FM08 : Olympique Lyon : Les Gones

Purefun

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by purefun:

Guys no discussion around here who is better and thats final.

Btw Briand is much better.

WHS icon_cool.gif

Briand the best striker i've ever had \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and you're the best mate icon14.gif

Originally posted by mikiz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">briand is crap for me.

Marseille disagree:

http://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=02132008015357ev1.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brilliant mate.

Are those two a great partnership or not?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">briand is crap for me.

Marseille disagree:

http://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=02132008015357ev1.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Saint-Etienne disagree with both of you

benzemaht6.th.jpg

And before you ask everything went in, 13 shots 12 on target 10 goals icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Saint-Etienne disagree with both of you

And before you ask everything went in, 13 shots 12 on target 10 goals

yeah, but you don't have Briand icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've had him and Benzema > Briand

And Hopey, i know, dead late on as well, it was one of them goals where its scored from an impossible angle

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mikiz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Benzema > Briand

baws imo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

big donkey baws aswell </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you tried Briand in top class league, like the English, Spanish and Itailian, is as good, Benzema is

Originally posted by Sir frosinone:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Have you tried Briand in top class league, like the English, Spanish and Itailian, is as good, Benzema is

icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for backing me up, and i meant is he as good

Originally posted by jonahno6:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mikiz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Benzema > Briand

baws imo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

big donkey baws aswell </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you tried Briand in top class league, like the English, Spanish and Itailian, is as good, Benzema is </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

teh premiership yes

Originally posted by ClarenceZico:

Heej all, nice to see this thread is thriving. I started a Lyon game months ago but have not had time to play much due to work, however ive started it up again and is going well. Im sure purefun remembers me from here, atleast he better icon_biggrin.gif

KUTGW guys icon14.gif

Offcourse i remember you my dutch friend icon_biggrin.gif Welcome mate and have fun as usual.

Jonahno6

Great result there.

And for the rest of you its an endless discussion but i'll make it longer Benzema=Briand icon_wink.gif. There you go.

Now everything is settled the king has spoken. icon_smile.gif Thank you.

There shouldn't even be a debate

Briand/Benzema are both class but each offers a different style. Benzema is more of a striker who brings people in more often he is a creative striker. Ofc he can score alot as well.

Briand is an out an out striker, he scores goals, ofc he can set them up to. But his main strength is in getting goals.

I think Benzema thrives when playing with someone upfront, not as a lone man (From my experience) when I use to play 4-4-2 Fred and Benzema were incredible together. Probably the best striker force in the world on my game (non biast obv icon_smile.gif).

But now I play with just one up front, Briand is my first choice. He is a goal machine, I still use Benzema but I dont think he is as effective as Briand in the lone role for my style of play.

No real debate needed guys, different people different strokes.

Both are world class imo, now lets get down to Lyon matters eh? icon_wink.gif

Briand is an out an out striker, he scores goals, ofc he can set them up to. But his main strength is in getting goals.

Disagree with this point. His scoring record at Rennes is poor and he is a cultured striker, so like a Berbatov or Bergkamp, hence he is more of a striker that brings others into play

His scoring record IRL isn't amazing but for me on my save of Lyon, he has been profilic for both Rennes and Me.

He was at Rennes the whole of the first season, and he scored a **** load.

I then brough him at the start of the second season and he has scored loads ever since, my most proflic striker in my squad. I wouldn't say he is cultured only in his FM08 profile description.

I'll pull up his scoring stats if needs be for my save. As I said for me on my game he is only a cultured striker in description on FM.

What a draw im getting for the CL, after knocking out the danish team in the first KO stages. I got drawn against Shaktar, beat theam 3-0 on agg. Now I have Feyenoord in the Semi finals. Easily the best draw I could get woo!

Just make sure you isolate Roy Makaay. If you keep him quiet you keep Feyenoord quiet. Without him they have no major goal threat. What is there current back line? Coz Feyenoord are known for being rather slow, expose that by making sure yuo get the ball down your wings and gettin lots of balls into the box icon14.gif

Archived