[FM11] Only Mad Dogs and Englishmen...

AK22

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's ok, they start back in the Championship in FM12! :D

I do wonder if Cotterill's appointment makes it into the first patch though...

It better or I can see Schteve Mclaren taking us down in a lot of peoples saves :(.

Haha, I've been there too. All my passwords are saved to my browser history, which is great for instance access, but a bugger when I need to remember them! :D

Fingers crossed the add/remove feature works well. I'll probably still load up a bucket full of leagues to start with, and then remove the ones I no longer need or want as I progress through the save. I'm also looking at the possibility of starting at England Level 8, but this will depend on how quickly uncle ron can produce his FM12 expansion files.

I've had changes to my email stopping me from being able to retrieve as well over the years, and lost my previous account only last week :p

I'm thinking of loading several European leagues and then when I'm finished with that removing them all (except England) and loading another continent.

It better or I can see Schteve Mclaren taking us down in a lot of peoples saves :(.

From what I've read, there was no data update at the first patch. So it looks like Schteve's still the man... (unless you use the editor!)

I've had changes to my email stopping me from being able to retrieve as well over the years, and lost my previous account only last week :p

I'm thinking of loading several European leagues and then when I'm finished with that removing them all (except England) and loading another continent.

I expect I'll do something similar once I can get the game activated. I'll definitely be looking to start in Europe and then spread my wings further afield later on.

Epic ending, those seasons live on in the memory, sometimes.

I think it was the closest finish to any season in this save so far. Really keeps you interested right up to final game :thup:

I think FM12 will be good for longterm saves too. The add/remove fature will definitely give careers like this more opportunities for management all over.

Hopefully so cerud. That's if my home internet ever comes back to life. If not, I'll have to bang out another season on this save over the weekend :thup:

Looks like I'm going to be in a position to start my FM12 save soon. But just before I do, I thought I'd give a mention to this chap, who's just about to retire.

MohammedBenaliProfile_PlayerAttributes.png

MohammedBenaliHistory_CareerStats.png

I was fortunate enough to have him when I was Belgium manager, but never had the opportunity to manage him at club level, even though I did try to sign him before he moved to Chelsea. Definitely the greatest player of the save too, his goalscoring record speaks for itself, and he's also won the Ballon d'Or an incredible six times!

I know the feeling, had a Hungarian at Juve on FM10 who I was so fond of that I took the Hungary job (this after deciding against International management for a while) after I left (as the only way to get past a crash dump point) just so I could manage him again in his final season or 2, and he was still as great as ever. Thats one of the things I love about the game, the attachments

Great Belgians come by once in a blue moon. There is Eddy Merckx and... er... well... Mohammed Benali. :D

:D

True, but the current batch of Belgians have the potential to make a decent fist of it at a major tournament. Vermaelen and Kompany are decent at the back, Fellaini good in midfield, and Hazard and Lukaku are both great prospects. Wouldn't surprise me to see them make the last eight of the next World Cup.

Archived