The old firm in the premiership

mckissock

Just before i start note i have used the editor to make the teams up to date as of july 9th with most big transfers.

The old firm have been accepted into the premiership at the expense of Fulham and Portsmouth, Alex McLeish resigns as manager of Rangers as he cannot handle the pressure of such a big task. The task much to the shock of everyone is handed to up and coming star Andrew McKissock. McKissock's first few additions to the team are focused on youth signing two young greeks from Panathinaikos followed by Hatem Ben Arfa of Lyon and hibs triple Steven Whittaker, Scott Brown and Derek Riordan who are quickly farmed out on loan whittaker and Riordan to leeds along with first team reject Peter Lovenkrands and brown to Sheff Wed. As the transfers in mount up 3 depart much to everyones discontent including the managers, fernando rickson leaves for Strasbourg along with Marvin Andrews and Alex Rae leaves for Sunderland. 2

Just before i start note i have used the editor to make the teams up to date as of july 9th with most big transfers.

The old firm have been accepted into the premiership at the expense of Fulham and Portsmouth, Alex McLeish resigns as manager of Rangers as he cannot handle the pressure of such a big task. The task much to the shock of everyone is handed to up and coming star Andrew McKissock. McKissock's first few additions to the team are focused on youth signing two young greeks from Panathinaikos followed by Hatem Ben Arfa of Lyon and hibs triple Steven Whittaker, Scott Brown and Derek Riordan who are quickly farmed out on loan whittaker and Riordan to leeds along with first team reject Peter Lovenkrands and brown to Sheff Wed. As the transfers in mount up 3 depart much to everyones discontent including the managers, fernando rickson leaves for Strasbourg along with Marvin Andrews and Alex Rae leaves for Sunderland. 2

2 big coups for Rangers included the loan captures of Alan Smith and Kieran Richardson both of whom are expected to make huge contributions to Rangers assault on the prem. 3 more youth players arrive as do Tavlaridis from Lille, Renato, Huszti, Zat Knight, Gary O'Neil and Craig Gordon. Also departed are bob malcolm, Ronald Wattereus, Allan McGregor and the the possiblity of recently signed Jose FanFan leaving for a 6million fee.

The opening day of the season they dont get much bigger - Rangers vs Celtic

McKissock was confident while the penny pinching continued at Celtic, Rangers had bolstered their squad and the confidence rubbed off on the squad.

Rangers 5-0 Celtic - Ibrox.

Rangers romped to a 5-0 win in emphatic style

Goals - Buffel, Novo, Prso (2), Huszti

Injuries - Richardson, Smith

MoM - Prso (10)

Gers Face tough away test to Man City

Rangers travelled to the city of Manchester stadium in high spirits after the thrashing of arch rivals Celtic

Man City 0-2 Rangers - City Of Manchester.

Goals - Prso, Nieto

Injuries -

MoM - Buffel (9)

Rangers add big name to squad.

Rangers uveil signing Juan Sebo Veron at a cut price deal due to the players transfer listed status.

Daily Record - Will Veron walk into your first team?

McKissock - No, despite his reputation he has yet to prove he deserves a place in my starting 11, Barry Ferguson is an automatic starter and young Renato has been immense in the opening games and will be hard to displace at the moment.

Daily Record - You seem to have a few more targets lined up, are you within budget to make moves for these targets?

McKissock - Playing in the premiership has its advantages, one of them is money, the other is reputation, Rangers were a huge club before they came to England, however now that we play in the premiership we have the funds and the quality of football to attract the type of player we are looking for.

Daily Record - Where are you looking to strengthen?

McKissock - Up front, without a doubt, we need another striker, we do have younsters on loan but we need another top striker with a proven record.

Daily Record - Could you confirm any targets?

McKissock - Not just now, believe me when we have something you will be quickly informed. Thank you.

Comfortable Victory at Ibrox

Rangers ease past fellow Premiership new boys West Ham.

Rangers 3-0 West Ham

Goals - Renato (2), Prso

Injuries -

MoM - Kieran Richardson (9)

Veron made his debut as a substitute as young Renato again proved he had a valid case to play ahead of Veron in the starting 11.

Rangers suffer late set back

Rangers suffered from a late equaliser from Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink (MoM) as they squandered a 3-1 lead at the riverside to drop from 1st to 3rd. Alan Smith a second half sub had opened the 3-1 gap for Rangers and then missed a whole host of chances which could have put the game beyond Middlesbourgh but a goal from Mark Viduka (ex-celt) and a late equaliser from Hsselbaink gave Middlesbourgh a point which they totally deserved.

Middlesbourgh 3-3 Rangers

Goals - Prso, Nieto, Smith

Injuries - Huszti, Prso

MoM - Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Transfer Update at Ibrox

Rangers have confirmed that a work permit is being applied for for Brazilian wonderkid, Robinho which seems to solve any problems in the striking department they are also in talks with young released Roma striker Alesio Cerci, Simone Padoin of Vicenza, Billy Jones of Crewe and Arnold Kruiswijk of Groningen. Player on the way out are, Dragan Mladenovic and Gavin Rae (both ajax) for a combined fee of 5m and Zurab Khizanishvili to Roma for a fee of 1.5m.

When asked about the new signings and whether players felt any threat this is what the players seemingly most effected said -

Alan Smith - I do feel a little threatend by Robinho, i havent been scoring many of late and if i dont work hard i may be out the team.

Steven Thompson - I fear for my future at the club now as i have fallen well down the pecking order and have yet to play a game this season.

Nacho Novo - Slightly, i have been on the bench recently but i must remember that the players ahead of me are doing a good job and i must work very hard to gain my place in the team.

Brazilian clinches permit and move to Gers

Brazilian wonderkid Robinho signs for Rangers in a tremendous coup for the Glasgow outfit. Speaking exclusively to the daily record he expressed his delight at the transfer -

Robinho - I am very pleased to be at Rangers, it is a huge club with massive potential and i am here to help them fulfil that potential.

Daily Record - Could you not have moved to a bigger club as the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and even Real Madrid were sniffing around?

Robinho - That is true, they were all interested but none of them came up with anything concrete and kept my waiting, while Rangers came in with an imprssive deal and i knew i couldn't refuse.

This deal comes just days before a match against Arsenal and Rangers fans will be hoping that Robinho can make an impact along with Robinho arrives the much expected signings of Simone Padoin and Billy Jones and behind the scenes Rangers are adding a big list of high profile names to their youth team books. Meanwhile Rangers midfielder Dragan Mladenovic has in the past few days rejected a move to Ajax and is now Athletico Madrid bound. The serbian felt a move to Dutch football was a step down and wanted to continue at a high level.

UEFA Cup 1st round - Dinamo Buc. vs Rangers has just been drawn.

Robinho Deal hits snag.

Brazilian wonderkid will now not be joining Rangers this season, the starlets family wanted him to stay on in Brazil this season and it now appears the deal has been signed and sealed for Robinho to join on the 1st of July 2005 which comes as a mega dissapointment to Gers fans on the dawn of their top of the table clash with Arsenal at Ibrox.

Rangers re-claim top spot after flat match

Rangers re-claimed top spot after one week off it. In what was a very flat match Rangers pulled off a great victory but it wasn't a match which lived up to its anticipation. Until Gilberto's 82min goal the game was flat and scrappy as Rangers went ahead through Thomas Buffel and doubled their lead through Juan Sebo Veron, two player picked up slight knocks as Simone Padoin made his debut as a sub.

Rangers 2-1 Arsenal - Ibrox

Goals - Buffel, Veron

Injuries - Hutton, Ferguson

MoM - Jens Lehmann

Juve clinch FanFan signing

Juventus have clinched the signing of Jose FanFan, after two months at Rangers. FanFan who arrived on a free was widely regarded as the new replacement for Jean-Alain Boumsong, an opinion which has been confirmed as he is the second frenchman in a year to have used Rangers as a stepping stone and moved to a bigger club for a good profit, this time of 6m compared to Boumsongs 8m move to Newcastle who can no longer be regarded as playing at a higher level.

The Penny Pinching Continues....

Despite the millions upon millions gained by Celtic for playin in the lucrative Premiership Celtic continue to make signatures which must bore the fans to tears the latest is Andreas Schmidt from Hertha for 250k. Celtic have also signed Brochi from Milan for 800k, Mathew taylor from Portsmouth 325k, Claus Jensen from Fulham 375k, Jens Nowotny from Leverkusen for 325k and Roddy Mckenzie from Livingstone for a mere 80k. Celtic who are not suprisingly 19th in the premiership show contrasting fortunes to Rangers in more than one way as Rangers continue to spend (latest rumour Fernando Torres 35mil, declares intrest in move to Ibrox) they continue to boost their reputation and their league standing. Celtic have yet to spend 1m or more on a single player and the lack of money being invested is driving Celtic fans mad will this continue? if so Celtic will almost certainly be playing Championship Football next season.

Torres arrives, Thompson on his way

Fernando Torres has arrvied at Ibrox on deadline day along with youngster Alesio Cerci, upon their arrival Stevn Thompson declared that he was defiant about his place and felt that he couls still force his way into the squad however he felt he wasn't recieving any support from his manager and that he was being forced out the squad by all these new additions. McKissock replied strongly and told Thompson that if he could not accept competition he was on his way out, Thompson was later transfer and loan listed, as was Nacho Novo who has failed to make his presence felt on the Rangers line up. McKissock also said that if he went on loan and proved himself Thompson, and Novo would be given a shot at 1st team at some point this season. This fiasco has overshadowed one of the biggest signings in the clubs history, certainly the most expensive.

Awards

This months awards sees Rangers manager Andrew McKissock recieve runner up in Manager Of The Month award, a similar position for Thomas Buffel in player of the month and Kieran Richardson recieved 3rd place in Young Player of The Month.

Loan deals for disgruntled strikers

Disgruntled Rangers strikers Steven Thompson and Nacho Novo have both been loaned out to championship sides, Thompson heads to Sheffield United while Novo heads for Molineaux and Wolves. Thompson did make an apology to his manager for his outburst but McKissock while accpeting the apology and warning Thompson still decided it was best to have them loaned out for 3 months.

Rangers scrape away win at ST Andrews

Rangers pulled off a shakey win away to Birmingham at St Andrews, the only goal of the game was scored by Juan Sebo Veron as Birmingham came on stronger as the match went on, their attempts to win were not helped by the fact that mikael forssel was injured in the early stages of the match, despite that Heskey partnered Pandiani upfront and still the chances were squandered as Stefan Klos recieved a well deserved man of the match.

Birmingham 0-1 Rangers

Goals - Veron

Injuries -

MoM - Stefan Klos

In-experienced Gers win 3-0

A largely in-experienced Rangers side won 3-0 against dinamo tonight with easy, Alan Smith was the stand out scoring twice after federico nieto opened the scoring, Smith should have had a hatrick late on but missed a sitter, dinamo are all but out of the UEFA cup now after Rangers youngsters performed Magnificantly.

Dinamo Buc. 0-3 Rangers

Goals - Nieto, Smith (2)

Injuries -

MoM - Nieto

Rangers make Bridge enquiry

Rangers have made an enquiry about Chelsea left back Wayne Bridge, Bridge has been displaced by Asier Del Horno at left back this season managing only one sub appearance and is said to be frustrated at lack of first team oppertunities.

Premiership

pld won drn lst pts

1st Tottenham 7 6 1 0 19

2nd Arsenal 7 6 0 1 18

3rd Rangers 6 5 1 0 16

4th Man Utd 7 5 1 1 16

-------------------------------------

18th Wigan 7 0 2 5 2

19th Celtic 7 0 1 6 1

20th Sunderland 7 0 0 7 0

Easy Victory for Gers

Rangers eased past bottom of the league Sunderland with a comfortable 2-0 win at the stadium of light. Thomas Buffel opened the scoring in the 20th minute and 15 minutes later Ian Murray opened his scoring account with the Ibrox side. Sunderlands best chance came as Stefan Klos hammered a kick off Bridges and it looped over the keeper but to save his blushes he collected it on the goal-line.

Sunderland 0-2 Rangers - Stadium Of Light Att- 48235

Goals - Buffel, Murray

Injuries -

MoM - Buffel (9)

Gers ease through with 6-0 agg win

Rangers eased past Dinamo Buc. (6) 3-0 (0) win on the night a repeat score and performance from the previous leg. Alan Smith again opened the scoring as Rangers handed debuts to Craig Gordon (GK) and Loan star Leo Messi (AM LC). Rangers were never under pressure at all and whenever Gordon was called upon he delt with the situtation with ease. Federico Nieto added a double in a match where both he and Smith could have easily scored a hat-trick but the score finished at only 3-0.

Rangers 3-0 Dinamo Buc.- Ibrox Att - 35906

Goals - Smith, Nieto (2)

Injuries -

MoM - Kruiswijk

Group drawn

Rangers have been drawn in group D of the UEFA Cup with Feyenoord, Sevilla, Madiera and Beveren. Rangers should come out top of this group the only real challenge being Sevilla.

No Gers amongst awards!!

No Rangers members of staff or playing squad are amongst the awards this week much to everyones suprise, manager of the month was Arsene Wenger, Young Player was Jermaine Defoe and Player of the month was Patrick viera.

Rangers defeat "Sticky" Toffees

Rangers leaped a potential stumbling block today after beating Everton 2-0 at Ibrox. The game could have gone either way but it was Rangers who took their chances with Fernando Torres scoring twice. The fans were made to wait as Torres scored in 70th minute and even then the game still could have gone to Everton but Torres rapped up the game with a superb finish in the 90th minute.

Rangers on top of the Valley

Rangers defeated Charlton in a high tempo match in which both teams had a large amount of chances. Rangers went ahead when a Torres deflected shot eneded up in the back of the net off Herman Hriedrsson which was quickly followed by a goal from Kieran Richardson. Torres had one ruled out for offside moments later and we had to wait until the 82nd minute as Kevin Lisbie netted for The Addicks but Torres finally got his goal in the 85th as Rangers won 3-1.

Charlton 1-3 Rangers - The Valley Att - 27039

Goals - Hriedrsson (O.G), Richardson, Torres

Injuries -

MoM - Torres (9)

Rangers Vs Man Utd - The Big One

What will more than likely be considered the clash of the season is coming up this weekend - Man Utd vs Rangers at Old Trafford. We had a few words with Gers boss Andrew McKissock.

Daily Record - You have enjoyed a fantastic start to your Rangers career, how do you believe this has happened?

McKissock - I'd be lying if i said it was all down to me but certainly i have had a part to play in it! but the majority of the success has to go down to the players and the board for allowing me the cash to lure these players to Ibrox.

Daily Record - Kieran Richardson is one man whom has been a stand out performer how do you feel you'll cope without him on Sunday?

McKissock - He will be a big loss, he is keeping Peter Lovenkrands out of that position now despite Lovenkrands poor form last season he has picked up at Leeds but we shall see whether he can keep it up. Richardson has been fantastic i can only hope Sir Alex can let him play this weekend as he is a big part of this team.

Daily Record - Speaking of Lovenkrands and players out on Loan who do you feel has made a big impression on you while playing for their clubs?

McKissock - Derek Riordan, also at Leeds, has been fantastic, he has already earned a call up to the national team this month and Steven Thompson has been quite impressive at Sheffield United as has Bajram Fetai back up in Inverness.

Rangers defeat Madeira

Rangers won in what was a lackluster performance against minnows Madeira. Rangers were never troubled and played as well as the needed to to get the job done. In a match where again experience was mixed with youth Alan Smith opened the scoring and Brahim Hemdani scored from the spot after half time.

Rangers 2-0 Madiera - Ibrox Att - 43030

Goals - Smith, Hemdani

Injuries -

MoM - Huszti (9) - Rangers

Rangers come from behind to stun Chelsea

Rangers came from behind to beat Chelsea and sent their title hope down the toilet as they defended like gods against the Chelsea onslaught. Eidur Gudjohnsen put Chelsea 1 ahead after only 10 minutes then Rangers bombarded Chelsea's defence and as half time approached Federico Nieto scored a valuable equaliser and just 6 minutes after the break Thomas Buffel completed the comeback making it 2-1, Stefan Klos (MoM) again produced stunning saves and kept Chelsea's attack at bay as Rangers held on for a priceless victory.

Rangers 2-1 Chelsea - Ibrox Att - 50431

Goals - Nieto, Buffel

Injuries - Lampard - Chelsea

MoM - Klos - Rangers

Honest opinion:

I like the way it's laid out but it's blatantly obvious that you have used the editor to bump up the stats of certain players in the team.

It doesn't make much difference in terms of the story but it does make the challenge of moving from SPL to EPL a lot easier.

Lovenkrands returns

Peter Lovenkrands has returned to Rangers after a 3 month loan spell at Leeds United, during which he played 11 matches scored 3 times and was Man of the Match once. Lovenkrands has since been taken off the transfer list and told that he can stay if he impresses, we asked him what he thought -

Daily Record - Peter how are you feeling after returning to Rangers and being taken off the transfer list?

Lovenkrands - It is a great feeling, i knew i needed to impress after my recent form and i'm glad i have as i want to stay here, it is a great club and i want to help win things here.

Daily Record - Kieran Richardson has been a star for Rangers this season, do you expect to displace him straight away?

Lovenkrands - No, i do believe i can but not straight away, i want him to learn from me in training to help him further his career, i'd also like to learn a few things from him and i'm sure that with both of us competing for the left side Rangers will be able to be at their best with which ever one of us plays.

Rangers thump Sheffield Utd in 3rd round

Rangers thrashed Sheff Utd at Ibrox as Peter Lovenkrands marked his return to the Rangers line up with a goal and an assist and MoM award. Rangers went ahead through a Tavlaridis header just 5 minutes before half time, Lovenkrands scored just after the restart and Fernando Torres added 2 of his own late on. Steven Thompson was ineligable for this match for Sheff Utd.

Rangers 4-0 Sheff Utd - Ibrox Att - 35747

Goals - Tavlaridis, Lovenkrands, Torres (2)

Injuries - Jagielka - Sheff Utd

MoM - Peter Lovenkrands (9) - Rangers

Rangers drop points away at Ewood

Rangers dropped points to Blackburn away from home. Kieran Richardson fired the Gers ahead and showed he wasnt about to give his place up to a rejuvinated Peter Lovenkrands but as the game went on Rangers fell further and further under pressure and Stefan Klos was called upon to do a massive task of keeping Blackburn out but at the hour mark Paul Gallagher (Celtic Fan)headed home a leveler, Rangers tried to press but couldnt convert any chances that came their way.

Blackburn 1-1 Rangers - Ewood Att 31319

Goals - Richardson

Injuries -

MoM - Klos (10) - Rangers

Rangers earn draw in Seville

Rangers first came from behind against Sevilla to level and then took the lead before squandering it. Sevilla took the lead early on through Renato but Rangers leveled through their own Renato. Kieran Richardson scored to make it 2 in 2 for the left winger to put the Gers 2-1 ahead and it wasnt until the second half when Renato scored again for Sevilla. A draw was certainly the right result for this match.

Sevilla 2-2 Rangers

Goals - Renato, Richardson

Injuries - Baptista - Sevilla

MoM - Renato (9) - Sevilla

Rangers Seal Permanent Deal For Richardson

Rangers yesterday secured a permanent deal for on Loan winger Kieran Richardson and are working hard to secure a deal for Alan Smith. The deal thought to be around 15m will go through on July 1st.

3 goals in 7 mins crush West Brom

Rangers scored 3 goals in 7 minutes as they thrashed West Brom 5-0. 4 goals came in the firsy half as Nieto opened the scoring in the 7th min 2 minutes later Fernando Torres netted a penalty and 5 minutes later Barry Ferguson scored a close range shot. Kieran Richardson dazzled the crowed with tricks and mazy runs and he set up Verons header for the 4th just 7 mins before half time. It wasn't until the 83rd minute when Alan Smith completed the rout with a long ranged thunderbolt.

Rangers 5-0 West Brom - Ibrox Att 46177

Goals - Nieto, Torres (Pen), Ferguson, Veron, Smith

Injuries -

MoM - Huszti - Rangers

Youngsters Return

Derek Riordan, Scott Brown and Steven Whittaker have all returned from loan spells, Riordan scored 7 in 13 for Leeds, whittaker recieved 3 man of the matches for great defensive performances and Brown made 7 assists in 10 matches. These impressive performances have all but sealed Nacho Novo and Steven Thompsons fate as they have both slipped in form.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fergusdacat7:

I notice you haven't given my comments any time of day. Is that because you think i'm out of order or is it because you know i'm right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with your comments, whole-heartedly! Decent story, but I smell something...

There is no chance that Torres or Robinho would sign for Rangers!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fergusdacat7:

Honest opinion:

I like the way it's laid out but it's blatantly obvious that you have used the editor to bump up the stats of certain players in the team.

It doesn't make much difference in terms of the story but it does make the challenge of moving from SPL to EPL a lot easier. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well if that is how you percieve it fair enough but i have not, obviously players such as bob malcolm would not be able to cope in the premiership and that is why i dont play players of his ability level but playing in the prem does have its financial bonuses and i did give Rangers a 20million boost adding to this total is easy as the increased rep of the premiership boosts the value of my players enabling me to rake in more cash to buy better players there fore allowing me a better assault on the premiership all i am working with is the latest patch, 2 moved teams and a 20 million budget in a league with a bigger rep.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by URZ- ReAdInG fC:

I notice you haven't given my comments any time of day. Is that because you think i'm out of order or is it because you know i'm right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with your comments, whole-heartedly! Decent story, but I smell something...

There is no chance that Torres or Robinho would sign for Rangers! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Increased rep, premiership clubs, would you expect someone like thomas helveg a good part of an inter milan champions league team to switch to a team of norwich's calibre? if a player sees a club going places he will move there. Obviously helveg was mistaken...

I do have a life outside these forums

before i sound to aggresive or insultive i do appreciate that u like the way it is set out its just annoying that im being criticised for doing a good job!! and i can understand that it seems i have used an editor to boost my players endlessly because of my position and results but the fact is i havent.

Archived