FM08 : Olympique Lyon : Les Gones

Purefun

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by glory utd:

This is what it says in the FAQ btw:

How to Post a Screen shot

1. While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).

2. Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image

3. Save the file as a JPEG

4. Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket or Imageshack

5. Post the direct Url to the image here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glory utd:

This is what it says in the FAQ btw:

How to Post a Screen shot

1. While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard). really easy

2. Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image www.paint.net

3. Save the file as a JPEG as it says

4. Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket or Imageshack www.photobucket.com is the easiest imo you'll have to log in but easy and fast

5. Post the direct Url to the image here.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> just look at direct url and paste it

as requested gloryutd here are my players that i currently use, the rest is out on loan and i'll post some screens when i decide to use them myself

costil already good and he is still improving

banega use him as a sub for at least another year unless some of my other dm's are bought

abenzoar my young dc first season that he plays for first team also as a sub

Originally posted by Sir frosinone:

has anybody ought Payet from St.Ettine he is imense for my milan team id say he would ter up the french league.

he looks good but my fans wouldn't allow a move from a player from our biggist rivals

End of January Tarnsfer Window Update

Transfers In

Armand Traore - £3m - A bargain at that price imo and will challenge Grosso for the LB position.

Transfers Out

Anderson - £3.5m

Belhadji - £3.5m

Both were unneeded after I signed Traore and Cris returned from injury. Anderson frees up a non eu spot aswell.

Squad

01012008135952bb3.th.jpg

League

01012008140026xq7.th.jpg

Abo****ely crusing the league and hopefully will go through the full season unbeaten.

Other Cups

CL - In the 2nd knockout where we will face Stuttgart.

French Cup - We are in the 11th Round.

Coupa de la ligue - We are in the Semi Finals where we will be against Marseille.

Will update later.

Originally posted by manu legend:

End of January Tarnsfer Window Update

Transfers In

Armand Traore - £3m - A bargain at that price imo and will challenge Grosso for the LB position.

Transfers Out

Anderson - £3.5m

Belhadji - £3.5m

Both were unneeded after I signed Traore and Cris returned from injury. Anderson frees up a non eu spot aswell.

Squad

01012008135952bb3.th.jpg

League

01012008140026xq7.th.jpg

Absolutely crusing the league and hopefully will go through the full season unbeaten.

Other Cups

CL - In the 2nd knockout where we will face Stuttgart.

French Cup - We are in the 11th Round.

Coupa de la ligue - We are in the Semi Finals where we will be against Marseille.

Will update later.

Don't know hat happened there icon_biggrin.gif

End of third season update currently end of may

League cup as you can see i shouldn't have won it but i'll take it anyway

Final League standings the league was this year a lot tougher due to the french teams having more money and playing a more important role in europe so they could attract better players

French cup thx to menez we won but a hard game imo

European Supercup wasn't that hard tbh should have won by more

Club World Championship the toughest i had to play, incredible those south-american teams icon14.gif

Champions Trophy always nice to start the season with a win

Champions League the crown on a good season

Will post some more pics of transfers and my teams when my transfers are finished.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by purefun:

more of a barca fan but if they would up my transfer budget to 150 mil euro i would take it

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

don't worry i said no, i could only negotiate my contract

Hi, I'm a fan of Arsenal and Lyon so I went to this thread.

Does anyone know of lots of young french talent under 18?

I'm starting an Arsenal game and would like to have some french influence. icon_wink.gif

I've got Sakho, Saivet, D. Le Tallec, Tambe, Benzerga, M. Saunier and Abenzoar.

Any others?

Started as Lyon today. After asking for more money from the board, they supplied me with £29m in transfer funds and I also had my wage budget upped to £1.15m p/w.

Transfers

Brought in a couple a youth players for the future. Sold Baros as I didn't find his stats to be terribly impressive. Samba and Delpierre were brought in to cover for Cris' return as I plan to sell Anderson and Muller. Signed Ducasse to provide cover at CM/DM and to replace Juninho in the future. Menez was signed because he's awesome and due to provide some versatility and some cover for the wingers. Lastly, I signed Farfan purely because I love the man! icon_biggrin.gif

Tried to sign Sylvain Armand from PSG to play at Left-back, but PSG are harsh as hell and are wanting cuddy loads for him.

This is how the league looks so far:

League

Draw came against Auxerre - despite dominating

Will post an update in January icon14.gif

Just coming to the end of the Jan transfer window.........The only signings I made were free's for next season...they were:-

Thiago Motta the DM from Atletico Madrid, he's gonna replace the on loan Flamini.

Juan Roman Riquelme, he will replace Kallstrom, who's not happy at not playing.....plus Sevilla and Everton are after him...

Erik Edman LB from Rennes, he'll replace Belhadj.

The other changes I'm looking at making are another GK to replace Vercoutre, who's contract is running out and he refused my offer

A centre Mid to replace Juninho, he's getting on a bit and he hasn't played well at all....very inconsistent

My save has gone a bit wonky icon_eek.gif

I recently saved on the game date of 2nd Feb 08.....I go back into my save today and I have zero players registered for the Ligue.....they are all ineligible.....???? How crazy is that??? I did notice an e-mail on or around the 1st Feb saying that registration had closed but I had replied to that one......

Anyway I'm gonna start again.....will post shortly after pre-season.

Originally posted by AddicksFan73:

My save has gone a bit wonky icon_eek.gif

I recently saved on the game date of 2nd Feb 08.....I go back into my save today and I have zero players registered for the Ligue.....they are all ineligible.....???? How crazy is that??? I did notice an e-mail on or around the 1st Feb saying that registration had closed but I had replied to that one......

Anyway I'm gonna start again.....will post shortly after pre-season.

That happened to me when I was playing as At.Madrid and it is a known bug. Didn't know it happened in the French league though, maybe you should post in the bugs forum?

Purefun:-

Walcott is awesome, very quick, he did very well for me in one of my earlier saves....He's not the best at crossing, he has oddles of pace....even though he plays on the wings set his instructions for cross ball and through balls to RARELY and forward runs and run with ball OFTEN, then watch him skin opponents for fun.....

Sakho I always sign as he turns out good

Just finished pre-season......here's my squad:-

GK - Coupet / Costil (£725K)

DL - Grosso / Belhadj

DR - Reveilliere / Clerc

DC - Cris / Anderson

DC - Squillaci / Samba (£1M)

DMC - Bodmer / Jean II Makoun (£8.5M)

MC - Kallstrom / Juninho

MC - Toulalan / Buonanotte (£50K)

MR - Keita / Gakpe (£5M)

ML - Ben Arfa / Menez (£9.5M)

ST - Fred / Benzema / Stancu (£1M)

Also got Saivet, Sakho, Teaudors, Acapandie, Saunier, Pjanic, Schwechlen.

SOLD - Govou, Paillot, Chiacchio, Migliore, Muller, Remy, Santos for a total of £9.5M

Well well well, I see purefun you have started a Lyon FM08 one! Nice one! I think its time I started my Lyon project again! Had such good fun with FM07 and Lyon. Been keeping on eye on this thread, I will start posting my updates and taking part more in this thread when I start my Lyon game later on this evening.

:>

Originally posted by HoPeY:

Well well well, I see purefun you have started a Lyon FM08 one! Nice one! I think its time I started my Lyon project again! Had such good fun with FM07 and Lyon. Been keeping on eye on this thread, I will start posting my updates and taking part more in this thread when I start my Lyon game later on this evening.

:>

hopey my friend finally, welcome end good luck icon_biggrin.gif

Aguero is a beast! Nice altho 32million! But never mind, How did you manage to sell santos, I had a brief go last night just to see how it was and I couldn't get rid of him for the world :/

And muller to napoli for 5million? He is useless and old lucky >.< Also 15million for kieta. GL though.

Originally posted by morton2003:

Started a game as Lyon , got rid alot players and brought in alot youth and younger players.

Main buy was Sergio Aguero 32million

SO far played 10 in league won 8 drew 2

players in and out

will post more after jan window ,

Playing 4 2 3 1

great buys but aren't you short on defenders seeing that you play with 4 at the back

could you give a screen of your team thx

I started a lyon a couple of days ago and am now at the start of my second season:

won all but the ligue de coupe

i sold kalstrom to madrid early for about 11mil,

toulan went to inter for about 10mil, Benhadj 2.5 mil, hartlock 250k, and shock horror Cris for 6.5

left me with plenty of cash and bought:

micah richards for 25mil, stupid price i know, jean II makoun for 10mil, olazabol from barca, gd youn keeper, cabrera from valladolid for 1.3mil and stole mascherano on load at january from liverpool

playing with a diamond 4-4-2:

GK Coupet/Vercoutre

DL Grosso

DR Clerc/Reveilliere

DC Squillaci

DC Richards

DM Jean II Makoun / Mascherano

MR Keita/Govou

ML Juninho

AMC Bodmer / Ben Afra

ST Fred / Baros

ST Benzema

Okay so I finally started my Lyon project here is a brief summary of my dealings in the transfer market

Players in:

Sergey Ignashevich – CSKA – Free (He is a free and he will be a good backup)

Bogdan Stancu – Uniera – 160K (One for the future)

Samba – Blackburn – 1M (Solid defender and he is very young at 23yrs of age)

Kameni – Espanyol – 8.25M (I needed a keeper who was solid and kameni is that, he is young too he will improve, although I paid quite abit I’m happy with that.)

Amauri – Palermo – 7.5 (Awesome in real life, and pretty good in FM08, 7.5 million isn’t bad he will add some firepower to my team, plus his wages are very cheap he only wanted 7thousands a week icon_biggrin.gif)

Menez – Monaco – 10M (One for now and the future, I need more depth in my midfield he was a good option, keeping it French too lol)

Missed out on Makoun II was really gutted he went to foirentia(sp) I might try and temp him from there at the start of next season. Or I might just buy bangera instead cheaper as well

Player outs:

Govou 3Million (He is poor, and that’s sixty thousand a week less on my wage budget)

Muller – On loan to Genoa (Old and poor)

1st Season so far:

Well I am only just about to play my first game of the season, I won the challenge cup against Sochaux 2-0 which was pleasing, but now the real work starts. I have also brought in some better first team coaches to help in the training etc.

good signings hopey shame about makoun though a real rock at dm, but banega is also good but less defensive imo

I personally having some trouble finding a good/great DLC, did all the obvious players, so now i'm going for palombo who currently plays for real madrid hoping to keep it under 20 mil euro

Originally posted by Footie Royalty:

govou for 3 million, seems like a bit of an undersell, probaly able to get double that if you stick with him until jan, also i actually just bouoght menez from monaco for 6.25mil and thats 2nd season, so i think you got robbed but still good transfers

I wanted to get rid of Govou piece of poo, and his wages were just clogging up my buget. Menez is more than worth every penny of 10million. In fact I would say thats quite cheap, as I have seen him brought by clubs for over 15 M +

update:

my transfers for start of second season:

in: requieme free, lulianha 2.8mil, jussi jaskilien (sp) free, javier mascherano free, marcelo 5.5mil, jeremy menez 6.25mil,ronald leerdam 16k, joao carlos 1.4 mil,matias cahais 2.4mil. Out: Anderson 2.7mil

3 games in, 4-0 angainst Troyes, Menez (my new star left winger) just broke his leg for 5 months and kieta groin strain 3 weeks, bodmer torn hamstrin 2 months! In one match!!!!!!!

Archived