FM08 : Olympique Lyon : Les Gones

Purefun

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tomtuck~

I played using the 2 teams all of last season, not one person got unhappy, they can't really they're still playing nearly 30 games each a season, it keeps them fit too, and yeah Benzema made team one! Fred and him can have proper goal scoring competitions though, Fred is winning this sea\son so far, Actually team 2 is out performing team one completely, Obertan is phenomenal so fa this season.

Will be switching between this game and the one that hulk has created from now on, that one looks a real challenge for getting into!

Originally posted by jssy!:

how much will i start with at lyon if i say are win the title?

also are there any rules in france like only 1 non eu player signed a year etc?

cheers

You don't pick your exp0ectations, you're expected to win the league.

You get given around £7m but after asking for more it's £30m.(If you've set your rep high enough)

Only rules are no more than 4 non EU players in the squad when you register it, however African players don't count towards the four.

You get 3 transfer windows, the normal ones in the summer and January, and one that runs inbetween September and end of December called the Joker Transfer window, you can sign one player from any French side in this time.

Think that just about covers it, good luck icon14.gif

Gonna post two screenshots. One is my transfers in so far this season (early June), the other is PSG's transfers so fsr this season. Their buys are very good unfortunately, and they have built a very good team. It's going to be tight for the league so let's see what happens!

transferslyonsummer09.jpg

transferspsgsummer09.jpg

Since I have come back to my Lyon game again I have found myself loving this game even more than in the first season. Ive started my 11th season now, and Im at the date of my first Champions League Group game.

------------------------------------------------------

Here's is more fun reading for you!!

The summer transfer window has been unusually busy for me, but despite this I have only spent £12.75million, yet brought in what will end up being upwards of £90million to the club. After last seasons disappointment in every competition but the league the squad needed changing. A few players have left, and youngsters have been blooded into the first team. Fortunately I managed to keep hold of Souleymane Toure aswell. He withdrew his transfer request and has signed a new long term contract with the club. This season promises to be interesting!

Players Out;

Carlos Muñoz - £60million(£8m upfront, £22m after 1 international app, £20m after 30 league apps, £10m after 30 league goals, plus 50% sell-on fee - Real Madrid

Fabien Pons - £20million(£500k upfront, £12m after 1 international app, £7.5m after 20 league apps, plus 50% sell-on fee - Barcelona

Thiago Heleno - £4.5million - Lazio

Amaral - £4.2million - Getafe

Frederic Nimani - £4million - Getafe

Adrien - £4million - Portsmouth

Vyacheslav Seregin - £1.5million(50% sell-on fee, plus £3million buy back price) - Nantes

Manoel Nogueira - Loan - Levante

Loic Gazeau - Loan - Bochum

The offer for Carlos Muñoz was too good to turn down. I would have liked to have kept him, but the offer was huge. The same goes for Fabien Pons. He only ever made a couple of sub appearances for the first team, so this was a good offer.

Thiago Heleno, Amaral, Frederic Nimani and Adrien were all 28 or older. These players had all been great servants for me, but it was time to revamp the squad. I now have just 6 players in my whole squad who are 28 or older, 2 of such players are goalkeepers.

Vyacheslav Seregin was a solid youngster, but never quite developed as much as Id hoped. Now he will get the first team football he needs, and if he developes I can always buy him back!

Manoel Nogueira is continuing to develope at Levante and will gain Spanish citizenship after this season.

Loic Gazeau is hopefully going to be getting some first team football in the coming season.

17 other youth/reserve team players released or sold, raising me £1.5million.

Players In;

Younousse Sankhare - £8.5million - PSG

Juan Carlos Colman - £2.5million - River Plate

Mustapha De Jesus - £500k - Bordeaux

Anthony Escude - £475k - Bordeaux

Bruno Semedo - £350k - Porto

Marciano - £150k - Vasco da Gama

Fabricio - £100k - Internacional

Robert Olsson - £100k - Stabaek

Sebatian Pintos - £100k - Danubio

Godwin Okorie - £20k - Enugu Rangers

David Kamper - £20k - Brondby

Iker Villalba - Free - Granada Atletico

Parlak Mustapha - Free - Galatasary

Ramon Sanz - Free - Noja

Thanks to PSG falling into financial difficulty Sankhare became available for a cut price deal. Previously I had failed in bids of around £18million for him, so I was delighted to get him for this fee.

Juan Carlos Colman was spotted by my scouts at under 20 World Cup. He will definitely be involved in the first team this season.

All the other signings are in my under 18's to develope and may play the odd cup game, or have been loaned out.

First Team Squad

Goalkeepers;

1.Remy Riou

12.Jonas Mjos

33.Vincent Briant

Defenders;

2.Alexandre Le Rouzic

3.Cedric Evina

5.Arthur Baranov

13.Rafael Forster

19.Juan Carlos Colman

22.Gabriel Popescu

26.Mamadou Vespuce

29.Patrick Jalliti

Midfielders;

4.Younousse Sankhare

6.Guy Charpentier

7.Seydou Koffi

20.Loic Damour

24.Souleymane Toure

31.Francisco Ortega

Attacking Midfielders/Forwards;

10.Karim Benzema

15.Nicklas Barkroth

18.Hatem Ben Arfa

27.Antoine Moulin

28.Ignacio Guerra

Strikers;

8.Jordan Ayew

9.Fred

11.Oliveira

Youth Team Players;

Robert Olsson - GK

Dominique Trivino - GK

Matteo Zotti - RB

Ludovic Denis - RB

Yann Herve - LB

Gregory Le Bris - AMC

Pascal Sylvestre - AMRC/FC

Jeremy Lopez - ST

Yves Diawara - ST

Some of these youth players may play in the odd cup game, as may the other youth players I have already posted screenshots of in my transfer section. But besides that they will just be busy ripping up the under 18's league!

The Season So Far

As with every season, we began the campaign by winning the Champions Trophy, in which we faced PSG yet again. We didn't play well, but after falling behind we came back to win 2-1 thanks to goals from Jordan Ayew and Karim Benzema. Remy Riou was named man of the match.

Champions Trophy

In Ligue 1 we have played 8 games and are currently joint top with Marseille after six wins and eight draws. The goals have flowed for us so far, smashing in 28 goals already. But on the defensive side we have been disappointing, conceding six already. And despite nearing 34, Fred shows no signs of letting up. He has played 7 of our league games so far and has smashed in 14 goals, including this sensational performance.

Valenciennes (A) 4-1 (Koffi; Fred; Ben Arfa; Moulin)

PSG (H) 3-1 (Fred 2; Moulin)

Toulouse (A) 1-1 (Benzema)

Le Mans (H) 5-1 (Ben Arfa; Fred 3; Ayew)

Boulogne (A) 3-0 (Ayew; Oliveira; OG)

Nancy (H) 6-1 (Fred 5; Benzema)

Marseille (A) 1-1 (Fred)

Troyes (H) 3-0 (Ayew; Fred; Benzema)

Lorient (A) 2-0 (Benzema; Fred)

As you can see, truly masterful form from my captain.

League Table So Far

In the Champions League we have been drawn with a pretty easy group. I once again might not even need my best XI to get through to the next round.

Lyon

Sporting Lisbon

Lazio

Legia Warsaw

Like I said, qualification for the 1st knockout round shouldn't be difficult at all.

Italy - I will update this once I have finished the qualifying campaign for the World Cup.

------------------------------------------------------

Any comments or suggestions are as always welcome, and I'll be happy to upload any screenshots you want.

Sorry for giving you such a long read, and giving you so many screenshots to view again!!

tomtuck

Lots of transfer activity there, be intresting to see hw you do this season.

Great price for Sankhare he is fb icon_cool.gif

Had a look through a few of your regens, look very good, I love when the U-20 World Cup get's played, or the U-21 Euro's, lots of regens flaunting there stuff.

Colman looks a great aquisition, good price for £2.5m aswell.

A good start to the season! Fred is great tbf lol, gets better with age! Any signs of him losing stats yet?

Can't say too much about your CL group becasue for all I know Legia Warsaw could be the best team on the planet by now but I think you shouldn't have too much difficulty.

Liam

I managed to get Colman so cheap as that was his buy out a clause. Silly Argentinians!!

Ive also bought another Argentinian who was involved in the Under 20 World Cup, but he is 16 and cant join until January 2019. He has set me back £3.5million, but is a young striker and looks like a brilliant prospect.

As for Fred, his pace, stamina, and accelaration have all decreased, but his finishing is still quality, as is his heading and first touch.

Good to here about Fred, what he lacks in pace he makes up for in skill!

Yeah i signed an Argentinian who is too young to sign, just hope they get well trained whilst still at there club!

Starting hulks game now as soon as the D/L finishes so will most likely be hooked on that for some time.

Sorry for posting now but,

I said that Real came in at the start of the season for Toulalan and offered me £30m, which I turned down. They have come back in 30th December with an enquiry. I told them I wanted £40m, which they have offered. I have accepted, as it is just too big an offer to turn down.

Have bid for Bodmer, who is at Fiorentina, and had a £25m bid accepted, and am in negiotiations with Everton for Van der Vaart. They want £27m at the moment, but think I can get him for £22-24m.

Just bought Arshavin for about £5mil, as I play 3 AMC's, first team is VDV, Juninho, Ben Arfa, Backup is Govou (winger but sems to play well there), Kallstom and have Keita but he plays crap there so am going to sell.

Arshavin was 2nd choice behind Modric but he went to Barca, anyone had any experience with Arshavin, stats look fairly good and will give a bit of skill & creativity to the side.

Just a Mini update on the Kallstrom situation,

He left for Roma for £12.5mill over 24months which I feel in a poor deal seeing as I could have squeezed much more out of any team if it were in my hands, but that's part of the challenge I suppose.

I've had to sign Montolivo from Fiorentina, for £8mill only really as he was available and I've never tried him before but also Bodmer has been struggling with a few injuries and need a solid backup but he will also probably replace Juninho in the future.

Just gotten into my second season

First season i completed the French treble and got into the Champs League semi final

I have started the second season and im doing quite poorly, possibly because of half my team being away at the Olympics.

However, i would still like to make a few purchases to add depth to the squad and have £20m to spend

My Team

view.php?pic=2wnv33d&s=3

Time for a january update... icon_smile.gif

Ligue 1

The league, seems just as easy as last season; I'm currently 17 points clear of 2nd place PSG, who, without Pauleta, don't seem likely to challenge me. We also beat them 4-1, which show's the difference in quality between our sides icon_smile.gif

Awards:

French Player Of The Year: Hatem Ben Arfa

Manager of the year: Moi icon_smile.gif

Revelation of the year: André Gignac (Hugo Lloris, and Jeremy Menez coming 2nd and 3rd respectivley)

Benzema is our top league goalscorer with 11 goals to his name. The league's top scorer is last season's top scorer Djbril Cissé with 16.

Ben Arfa is the leagues top assister with 8

Chris Samba has the highest rating of 7.60

Coupe de France

We've only played 1 game, a 5-4 win at Rennes, with Gignac scoring at the death to win it; we were 3-1 down at half time, Captain Squillaci was impressed with my team talk.

Coupe de la Ligue

No games played yet.

Champions League

An easyish group, though the 2nd string lost to Juve icon_frown.gif

Rangers 1-0

Juventus 1-2

Braga 4-0

Braga 2-1

Rangers 2-1

Juventus 3-1

We play Valenica in the knockout stages, we play a spanish team in this round for the 2nd year running.

Top Scorers

Karim Benzema - 21 Goals in 18(6) Appearences

André Gignac - 9 Goals in 11(4) Appearences

Samba, Briand & Fred are all on 6 goals

What next?

Ederson left for Lazio in a £14.25 mill deal, taking my total transfer income for this year to £92 mill. He will be replaced by Makoun, Emana (Who came 3rd in the world footballer of the year) or perhaps Samir Nasri.

Dor Malul and Yuval Fogelman are both arriving next year on Bosmans, as is a quality african regen from Monaco. Rafale Forster may also be joining the squad this window.

Originally posted by HoPeY:

Pure; Enjoy your holiday, but where was my invite? Lol icon_biggrin.gif

Next time mate.

----

Descamps is better period!!!!

----

Tomtuck

Great season, 100 goals is just great.

Its still impressive how Fred is still scoring so many goals.

Sankhare icon_cool.gif

JD1984

Welcome and good luck mate.

Liam

This is so cool an entire team of regens and this only in the fifth season.

Craig1890\

Also welcome and good luck.

---------------

For the rest i don't have time to comment or my wife will shoot me.

Greeting from a hot 40 degrees celcius. icon_smile.gif

Purefan

Cheers mate

Into December third season

Won the French treble in first and second season

This season has been a bit dodgy

Kallstrom, Bodmer and Toulanan have all gone due to my board being tossers and Fred went on a bosman for some reason i still dont get

Brought in Bale, Diarra, N'zogbia, Saivet, Sakho, Vuosuo (sp?)

2nd place behind PSG atm 9 points behind and its not looking good

why do french clubs rep go down so quickly? regardless of winning the league. frankly i got sick of the game after 2 seasons! unreal how fast the club rep goes down and unable to attract quality stars. and stars wanted from mid table teams in england/spain top 6 teams and they become unsettled if i reject their offers!

I love to manage a similar team like bayern but i dont think is a realistic challenge!

Anyone know why the reputation go down?

FMFanatic

Ive experienced the same problem

My better players are leaving due to the board stepping in and majority of my team are unhappy due to me rejecting bids

I then try to bring in equally good players but this isnt possible and i have to try sign lower class players

I have also found that lesser players are wanting to join my team as the seasons progress

Originally posted by FMFanatic8080:

why do french clubs rep go down so quickly? regardless of winning the league. frankly i got sick of the game after 2 seasons! unreal how fast the club rep goes down and unable to attract quality stars. and stars wanted from mid table teams in england/spain top 6 teams and they become unsettled if i reject their offers!

I love to manage a similar team like bayern but i dont think is a realistic challenge!

Anyone know why the reputation go down?

YBH mate, I've never experienced a problem similar to yours, always been able to sign whoever I like after just a couple of seasons.

Well my seasons not going too well, were 6 points behind FC Sochaux in the league and level on points qith PSG and Marseille, 3rd in our CL group after only 2 games, behind Blackburn and Fenerbache and we lost the Euro Super Cup to Valencia.

In defence of my team we've played well, I presumed my new side of young exciting regens would be capable of winning a few games but so far they have let me down, I played my full 3rd side in the Euro Super CUp and lost 4-3 AET, but since they've lost to Fenerbache, Blackburn, and in the league Monaco and LOSC.

I'm not too worried yet, I'll just not play them so much in important games. If I do I'm sure to see the door.

Well after already securing our places in the upcoming European Championships, I had one last opponent, Belgium, they found themselves with everything to play for against me, while there group rivals Greece had a relatively easy trip to Iceland, surely securing there place in the competition...

(I Helped out your team abit purefun lol)

france-1.jpg

And the team we fielded...

lol.jpg

TBH I couldn't believe we were winning at half time! N'Gog made a few good saves in goal too.

End Of Season Update

OK I'm not real big on updates but I'd thought I would fill you guys in on the progress of the team.

Champs Trophy

Good start to the season winning the first trophy though expected pretty tough to actually hit the back of the net!

champstrophyyp8.th.jpg

League

leaguetableze8.th.jpg

Very pleased with winning the league, though expected, initially players took a bit of time getting used to the system but once suited they played magnificent at times, often not scoring as many goals as deserved but playing the opponents of the field.

Benzema top scored with 23 league goals finishing runner up in the top scorer but won

Players player of the season, most promising and start player.

Champs League

Initially poor start with loss to Celtic despite come back to 3-2 from 3-0 down, promising signs but lacking cutting edge until beating the 'pool and the other games except for the last where youngsters were played.

Progressed very well losing to eventual winners Arsenal but completely destroyed Chelsea.

champsleagueprogressgx6.th.jpg

Benzema won top scorer and 3rd best player also.

Roundup

coupedefranceyj5.th.jpg

coupedelaligueiv2.th.jpg

mainsquadstatsdo2.th.jpg

Excellent debut in France domestic clean sweep, pleased with the progress and will hopefully continue next season with possibly final in the Champions League.

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

actually starting my new Lyon game icon_cool.gif

looking to play a strange 4-1-3-1-1 tactic which will fail horribly

will sell Toulalan to improve the team as he has never done well for me

going to sign many players i haven't before

icon_confused.gif Just play him CM, He's probably the 2nd best on the game there.

Asromatom

Good season mate, very good domestically, I'm sure next season you'll do even better if you spend well in the transfer window.

~Keep it up icon14.gif

Originally posted by liam_everton89:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

actually starting my new Lyon game icon_cool.gif

looking to play a strange 4-1-3-1-1 tactic which will fail horribly

will sell Toulalan to improve the team as he has never done well for me

going to sign many players i haven't before

icon_confused.gif Just play him CM, He's probably the 2nd best on the game there.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

gets nothing more then a 7 rating for me tbh, but will only sell if i get a £20M+ bid though

thinking something like a

GK

DR

DL

DC

DC

MC

MC

MC

AMC

ST

ST

Arshavin is my main target icon_cool.gif

Barnetboyz

TBH CM's much like DM's don't really get the ratings they deserve, it happens with all of them, they will only go upto an 8 with assists or goals, but seriously look through his stats of completed passes ratio etc you'l see how much he can control the game, unforunately its the FM rating system that doesnt show this.

If you sell fair enough it's your save, I would say only £30m+ tbh instead of £20m, and with playing with 3 CM's like your saying, he's a vital one to have.

just seen i have 50M odd in my starting balance.. it was never that much before was it?

thought it was like 20M or so, anyway been given 30M to spend and have 750k in spare wages to give, looking for a AMC, GK, couple of MCs (as Bodmer will play as DM --> DC role)

i expect this tactic to go amazingly tits up but bah \o/

Will look to bring in a new Keeper as Coupet is though plays well at times is often a liability, currently looking at Frey at he's listed for £13.25 by request which seems pretty much a bargain.

Also as Sochaux being relegated I may try to buy Grax as my 3rd striker, as Bojan has go back to Barca.

Are there any other good french players playing for Monaco as they too have gone down, except for Menez who is mine icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Ty H:

HOPEY - Since African players don't count towards the foreign count in Ligue 1 try only buying african players

That's not really what I would be after with this Lyon save I've done numerous Lyon saves before so I know just what I want from this save.

Archived