FM08 : Olympique Lyon : Les Gones

Purefun

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well he is a coach on my game, just local rep though.

With my game everything is going great, i'm scoring more, conceving less after they got used to the new and improved tactics.

Only thing is Matias is not making the impact he makes for everbody else. He only had one great/good game. What are the instructions you guys give to him? thx

Matais is having a similar problem for me Purefun, however I am sure that is done to the fact he is still settling in to my team and france.

Would advice you to look at your team stats at the end of the game and check he is completing enough passes etc and all that, and just tweak his invidual settings to make him more effective icon_smile.gif

First of all, hi everyone. Given the popularity of this thread - i've decided to venture to France for my next save.

Iv never really realised the squad and money available to Lyon, accomodated with the expectations of dominating domestically and the challenge of winning the CL, im looking forward to getting started.

So far, im taking my time in pre season. Things are going well and the addiction levels are kicking in already icon_smile.gif

I'll put up my transfers/squad once the window comes to a close.

Quick Update:

CL Group B:

Lyon Played 6, Won 6, For 22, Against 3

Juvetus Played 6, Won 4, For 12, Against 7

CSKA Played 6, Won 1, Lost 5, For 5, Against 15

CFR Played 6, Won 1, Lost 5, For 2, Against 16

-----

Not bad, I am in impressive form in the CL. Hopefully I will build on this and get even better as I progress in the CL icon_smile.gif

Transfer window has just come to a close, my team is shown below -

my.php?image=lyonaugust07rx0.jpg

Transfers -

my.php?image=lyonog3.png

All-in-all im happy with my aquisitions, Evra being a particular highlight. Took me almost a month of negotiating to get him at 7.25m (+ some extras). Also delighted to get Menez as im hoping he'll become a integral part of my team.

The first few games have began fairly well, 4 wins and 2 draws in the league, including a 2-0 victory over Marseille. Also managed to win the champions trophy. Formation seems very tight at the back but im lacking goals at times in attack, hopefully il resolve this quickly.

On a more neagtive note, i've been handed a tough CL group with Inter, Sporting and Rangers.

Jan transfers 4th season:

* Mario Camacho - Regen, has the potential to be better than Ustari - Free

* Pichu Atienza - Defender, has the potential to be better than pique 7star potential rating. - Free

* Toni Kroos - Need a say anything about this guyicon_smile.gif - Free icon_biggrin.gif

* Robles - Argie, and my long term replacement for Clerc, he looks impressive and has 7star potential. - 3million.

----

Got Ajax in 1st KO round of CL icon_smile.gif

Time for my first update.

Having had a busy afternoon, the january transfer window has just opened.. And to my delight, Mr Chairman has decided to accept a measly 12.75m bid for my star defender Seb Squillaci. With the prospect of AC Milan beckoning, he quickly accepted and im left with a hole in my back 4.

However, with Barzagli still at Palermo - i've lined him up as my main transfer target. Tabling a bid of 12.75m, a 40% sell on and 2m after 30 league appearances, Palermo have reluctantly accepted, along with a bid of 16.75m from Valencia. Iv offered him a healthy 50k per week, so im praying he accepts.

Inter have also come sniffing around Kallstrom, making an enquiry. Asking for 10.5m, they made a bid and off he went to Italy. Good bit of business on my part as the following day my bid of 10m and 10% sell on was accepted for Matias Fernandez.

Anyway, back to my season's progress. CL - I qualified top of my group, doing the double over Inter (but drew twice to the bottom team, Rangers) and have been handed a tie with Lazio. Which im relativly happy with.

In the league i have a 12 point lead at the top, after drawing 3 of my first 7 games due to a lack of goals, i quickly re-trained Juninho to AMC and pushed him up into a 4-2-3-1. Which has worked wonders. My only loss of the season came in my first game in december.. a man of the match display from Hugo Loris, giving Nice a 1-0 victory. This followed by 2 0-0 draws, meant December has been a month to forget. On the plus side, Coupet has made his long awaited return from injury, bringing an end to Vercoutre's Lyon career. Costil has performed very well so will be my Number 2.

Let's hope January goes better!

Scott08

Welcome mate to the evergrowing world of Lyon icon_wink.gif.

Some great transfers there esp. Evra, quality and also a lot of youngster mainly french which is good offcourse.

Squillaci is a great defenders shame on your chairman but Barzagli would do fine i suppose. icon_biggrin.gif

Also Matias is a favourite of ours.

Hopey

Impressive results in Champions League mate. icon14.gif

Would love to see some screenshots of those 3 regens!! thx

Originally posted by HoPeY:

Only Robles and Mario Camacho are regen, Pichu Atienza is a RL player I think anyway, here is a screenshot of him:

Pichu Atienza

Not bad, and he should improve. But already he has some not bad stats. I shall get a S.S of robles later purefun icon_smile.gif

I stand corrected (an expression i learned icon_wink.gif)

Originally posted by purefun:

Scott08

Welcome mate to the evergrowing world of Lyon icon_wink.gif.

Some great transfers there esp. Evra, quality and also a lot of youngster mainly french which is good offcourse.

Squillaci is a great defenders shame on your chairman but Barzagli would do fine i suppose. icon_biggrin.gif

Also Matias is a favourite of ours.

Hopey

Thanks. Yeh Evra's proved to be a bargain.

Barzagli and Matias both decided to join which was fantastic. Only problem is there both cup-tied for the CL.

Managed to beat Lazio 4-2 in Italy, in the first leg and win comfortably at home 3-0, to set up Quater Final meeting with Man Utd. Should be a tough two games for us.

Coupe De Lige Final is my next game, so cross-fingers for some early silverwere!

Originally posted by Scott08:

Just knocked Man Utd out, getting my fair share of luck on the way but im not complaining icon_wink.gif

Real Madrid next

Man you're flying through your first season. How many leagues have you loaded and which ones? thx

Quick update on my game in 5th season now and top of the league by 12 points with 7 games left. Got knocked out of Champions League by Roma in Quater Final. Am in the quater final of french cup got knocked out of french league cup.Have got a bit of a problem now my bank balance is only 2.5 million but transfer kitty is 25 million i cant see why my bank balance has gone right down we are currenty building a new stadium in my name but that is only costing 1.3 millon per month.

Elite

Having the same problem. 65 mil against 5 mil icon_confused.gif i think this is because we don't generate enough money with merchandising and having a rather small stadium together with the tax that is heavy in France, thats creating this problem although at the end of the season we get enough money threw that final league standing thing and tv-revenue.

I won EVERYTHING again!

It's either my team is too good, or the winning tactic does what it says on the tin. Beat Inter in the Champs Final 3-2.

I might go back to Arsenal now.. this is actually too easy. The league is just a walk in the park! I think I won by about 20 points in the end.. :S

Originally posted by joer131:

Hah.. it's not that. It's just it wasn't much of a challenge in the end. And I haven't even signed Briand yet! :p

And Arsenal is? They got a bigger stadium which means more money, more transfermoney, bigger rep, better players and young ...

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by purefun:

BB

Try Riquelme maybe. Scholes should be available. Nedved for sure ...

[

i signe Jay Jay instea as he has 2 PPMs that i want Kroos to learn (Tries Tricks & Shoots From Distance)

\o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okocha icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joer131:

Hah.. it's not that. It's just it wasn't much of a challenge in the end. And I haven't even signed Briand yet! :p

And Arsenal is? They got a bigger stadium which means more money, more transfermoney, bigger rep, better players and young ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Well.. they are my team so I prefer to play as them. And in the league it's harder as there is more than one good side. :p

I will find out for defo but I know of the top of my head he has.

Shoots From Distance.

Hits free kick with power.

I will look when I am next on it and let you know Barnet, he definatly has 6 tho, because when I looked at his position info and saw 6PPM's I was surprised I didn't know the AI does tutoring I thought it didn't?

Hopey

AI does tutoring mate keep focused icon_biggrin.gif

BarnetBoyz or BB what do you prefer?

Anyway i have Balotelli and he is brilliant thank you, he will be in my team next season when he is back from loan at Benfica.

Casillas is tutoring a regen gk in my game i'm keeping on eye him thats for sure.

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

i do not mind either of them purefan icon_biggrin.gif

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif made me laugh mate

Does any of you have signed Freddy Adu on this years version? He is on a free at the end of this season and i want to sign him together with a number of highprofile teams, i don't need him but he will be good for merchandising, i'm thinking an extra 2 mil a month. Anyway is he good because if he is well i just sell one of my midfielders!! (icon_rolleyes.gif)

Qualified after 5 games for next round Champions League but lost Toulalon for a month (having a great season constant 8) and lost Makoun with two yellow, interesting next game against Werder without my two bosses.

League is going well also the cups offcourse.

Signed another regen only because he had a funny name though Ollé-Nicole Stevee (thought it was funny) only 15 so should improve a lot.

Also signed (01.01.2012) on a free a player called Slobodan Rajkovic a DLC and WBL from who Chelsea bought, a big guy. Does anybody know off him or tried him before? I'm having my doubts. He is 22 so could still improve.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mark.:

Hey guys do you use Jimmy Briand as a target man? Run onto ball?

Not as a targetman no. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry forgot to say that a couple of pages back Barnetboyz posted a screenshot of Briand use it it works.

Archived