FM08 : Olympique Lyon : Les Gones

Purefun

Originally posted by Ville Valo:

Started a game with Lyon, I'll do a proper update when I can, but my signings are:

Chris Samba - £1.5 mill

Habbib Ballaid - £5 mill

Jeremy Mathieu - £3 mill

Jimmy Briand - £7 mill

+ All the -9/-10 french players you can get on compensation (Though they all cost me £0 icon_smile.gif )

Any good?

Welcome and good luck mate.

All good signings even Briand who will develop but it will take a couple of seasons though.

Also the youngsters will turn into quality.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, gone a bit crazy with transfers, probably bought more than I should, but hey ho...

season1wn4.jpg

Gavanon is a bit of a risk but he's French and looks pretty good to me.

Here is the squad:

season1oq9.jpg

Thought and recommendations on the best tactic and starting XI to fit my squad would be greatly appreciated. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by purefun:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ville Valo:

Started a game with Lyon, I'll do a proper update when I can, but my signings are:

Chris Samba - £1.5 mill

Habbib Ballaid - £5 mill

Jeremy Mathieu - £3 mill

Jimmy Briand - £7 mill

+ All the -9/-10 french players you can get on compensation (Though they all cost me £0 icon_smile.gif )

Any good?

Welcome and good luck mate.

All good signings even Briand who will develop but it will take a couple of seasons though.

Also the youngsters will turn into quality. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers mate icon_smile.gif

How do you guys set up the midfield, there's Juninho, Bodmer, Kallstrom and Toulalon who are all quality, should I play a 4-2-3-1 to get them all in, or jus rotate them?

Cheers mate icon_smile.gif

How do you guys set up the midfield, there's Juninho, Bodmer, Kallstrom and Toulalon who are all quality, should I play a 4-2-3-1 to get them all in, or jus rotate them?

I play with 5 in midfield to accomodate them,

1 DM

MR

MCa

MC

AML

and have the MR and AML swapping positions, best way to fit them in I think, although Kallstrom is now having to rotate or play as sub.

Originally posted by liam_everton89:

Are you starting up a new game today hopey?

I am, I'm touched you remembered Liam icon_wink.gif *red face*

Sadly I don't think it will be with Lyon, if I did do it with Lyon I would play to the rules you set yourself down on your current game icon_smile.gif

Well it's upto you really, these rules are good, meens you don't end up with the same old team 2-3 seasons into the game, puts more of an emphasis aswell on bringing through your U-18's, well atleast for me.

It's just frustrating as hell when you have injuries that you can't cover so have some inbred regen playing at MR who'd be better suited to playing netball.

But I'm past that now and pretty much have cover everywhere on the field.

Well it's upto you really, these rules are good, meens you don't end up with the same old team 2-3 seasons into the game, puts more of an emphasis aswell on bringing through your U-18's, well atleast for me.

It's just frustrating as hell when you have injuries that you can't cover so have some inbred regen playing at MR who'd be better suited to playing netball.

But I'm past that now and pretty much have cover everywhere on the field.

haha, yeah I can imagine injuries are an issue during the first few season of "building" ;D

Ruled out being a big team, looking for a team that is smallish with potential, good facilties both youth and first team are needed (but I realise this may be abit impossible to find). Theres a few that interest me so far on my list of possibles are:

- BK Häcken.

- Malmö FF.

(Problem with Swedish league and football in general is attracting half decent players, and turning them into a EU powerhouse could be near impossible.)

- Red Star

- Partizan

- Dinamo Zagreb

(Serbian/Croatian football I know nothing off, but its an interesting challenge. Okay there not "small" clubs but realisitcally there not amazing either and in terms of EU pedrigree there on the small scale.)

- Napoli

(Unsure about these, they have potential)

Of course if anyone has any suggestions for clubs feel free to name them and give a lil' info on them, just looking to find that right sort of team. Don't want a big club at the moment looking for a more grubby/harder challenge to really test my resolve and put me through the mill ;D

Originally posted by ypresfr:

Well I've finally decided on a starting XI:

startseason1kh8.jpg

Too many midfielders really, looks like Gavanon will be a waste of money tbh. icon_frown.gif

Loan him out, nothing wrong with that, In previous saves I've had around 20 players thAT COULD PLAY 1ST TEAM OUT ON LOAN, MAINLY BECAUSE THEY ALL COST NOTHING WHEN BROUGHT AND DEVELOPED WELL BUT IT'S BEST WAY TO DO IT, KEEPS THEM HAPPY, AND DEVELOPING.

Sorry about caps, really cba changing it back.

Originally posted by ypresfr:

Alright will do that, thanks. How good is Delgado: worth keeping?

Delgado has actually been very good for me, I had a time with Ben Arfa out for 8 months and Keita out for 4 so Delgado played regular football, and he was my best performer then, regularly scored and got plenty of assists, admittedly he would of been just a sub if it wasn't for the injuries but now I've used him and seen he can play well I have no problem dropping money grabbing Ben Arfa for him.

Hopey

How about a game where your a small club but have a good Parent team, just been looking at some in the Frecnh league, not sure whether you can start as Amateur clubs but I think Marseille and PSG start with feeders in Ligue 2, so could get some good players, likewise anywhere in the world really, Lyon's feed is a Reunino team and I've not got a clue wheter you can run that league.

Anyway I think it'd be good being a small club in a small league but with a fairly good Parent club to get some quality players in.

Hopey

How about a game where your a small club but have a good Parent team, just been looking at some in the Frecnh league, not sure whether you can start as Amateur clubs but I think Marseille and PSG start with feeders in Ligue 2, so could get some good players, likewise anywhere in the world really, Lyon's feed is a Reunino team and I've not got a clue wheter you can run that league.

Anyway I think it'd be good being a small club in a small league but with a fairly good Parent club to get some quality players in.

Yeah, I'll look into that mate, cheers. I was also looking at Le Harve because they have a good repuation of developing good young talent. I'll add it to my shortlist of possibles and look into it, ta icon_smile.gif

Yeah Bodmer is quality in anyone of those 3 positions, I played him DM first season as I didn't have another, now I've got one I've moved him to MC and so far his stats are..

Played - 36

Goals - 23

Assists - 10

Avg Rating - 7.45

Also about 5 of these are from MR where he was ineffectual but had to play because of injuries.

Originally posted by HoPeY:

Yeah, I'll look into that mate, cheers. I was also looking at Le Harve because they have a good repuation of developing good young talent. I'll add it to my shortlist of possibles and look into it, ta icon_smile.gif

Le Havre would be good, decent finances and good facilities like you want, they also get a new 25000 stadium so thats cool.

Another major plus is Steve Mandanda, if you could keep him after his loan, but I'm guessing theres a low future fee clause in there as on my game they sold him for £1.8m despite being promoted first season.

Just had a look with the editor (because its quicker than opening a game lol)

Got 15 and 14 (Out of 20) for Training and Youth Setup.

Had a look at there squad, Obv Miranda is the stand out player, rest of the squad don't look too bad. Theres three -8 and about nine -7's so there a real possiblity.

The main challenge if I did win promotion is to try and build a squad would can just about stay up. I tell you what will be depressing though is when I play Lyon lolol icon_biggrin.gif but first I would have to get promotion..

At moment top three choices are:

1. Le Havre AC

2. Red Star

3. Partizan

Hmm, decisions icon_biggrin.gif

Well on my save Le Havre got promotion as champions making only 3 signings, 1 a loan, 1 a free and 1 cheap player.

But now in Ligue 1 they've brought/loaned in 10 new players and they're sitting comfortably at the bottom of the table with 1 wiin in 29 games icon_biggrin.gif

In fact there record is poor.

Played 29

Won 1

Drawn 3

Lost 25

Scored 21

Conceded 65

Points 6

Looks like just the challenge you want mate icon_biggrin.gif

Haha good luck mate, I'm sure you'll by European chamions before too long icon14.gif

I just had some news that I have got guaranteed work for the next 8 weeks so thats good for me, pay off some debt and pay for Global Gathering, good times ahead icon_biggrin.gif

haha, nice one.

Miranda is joining Marseille, nothing I can do its already agreed. I started the game and looked and bam he is just Marseille, so I just lost my best player before I even had a chance lol icon_biggrin.gif

Started a game, but it glitched and add another manager of portsmouth :/ so had to retire him, odd but cba to start again just for that glitch icon_biggrin.gif

Ypresfr

Another welcome and good luck mate.

Great signings.

I don't use the corner bug.

And i think Keita should start on the right and not Menez. Rotate Ben Arfa and Menez on the left. (imo)

Hopey

Good luck with Le Havre. icon_frown.gif

Villa Vallo

Juninho can not start every game mate he is always tired. So use him for rotation.

Hopey

Good luck with Le Havre. icon_frown.gif

Why sad, I'll still be around in this thread. But this Le Havre is going to be some challenge indeed! Got so many targets but hardly any want to come, looks like I'll be hoping for some loan signings :/

Going to try and implement my Lyon system for Le Havre could be interesting icon_biggrin.gif

Hopefully I'll strike lucky and ungem some classy Belguim/French or African talent ;D

Just wished you would have started as Anderlecht but maybe on FM09. I infact just heard they were keeping an eye on Skjelbred but so is Arsenal and AZ it seems.

----

Anyway finally going to get me some gametime this weekend.

Originally posted by enflz:

Jelluzz could you post me a ss of Vincent Acapandie please? Would love to know how he improves by 2011. Cheers.

sorry for such lateness enflz

acapandie in 2011

lyonsave-acapandie.jpg

the guy just seems to score loads of goals (12 in 4 champ league games - 3 against arsenal)

hence now i wanna get rid of adriano

Quick update.

Transfers In

Jeremy Mathieu - 4.6m

Mamadou Sakho- free

Younesse Sankhare - free

Matthieu Saunier - free

Urby Emanuelson - 6m

Yoann Gouffran - 7m

Damien Le Tallec - 160k

Out

None

Won all my games and Benzema has 9 in 8 \o/

Ypresfr

Another welcome and good luck mate.

Great signings.

I don't use the corner bug.

And i think Keita should start on the right and not Menez. Rotate Ben Arfa and Menez on the left. (imo)

Thanks again mate, hopefully this time it'll last.

Well I won't use the corner bug then I don't think, I suppose it takes the shine off a bit if your DC has 30+ goals.

I'll try both Menez and Keita on the right and see who does the best.

Thanks once again for the help. icon_smile.gif

Cheers Jelluzz.

My Lyon side are absolutely battering any team I come across at the moment. Playing some unbelievable football at times. I know not exactly the best team in the world, but an example of how well my team are playing...

lol.jpg

Huntelaar is playing like a god at the moment...

klassjan-1.jpg

Jelluzz I still have Fred and Benzema in my squad, Benzema has just (last match) been injured for 3 weeks, so Fred will be getting a bit of a run out. Just don't see the point in swopping my strikers around too often if Huntelaar is on fire at the moment.

thats awesome m8 made me lol for ages.

what are these rules i hear your playing by??

Archived