FM08 : Olympique Lyon : Les Gones

Purefun

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

Briand be Godly

01292008225115zm4.th.jpg

also my view on Ben Arfa has changed again icon_biggrin.gif as he has 12 assists in 14(1) games icon_eek.gif

Briand <3 him and Benzema were on fire in the league first season, Briand has been doing similarly well this season, but Benzema has about 2 league goals compared to about 15-20 lat time icon_frown.gif.

Nostalgic CL final; Lyon vs Ajax. Could be quite interesting as it's not involving any big teams from the English/Italian/Spanish leagues, hopefully we can win it.

quote:

Briand be Godly

also my view on Ben Arfa has changed again as he has 12 assists in 14(1) games

Briand <3 him and Benzema were on fire in the league first season, Briand has been doing similarly well this season, but Benzema has about 2 league goals compared to about 15-20 lat time .

Nostalgic CL final; Lyon vs Ajax. Could be quite interesting as it's not involving any big teams from the English/Italian/Spanish leagues, hopefully we can win it.

Not so true as Monaco Porto was a very entertaining game.

Lyon 4

Ajax 1

Originally posted by Sir frosinone:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">quote:

Briand be Godly

also my view on Ben Arfa has changed again as he has 12 assists in 14(1) games

Briand <3 him and Benzema were on fire in the league first season, Briand has been doing similarly well this season, but Benzema has about 2 league goals compared to about 15-20 lat time .

Not so true as Monaco Porto was a very entertaining game.

Lyon 4

Ajax 1 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Completely forgot that final, my memory failing me already!

Fred was the star player at the Copa America this summer (2011). Played 4 games, scored 4 assists 1. Now everybody wants him i'm thinking 45 mil euro is a good price (at least) if they want him. Luckely my balance is + 115 mil so my chairman will probably accept nothing behind my back. Hopefully. A couple of my starplayers were in last year of contract Toulalon, Veloso, Makoun they all signed extensions but it costed me a lot more than i hoped for. Toulalon is together with Matias F. my best payed player at 275.000 euro a month. Not to bad seeing what other players have at the topclubs. Also Fabregas is interested in joining, i'm not going to buy him but just making him a little bid crazy thats all. icon_wink.gif

i'm thinking of completly changing my tactis in january and will look to get rid of Keita, Toulalan & Fred

anyone had any experience with Mario Gomez? as i'm looking to use a target man and play it ball to feet (neither Benzema or Briand can play it)

What sort of tactic would you be playing than?? Let me know and i could advice some players if you wish. And selling the backbone of Lyon mate you got guts. icon_biggrin.gif

Hello, well I'm not playing Lyon but I want to ask you, how is Ben Arfa performing ? I have the possiblity to buy him on a free. Propably would do that anyway. But my question is should I keep him or try to sell him as fast as I can ? Thanks in advice

stgahoy.

Originally posted by stgahoy:

Hello, well I'm not playing Lyon but I want to ask you, how is Ben Arfa performing ? I have the possiblity to buy him on a free. Propably would do that anyway. But my question is should I keep him or try to sell him as fast as I can ? Thanks in advice

stgahoy.

thats a keeper mate don't sell he is great

Originally posted by purefun:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stgahoy:

stgahoy.

thats a keeper mate don't sell he is great </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks a lot purefun. Someone will need to make place for him icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

i'm thinking of completly changing my tactis in january and will look to get rid of Keita, Toulalan & Fred

anyone had any experience with Mario Gomez? as i'm looking to use a target man and play it ball to feet (neither Benzema or Briand can play it)

What sort of tactic would you be playing than?? Let me know and i could advice some players if you wish. And selling the backbone of Lyon mate you got guts. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i was thinking of playing a

4-3-1-2

GK

DR DC DC DL

MC MC MC

AMC

ST ST

so wingers wouldn't be needed and well for a 2nd time Toulalan hasn't impressed

in the 3 MCs it would be

MC MC MC

the middle MC being attacking while the other 2 are defensive minded, while the AMC & 2 STs attack from the front

i had this similar tactic with arsenal pre patch and had Matty as AMC and he scored 54 goals from AMC iirc icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by jonahno6:

Right Lads, I need a new Fred as Benzema doesn't score without him, and he gets injured alot, so i need a back up Fred basically, £28 Million to spend

Briand comes pretty close. Look at Gignac also.

in the 3 MCs it would be

MC MC MC

the middle MC being attacking while the other 2 are defensive minded, while the AMC & 2 STs attack from the front

i had this similar tactic with arsenal pre patch and had Matty as AMC and he scored 54 goals from AMC iirc icon_biggrin.gif

so with arrows going to the side i presume, veloso would be great at that, diaby maybe, denilso for sure, for the middle one you could use ben arfa plays really well there (on last years game he played there for me)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

in the 3 MCs it would be

MC MC MC

so with arrows going to the side i presume, veloso would be great at that, diaby maybe, denilso for sure, for the middle one you could use ben arfa plays really well there (on last years game he played there for me) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

arrows to the side yes

although as i am now starting to beat teams fairly well i think i will just try to replace certain players and keep the tactic the way it is icon_biggrin.gif

Briand 40 goals before january ffs icon_biggrin.gif

Finished the season, a great end in the end icon_cool.gif.

Beat Toulouse 1-0 in the French League Cup a few months ago, and have just beaten Nancy 2-0 in the French Cup final.

Finished the league season on 99 points (last day draw /o\), with Toulouse and Sochaux filling up the other CL places, which Marseille and PSG had last season.

However the CL final was the main game at the end of the season, final score:

Ajax 1-2 Lyon icon_cool.gif

We battered them the whole game, finally getting a break from an own goal. Briand added a 2nd to seal it with 10 mins to go, but they got an undeserved goal back in stoppage time, but too late to change anything. We're Champions of Europe icon_cool.gif.

Balls, My 3 best players from last season: Benzema, Menez, Ben Arfa, have all ****ed off to the Olympics icon_mad.gif

Had the same problem at the start of my second season, but lost 6 of my French players and an Argentinian icon_mad.gif luckily France didn't make it past the group stage and they returned before my first league game icon_biggrin.gif.

I accepted the Lyon job and a day later it popped up that I had signed Paro. Decent stats, only I dont need him. No one wants Juninho, but I wish Villarreal would stop unsettling Kallstrom! He's worth 9M, so set an asking price of 14, which is a maybe bit high.

Oh well guess I'll have to wait till January until I can offload him...

Thanks for the advice! icon_smile.gif

Balls, My 3 best players from last season: Benzema, Menez, Ben Arfa, have all ****ed off to the Olympics icon_mad.gif

same problem with 6 players, only thing is my first one arrived after the semi's the other five after the final icon13.gif

Lassana Diarra worth a 4M bid? had that bid accepted due to my fantastic relationship with Arsene icon_biggrin.gif shame the old bastards won't sell me any of his stars

only a few problems with Diarra are he wants first team place, 42k a week

but then he is only 22 and a very good defensive midfielder.. i am torn icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by purefun:

in the 3 MCs it would be

MC MC MC

so with arrows going to the side i presume, veloso would be great at that, diaby maybe, denilso for sure, for the middle one you could use ben arfa plays really well there (on last years game he played there for me) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

arrows to the side yes

although as i am now starting to beat teams fairly well i think i will just try to replace certain players and keep the tactic the way it is icon_biggrin.gif

Briand 40 goals before january ffs icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

interesting could your post your tactic with a screenshot if possible? team instructions? player instructions? yes i know i ask a lot but i'm getting annoyed with the game now because i'm doing **** at the moment.

Lassana Diarra worth a 4M bid? had that bid accepted due to my fantastic relationship with Arsene icon_biggrin.gif shame the old bastards won't sell me any of his stars

but then he is only 22 and a very good defensive midfielder.. i am torn icon_frown.gif

thats a buy imo try to lower his wages though

interesting could your post your tactic with a screenshot if possible? team instructions? player instructions? yes i know i ask a lot but i'm getting annoyed with the game now because i'm doing **** at the moment.

i'll try but it might take a while as all my players have different instructions

This is my team the only one not showing is Briand so add him.

Okay guys i recently opened another topic asking about instructions although i had great help my team just doesn't score enough and for some reason i concede to many. I think this is strange seeing that i won the champions league three times. But who cares nothing works at the moment. So i was wondering with the players i have what sort of team would you create and please oh please give instructions with that thank you very much a very desperate ****ed up purefun. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by purefun:

i'll try but it might take a while as all my players have different instructions </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you'll be rewarded with a lot of praise mate icon14.gif

Barcelona want £13m + Payet for dos Santos.. yay or nay?

Oh, and i've had a bid accepted for Pique, Cris will hopefully be on his way out in January then!

I'll post my team in a minute, it's going well so far.. 14 games in, 5 points clear and 2 games in hand!

I would have gone for Diarra myself, but he'd already moved on to Atletico for £10m, so £4m would be a good deal.

Trying to get Diaby off then atm, more French midfielders ftw icon_cool.gif.

Saivet & co have all been pushed into my reserves as they're too old to play for U18s, so will most likely be selling players this summer rather than buying!

For Purefan

My Formation

My Team Instructions

GK Instructions

Full Back Instructions (same for DR & DL)

DC Instructions (same for both)

Defensive Minded MC

Attacking Minded MC

Winger Instructions (Both for AML & AMR, although they switch sides)

Striker #1 Instructions

Striker #2 Instructions

as you can see i'm not a fan of rotation as i like to think that a team they stays together wins together (e.g most of the squad have the likes of Benzema, Briand etc in their favoured personal) so i like to think they play better

anyway hope it helps purefan icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by joer131:

Barcelona want £13m + Payet for dos Santos.. yay or nay?

Oh, and i've had a bid accepted for Pique, Cris will hopefully be on his way out in January then!

I'll post my team in a minute, it's going well so far.. 14 games in, 5 points clear and 2 games in hand!

What season are you in? I'm at the end of 2nd season and Dos Santos' contract is expiring in a week, you could wait if his expires then.

If not then I'd say no deal.

November.. of my second season! Just had a check.. his contract runs out 30.6.09.. thanks chap! I'll keep Payet then.

Now if only someone will buy bloody Juninho off me.. he's not happy with playing with the reserves and cup games! xD

Just had my first defeat of the season.. a 5-2 thrasing from Marseille. Nasri/Cisse have scored in every game i've played against them!

Should every one be fit, this would be my team:

I'm looking to offload a few players like Juninho, Ignashevic, Cris, Reveillere, Govou and maybe Riquelme as I either have replacements lined up, or they just aren't performing for me.

I've got a few good players in my reserves who are either out on loan, or just gaining experience such as Lulinha, Stancu, Saivet, Assulin, Thiago, Benzerga, Sakho, Abenzoar and a regen striker who my coaches say will be better than Benzema. (He's 15 and already has finishing of 15 and composure of 14!)

If anyone wants to see any screenshots of anything i'll post up if asked!

I've got a few players coming in January such as Barazite (Espanyol - 450k), Steven Defour (Palermo - £13.5m) and Miralem Pjanic (Betis - £375k). Hoping to add Pique (contract talks) and a striker (maybe Bentdner as 3rd choice)?

For Purefan

My Formation

My Team Instructions

GK Instructions

Full Back Instructions (same for DR & DL)

DC Instructions (same for both)

Defensive Minded MC

Attacking Minded MC

Winger Instructions (Both for AML & AMR, although they switch sides)

Striker #1 Instructions

Striker #2 Instructions

as you can see i'm not a fan of rotation as i like to think that a team they stays together wins together (e.g most of the squad have the likes of Benzema, Briand etc in their favoured personal) so i like to think they play better

anyway hope it helps purefan icon_smile.gif

thx mate much appreciated but it seems that i have to many midfielders and not enough defenders to fit your tactic but i'm going to keep your instructions for my strikers and central defenders that should do the job icon14.gif

do you use this tactic for every game? if so don't they overrun your midfield in big games f.e. real, barca, arsenal ...

i use the same formation each game no matter the opposition

teams never seem to overrun me as we have alot of possession, helps that i have Briand to demolish teams (scored 4 against Inter \o/)

Just entered January and have signed Breno & Briand for 10M \o/ now hoping Fred joins Ath Madrid for 25M

Archived