The Rangers F.C Thread: Season 06/07

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hagi [romania kick ass]:

Can some-one please give me the address of the new follow follow boards ?

When i try and log on, on the original site, it says the boards are temp closed !

Thanks ! icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://followfollow.proboards86.com/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice one cheers Ter icon14.gif

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eleanor_Rigby:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hagi [romania kick ass]:

Young Scottish Talent? Webster to Rangers then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not next season he won't. Romanov isn't going to sell anyone to the OF unless they stump up considerable amounts. it ain't Hibs you're dealing with now icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

another good scottish player wasting away.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrankJJ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vidmar:

I want to know who all these great young things are we ruined, i really do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brian Reid icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Christ we're going back further now...

He was a wee bit youngger when he joined. The complimentary cricket ground/Jordanhill knee injury put paid to his chances - not Rangers per se.

Kepp trying lads.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vidmar:

another good scottish player wasting away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

YAS!

I want to know who all these great young things are we ruined, i really do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rae, either! icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie:

I knew my late evening appearance would be worthwhile... icon14.gif

As usual McD, pretty much spot on.

That silly caution will be gone by the start of the season thank goodness. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kind words. icon_smile.gif

Tried hard to resist, but the pangs hurt. icon_frown.gif

The situation is a tad different. Lack of loyalty works both ways. If both Webster and his agent feel they can do better than Hearts, then Romanov has every right to replace him with someone that wants to play for Hearts. It makes no sense playing someone that doesn't want to play for the club in the first place.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrankJJ:

Rae, either! icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For goodness sake... icon_biggrin.gif

ah semantics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

McD got banned for that... icon15.gificon_wink.gif

Carrying on the fitba theme

RE: the squad...

The goalkeepers we have two good goalkeepers both getting on in their years one is loved by the fans one isn't as much one is on massive wages the other isn't one has been offered a new contract while the other intends to go no where and wants to retain his #1 status. Fair play to Klos but if he is staying then he has to play no point paying those kinda wages to sit on the bench, we may aswell get our money's worth so, so long Hoff see ya later.

Defence

J-Rod is the rock our defence needs to be built around of that I have no doubt, the type of defender he nees beside is an Amoruso type without the headless routine. Like Andrews but with a bit more class. Personally Tavradilis(sp) would be my first choice to partner Rodrigues in the new look defence. I'd keep big marv as backup he's good enough for the SPL.

As far as the fullbacks go we need a new right back unless Nando is coming back into the side and takes up the postition this is no slight on Hutton but he's got very complacent lately and often prone to mistakes on the other side you have Smith who looks a tremendous talent, loves to get forward and can dig in however I'm slighty worried about his stamina and strength he can come across as a little lightweight at times but one for the future. Ian Murray is another must keep very versatile and can slot in almost anywhere as backup. Bernard goodbye.

Midfield

Where do I start??? I like Hemdani(controversial) but he does have something to offer to the side with the RIGHT players around him, for a defensive midfielder to be truly effective you need good creative players around him and this has been severly lacking last season. He keeps things neat and tidy doesn't dive into tackles or give away the ball too easily.

Ferguson is one of our most important players if not most important players he's our captain our leader and on his day an outstanding midfielder however injuries have taken their toll and it's been evident since his return from Blackburn he isn't the same player we knew hopefully with a little rest and the operation the old Barry will be back next season.

Gavin Rae good solid box to box midfielder can provide decent backup and is a good player to have in the squad.

Forwards

Dado Dado Dado we love you Dado I can say no more. Boyd well they say he is only half the player he can be and he doesn't do enough outside the box but to be honest I really couldn't care less if he bangs 30+ goals in he could sit in the penalty box for all i care.

Lovenkrands needs to make up his mind and make it up fast I'd like to see him stay if used to his full strength but if he goes i'll really have no complaints but mon son make up your mind sharpish. Nacho Thanks for the season and the goals and see you later.

Youths

N'guessan, Adam, McCormack and co are players that really excite me especially N'Guessan and he must be giving a chance next season in a few years you could have the complete package in N'Guessan especially if used properly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary Toner:

Uh i didn't mean to type that much icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Story of my life mate... icon_wink.gif

Agree with pretty much everything you say. It's quite hard to make judgements on some players due to the ginger tacticians brainstorms.

But we need to move on a few chancers most defintely.

ah semantics, fact is Svetoslav Frankenstien gets a game but Andy Webster does'nt and the national team suffers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've yet to hear a valid reason as to why Webster should be playing for us. It really doesn't matter a jot whether he's Scottish, English or Spangolian, he and his agent set out to purposely unsettle the team before an important match. If he had been bought from, lets say for argument sake, Dundee Utd and then after 10 minutes of competitive football just dropped to the reserves, then I'd understand where you where coming from.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Svetoslav Frankenstien </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Class name. icon_biggrin.gif

Some players just don't work out. It's not any more complicated or sinister than that. Yeah, we've had one or two young Scottish boys that maybe haven't been entirely productive signings, but Christ we've had our fair share of foriegn failures too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eleanor_Rigby:

I've yet to hear a valid reason as to why Webster should be playing for us. It really doesn't matter a jot whether he's Scottish, English or Spangolian, he and his agent set out to purposely unsettle the team before an important match. If he had been bought from, lets say for argument sake, Dundee Utd and then after 10 minutes of competitive football just dropped to the reserves, then I'd understand where you where coming from. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rightly or wrongly, I think most folk are going to view the situation with more caution than believing it is solely Webster's fault.

ah semantics, fact is Svetoslav Frankenstien gets a game but Andy Webster does'nt and the national team suffers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've yet to hear a valid reason as to why Webster should be playing for us. It really doesn't matter a jot whether he's Scottish, English or Spangolian, he and his agent set out to purposely unsettle the team before an important match. If he had been bought from, lets say for argument sake, Dundee Utd and then after 10 minutes of competitive football just dropped to the reserves, then I'd understand where you where coming from. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting when the perspective changes somewhat when its your own club 'ruining' Scottish 'talent' icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Interesting when the perspective changes somewhat when its your own club 'ruining' Scottish 'talent' icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Obviously the perspective changes. Two entirely different situations ffs icon_biggrin.gif

Seriously, if Webster hadn't acted like an arse then aye a' wid take issue over the fact he's now warming a seat in the stand. He really has no one to blame other than himself and his agent. Hartley was exactly in the same situation as Webster, yet he's still playing, why? Because he never once tried to shaft the club would be my guess.

• SI Staff

I see Sionko has been called up to join the Czech training camp as it's looking likely that Vladimir Smicer is going to have to drop out because of injury.

I wonder if he can convince Nedved to join us when Juventus are relegated icon_wink.gif

So they've officially signed

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> RANGERS today completed deals for two promising French players, Antoine Ponroy and William Stanger.

Defender Antoine, 20, and striker William, 20, who were impressed with the Club's state-of-the-art facilities during a visit to Ibrox and Murray Park yesterday, had successful medicals earlier today and are looking forward to beginning their new careers in Scotland.

Manager Paul Le Guen, who watched the pair develop at Rennes, commented: "I am delighted we have agreed deals with Antoine and William.

"I believe we can improve their level and we will try to help them do that.

"They are both very promising young players and now have the chance to develop at Rangers. I am sure they will progress by working hard every day at the wonderful training facilities we have at Murray Park."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• SI Staff

Would have liked to have seen Lovenkrands stay on but it made it all the easier to move with the fans on his back for much of his stay, which wasn't really his fault as we all saw what he can do when played through the middle.

Good luck to him.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary Toner:

Laurent Robert icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't need him. We've got Nacho Novo. icon_frown.gif

To continue the debate about young Scottish talent- till about 6 months ago when Hutton, Smith and Burke started to command first team places there have been virtually no home grown talent making it for many years apart from Ferguson and to a lesser extent, Malcolm. Why is this? Rangers have the best training facilities and surely have the scouting expertise to take their pick of the cream of Scottish talent, yet so few make it not only at Rangers but to the highest level anywhere. Why? Is it the standard of coaching or a dramatic drop off in the standard of youngsters available? Surely kids still play football all over the country and it is hard to fathom out why the club cannot have half the team regularly coming through the ranks. Does the pressure for instant success mean that the Manager has to look for quick fixes and not to long term development? With the current changes to UEFA rules about home-grown talent, it is an area that the club cannot and should not ignore.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">surely have the scouting expertise to take their pick of the cream of Scottish talent </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_confused.gif I'm convinced our ex head scout Ewan Chester used Championship Manager

I'm quite sad to see him go after how well he did last year. However, there was no guarantee that he wouldn't go back to his lazy ways again next year. He might have had to play out on the wing and would have probably started his moaning.

Good luck to the boy anyway icon14.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrazT:

To continue the debate about young Scottish talent- till about 6 months ago when Hutton, Smith and Burke started to command first team places there have been virtually no home grown talent making it for many years apart from Ferguson and to a lesser extent, Malcolm. Why is this? Rangers have the best training facilities and surely have the scouting expertise to take their pick of the cream of Scottish talent, yet so few make it not only at Rangers but to the highest level anywhere. Why? Is it the standard of coaching or a dramatic drop off in the standard of youngsters available? Surely kids still play football all over the country and it is hard to fathom out why the club cannot have half the team regularly coming through the ranks. Does the pressure for instant success mean that the Manager has to look for quick fixes and not to long term development? With the current changes to UEFA rules about home-grown talent, it is an area that the club cannot and should not ignore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not an area that is being ignored and it's now that we're beginning to see some player beginning to break through.

You can't just have a good new training facility and instantly have good players who are ready to play in the first team. There's also a lot of pressure to deal with as Rangers are expected to win every week.

Le Guen has made it clear that if a player is good enough for the first team then he will play, so I would expect a few more to break through. I'd like to see us blend some youth with experience in the League Cup this coming season.

its amazing really, had Eck played Chris Burke or another, so called fans favourite, upfront for 2 seasons everybody would be up in arms "its not his fault hes playing poorly" etc but since its Lovenkrands its "good riddence" or "waster"

Money grabber, waster, poser ect ect ect

He's going to a better league and will be earning more money in a good side, People harp on about him following the money which may or may not be true. But i'll ask anyone would you stay at a club where the a sizeable section of the fans that for nearly 2 years haven't appreciated you, have screamed abuse at you, got on your back at nearly every opportunity. 54 goals in about 130 starts and played mostly as a winger not a bad return.

Good luck to him and i wish him well.

Archived