FM11:Cedric Bakambu

i2dark4u

I did a search for this guy and was surprised to see theres no player thread on him. Deffinatley think all sides in Championship could benefit from him, even Premiership sides.

photo-cedric-bakambu.jpg

(This info is taken from wikipedia 18/4/2011) Cédric Bakambu (born 11 April 1991 in Vitry-sur-Seine) is a French football player of Congolese descent who currently plays for Ligue 1 club Sochaux.[1][2] He operates primarily in the lead striker role. Bakambu is a French youth international and has represented his country at both under-18 and under-19 level. He was a part of the team that won the 2010 UEFA European Under-19 Football Championship on home soil. On 1 May 2010, Bakambu played in the 2010 Coupe Gambardella Final and scored a goal for his team at the Stade de France. Sochaux, however, lost the match 4–3 on penalties.[3] Bakambu had previously scored a double in the team's semi-final victory.[2]

Bakambu made his professional debut on 7 August 2010 in the team's opening league match against Arles-Avignon appearing as a substitute in a 2–1 win.[4] The following month, he signed his first professional contract agreeing to a three-year deal with Sochaux until June 2013

As for my own experience i find playing him as a poacher fairly effective. In the Championship with Southampton i had him swap position with Federico Macheda who was playing as either a DLF or ADF cant remember since i have changed tacts slightly for premiership. He set that league on fire, second top scorer behind Fabian Brandy who was with Sheffield Wednesday being played by my friend. Also chipped in with 13 assists probably due to weaker opposition more than anything. Did not have the funds to buy him the previous season and Man U snapped him up. Belive he may have been tutored while at the club Man U will need to double check.(unable to check now because he is on a save i play on a network game)

He was top scorer the next season in EPL again on loan from Man U with 25 goals in the premier league. Personally i think he could be the next Thierry Henry with the right guidance. Would like to know other peoples thoughts about him and how to get the best out of him. Can be available from FC Sochaux-Montbe for around £3m to £4m i belive which is a bargain although probably a stretch for a Championship side.

fm2011-04-1714-55-15-88.jpg

fm2011-04-1714-55-30-21.jpg

I found him in my first season at Donny Rovers, wanted to buy him but couldn't afford him. His team were turning down offers from Real and Man Utd at the time, so I thought I'd stick a sneaky loan bid in, and low and behold got him for the season. Single handedly got me into the premier league via the play offs, abo****e hero in the poacher role up front! In my first prem season I've tried to get him back - they want £2.2m for a season loan, I reluctantly agreed but even though I'm now one of his favoured clubs he wouldn't come back :( Top player though!

One of my scouts found him for me and he has started unbelievably:

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff391/GKL1/CdricBakambuProfile_Attributes.png

After 26 goals in 10 games I took pity on the reserve sides he was annihilating and promoted him to the seniors where he's still scoring a goal every fifty minutes. I'm playing him as a poacher off Stefan Kießling who I got to tutor him which worked a treat and really boosted his determination.

I simply call hm "The Talisman" when he scores we stand a good chance of winning. Shame i dont have no one with high enough rep to tutor him though. He looks like an assassin on other peoples saves im very impressed :) I got him to ppm "run with ball through center" which is proving good as he goes on long mazy runs torturing the defenders. Think next one i will try and get him to learn is "round the keeper."

• 2 weeks later...

gotta be one of most underatted players on game i signed him on my west ham save 1st season he was top prem goalscorer little 2.3m aswell half way through second season atletico knokin on my door with bids of 18m im holding out for 30 tho

I've got him on loan from Man City for my PSV save, so far he has scored 12 goals in 20 apperances and has also got 5 assists.

I may have to break the bank to sign him at the end of his loan, seems like a real good player to have!

Just finished 2014/2015 season and scored 34 times in 42 appearances. PPM's i got him to learn were "Run with ball through center" and "Round Keeper" its funny watching him run at the defences from the channels and seeing the sheer terror and scramble that insues. One of my best buys ever in FM.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/i2dark4u/bakambu1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/i2dark4u/bakambu2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/i2dark4u/bakambu3.jpg

• 2 months later...

I signed him for Ajax, at the moment, he scored 17 goals in 24 games. Just scored 2 goals against AZ in 4-1 win. Was on 9 hours run without scoring a goal. Currently playing him as poacher in 4-2-3-1.

wow! he looks really good definitely worth a look could anyone tell me if robin van persie would be a good tutor for him on my arsenal save?

I believe so.

Archived