Purefun

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

Hello again icon_biggrin.gif

This Is My Current Squad

06252008160355ha8.th.jpg

just under 40M and i feel i need some improvement.. any ideas?

Arshavin is my playmaker in my tactic

Barnetboyz

Is Fazio really good enough to be first choice CB in the first season? He may be good but in Europe he'll get torn to shreds.

Never used Rippert so couldn't coment on that.

If you insist on using Arshavin (who's not that good!!) then I'd swap him with Bodmer, I feel both play better like that, So Bodmer as MCa, and Arshavin as AMC.

Why is Ben Arfa not in the side lol? seriously Ben Arfa > Arshavin any day, he's a better all round player, younger and French.

I think alot of people on these forums are getting caught up in the hype around Arshavin, the fact is he's been around ages now, no major improvents from him in the last couple of months, tbh, Zenit and Russia play to suit him aswell, I'm not so sure how he'd fit into a side that doesn't revolve around him.

Originally posted by liam_everton89:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

Hello again icon_biggrin.gif

This Is My Current Squad

06252008160355ha8.th.jpg

just under 40M and i feel i need some improvement.. any ideas?

Arshavin is my playmaker in my tactic

Barnetboyz

Is Fazio really good enough to be first choice CB in the first season? He may be good but in Europe he'll get torn to shreds.

Never used Rippert so couldn't coment on that.

If you insist on using Arshavin (who's not that good!!) then I'd swap him with Bodmer, I feel both play better like that, So Bodmer as MCa, and Arshavin as AMC.

Why is Ben Arfa not in the side lol? seriously Ben Arfa > Arshavin any day, he's a better all round player, younger and French.

I think alot of people on these forums are getting caught up in the hype around Arshavin, the fact is he's been around ages now, no major improvents from him in the last couple of months, tbh, Zenit and Russia play to suit him aswell, I'm not so sure how he'd fit into a side that doesn't revolve around him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fazio is brillaint from the off and is quick enough to be a first team player, Arshavin is a good playmaker type player who i had never had before and after his great euros i decided to risk 7M on him.. Ben Arfa looks an avaerage player in my squad, will probably sell as he has never been good for me, tried Arshavin as a AMC and he didn't impose himself as much as i reckon he could, then tried him as a MC and he played brilliantly getting an 8.. signed another DC (Massamba from Monaco)

Originally posted by Leandro Davide:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

looking to play a strange 4-1-3-1-1 tactic which will fail horribly

As if icon_rolleyes.gif

Youre tactics never fail and you know it icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

this tactic has my worries, its the first time on FM08 that i'm using a playmaker which i'm not fond of, but because of Arshavin i decided to give him the role

Liam I understand your pain with the rules you are/were playing by.

It only becomes a problem when a long term injury occurs of course though. Which has just happeneded to me, with Samba out for 2months now I'll have to play Bodmer at CB for a lil' while :/

I'll post up the rules I'm playing by and my transfers in/out and progress shortly. Just started it, currently in september icon14.gif

Haha Hopey, look forward to seeing your rules,

Come back and complain when you've got Clerc at RM Two U-18's as the LB and RB and Samba as DM.

Injuries are the killer, I had some really long term ones aswell in the first two seasons. Ben Arfa 8 months twice, Kallstrom, Bodmer, Samba 4 months, ffs I remember playing Boumsong and Cleber Anderson!!!!

Guys I have started up a couple of other games on FM recently and will therfore not be on my Lyon game quite as much as I have been over the past few weeks.

But dont worry, my game is not going to be deleted and will still be carrying on with it, just not quite as much!

just got a week left in the transfer window and Milan have come in with a £32.5M bid for Toulalan and i think i'm gonna accept

meaning Bodmer will fill in the central MC spot and i might splash out on a top class striker to partner Benzema (as the tactic is now a 2 man upfront tactic with Arshavin still making those runs to AMC)

Haha Hopey, look forward to seeing your rules,

Come back and complain when you've got Clerc at RM Two U-18's as the LB and RB and Samba as DM.

Injuries are the killer, I had some really long term ones aswell in the first two seasons. Ben Arfa 8 months twice, Kallstrom, Bodmer, Samba 4 months, ffs I remember playing Boumsong and Cleber Anderson!!!!

Lol, haha you have my sympathies! I feel your pain mate.

----

Rules I have set myself are as follows:

- I can only sign a player who has French nationality (This also applies for those with it as a second nationality.)

- I must slowly get rid of all the non French nationals that are in the first team squad, set myself a time limit of within two years (Nothing too drastic, of course is any foreign national gains French citizenship then he may be kept as he will have French nationality.)

- I will invest heavily in youth development and improving the youth facilities aswell as the first team facilities.

- Because the first season will be the trickiest I have allowed special case where I was allowed to sign one and only one foreign national of my choosing, however that player had to be under 21 years of age.

- Any loan signing must also adhere to the French nationality rule.

Those are my rules, nothing too drastic but it will force me to build an all French team that should hopefully conquer the league from the off and then make inroads in Europe and conquer Europe at some point.

Transfers in –

• Samba £1.2Million

• Mathieu £2.2Million

• Adrien £1.4Million

• Lloris £13Million

• Cavani (He is the one player that I signed who isn’t French, he will be the only ever non French person I sign.) £8Million

Usual promising youngsters too:

• Sakho

• Sankhere

• Acapendiere

Transfers out –

* Govou – £5 Million

Good set of rules hopey, I've noticed it's becoming more "popular" with players on the forum to play games with rules in them now actually.

Good signings there aswell, does Adrien have French second nat.? I never knew that if he does, else I'd of brough him on my game!

Can't seem to get back into my game after being away from it for a little while, played like 2 games in the last week.

Can't really be arsed to start up a new game with anybody else either though.

May do a game starting in French National League with somebody, although I've never even done English lower leagues, so doubt I'll be any good at French.

Lol I could do yeah, Don't know where I'd go though to do it, never managed in Italy so could try do it there, suppose my "Dream Team" would be..

GK - Lloris

LB - Clichy

RB - Ramos

CB's - Actually can't think who I'd have here lol.

DM - Veloso

RM - Ronaldo

MCa - Bodmer

MC - Fabregas

AML - Messi

ST - Adebayor

Pretty decent side lol, should only cost around £1m*

* Figure may be slightly under estimated

In all seriousness though, I might go try Italy, just started one as Paris FC, we have a limit of 3 coaches, 1 scout, 1 physio, training is crap same with youth, about 95% of the squad are on part time contracts, theres no money to make them full time, and thw clubs not even a fully proffesional outfit, lower league managing just isn't for me icon_frown.gif

Yes Adrien second nat is French! Otherwise I would be breaking my own rules wouldn't I Liam! I couldn't believe it when I looked at him, I was like "Huh? Since when" was so happy that he does have French as his second nat icon_biggrin.gif

I did a Milan save for two seasons after my Le Harve game was really good just to let lose and spend stupid amount. Now im back with Lyon recharged so try it.

If your after a crap small team have a look at A.S. Cisco Calcio Roma (Cisco Roma for short) they have quite good training facilites etc and they produced the likes of totti, toni and many more. They also have Paulo Di Canio at there club! Legend ;D

There probably be my next team once this Lyon save has run its very long course.

Just loaded up AC Milan, not the huge transfer budget I was expecting, i've got £12m and can't get any more, I could adjust budgets but I'm not keen on doing that, god knows how the AI manages to spend like £80m+ every season on my saves. There squad is pretty old too so should be intresting. I may just download FMM and cheat loads to give me some short term fun.

Hardly the right place to put this but how do I get rid of this stupid yellow card thingy? I've had it for about 4 bloody months now?

Just loaded up AC Milan, not the huge transfer budget I was expecting, i've got £12m and can't get any more, I could adjust budgets but I'm not keen on doing that, god knows how the AI manages to spend like £80m+ every season on my saves. There squad is pretty old too so should be intresting. I may just download FMM and cheat loads to give me some short term fun.

Hardly the right place to put this but how do I get rid of this stupid yellow card thingy? I've had it for about 4 bloody months now?

You get 100Million in the second season, for some reason you get fook all in the first season. It's the second season where you spend alot of di niro's icon_wink.gif

Meh best dissapear, makes me look like some kind of yob, bloody mod abuse and general abuse, sounds abit OTT,

You are aren't you? icon_wink.gif Haha jokes icon_biggrin.gif

Going to just get FMM and give myself a few hundred million, will probably be fun for half a season or so.

Fair enough, can't blame you for that, enjoy man .

Any Improvements needed to my squad (Approaching the end of season 2)

GK: Lloris

GK: Enyeama

GK: Costil

RB: Clerc

RB: Abenzoar

LB: Traoré

LB: Mathieu

CB: Samba

CB: Squillaci

CB: Sakho

CB: Bellaid

MR: Keita

MR: Gourcuff

ML: Ben Arfa

ML: Menez

MC: Bodmer

MC: Toulalan

MC: Flamini

MC: Sankharé

ST: Benzema

ST: Fred

ST: Gignac

ST: Briand

I'll also have Saivet,Acapandie,Pjanic,Le Tallec and Duplus returning from loans. Saunier and Hartock are also in the youth team.

Originally posted by tomtuck01:

Ville Valo

A better CB than Sakho for now. In my experience he isn't quite that good to be used on a regualr basis until the middle of season 3.

Sakho's been excellent for me this season and has dramatically improved, he's been tutored by my other defenders and has now played 20 games this season. I'd rather keep him on as signing another CB will only limit his development.

Originally posted by tomtuck01:

Apart from that, nothing to say, you have assembled an excellent squad.

lol, great team mate.

Grr, time has been short the last week or two. Have signed up for an FMO in Germany on Mondays and Wednesdays which takes up a lot of my FM time. Will still be playing this but most likely at a very slow pace. I'll update you when the time is right, might be weeks.

Ben Arfa gone to Marseille icon_frown.gif

End of Summer Transfer Window - 1st Season

Squad

06262008190548gy2.th.jpg

Transfers In / Out

06262008190656xp2.th.jpg

Milan didn't have the £45M to complete the Toulalan deal icon_frown.gif

Champions League Group

Man Utd

Lyon

Besiktas

Red Star

Hoping for a good season and Toulalan to go asap \o/

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

End of Summer Transfer Window - 1st Season

Squad

06262008190548gy2.th.jpg

Transfers In / Out

06262008190656xp2.th.jpg

Milan didn't have the £45M to complete the Toulalan deal icon_frown.gif

Champions League Group

Man Utd

Lyon

Besiktas

Red Star

Hoping for a good season and Toulalan to go asap \o/

What's going on with your sales BB? Squillaci, Kallstrom and Grosso should be key players in your first season.

And why are you trying to sell Toulalan? icon_confused.gif

Brought some good players in though icon14.gif

IIRC the chairman accepted bids for all the players on his game, and he wasn't keen on Toulalan as he couldn't get him to perform well.

icon_cool.gif My yob card has now gone, and it's friday morning, finished my weeks work at 6 this morning so a few hours of FM, GTA and MGS with a crate of Fosters is in order, enjoy your days at work lads icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by asromatom:

Interesting signings, how do you plan on playing Nihat as I've had little experience with him on this version.

i intend to partner him upfront with Benzema, as none of my strikers have secured their first team place yet (inconsistant)

IIRC the chairman accepted bids for all the players on his game, and he wasn't keen on Toulalan as he couldn't get him to perform well.

icon_cool.gif My yob card has now gone, and it's friday morning, finished my weeks work at 6 this morning so a few hours of FM, GTA and MGS with a crate of Fosters is in order, enjoy your days at work lads icon_biggrin.gif

MGS4 is amazing huh? Work? Pft only work on weekend at the moment still, as I've finnished Uni for good now I await my results. Be getting a f/t job very soon tho ;< but still no more coursework/dissertation or exams so thats one positive.

Fosters? Meh could have chosen a better drink!

Originally posted by purefun:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HoPeY:

Welcome back old' man ;D

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've heard the Ben Arfa transfer might be cancelled as Lyon want it done quicker so he will be registered or something? What's that all about then?

--------------------------

Might resign from Lyon and see what happens to spice things up a bit, keeping a save the day before I resign ofc. Kind of bored with FM apart from my FMO again.

Heh, first thing Lyon do without me is sell Lloris to Milan and Farfan to Bayern. The clubs two best players. Got €60m for them though. Then they made some hidius buys. I holidayed until the end of the season and then got the Palermo job, with low enough expectations but a good squad and budget. Good few Lyon players were available. I signed Le Tallec for €3.6m. Completely re did the strikeforce by signing Adriano, Lupoli and Foti. This is the 4th season, and the fees being thrown around is ridiculous. €58m for Rossi, €56m for Carlos Eduardo etc etc.

Guess that's it from me until I return to Lyon.

Originally posted by Ville Valo:

is there any potentially world class young french rightbacks around to replace him?

Duplus has returned from him loan spell at Club Brugge looking fantastic, almost as good as Abenzoar icon_smile.gif I may buy Bocaly for £4mill and rotate them as my back-up RB.

Spurs offered me £4mill + Dervite and Gourfran for Aquino, I rejected, as Aquino looks ace, but I might but Dervite and Gourfran for a total of £9 mill.

Archived