez who is worth 11.5 mil and ave of 7.3 has had a big of 21 mil. accept?

please answer

Thanks mate icon14.gif

He looks worse on your game at 25 than he does in mine at 21. Fortunately i've got a top quality coaching team to get the best out of him.

He's scored 2 in 3 so far, and his value has already increased from £3.9m to £5.25m icon_biggrin.gif

finished second season and won

league on 87 points

champions league - beat inter 4-0 in final aguero hattrick

got 35 mil to spend and silva dooesnt want to come so my plan is screwed. i need another attacking mid as luis garcia is getting old and kroos is still too young. i need more money for ronaldo. any ideas of a left back or attacking mid?

Hi, i'm in the third season, but things aren't going very vell for me, despite havin' quite good squad... First season i've finished 3rd, second season - 4th in La Liga... In europe, in first year i've managed to go till semis in UEFA cup, in second season finished third in CL group stage and later reached semis in UEFA cup... BTW in Coppa del Rey both years whent till semi finals...

My squad:

GK - Hugo Lloris/Antonio Adan

DR - Giuorkas Seitaridis/Juan Valera

DL - Antonio Lopez/christian Pander

DC - Cristian Zapata/Ze Castro

DC - Raul Albiol/Luis Perea

DM - Demmy de Zeeuw/Sunny

MC - Javi Martinez/Raul Garcia

AMR - Asamoah Gyan/Simao Sabrosa

AML - Silva/Luis Garcia

AMC - Matias Fernandez/Raul Garcia

ST - Sergio Aguero/Bogdan Stancu

Originally posted by kopsy101:

how did you get 62 mil?

i've payed 20mils and anotger 40 in two years, so in first season i've to pay fot him 40mils...

and money for transfers came from champions league and some transfer money, though in last transfer window i've spent 91miln and received only 34 icon_smile.gif

BTW i'm using adjust budget buton alot icon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I'm about to start an Athletico Madrid league. I've always had a soft spot for them and being a Tottenham fan I suppose I see similarities. Any advice in terms of signings would be appreciated. My board offered me £4.8 million to spend. What confuses is on this thread it seems everyone else has alot more money than this.

Archived