Challenge Kipfizh (March)

Just to give a little more info:

Fulham have basically been put into administration with their financial state.

Man City, that should read 1 for patience (same thing as stated above).

I've decided to run the Premiership and Championship from England, as well as the top leagues from Spain, Italy, Holland, France, Germany and Scotland on a small database. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

Just to give a little more info:

Fulham have basically been put into administration with their financial state.

Man City, that should read 1 for patience (same thing as stated above).

I've decided to run the Premiership and Championship from England, as well as the top leagues from Spain, Italy, Holland, France, Germany and Scotland on a small database. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

After reading some of the earlier attempts I see you can also only do the 'do nothing' option only once as well, so I have changed Sunderland so that Niall Quinn and Roy Keane hate each other at maximum levels. icon14.gif

Results

Set up:

Leagues: English Premiership & Championship and top leagues in France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Scotland & Spain on playable level.

All Premiership games are on full detail.

Small database is being used

Transfer budgets in full for the opening transfer window.

July

July got off to a cracking start as within the first week, Gareth Southgate who had had his rep whacked upto 10,000 left to join PSV on the 10th July 2007, which I think creates a new record for the fastest departure of a manager.

No other managerial movements, with Chelsea the most active in the transfer market as they seek to purchase some quality before the end of the window. They buy Walter Samuel and Antonio Di Natale. In other high profile transfers, Sol Campbell leaves the low rep Pompey to move to Wigan.

Managers Gone: 1 - Southgate

August

A quiet month in terms of managerial movements, but with Man Utd and Chelsea no occupying 2 of the bottom 4 places in the league I am hoping that these teams may get rid of their managers at some point during the season! Arsenal lead the league and it seems that changing their status to semi-pro has had virtually no affect on the team – damn!

September

Again another quiet month, with the only real news being that Arsenal have now won 8 out of 8 and Man Utd and Chelsea are both in the relegation zone still.

October

Again, no more sackings and Arsenal have extended their lead at the top of the table to 8 points with 11 out of 11 wins. Rafa Benitez, Alex Ferguson and Avram Grant are all under-pressure managers though, so hopefully if those 3 get sacked it will produced a knock on effect in the league.

November

See September and October. Arsenal now 15 wins out of 15! Lack of managerial sacking starting to get worrying, the next 2 months will be crucial.

December

Ah ha, success! Early December and the Man Utd and Chelsea board decide that enough is enough and get rid of Fergie and Grant. At the same time, the team with the highest reputation in the game – Derby, decide to get rid of Paul Jewell. Chelsea appoint Javier Aguirre as there new manager and Derby appoint Jose Mourniho as their new boss.

In other news Arsenal drop their first points of the season after losing 1-0 away to Portsmouth. They are still 15 points clear though, with 60 out of a max 63 points so far.

Managers Gone: 4 – Southgate, Ferguson, Grant & Jewell

January

Quiet month again and with no managers worse than ‘stable’, it looks like my attempt maybe faltering. The transfer window was very quiet for English clubs.

February

2 more managerial sackings, but alas no new clubs! Firstly Derby sacked Jose Mourinho, the high rep of Derby not matching the quality of their squad and off he went… to be replaced by Sir Alex Ferguson. Later in February Man Utd sacked their 2nd manager in a season. Werder Bremen manager Thomas Schaaf had taken over from Fergie earlier in the season, but with the lack of players at his disposal due to the global ban against Man Utd players and the lack of purchases in the January window, Man Utd decided to axe their second manager in a season.

In general news, Arsenal has virtually sown up the title, leading by 21 points at the end of Feb from Liverpool – whom it seems ageing their star players has had little effect . Man Utd and Chelsea are still in the reg zone. In the return of the European competitions, Liverpool and Arsenal progressed through to the Quarter Finals of the Champs League, with Man Utd & Chelsea having finished 4th in their groups. Everton, Spurs, Blackburn & Bolton all progressed through the 1st KO Round of the UEFA Cup. Arsenal have won the League Cup after beating Liverpool on penalties after a 1-1 draw.

Managers Gone: 6 - Southgate, Ferguson, Grant, Jewell, Mourinho & Schaaf.

4 different clubs.

March

Chelsea sacked their 2nd manager of the year in the shape of Javier Aguirre. He is replaced with Ottmar Hitzfeld. Victor Fernandez took over as the new Man Utd manager.

Arsenal are crowned champions of the Premier Division with 8 games of the season remaining!

Everton and Spurs progress to the UEFA Cup Q Finals.

Managers Gone: 7 - Southgate, Ferguson, Grant, Jewell, Mourinho, Schaaf & Aguirre

4 different clubs.

April

No more manager sackings this month, although Reading are considering whether to renew Steve Coppell’s contract and Birmingham’s Alex Mcleish job status is insecure.

Arsenal beat Liverpool in the Champs League Q Finals before beating Barcelona 4-1 on agg to go through to set up a game against Real Madrid in the Champs League Final.

Spurs progressed through to the UEFA Cup semis but Everton went out at the Q Final stage.

May

Arsenal win the title with an impressive points haul of 99! Man Utd, Chelsea and Birmingham are relegated to the Championship. On the European front it was heartache for North London as Spurs lost 3-2 to Panathinaikos in the UEFA Cup Final and Arsenal lost 2-1 to Real Madrid in the Champions League Final. Spurs however could find comfort in the fact that they beat Newcastle in the FA Cup so will be back in Europe again next season.

No more manager sackings in May though and time is running out!!!

June

Despite offering promise, no more sackings!

Total Departures: 7 - Southgate, Ferguson, Grant, Jewell, Mourinho, Schaaf & Aguirre.

Total Clubs Involved: 4

What I’ve learnt?

Whilst it’s an achievement to get 2 of the big 4 club managers sacked, it is probably detrimental to absolutely screw those clubs over like I did, as all the other clubs will get a boost as to where they are in the Premiership, thus making it more difficult for the remaining 18 managers to be sacked.

I think if I did it again I could get over 10, but I’ll take the consolation of having the quickest managerial departure in this thread so far.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kipfizh:

Is it possible that the game also removes hatreds that don't make sense, like a player hating his own club? It just seems that it's not having any effect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the game doesn't remove the relationship but that it sadly doesn't pay it too much attention. With my managerial attempt I did notice at the start of the game that Sven (I made him hate Man City and love every other club) had a General Happiness comment of "Isn't sure he's at the right club" or something similiar.

My club attempt seemed to have no effect at all which was frustrating as it was my longest edit of any of the teams.

The only explanation I could think of is that even if they hate their employer/fellow employee's so long as they're getting paid they'll continue on as normal. At least until they get another/better offer elsewhere anyway.

Archived