FM08 : Olympique Lyon : Les Gones

Purefun

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by purefun:

Arsenal ...

As promised

Sakho is out injured so a little drop in his stats but quality.

Saivet statwise not so good but everybody wants him and bids are currently around 70 mil + 50 %.

Menez quality although this season not so many assists but still influential.

Abenzoar Superb thats all i have to say.

thx. thats alot of money per month for saivet and menez. you must be loaded. i played halfway through the season. i smashed metz 7-0 thanks to benzema. he got me 7. lol. im gonna take a break now because i have my religious education gcse next week. as the terminator said, 'i'll be back'

Arsenal ...

Thats not a lot of money mate. Toulalon, Benzema, Matty, Pique ... are playing for a lot more otherwise they won't sign.

And yes i'm loaded. icon_biggrin.gif Will post a s.s. of my finances tonight.

Originally posted by Tha Real behanger:

Damn I am on my work and I am bored. I just started again with lyon because my savegame was broken. Now I need a new gk for the future. I took a look at costil but he didn't look as good as normal.

Lloris, Neuer, Costil, Foster, Riou all should be good

Originally posted by Tha Real behanger:

Damn I am on my work and I am bored. I just started again with lyon because my savegame was broken. Now I need a new gk for the future. I took a look at costil but he didn't look as good as normal.

If on 8.02 Neuer from Schalke is the next big thing and he can start immediatly mate.

Still Costil should be good though. Also have a look at Bailly (Genk), Proto (Anderlecht).

Originally posted by liam_everton89:

Jesus!, my players are dropping like flies!

Only got 13 1st team players fit and not injured, everyone else is out on loan with no recall option lol, need a super physio I think!

Well had a bad season too for injuries only had 1 dm left and i have 5 for one spot. icon_rolleyes.gif

Injuries are annoying me now!

Clercs 8 months ijured

Jiminez 4 months

Ben Arfa 4 months

Armand Traore 3 months

Because most players are on loan I'm struggling to cover for them,

Theres only 15 players left at the club who can play 1st team.

I've had to buy Apam as a stand in RB, doing well though.

Fred's been sold and his replacement isn't registered! icon_mad.gif

Rant over

Might aswell put my December transfers in here while I'm online.

IN

Gignac - £13m

OUT

Fred - £20m

ARRANGED TRANSFERS

Balotelli - Free

Yoann Goufrann - Free

Also hoping to get Robinho on a free, depends on whether he accepts my wages, I doubt he'll settle for less though.

have decided to start playing my Lyon save, 2nd season, 4 games into the season and 14 goals scored and have decided i might create a 3-3-2-2 tactic to have a Toulalan/Bodmer/Kallstrom MC Trio icon_cool.gif

have 42M to spend on a striker as i doubt vela will be good enough for 2nd season, any ideas?

Liam,

Thanks for the updates, they make for an interesting read. Balotelli and Goufrann will be two excellent acquisitions.

I also noticed how well Ben Arfa is playing and I was wondering if you could post a screenshot of him? Although I see he's currently injured, it would just be a good point of reference.

Cheers icon_wink.gif

Summer Transfer Window Update 2nd Season

Squad

05112008115948py7.th.jpg

tactic wise still haven't a clue what to do

Main Transfers In Went a bit crazy

Pablo - Atletico - Free (Great Player)

Carlos Vela - Arsenal - £5M (Young, Full of Potential)

Kyriakos Papadopopoulos - Olympiakos - £1.2M (Young DC, Looks Good)

Mathieu Flamini - Arsenal - Free (Main defensive midfielder that was needed)

Luis Jimenez - Ternana - £2.5M (Good squad player, will probably sell on though in january or use as swap)

Havard Nordtveit - Arsenal - £3M (Very good player and very young, bargain)

Tranquillo Barnetta - Leverkusen - Free (Good player to sell on)

Henri Lansbury - Arsenal - £2.5M (Another arsenal youth in, potential captain iirc and will probably be long term to replace Bodmer)

Malaury Martin - AS Monaco FC - £2.5M (Good young french talent)

Guilherme - Cruzeiro - £10.5M (First time having him after rave reviews on these boards, have a bad feeling he will flop though /o\)

Charles N'Zogbia - Newcastle - £7.5M + Tranquillo (A proper winger, i expect big things from him)

Transfers Out

Milan Baros - Marseille - £4.3M (Useless)

Cesar Delgado - Napoli - £4.4M (Took up non euro spot and useless)

Cris - Atletico - £2.5M (Old and have loads of DCs)

Ederson - Man City - £10M (Didn't need him and 10M was too good of an offer)

Cleber Anderson - Racing - £1.7M (Crap, getting old, Injury prone)

Kim Kallstrom - Inter - £13.75M (Will be missed but he wanted to leave /o\)

Fixtures So Far..

Champions Trophy Vs OGC Nice - Won 4-1 (Fred 3 & Tranquillo)

Ligue 1 Vs Valenciennes - Won 4-0 (Clerc, Squillaci, Bodmer & Fred)

Ligue 1 Vs Strasbourg - Won 2-0 (Ben Arfa & Fred)

Ligue 1 Vs Le Mans - Won 4-1 (Squillaci 2, Bodmer & Delpierre)

Ligue 1 Vs Bordeaux - Won 3-0 (Pablo & Benzema 2)

Euro Super Cup Vs Sevilla - Won 3-1 (Flamini, Benzema & Ben Arfa)

Champions League Group

Olympique Lyonnais

PSV

Palermo

Maccabi Haifa

Should get through easily

Season started well then, hope it continues icon_smile.gif

Just starting my second season after winning the league and French Cup in the first season. I need some recommendations with transfers

I need a new CB because I'm sending Sakho on loan and I'm going to sell Boumsong

I need a new striker. I have Benzema and Fred at the moment

On the wing I have Menez, Delgado, Ben Arfa and Keita I might sell Delgado so have and of you got and recommendations for a new winger

I hope you can make sense of all that

purefun

Balotelli was too good too refuse on a free really, if he becomes anywhere near top of his potential I'll be pleased.

Goufrann(sp?? drunk!) will be mainly as cover for the wide players, I've never used him before though so where would you say his best position is?

Also if Robinho come's I'll be delighted just because of how much money I'll make, he's worth £26m on my game at the moment so thats atleast £40m profit the way I see it.

BB

Welcome again mate.

Great signings.

And a good season start already two cups!

Kyle

I would use Sakho in his second season. Anyway have a lood at Mensah from Rennes should be quality. Delpierre or Dervite or Bellaid are also good options.

Strikerwise why not go for Guilherme if your on 8.02 he should be a beast.

If your selling Delgado, options are Montolivio, Quaresma, Gourcuff, Ribery ... big names but quality and you could sometimes get lucky with there prices.

Liam

Ooh you won't be using Robinho than??

Gouffran is best used as an amr imo (thats what i did with him) he got me 15 assists a season. I sometimes used him upfront though, scored a few too.

Well I have decided to play a brand new game as Lyon.

A massive French team that not only challenge for the league title but be a force to be reconed with in Europe.

The board expect me to win Ligue 1

Given me a transfer budget for 9mil and wage budget on £525k p/w

Any one got any players they think i should go for straight away and wot formation do you guys feel i should play with the team.

Want to play attacking football

Westmarsh

Welcome mate and good luck.

What patch are you playing? After that it would be easier to recommend some people! icon14.gif

Fr3h

Lyon have a lot of good coaches imo. Marseille and Bordeaux have some too.

There is a thread somewhere about training and how to find the best coaches. That would be a great help. But i can't find it no more. icon_frown.gif

Finally got around to playing my save again. Was just before the December transfer window when I stopped. So I'll pick up from there!

So to my horror, the transfer window opens and 8 of the first team starters are wanted men. I begin to worry for the titles I want to win. First to go was Toulalan to Inter after my board accepted the offer for him. Next was Stancu (Purefun, you were right, he REALLY isn't up to standard for Lyon) and Piatti on loan.

That was the extent of the damage to my first team squad. Joaquin I nearly managed to grab but a late £20m bid from Arsenal ensured I would be gunning for revenge at them in the Champions League later. Another missed opportunity was Anelka who was transfer listed by request as well. I didn't notice it till PSG managed to sign him for £6.75m.

Anyhow, with Toulalan leaving, I needed to find something to cover for him and it came in the form of a youngster who goes by the name of Sankharé. Didn't expect him to up his game as much as he has, and while his stats aren't impressive yet, he has been amazing off the bench and starting when Bodmer was injured. With the transfer kitty I also managed to bring in Matias Fernandez and two more youngsters in Aquino and Genero Zeefuik (my scouts rated him extremely highly. But I have learnt to never trust them).

Once the transfer window had closed, I thanked what Gods I could remember for letting me reject the £23m bid for Benzema and moved on.

Its now 16th of April and I have managed to secure the league title and a French cup competition that name eludes me at the present moment. In the Champions League I got the dreaded task of facing Barcelona in the last 16 even after winning my group. But after a strong 2-1 loss at the Nou Camp I though my dreams were go when Barcelona went 1-0 up at home. If not for an amazing off the bench performance from Fred netting a hat-trick, which kept my hopes alive managing a 5-1 home win against Barcelona. But to my horror, I get put up against Arsenal in the Quarter Final. I figure that I have already done what was expected of me, I may as well throw caution to the wind in the home leg. Much to my delight we managed to cap an impressive performance with a 4-1 home win and then followed it strongly with a 3-2 lose at the Emirates, but it didn't matter as I had done the job and proceeded into the Semi's where we now face the mighty Man Utd. I'm not looking forward to that :<

In other news Benzema has now reached 35 goals for the season and has 21 league goals. Which isn't amazing but for me, its good. Another problem I have started having is that I cannot manage to not only keep clean-sheets but I'm throwing away 2 goal advantages very cheaply. I have tried anything and everything to stop it, I have parked the bus, gone into overdrive attack mode, done nothing, put 10 defenders on and make them all defend, I have tried EVERYTHING but I just cant seem to (once it hits the 70th~ min mark) not let the opposition score. Its beginning to drive me insane.

Anyhow, a fairly long post, but I thought I would go into a little story as I'm bored ^_^

Liam

In that case i will just say a very good season. icon_biggrin.gif

Intercept

What season are you in?

How much did Toulalon go for? Sankhare will be great.

And offcourse i was right on Stancu. Piatti should be good enough to warm the bench and get a start now and than.

Zeefuik if trained and played well will turn out excellent.

Some nice results in the Cl mate.

Stick with one tactic it will work. If you change to much it won't work.

purefun

What i will say is that the players originally brought inseason 1 are now good enough to warrant 1st team places, so many selection headaches this season I think, I'm also trying to flog Keita for around £10m but nobody wants him n=because of work permits, his replacement will be Ronaldo or Messi.

Thought I'd upload a SS of my current squad, Gignac is at the bottom of the list but just off screen, Theres still about 20 out on loan aswell.

team.jpg

They're all fairly well known really, only one you wont know is Pereira, he's 19 at the moment and attracting alot of interest from Jose Mourinho at Porto, a great back-up/stand in to Lloris.

Any other SS's you'd like to see I'll gladly supply.

EDIT In the time it's took to upload the picture I've had my bid for Messi accepted so hopefully he'll be our new, Right Mid.

Liam

Well i would like to see an s.s. of Messi if he signs for you mate! Just to know how much you need to pay him.

Interesting tactic. Did you downloaded it from the tacticsforum? If so what tactic was it? thx

Right ermm..

Interesting tactic. Did you downloaded it from the tacticsforum? If so what tactic was it? thx

Yes, it's by ww2 fan I think, very good defensively and going forward, in total conceded 27 goals all last season, scored 100+. Only change I've made to it is having My AML and MR Swap positions.

Who made an enquiry for Adrien and who bid for Keita and Saivet?

Adrien is wanted by Blackburn, Sampdoria, Celta, Villareal, Fiorntina - that's just at the monet, alot have already been rejected.

Keita has got Newcastle, Marseille, PSG, At Madrid bidding around the £7.5m mark for him, I wanted £10 but £7.5 is as high as anyone would go, not bad really.

Saivet would be easier answered with who doesn't want him lol, I've re3jected lots but at the moment...

Interested - 22 clubs

Offers - Arsenal, Everton - Loan, portsmouth - Loan, Stade Rennais - Loan.

Hm not sure what to do with Saivet really, He's not listed for loan or sale actually, his stats aint very good but he plays OK, I may hold onto him one more season if it doesnt wortk flog him to the highest bidder.

Lionel Messi has now signed a deal with Olympique Lyonnais, the young midfield maestro signed an £80k p/w deal with the French champions after they activated his £43.5m release clause.

The manager (me) said, he better bloody play well, cost me an arm and a leg.

Fans were also overjoyed with the news as shirt sales took a huge boost with thousands buying replica shirts.

In other new the new stadium is now built and I'm going to start some dinner because I'm hungry.

Hi guys.

I havent been on here for a while, but im back now. I lost interest as my Lyon Save was corrupted icon_frown.gif.

Since then i went on to manage Birmingham (the team i support irl), and then after that i took nottingham forest to the prem from league 1, then accepted the Everton job.

However, none has really matched the fun i had when playing as Lyon, plus everyone on this thread is always helpful.

So lads, i was wonderig if you could refresh my memory on what the do's and dont's are in the first season, even if you could copy and paste from a previous post on what to do would be appreciated ie signings ect.

Anyway, its good to be back, hope everybody in England is enjoying the Sunshine. icon14.gif

The sunshine is great, especially now I'm on nights, sun and all day in garden with a few Vodka's = Heaven.

Anyways mate I'll just pass on basically what I was told by most on here...

GK - Vercroute(sp?) will be fine until Coupet returns from injury.

Defence - Jeremy Mathieu does a great job as stand in LB also versatile and can take over once Grosso gets abit older if needed.

Samba is a steal and a must really for CB to partner Squillaci.

Midfield - Try and flog Govou for his maximum (£7.5m min release clause) or re sign him without clause and then sell.

I personally brought in Jeremy Menez for £10m aswell.

Strikers - A back up is needed with Fred being injured to begin with, S.Grax is a good cheap option also you could try and loan Bojan who you'll presumably know all about.

Youngsters - Go for the usual bunch, Saivet, Sakho, Sankhare, Benzerga, Wijnaldum, Adrien etc etc.

Don't forget about some of the players already in your U-18's especially Abenzoar, he'll be top class.

One thing you could try, see if you can get Armand Traore very cheap, I'm talking around £3m, I seen a thread recently where somebody did in the fiorst few weeks of the game and he becomes top, I paid £17m for him!!

Hope this helps, If I think of anything else I'll let you know.

Originally posted by purefun:

Intercept

What season are you in?

How much did Toulalon go for? Sankhare will be great.

And offcourse i was right on Stancu. Piatti should be good enough to warm the bench and get a start now and than.

Zeefuik if trained and played well will turn out excellent.

Some nice results in the Cl mate.

Stick with one tactic it will work. If you change to much it won't work.

Still in season one, hence why Sankhere is still not amazing stat wise. But I know he will become a great player as I have him on my Arsenal save and he is keeping Denilson off the DM position. Toulalan went to Inter for £18.5m which allowed me to bring in Fernandez.

Had only limited experience with Zeefuik in my Arsenal save (he is currently at Inter there) and his stats are amazing and he is worth a fortune, kinda why I quickly went and snatched him before any major club did. I'm hopping I can bring in Vicente as well, as he is transfer listed and I've had a £6.5m bid accepted, which means I can finally start letting Ben Arfa wonder in my formation (he is playing as a mostly out and out winger and doing well, but I know he is a much better attacking forward).

The CL has surprised me and I'm really glad we got to the Semi's. Fred who has been lack-luster for me since he has come back from Injury is finally putting in some massive performances and giving Benzema a run for his money.

About the formation. I'm not really going to change it. I'm sticking with it, as I'm getting the results, I'm not loosing but I'm not winning, which is what is bugging me. Nothing worse then leading 2-0 for the whole game, dominating the opposition and with one error and a wonder-strike they are back on level terms. But I guess thats football. Still looking for a solid goal-keeper, to replace Coupet (sp?) next season as I'm not convinced with his performances, but I'll leave it till the end of the season before I make drastic changes in that department.

Otherwise, all is looking good and I'll hopefully be giving you another update in a few hours when I have completed the season.

Oh another thing. I have Chris Eagles and Thiago Motta both coming in on free's (if nothing else, but to sell on for a few £?m).

Liam

Keep Saivet he is for some reason always wanted by topclubs. I don't understand it either but i rejected bids from +70 mil euro for a player who only played one full season with me only scoring 15 iirc.

Messi icon_cool.gif He will be my next target in season eight.

New stadium well i can only dream from it. The neighbourcommitee (sp) has just dismissed my new plans for expantion (sp).

Jimbob

Nice to welcome you back my friend. It was fun last time indeed. Lets bring those times back. icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway the players that Liam suggested are all just fine.

You could also buy Costil for later if you wish. Also Felipe (Udinese) for DC is an option. Def. get Bojan on loan so there is no need to buy another striker if you only play with one upfront unless you play with two than Grax is your answer.

Intercept

Sell them on mate not good enough for Lyon imo.

GK : Frey, french and fantastic but oh so expensive.

Westmarsh7

Mate the players Liam suggested are the ones you should go for + the ones i mentioned in this post.

If you need some more do ask. icon14.gif

Purefun

Well I would love to agree with you. Eagles has already gone back to the Premier on a season long loan to Sunderland with a £6.75m buyout on the end. But I'm not going to offload Thiago Motta just yet. Friendlies he has done the business in the middle of the park, so I'm not complaining.

However, the main reason I'm not willing to let him go just yet, is cause he is on a £18,500p/w contract for 3 years and Keita and Kallstrom have both just gone out the window. I'm beginning to hate my Chairman.

Keita went for £15~ million and Kallstorm for £14.75 with clauses (I didn't see what those were as the board accepted for me). So I'm slightly skint in the middle of the park for back-up. So I'm going to hold onto him for a season before I let him go. Although Ederson looks quite promising in the middle to take over the rotation business with Ben Arfa as my AMC.

Anyhow, with the French Champions Cup (I think) just over and me drilling a lackluster PSG into the ground 2-0 (Ben Arfa double) I have about £40 million to spend and a mid-field that needs a little love.

Mostly looking into a new versatile winger (probably Nani, but ill blow my budget on him then) and a central mid-fielder (Barry is looking tempting with me managing to unsettle him).

Intercept

Could you post a s.s. of Nani?

If you can get Anderson (Manu) he is great, Jimenez offcourse, Matty, Gouffran, Gourcuff, Adrien (the portugese one), Belluschi are some other players ...

Barry isn't of top-CL standard imo.

purefun

Nani - After looking at his price, I'm actually tempted to go after him (unsettle him and try and get him cheaper). Only reason I said it would blow my budget was cause Inter got him for £37.5m in my Arsenal save. Still not entirely sure, but I need to strengthen my mid-field before I go headlong into this campaign.

I know Barry isn't top-CL standard, but he is cheap and he is effective. Easily replaceable but a very solid player. Or at least he is in my Arsenal save for Villa.

Will probably need to poke around a bit more to find the ideal replacement as most of your recommended are now with new clubs and unwilling to negotiate contracts.

Intercept

Have a look at Biglia from Anderlecht. Lulinha is very good even at a young age. Do you have Menez already? Get Ribery you sometimes get lucky with him (with the price i mean). Montolivio, Rosina are other very expensive options.

Archived