FM08 : Olympique Lyon : Les Gones

Purefun

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by purefun:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glory utd:

Champions Trophy

1 down, oh so many more to go..... icon_cool.gif

benzema icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya icon_cool.gif Next two matches he's missed about ten chances i would expect him to score tbh, not even getting half of them on target. This still isnt my proper game tho just having a mess around really. Will probably be starting a career game around christmas time.

Lyon 1-0 up! icon_biggrin.gif

Played for 2 hours yesterday night and i only played like 6 or 7 days in the game, i love to search for young talent.

And i found a couple of them icon_biggrin.gif, all my scouts say they are good signings so i went for them (all regens offcourse) but they are asking a lot of money for them f.e. i found 2 great regens at socheaux a 17 y old they negotiated 3.4 mil euro + 10 % the same with the other player.

Now is this just me or is it expensive? Or does this mean that i have found a quality player(s)?

One more thing unitedsi i looked at desailly to and he looks great so i signed him to be my new assistent-manager. Thank you.

Purefun, glad I was of some use! His stats are awesome and he'll be my assistant in the summer. Those youngsters sound pretty expensive, I've just paid £1m for a 16yo from Bordeaux and with so few players being rcommended as good by my scouts I'd pay that for a youngster who they do recommend!

Just coming to end of second season, need 1 more point to secure the title after OM managed to hang in there until the last 4 games. Won the League Cup easily and I play at home with St Etienne in the Cup semi with relegation-threatened Bordeaux or Lens awaiting in the final.

In the CL I beat Inter 3-2 away and then drew 2-2 at home to progress to the semis where I somehow managed to lose to Ajax 2-0 away, 0-0 at home. Luque destroyed me icon_confused.gif in the first leg and in the second I had 17 of 28 attempts on target and still couldn't score.

Saivet, Alex both doing really well. After saying I had no probs with injuries in my last post I lost Juninho for a month, Grosso for 2 months then Gyan and Benega both tore calf muscles and will be out 4 months (over the summer so not too bad).

Signed Jourdren for next year to liven things up at GK and my scouts found a 19yo DC at Atletico Madrid they rated and I got him on a Bosman, can't remember his name.

unitedsi

we are here to help each other mate icon_biggrin.gif

luque isn't bad in the game tbh but i feel bad for you mate nothing so sweet as a final icon_frown.gif

alex is still going to loan out for the season to lokeren i think

saivet is going to be my regular sub this season or i loan him out for the season (currently third season) What do you guys think?

End of season 07/08 report:

-Won the league by a whopping 17 points. Crazy year for everyone but me, Sochaux came second and Nancy (!?!?!?) took third place to qualify for the CL. It was an easy year for Lyon, we only hit a run of bad form around February-March that lasted 3 weeks or so. I also gave Sakho, Wijnaldum , Saivet and Le Tallec some first team action when the title was clinched and they did superbly, especially Wijnaldum who seems will be ready for the rotation by 2009 after a year on loan.

January Tranfer Window: Real Madrid came in with 40m hard cash for Toulalan was wasn't doing so well, so I sold him. I used the money to bring in a couple of 7-star coaches and some players. I bought Makoun for 15m and Matias Fernandez for 18m. Toulalan for Makoun AND Fernandez is a good piece of business in my mind. Also bought Enyeama for 500k to be my furure No.1 and sent him on loan to my new feeder Rostock.

League Cup: We lost in the QF to Nancy on pens during that out-of-form period. The board wasn't happy. I couldn't care less.

French Cup: Reached the Final easily, but saved the worst performance of the season for teh Final against rivals Bordeaux. Lost 2-0 hands down, first time I ever saw a totally empty match confidence bar.

Champions League: Beat Anderlecht easily in game 5 of the Group Stage 2-0 to clinch a spot in the Final 16, and drew Liverpool 1-1 away to finish second in the group.

Drew Arsenal in the first knockout round, first game at home. We played great for 50 minutes, 3-0 up, but then they woke up and scored 2 to make them the favorites for the return leg. In the return leg, we played a professional game, we tackled hard and kept possesion Chelsea-style, scored twice early and Arsenal were nowhere to be found. Great 2-0 victory away and onto the Final 8.

Drew in-form real Madrid, first game away. In teh Bernabey, they ran us rugged for 70 minutes and were 3-0 up, until Benzema scored from a corner in teh 85th to give us hope for the return. 3-1 loss. One week later, and it was the best game of the season. We played like Aliens on Ritalin, 4-0 up by half time with 65% possesion. Then Gago was sent off and we went into cruise mode. This result was on the lips of the entire footballing world: Lyon 6 - Real Madrid 1!!!

Drew Man U in the semis, played relly well at home, had a lot of chances but ony managed a 1-0 victory. In the return, they killed us. Rooney and Tevez were running laps around my defense and we went down 4-0 hardly ever creating a chance ourselves.

In the end, at least Chelsea (with Daniel Alves and Obafemi Martins) beat The Reds 2-0 to win the CL for 07/08.

Now in Summer of '08, sold Kallstrom to Barca for 14m and have a 30m transfer budget left. The team is set, I don't really need a high-priced new addition, but we'll see if a bargain comes up. I'll try to undettle Jimmy Briand. I have Jeremie Brechet and Jeremy Mathieu coming in on Bosmans to provide some cover for my defense.

Originally posted by BryceCFC:

Update on my season icon_smile.gif Starting my 2nd season just now and here is my new team icon_smile.gif

http://img265.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fgfgfth1.jpg

great team mate but shouldn't you replace juninho

you sold a lot of players i see!! could you post a pic of your transfers in first and second season thx mate

dweaver

congrats on your league win, 17 points icon14.gif

and great money for toulalon, is that in euro or pound, anyway makoun icon14.gif and matias icon14.gif

losing against rivals mate they don't like it in lyon, imo the supporters lose confidence to fast

great run in champions league and that result against real my respect icon_cool.gif

Finished the 2008 offseason...

PLAYERS OUT:

Baros - Everton - 4.5m Euros

Reveillere - Palermo - 4.5m

Cassani - Juventus - 15m

Kallstrom - Barcelona - 14m

Belhadj - Aston Villa - 8m

Cris - Schalke - 3.5m

Anderson - HSV - 1.7m

Banega - Nancy - Loan

Stancu - Wolfsburg - Loan

Torje - Rostock - Loan

Barthez - Bordeaux - Free

Sakho - Slavia Prague - Loan

PLAYERS IN:

Lulinha - Corinthians - 1.1m Euros

Brechet - Sochaux - Free

Mathieu - Toulouse - Free

Abou Diaby - Arsenal - 12m

Distel Zola - Monaco(relegated!) - 210k

Leo Schwechlen - Monaco - 625k

Emmanuel Eboue - Arsenal - 15m

Ocoro - Free

Jimmy Briand - Rennais - 24m (12m and 12m over 18 months)

Barazite - Arsenal - Loan

Flamini - Arsenal - Loan

Bendtner - Arsenal - Loan

Hossam Ghaly - Tottenham - Loan

Lyon 2008/2009 depth chart:

GK: Coupet - Enyeama - Hartock

DR: Clerc - Eboue - Samba

DL: Grosso - Mathieu - Flamini

2xDC: Barzagli - Squillaci - Samba - Brechet

2xMC/DM: Makoun - Bodmer - Diaby - Flamini - Ghaly

AMR/FC: Keita - Govou - Briand

AML/FC: Menez - Ben Arfa - Benzema

AMC: Matias Fernandez - Juninho - Ben Arfa

FC: Fred - Briand - Benzema - Bendtner

Will create a 2xFC formation as well to accomodate all my forwards...

dweaver

Some good transfers there mate (in and out).

Seems to me that you like Arsenal a lot icon_wink.gif.

Still love Barzagli and still jalous as hell mate. And love it that you signed Briand. Hope he turns out great for you.

Is your currency in euro or pound?? thx

dweaver

Some good transfers there mate (in and out).

Seems to me that you like Arsenal a lot icon_wink.gif.

Still love Barzagli and still jalous as hell mate. And love it that you signed Briand. Hope he turns out great for you.

Is your currency in euro or pound?? thx

I'm using Euros, as it should be...

Since my last post, Milan bid 30m for Squillaci so I decided to buy Barzagli's long lost South American twin...

apata.JPG

The bad news is that the chairman decided to sel l Fred to Inter for 22m in installments, Briand and Benzema are both injured and out for 2 months and I only have loanee Bendtner up front now...

Good start in the league, after 9 games I had 7W - 2D - OL and I'm already 6 points clear. I lost the Champions Trophy again to Bordeaux, but at least i destroyed them 4-1 in the league match.

Drew Werder Bremen, Sporting CP and Partizan Belgrade in the CL, already beat Werder easily 2-0 at home...

I can get Briand and Mensah for around £7m each. Im in the joker transfer window and am not sure what i will do as I dont really need either of them.

I am 6-3-0 in the league so far, mainly because ive been messing with tactics, but have three wins in a row now.

Anybody watch the match lst night? Benzema was fb icon_cool.gif

Needed or not needed buy them both glory utd.

You can't go wrong with those two icon14.gif.

And yeah i watched it hell of a game, i tought it was good match and yes benzema was great, he's going to become one of the great french strikers. Mark my words. icon_rolleyes.gif

Needed or not needed buy them both glory utd.

Well since its the joker window i can only sign one anyway, and im not fond of transfers during the season. Still the transfer window only closed about a month ago so i might go for it ....

And yeah i watched it hell of a game, i tought it was good match and yes benzema was great, he's going to become one of the great french strikers. Mark my words. icon_rolleyes.gif

Whats with the rolling of the eyes?

dweaver, that's some season icon14.gif, beating Real 6-1 - awesome! Great transfer business as well.

I went in to the summer 2009 hoping for a quiet one, butr that frankly did not happen! I'd already bought in Jourdren and spanish kid whose name I can never remember at CB and just needed cover down the left (DL and AML). Sacked Rousset and promoted Desailly to AM and got in 2 new GK coaches. Also my youth players got much better reports with Desailly so was well pleased. Then for various reasons I lost Cris and Gyan (both Zarogoza), Luci and Montolivo (both Milan), Keita (Fiorentina) and Alex (Real Madrid). All of which left me a little short on players but (a little bit) rich. I've also turned down about 30 approaches for Saivet and sent 3 good young defenders and a DM out on loan.

2 days from the new season (won the Supercup) and I've not replaced Gyan (already had Saivet), Keita (Torje and Gouffran) or Luci (Zola). Gallas (icon14.gif) has come in as my experienced CB and Diaby turned me down (went to Sevilla) to replace Montolivo as CM. Now I'm looking at De Guzman instead and will hopefully get him in the next few days. Got the Mexican lad who can cover at DL and AML (not Guardado, the other one - my memory is shocking and I've turned my laptop off!). It's been a fun summer and now I have PSG away to start the season...

Originally posted by glory utd:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Needed or not needed buy them both glory utd.

Well since its the joker window i can only sign one anyway, and im not fond of transfers during the season. Still the transfer window only closed about a month ago so i might go for it ....

Whats with the rolling of the eyes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

making fun with myself mate, mark my wordt who says that nowadays

sorry about my english its not my native language

unitedsi

I see you had a busy transferseason!! I'm betting you got the most for keita or maybe montolivio.

Nothing sweeter than to start with a win against on of your rivals. Good for morale.

Have a look at biglia from anderlecht for cm maybe.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glory utd:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Needed or not needed buy them both glory utd.

Whats with the rolling of the eyes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

making fun with myself mate, mark my wordt who says that nowadays

sorry about my english its not my native language </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah ya no problems just seemed like you were mocking benzema icon_biggrin.gif Where are you from anyway? Im guessing Belgium, France?

Guess that would explain the support of Anderlecht then icon_biggrin.gif If you want to know where im from just have a look at my location too. icon_wink.gif

Benzema has decided to stop scoring unfortunatey icon_frown.gif But Fred is back from injury and Keita has been chipping in and also Juninho has slotted away a few pens recently. So not too bad.

glory

mate i figured that one out myself icon_biggrin.gif

wisla

still a good price for baros and congrats on winning the cup

Quick update currently 2 august 2009 (still going slow)

Champions Trophy : good win against Toulouse : 3-0 (fred 2, vdv 1) could have been more though but still icon14.gif

didn't buy anyone yet still trying to get some good to great regens (found one at some easterneuropean country but they want like between 8-12 mil euro for a player of 17 years old, they are nuts i tell ya)

Congratulations on league cup and future ligue 1 win icon14.gif

Just beat Rennes 3-0! Man im destroying everyone. So far in the league played 13, won 9, drawn 4, only conceding 4 goals! Im 2 for 2 in the champions league too with wins over shaktar and olympiakos. My wins in the league have included teams like: Rennes, Saint Ettien, Marseille, Lille, Monaco icon_biggrin.gif

WHO'S NEXT?

Congratulations on league cup and future ligue 1 win icon14.gif

Just beat Rennes 3-0! Man im destroying everyone. So far in the league played 13, won 9, drawn 4, only conceding 4 goals! Im 2 for 2 in the champions league too with wins over shaktar and olympiakos. My wins in the league have included teams like: Rennes, Saint Ettien, Marseille, Lille, Monaco icon_biggrin.gif

WHO'S NEXT?

very nice mate

but hmmhmm i'm currently on a 55 games unbeaten run (not to bad) icon_biggrin.gif

on last years version i had a run of 117 games unbeaten, only to lose two in a row icon_frown.gif

purefun Cheers, I'll have a look at him. I also tried for Taiwo from Marseille for LB but they wouldn't let him go. I got £40m for Montolivo, mostly spread over 2 years. Keita went fairly cheaply as he got unsettled. The Mexican lad I mentioned was Esparza.

I beat PSG 4-0 away on the opening day, Benzema hat trick. It's going to be a good season.

Just finished 1st season with lyon and won the League League Cup and French Cup got knocked out in first kock out stage in Champions League tho. I bought Barzagli and Menez along with a few promising french youngsters for under 20 like Saivet and Delle i play 4-3-3 attacking. Lookin to buy a new striker for 2nd season and maby a new keeper and midfielder to replace Juniniho as his fitness goes down to quicky in matches.

Cheers have already bid for Briand for 12m and got it accepted and my scouts said Costil has the potential to be better than Coupet so think a might go for him i play 4-3-3 with Menez and Ben Arfa on the wings in amr and aml thinkin of changeing and takin a midfielder from centre and playin 2 up front with the wingers am goin to try it out in freindlies cheers for the tips on players though

Originally posted by ELITE:

Cheers have already bid for Briand for 12m and got it accepted and my scouts said Costil has the potential to be better than Coupet so think a might go for him i play 4-3-3 with Menez and Ben Arfa on the wings in amr and aml thinkin of changeing and takin a midfielder from centre and playin 2 up front with the wingers am goin to try it out in freindlies cheers for the tips on players though

menez is a natural aml

ben arfa is a natural amc who can play great on aml too

so who are you going to play on the right, Keita i hope

Well Menez has been awseome on in the amr for me i bought him in january and he has scored 12 goals with plenty of assists i am gona rotate him with Keita a think Ben Arfa has been awesome on the aml aswel scoring a few and always gets a good rating

Finished my first season, and I've completed a domestic treble! icon14.gif.

Unbeaten in the league all season, easily won it with 4 games to spare. Ben Arfa the star it seems, he won every award he was nominated for (about 6), with Kameni winning both goalkeeper awards.

In the League Cup, we drew 3-3 with Le Mans in the final, but since we'd had lots of penalty practice all season (12 penalties won and scored in the league!!), we beat them 4-2 to win the cup.

And just now, in the 93rd minute against Toulouse, Juninho latched onto a missed interception by a defender to put us 2-1 up in the dying seconds, and to win the cup.

In the Champions League we finished 2nd in the Group (just), and went to face Arsenal in the 1st Knockout Round, but we lost 5-3 on aggregate.

All in all, we've looked great all season, though we drew quite a lot in the league (and rode our luck at times in the cup). Benzema finished top scorer with 29 goals, Ben Arfa ending with 24 assists. Also, Jeremy Toulalan picked up a massive 18 yellow cards this season! A similar number around the midfield, at some points I was having at least one player banned per match.

But now onto next season, not many transfers planned so could be a quiet summer.

He is a class act but i would sell most players for 24m tbh, do you still have govou? If so then definetely sell icon14.gif

Yup, still have Govou.

Unitedsi I had a similar problem originally, I tried to sell him in January but the best I got was £12m, however Valencia offered £19m for him in May, and I negotiated it to get them to pay up an extra £5m which they did icon14.gif.

Ive not posted an image like this before so apologies if it comes out huge :p

It was the first cup match, league cup 4th round against Lens away. I decided to put out some of my youth from my reserve squad mixed with a few backup players and a couple of experienced players. Think i got the mix just right icon_biggrin.gif

CUPMATCH.jpg

Archived