The Raith Rovers Story.(pipe smokers dream)

wigs7

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE

STARKS PARK , KIRKCALDY

RAITH ROVERS 1 HIBERNIAN 0

A goal in injury time from ADAILTON was enough to give us victory in this dour encounter . Neither side covered themselves in glory , with the match mainly played in the centre of the pitch , there was very little in the way of goalmouth action . It took 29 mins for the first effort on goal , CHAIKA'S header well saved by COLGAN in the visitor's goal . Moments later saw HIBS first chance , but O'NEILL'S long range effort was never likely to threaten the keeper . The midfielder did have a better chance just before half time but his half volley was just wide of the post . The late strike came after a poor throw in by SMITH was intercepted by LOVERING who in turn sent ADAILTON clear and he calmy finished to seal the points .

ATTENDANCE :- 7039 SCORER'S :- ADAILTON 90

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE RESULT'S

ABERDEEN 3 PARTICK THISTLE 0

CELTIC 3 BRECHIN CITY 0

DUNDEE UNITED 2 DUNDEE 1

HEARTS 3 KILMARNOCK 0

MOTHERWELL 0 RANGERS 2

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP C MATCHDAY 4

STARKS PARK , KIRKCALDY

RAITH ROVERS 0 PSV EINDHOVEN 0

Our first point in the tournament but boy were we absolutely hammered . How we managed to keep a clean sheet i will never know , but all credit to the players . If we do manage to qualify for this competition next season a few quality and creative players will be needed if we are to advance . Back to the game and the DUTCH side were in sublime form with ROBBEN , BOUMA and VOGEL all wasting excellent opportunity's . BOUMA was the most unfortunate with his injury time effort rattling the crossbar before spinning over the bar .

ATTENDANCE :- 7606

In the other group game MANCHESTER UNITED beat VALENCIA 3-1 to regain top spot .

RANGERS progress in the Champions League is still in the balance as they are held 1-1 at home by BOAVISTA .

SCOTTISH LEAGUE CUP THIRD ROUND RESULT'S

BERWICK RANGERS 1 PETERHEAD 0

DUNDEE 2 STENHOUSEMUIR 0

DUNDEE UNITED 3 CELTIC 2

EAST FIFE 3 EAST STIRLING 1

HEARTS 3 ROSS COUNTY 0

STRANRAER 3 BRECHIN CITY 2

CELTIC'S defeat to bottom of the table DUNDEE UNITED is the shock of the round , however Third Division's STRANRAER'S victory over BRECHIN CITY runs it very close . Scottish Cup holders EAST FIFE also advance with a comfortable home win over lowly EAST STIRLING .

SCOTTISH LEAGUE CUP QUARTER FINAL DRAW

STRANRAER V DUNDEE

BERWICK RANGERS V EAST FIFE

ST JOHNSTONE OR RANGERS V DUNDEE UNITED

HEARTS V RAITH ROVERS OR KILMARNOCK

IBROX STADIUM , GLASGOW

RANGERS 1 RAITH ROVERS 1

A good if somewhat fortunate point as we hold the Champions on their on patch . After deciding to rest MELLOR , i wrongly decided to try a 4-5-1 formation with ADAILTON up front on his own , RANGERS used this to their advantage . They really should have been more than one ahead at half time and probably would have been had it not of been for BOSNICH . The goal they did get however came from the penalty spot after SMYTH was adjudged to have fouled THOMPSON , with BALL tucking home the spot kick . MAKELELE was withdrawn at half time and replaced with ODONKOR and with it a return to a 4-4-2 . The change almost paid instant dividends with AFFELAY shooting straight at KLOS . More chances kept coming our way and it was no surprise in the 64th min when substitute ODONKOR levelled the scores . ADAILTON picked the ball up just inside the RANGERS half and although brilliantly challenged by KHIZANISHVILI the ball fell to ODONKOR who ran straight at the goal and fired wide past KLOS to seal an excellent point . HUGHES had a late chance to win it for the home side , but his long range effort was easily held by BOSNICH .

ATTENDANCE :- 43062 SCORER'S :- BALL 38(PEN) , ODONKOR 64

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE RESULT'S

ABERDEEN 0 HEARTS 3

DUNDEE 3 MOTHERWELL 0

HIBERNIAN 0 PARTICK THISTLE 1

KILMARNOCK 0 CELTIC 2

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE RESULT

BRECHIN CITY 2 DUNDEE UNITED 1

BRECHIN edge out their tayside rivals to move 5 points clear of them at the bottom of the table . Despite creating most of the chances , the visitors only had an injury time consolation strike from DODDS . MCLAUGHLIN and CROZIER grabbing the vital goals for BRECHIN .

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE MANAGER OF THE MONTH :- ALEX MCLEISH (RANGERS)

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE PLAYER OF THE MONTH :- JOHN HARTSON (CELTIC)

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE YOUNG PLAYER OF THE MONTH :- IBRAHIM AFFELAY (RAITH ROVERS)

• 3 weeks later...

hi folks.well there will be no more of this story as i have lost my game.I had a virus on my system and reformated all drives and while i had thought i had backed everything up on a dvd it now seems the virus has even f**ked that up as well.To say im gutted is a minor statement.Many thanks to all who both read and contributed to making this story.Hope it was worthy of a good read after a rather poor layout from the start.Happy reading and i will try and start a new game up in the near future. CHEERS

Thanks bjorn . Although i struggled in the champions league i really felt i could win the spl .Its not to be though and i might start a new game but without the money this time to see how it pans out . Watch this space . icon_biggrin.gif

Archived