FM08 : Olympique Lyon : Les Gones

Purefun

Originally posted by liam_everton89:

Who did you lot bring in as a new RB?

I'm looking at Faubert he looks ok, nothing special, obviously theres Alves, he's been unhappy for the best part of a season but scouts are still saying they'll want £32m, which is a lot!

Also there Richards, the big teams are bidding around £26m for him atm, or is Azbooar(sp?) from the reserve side, good enough?

Abenzoar becomes fantastic after two seasons. One of the best RBs if he develops well.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Il fenomeno

Welcome mate.

Great signings. And your first team looks great but i wonder what people have against Keita he is a better player than Quaresma imo.

Great CL final i see.

What were your results in the 2 domestic cups??

Gignac is an ace signing. icon14.gif

Originally posted by liam_everton89:

I'm looking at Faubert he looks ok, nothing special, obviously theres Alves, he's been unhappy for the best part of a season but scouts are still saying they'll want £32m, which is a lot!

Also there Richards, the big teams are bidding around £26m for him atm, or is Azbooar(sp?) from the reserve side, good enough?

Yep Abenzoar is ace. I'll post a s.s. tomorrow in here. Worldclass.

Originally posted by Scott08:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by liam_everton89:

Abenzoar becomes fantastic after two seasons. One of the best RBs if he develops well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers mate, after all that, I realised it was Grosso on the left side lol not right that I wanted to replace lol, doh!

liam_everton

Very good first season. European success will eventually come your way. It took me until my 4th bloody season to with the Champions League. Though that was probably down to me!

Unfortunate about Mathieu Bodmer, the chairman always seem to sell one cracking player in/after the first season. Luckily it wasn't someone such as Karim Benzema or Hatem Ben Arfa. And pitty about Samir Nasri, he is still at Marseille on my game and Ive never been able to get hold of him. Luis Jimenez should be a good signing though.

how long did you use some of the older players for like Squillaci and I think Grosso abit older too?

I used Fabio Grosso until his contract expired then I let him go. I also used Juninho for 3 seasons and he performed very well until I let him go. Despite his ailing stats he still played very well. As for Squillaci, I dont know about him as my chairman sold him after my first season.

I tell you what, I wish Man U would **** off trying to buy my players lol, it's unsettling them, and I know the chairman might accept aswell.

They're sniffing round Jiminez now, offered me £12m upfront plus Hargreaves plus 50% sell on, would be a great profit as I only signed him for £3.3m but Jiminez is younger, better stats and on about £60k less a week lol,

God knows why they want so many AMC's, theyve got Bodmer, Nasri, Anderson aswell as Nani Ronaldo, bloody idiots!

Originally posted by sniell:

I'm just about to start a new game with Lyon, any advice? And don't forget to wish me luck...

Let me be the first to welcome you and wish you luck mate. icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway original, 8.01 or 8.02? And euros (recommended) or pounds?

After that i give you advice. icon14.gif

sniell

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, hope you are still in need of advice..................

First thing you should do is ask your board for extra transfer funds, you should then be given about £30million to spend.At the start of your game you start with a few injuries which will need to be addressed, those are;

Gregory Coupet - 3 months

Cris - 5 months

Cleber Anderson - 11 months

Fred - 2 months

Goalkeepers - Usually people would suggest getting another GK such as Hugo Lloris or Carlos Kameni. In my game I didn't go and buy another keeper and used Remy Vercoutre until Coupet was fit again. Now into my 7th season and he is my 1st choice. If you do go for another keeper, then look to Remy Riou of Auxerre. He is quality young keeper and not as expensive as Kameni or Lloris.

Defence - The centre back position needs to be addressed as you are short of cover with the 2 players above out injured, and if you are playing on patch 8.0.2 you should have Jean Alain Boumsong in your squad, and quite frankly, he is rubbish. Many people would suggest to look to Christopher Samba of Blackburn. He is usually available for less than £2million and is a quality performer. Also, sell Patrick Muller. He isn't a bad defender, but he lacks pace, something that is desperately needed at the back.

Also you need cover at left back as the only one you have is Fabio Grosso. Personally I just retrained Anthony Reveillere to be able to play LB aswell so he could cover both full back spots. If you do want to buy another LB, people usually recommend Armand Traore of Arsenal or Taye Taiwo of Marseille.

Midfield - You alkready have a very strong midfield, the onlt position I would advise to improve is in the DM position. Jean Mkoun of Lille is available for around £8million and is a very good player. If you dont wish to sign another DM then you can train Mathieu Bodmer to a DM, he seems to perfrom very well in whatever position he is used. Besides that you should be alright there. Juninho, despite his age, will perform well for 3 seasons. And never sell Kim Kallstrom, he is brilliant. Assists and goals aplenty.

Strikers - You already have 2 extremely good performers in the shape of Fred and Karim Benzema, but another option isn't bad. I bought Jimmy Briand for £7million. Though not as good on the original game or on patch 8.0.1he will still get you goals.

And last but not least, good luck!

Purefun, I am on 8.02 and just for you I'll use the Euro icon_wink.gif

tomtuck01, thanks for the fairly detailed post and I'll look in to some of those players.

I didn't get very far last night, I got distracted, so any more advice would be useful. icon_cool.gif

Also what formation works best?? I was thinking something along the lines of a 4-2-3-2 formation...

cheers

Sniell

Okay mate.

As for GK tomtuck is probably right. There is no need to buy another one tbh. But i always do. So maybe buy Costil if he is still cheap.

Defenders : Matthieu is a must great player imo, Samba to reinforce your central defence is a big must, Felipe from Udinese is worth a look, Zapata (sp), Barzagli offcourse are a few options.

Midfield : I agree with tomtuck again. Makoun is a great option, also have a look at Biglia from Anderlecht, Diarra for a loanspell would be an option too, Banega you could loan too if your fast.

Strikers : I would buy Grax handy player that will score plenty and comes cheap.

Sell Muller and Roux.

Liam

As promised here is Abenzoar. In seventh season.

-------------

Finally finished summer-transfer-season. A busy one even for my standards. icon_wink.gif

Part 1

and

Part 2

The total of my transferincome was 87 mil euro (upfront and over 24 months) but you can add another 60 mil due to all sorts of clauses. So to conclude my policy to just sign everyone i can get my hands on well simply gives you loads of money. (also a selection headache though)

------

All CL-groups

I have drawn an easy group imo.

PSG should be second in their group.

Le Mans could qualify if they win from those russians.

My beloved Anderlecht have the toughest group. icon_frown.gif

Any questions please ask.

Finally finished my first season!

As expected, won the league at a canter by a whopping 18 points clinching the title with five games to spare.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q200/greenboar/finaltable.jpg

Also won the League Cup beating Toulouse fairly comfortable in the final.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q200/greenboar/coupedelaligue.jpg

The French Cup wasn't so great playing very poorly in the Semi Final against eventual winners PSG losing 1-0 but hardly created any chances.

In the Champions League we came second in a tough group with Real Madrid, Lazio and Rosenborg, then beat Liverpool on away goals before bowing out in the quarter finals to AC Milan also on away goals.

Player wise Karim Benzema was sensational scoring 30 goals overall (23 in the league) despite missing 2 months of the season through injury. Ben Arfa was also fantastic but unfortunatly broke his leg in January and missed the rest of the season. My best signings were Kamini and Samba by far also Flamini on loan was outstanding as was the signing of Menez in the January window.Briand, Costil and Sakho were signed more for the future and I signed Venegoor of Hesselink as an extra striker. He started off well before fading as the season drew on.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q200/greenboar/transfers.jpg

Roll on 2008/2009!

purefun

Thabks for that SS, definitely worth holding onto, I've got him out on loan at the moment so should hopefully progrees nicely.

Season 2

Right well I've had a marathon gaming session so far this weekend completing season 2 and abit into 3, absolutely loving it.

Transfers In

I didn't feel much need to strengthen the squad so basically brought in a few more youngsters

Saivet - £3.2m

Sankhare - £3m + Clauses

Nordtveit - £3m

Luis Jimenez - £3.3m

Ignaci Camacho - £4.5m + Clauses

Dervite - Loan

Transfers Out

Bodmer - £15.75m (Bloody Chairman :@:@)

Delgado - $5.2m

15 of my younsters - Loan

Also released 4 older and younger players that didnt have a futuer on a free.

Ligue 1 Orange

Finished 1st place again, improving on the previous seasons points tally, scoring 104 this time around, winning 33 and drawing 5, my first unbeaten seasonicon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Champions Trophy

We won again a 2-0 victory over PSG, Jimenez and Benzema netting the goals.

Coupe De La Ligue

Won this again, another 2-0 victory over PSG in the final, this time Samba and Toulalan bagging the goals, Grosso was sent off also.

French Cup

This was the one that we failed to win this season, and was my first defeat of the season in the semi-final, crashing out 2-1 AET to AS Nancy-Lorraine, Reveillere giving away a penalty which led to the winning goal and getting himself sent off in the process.

Champions League

We wer Drawn along Fenerbache, Shakthar and Real Madrid (2 years in a row), came through the group stages top, winning 4 and drawing twice to Real Madrid.

1st knock out round Vs Valencia

Won the first leg 2-0, both Benzema Goals, then in the second leg we won 2-1, Mathieu chipping in a goal and Fred also.

Quater Final vs Arsenal, the team that knocked us out last season.

First leg at the Emirates we took an early lead with Benzema netting on 3 minutes then Ben Arfa on 24, Adebayor made it 2-1 minutes later then an 88th minute goal from Carlos Vela made it 2-2

Second leg back at home, after a dull first half I was confident of going through thinking it'd end 0-0, but another Benzema goal on 61 minutes was shortly followed by Keita on the 66th, we went onto win 4-2 on aggregate.

Semi-final vs Man Utd

First leg at home, Ben Arfa netted on 2 minutes, dull game really, mainly a midfield battle, only for the genius Ronaldo to equalise on the 88th minute.

Return leg at Old Trafford, Ben Arfa opened the scoring after 30 minutes, befor Benzema made it 2-0 on the night just befor half time, shortly after the break Bodmer made it 2-1 on the night scoring from the penalty spot, the cheeky bugger!!, but the tie was put to bed with another Benzema brace on the 70th minute, making it 4-2 to me on aggregate.

The Final vs Real Madrid, Again!, I'm fed up of them in this competition!

It was an even game, both shots ending with the same shots and shots on target, I just edged the possesion but a 60th minute goal from Roberto Soldado turned out to be the only goal so we'd lost it at the final hurdle, gutted!

Summary

Very good season, only lost 2 games, Jiminez was superb getting around 34 assists and 20 goals, offers came flying in for him, mainly from Man Utd offering silly money and exchanges like £10m + Hargreaves and the final one £15m plus Tevez lol, Pleases we got further in the Champions League, I'm confindent the next season we can go onto win it, only bad point was not winning the French Cup but not too upset.

Season 3 Start

I'm not too far into season 3 so I'll just list transfers done and transfers arranged.

Transfers In

Uche - Free

Vaz Te - free

Charlot, denis - £1.7m

Stefanski - £30k

Vieria - Patrick - £300k

Spence, Jordan - Loan

Vidal, Arturo - £5m

Riou, Remy - £3m

Miguel Veloso - £17.25m

I needed abit of cover in the DM are so thats why Velos was brought in, Vieira was brought in purely for tutoring purposes really and at the price he cost he does his job, Uche and Vaz Te were both out of contract and free, brough for selling for profit, although Uche did play a few games and bag some goals first, Vidal was because he looks like he has decent prospects and my CB's was my weakest area with a few players aging, Riou was because I didn't have another GK other than a 17 year old so if LLoris was out, I was in trouble. TBH i don't know why I loaned in Spence, he's crap.

Charlot and Stefanski were found durin a scout search, both look promising.

Transfers out

24 players were released on a free, mainly promoted U-18s that wouldnt ever be good enough also a few of the older reserves.

Vaz Te - £2.1m

Seguin - £150k

Uche - £5m

All the ususal youngsters are out on loan again, this time round at much better clubs, I predict next season most of them will be staying at the club.

Future Arranged Transfers (end of season)

These players were all running out of contract so I signed them for free, theres 11 of them with values between £4.2m and about £2m, should make a nice profit of them all

Benoit Costil -Probably keep him though

Aruna Dindane

Carlos Martinez

Baky Kone

Khalifa Cisse

Luca Antonini

Karl Svensson

Giovanni Marchese

Johan Audel

Angel Lafita

Edu Albacar

Thats just about it, played alot of FM this weekend lol, now to watch Everton teach Birmingham a lesson in how to play football!!

sniell

I use 4 different formations, so Im probably not the best to advise on what formation is best to use. I just have them all for different type of games.

Purefun

Bloody hell you've done more transfers in that window alone then I probably have in my 6 and a half seasons in charge of Lyon!! I cant seem to lure teams into paying all them various clauses so I just end up keeping players or selling them for nothing!

Pretty simple Champions League Group.................though nice to see the might Getafe in the Champions League!!

Could I see a screenshot of your squad?!

twattyatkins

Good first season their, 2 of the domestic trophies is nothing to be downbeat about. But you let in 30 goals in the league, terrible!! (Haha just kidding). Well done on winning the league by such a big margain, but in future years I would expect the teams below you to start topping to 80 point mark, so you might need to perform slightly better.

Well done in winning the league cup, not the most important trophy, but any trophy is a good trophy. Unlucky with the French cup, I always seem to lose 1-0 in cup competitions too.

AC Milan are a good side, so no disgrace in going out to them/. Plus you exceeded the boards expectations of getting to the 1st knockout round.

Also you made some good buys there, some quality young players. The future looks bright if you keep hold of all of them players!

liam_everton

Wow the speed you're going at you're going to pass me in my game soon enough!!

Some very nice purchases there for the second season. Alot of good young players. Exciting times ahead for your team if all them develope as we know they can!

Great league season, Im into my 7th season and have still yet to top the 100 points mark. Unlucky with the French Cup, but that was the players fault, not yours! Good to see you win the Coupe de la Ligue and the customary Champions Trophy again at the start of the season.

Pitty about the Champions League, but Real are a very good side. Your time will come in Europe!

Your transfers for the 3rd season also look very good. Remy Riou is top quality keeper. Arturo Vidal aswell is quality, and is very versatile, as is Miguel Veloso. Patrick Vieria could come in handy at some point aswell. You should have kept Uch in my opinion after buying him though. He is a very good player, even if only used as rotation he would have got you a few goals.

--------------------------------------

As for my game, Im not going along very quick as I am alternating between this Lyon save, and a game with Milan which I have just recently started. But I just though Id post a screenshot of my latest win.................In the past people have advised me to sell Fred as he was getting a bit older, even at the age of 27, some of you said I should sell him when the offers came in for him. I resisted all the way as he continued to perform outstandingly. He is now 30, but the old guy can still is still absolutely class!!

Here is Fred's unrivaled brilliance!!

Originally posted by purefun:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott08:

Flamini's another option on loan for DM icon14.gif

Yeah but not on 8.02 mate. Arsene just won't let him go. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They let me have him on loan on 8.02

Twattyatkins

Good first season mate.

Benzema icon_cool.gif.

How many goals did Hesselink get in the end??

Toulalon = 50 mil simple really.

Liam

Nice transfers. And yes stupid chairman.

Great season but Real are a great team so no shame in that.

I see you also sign players on a free to sell on mate. Best way to make money imo. icon14.gif

1-1 isn't a great lesson. icon_wink.gif

Tomtuck

Fred 6 goals at thirty. Hope he does the same for me. icon_smile.gif

Twattyatkins

Good first season mate.

Benzema icon_cool.gif.

How many goals did Hesselink get in the end??

Toulalon = 50 mil simple really.

Liam

I see you also sign players on a free to sell on mate. Best way to make money imo. icon14.gif

Tomtuck

Fred 6 goals at thirty. Hope he does the same for me. icon_smile.gif

Hesselink scored 12 in the end, but he was sub most of the time scored some important ones though. I think I made a boo boo with Toulalan though as I accepted £20m in between posting icon_frown.gif

Lesson learnt I suppose

Season 3

Right, I've finished off season 3 now, not a bad weekend in terms of how much game time I've got in.

Transfers

I'd already listed all my transfers previously so I won't bother again.

Squad

GK - Lloris / Riou

LB - Grosso / Jeremy Mathieu / Vidal

CB - Samba / Vidal / Cris

CB - Squillaci / Jordan Spence

RB - Clerc / Reveillere

DM & CM - Veloso / Vidal / Jeremy Mathieu / Jean II Makoun / Patrick Viera / Toulalan (Depends on what formation I'm playing)

AM's - Ben Arfa / Keita / Jeremy Menez / Luis Jimenez / Ederson

ST - Benzema / Grax

Luis Jimenez had the highest Av Rating with 7.64 after 58 games.

Ben Arfa was top scorer with 36 goals in 55 apps, Benzema had 35 in 47.

Again Luis Jiminez was top assister, with 35 in 58 apps.

Ben Arfa had most MOM's with 13

Lloris played 60 conceding 53 and keeping 27 clean sheets.

Ligue 1 Orange

I finished 1st again, making it 3 in a rown for me, 9 in a row for the club, that's what I call dominance, failed to do aswell as last season, but tbh we never lost last season so it would be hard, finished on 91 points, 8 ahead of PSG, but to be honest the last 6 or so games I was rotating like hell and playing some youngsters because of the busy schedule.

Won 29 - Drawn 4 - Lost 5 - For 98 - Ag 26 - GD +72

Johan Elmander of PSg topped the scoring charts with an impressive 33, my top league scorers were Ben Arfa and Benzema both chipping in with 21.

Luis Jiminez had most assists with 22, followed by Ben Arfa on 16.

Luis Jiminez also the highest pass completion % with 89%.

Again Jiminez had the highest Av Rating in the league with 7.78, not bad for someone who cost £3.3m.

French Cup

9th Round vs Besancon - Nice 7-0 win.

10th Round vs Toulouse - 2-2 Draw, went onto win 4-3 on penalties.

11th Round vs Mulhouse - 5-1 win.

Quater Final vs OM - 3-1 win.

Semi Final vs Le Mans - 4-2 win.

Final vs PSG - A very tired squad after competing in Champions League Final just 2 days previously, Elmander scored within the first minute giving PSG the lead, Ben Arfa then took his first chance of the game well to equalise on 3 minutes, After the half time break an inspired substitution by me(if I do say so myself) ment Veloso scored on the 54th minute, youngster John Fleck setting him up (I brought the two of them on at HT), my lead was short lived however with Cchaars bagging a goal for himself in the 63rd minute, Benzema was having a quite game and I was contemplating subbing him off, but then on the 67th minute he pounced on a misdirected pass and cooly finished, the game was drawing to an end when that pesky Elmander scored his second on the 85th minute, it looked like it was going to extra time when in the final minute of injury time Benzema smashed in a freekick in what turned out to be the last kick of the game, we'd won 4-3.

Coupe De La Ligue

4th Round vs Toulouse - 2-0 win.

Quater Final vs Some team with a long name - 2-0 win.

Semi Final vs Fc Sochaux - 2-0 Win

Final vs PSG - 1-0 loss - Elmander scoring the goal, they only had 2 shots all game, where as I had 12, poor finishing cost us the cup.

Champions Trophy

Vs Le Mans - A comfortable 3-0 win, goals from Ben Arfa, Squillaci and Benzema.

Champions League

Group D - Lyon, Roma, FC Twente and Porto.

vs FC Twente (a) - 3-0 win.

vs Roma (h) - 4-1 win.

vs Porto (a) - 2-1 win.

vs Porto (h) 5-2 win.

vs FC Twente (h) - 4-3 win.

vs Roma (a) - 1-2 loss.

First Knockout Round

vs Dinamo Kiev (a) - 2-1 win

vs Dinamo kiev (h) - 5-3 win - Agg 7-4

Quater Final

vs Liverpool (a) - 2-0 win.

vs Liverpool (h) - 3-0 win.

Semi Final

vs AC Milan (h) - 4-0 win.

vs AC Milan (a) - 0-2 loss.

Final vs Barcelona

I'm bored of writing now, we won 4-2, 2 from Benzema, one from Ben Arfa and one in the last minute from Keita from inside his own half, when Valdes went up for a corner.

Hope this wasn't too boring for you all!

Liam

Wow mate, two seasons i a weekend thats what i call some serious game time.

Anyway great season, winning everything except the league cup.

Great individual records.

Beating Barca in the final. Nothing more beautiful against such a big team. icon14.gif

Next time I load up FM, I will be starting a Lyon game icon_cool.gif and planning

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Lloris

Clerc Squillaci Samba Grosso

/Reveillere /Sakho /Cris /Mathieu

Bodmer

/Mathieu

Toulalan Juninho

/Kallstrom /Kallstrom

Delgado Ben Arfa

/Menez /Keita

Benzema

/Fred

</pre>

So what you think?

BTW, how much money do you get on 8.0.2

Liam

yeah but it's got me into abit of trouble around 4 of the players wont go lol, no-one wants them at all, I've tried all the usual tricks, can't even give them away, wont terminate contracts either, so theres around £10m worth of players in my reserves taking up wages that I want :@:@

Liam

Loan them out for half a season, call them back the last day of december and offer them around in january. This should work mate.

Jonah

I knew you couldn't resist. icon_wink.gif

There is no need to buy anybody else imo.

Did you sell anyone? Could you put up a screen of your transfers? thx

purefun

Yeah cheers, I've sent them out on loan and theyre playing so hopefully when I recall them they'll attract some intrest, mad a nice profit off of the rest though, for some reason there value pretty much doubled when they signed for me,

Since moving into OL Land I've noticed a massive boost in Finances, making a cool £3.5m profit for two months running now.

just started, bout breno and vela for the end of season, also bought kewel from liverpool for 1 mill. defence needs working on, will need some better mids soon. play a 4-4-2 formation with attacking wingers, use benzema more than kieta. got de guzman and downing coming at end of season,m working on getting bojan. everything looking gd, just won against inter 3-1(really lucky lol) top of table, just lol. but apart from that looking gdicon_biggrin.gif great team, just started 1 week ago, from being man u for ages, nice change

Originally posted by JC92:

Hey all.

I have decided to start a save with Lyon but i have little or no idea about the french league! So who would you reccomend i buy and sell and what good youth should i buy?

Original game or 8.01 or 8.02!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Original game or 8.01 or 8.02!!!!

Oh sorry 8.02 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Welcome mate and good luck.

GK : actually you don't need anyone here. Vercoutre is good enough till Coupet returns. You could buy Costil as he is cheap and turns out class. Just loan him out for the season.

Defence : needs a lot of strengthening because of longterm injuries. Samba is cheap and good, Felipe from Udinese is also needed, Zapater is also an option. Matthieu for the left is great.

Midfield : no need to reinforce except maybe a dm Makoun, Flamini, Veloso, Biglia are all great.

Strikers : this depends if your playing with two upfront or just one. Benzema is godlike and Fred has been toned down like there is now tomorrow but he can still do something though. Gignac, Briand, Grax are french and good.

Sell Roux, Muller and maybe Delgado but you need a replacement than.

The rest of your money buy all the usual youngsters esp. the french ones.

Hey all.

I have decided to start a save with Lyon but i have little or no idea about the french league! So who would you reccomend i buy and sell and what good youth should i buy?

Hi mate, good choice to have a Lyon game, very good, theres probably a few that are more helpful than me but I'll do my best,

Will need to know what patch your using and whether the board will give you more funds, if they do that gives you around £30m to spend.

GK's - Your best Goalkeeper, Coupet is out injured for quite a while, but Vercoutre is more than capable of filling in really.

Defence - A couple of injuries here, so best to bring in a new CB to play alongside Squillaci (who is brill), I think most people go for Samba, I did, he's good and dirt cheap to buy, plus he doesn't count as a foreign player (Africans don't in this league).

Clerc is a top quality RB and with reveillere as back up your fine here,

Grosso is another top quality player in the team (theres lots of them) but the back up is not too good, again someone that alot of people reccomend is Jeremy Mathieu, he's a good back up and is versatile to play as DM if needed, and not too pricey around £4m.

Midfield - Strongest bit in the side I believe, you don't really need to bring anyone in,

Ben Arfa is one of the best in the game.

Keita is quality aswell,

Bodmer yet again is brilliant

And Kallstrom is very good,

Toulalan another very good player.

All depends on your formation, Juninho is good although aging,

I usually sell Govou as he doesnt get a place and is paid too much for a back up, a tip I picked up was to give him a new contract first, so he hasnt got his minimum release clause, then can sell for more.

Another I usually sell is Delgado, no real reason behind it other than I like to buy Jeremy Menez, although I'm sure others may keep him.

Strikers - Youv'e got Benzema who is World Class, Hold onto him he'll score game in and game out, Fred depends on which patch your using, on original he was loads better but on the latest he's still very good, however he's out iinjured for a few months so a cheap back up, who is very good despite his stats not being the best is S.Grax, will only cost just over a million.

Youth Players - Youve got a RB that will be brill, by the looks of a SS i've seen Azbenoar(I think)

Then these will also be cheap/free to buy 1st season and after a few seasons be great.

Sakho

Saivet

Sankhare

Wijnaldum

Iago

Thiago

Fleck

Toni Kroos

Luis Jiminez - Brilliant used him 2nd season onwards, brought for £3.3 m was attracting silly money off all the big clubs, amazing player

Remy Riou and Costil become good GK's too

Lloris will be ace, was my 1st choice however not needed and will cost £10m

Nordtveit

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head,

Good luck with it mate!

Archived