Into The Future Challenges

Gonna give these a try, starting the burnley one just now, should get through it tonight hopefully.

First game v West ham........4 nil up at half time! Somehow dont think this will last with the dross in the squad!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mea culpa!

Whenever i start a new FM game i reset the squads injury status (to get rid of pre-defined injuries in the database), was on autopilot and did it for this game too. Clearly since this challenge starts mid seasons, the injuries are realistic!

Time to start again!

Hey NF, im gonna give Challenge 1 ago now might take me afew days to get it done tho, dont think ill be doing Challenge 2 just 'cuz 1) Its Derby [insert puking smiley] and 2) Its a 5 year challenge, wont have the time as im doing the Big Euro Challenge too.

I am still doing the first one, after being away for a few days.

Like most i somehow managed to win the first game v West Ham, then had to decide what to do in terms of transfers. It was either add just one or two, which means dealing with the crap squad burnley have but potentially keeping team gelling, or having a massive clear out and bringing in lots of better players, who might not gel.

I went with the clear out. Sold - Lee Grant (£250K), Faubert (£500K), Bianco (£300K) and Jenkins (£1mill). Released Mears and Wallace to free up massive amounts of wages too.

Brought in 10 players, 7 of them on loan with the 3 others being Jadson (Free) Mirante (Free) and Darren Bent for £200K.

After the West Ham game, went on a bad run, losses to Arsenal, Sunderland, Liverpool and Portsmouth with only a draw against Fulham to add to the points total.

Turned it roung with a 5 v 2 Win against west brom, which was followed up by wins against Forest and Cardiff and a draw agaisnt Boro in there too. This took me out of the relegation places with 7 games left! Unfortunately the fixtures get harder after that, just lost to both Man Utd and Everton. Need to pick up 2 wins from the last 5 to stay up i think!

With 11.3 impacting saved games, it clearly ruined my tactic......meaning 4 consecutive losses since my game patched itself ( :( )

In desperation, with 3 games left and 6 pts from safety, i changed tactic to 442 for the game at home to chelsea.................

BurnleyvChelseaSplitView-1.png

Robbie231 Challenge One

The boys worked hard right up to the end of the season but unfortunately we were relegated. I am ruing not signing at least one quality centre back as we seemed to concede a lot of goals from set pieces.

League Table

Fixtures

Games Won: 25 Points

Games Drawn: 4 Points

Beating 11 Points: 10 Points

Total Points: 39 Points

Jambo 98 Challenge One

It was not to be, despite the epic win over chelsea, we went down.

League Table

Fixtures

By my count:

Games Won: 35pts (assuming we dont count cup games, if we do then 50pts)

Games Drawn: 2pts

Beating 10pts : 10pts

League position: 1pt

Total: 48pts (or 63 if we count cup games)

Jambo 98 Challenge One

It was not to be, despite the epic win over chelsea, we went down.

League Table

Fixtures

By my count:

Games Won: 35pts (assuming we dont count cup games, if we do then 50pts)

Games Drawn: 2pts

Beating 10pts : 10pts

League position: 1pt

Total: 48pts (or 63 if we count cup games)

Unlucky Jambo. 48 points just the league counted. Will you be taking part in challenge 2?

Matt P- Challenge 1....

Fixtures

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv277/Mattisskill/BurnleyBurnley_Fixtures.png

League Table

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv277/Mattisskill/EnglishPremierDivisionInformation_LeagueTable-3.png

What can I say? Didn't have too much success, the squad really is terrible and some people have worked some Miracles...

I signed the following players but they didn't save me.

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv277/Mattisskill/BurnleyTransfers_History.png

Think I counted 43 points altogether.

Onto the next challenge!

Challenge Three

Background Information

International football is always seen as the highlight for many a manager. Getting the chance to manage the side to glory in the European Championships is great but what about the World Cup. England are a proud international side and always have high hopes of doing well. We never do though! Now here is your chance to become the hero in your living room, or wherever you play FM.

Eight years ago(2014) England failed to qualify for the World Cup. They also reach a record low of 33rd in the world rankings. Things could have got worse. They didn't. Instead England recovered to not only qualify for the 2018 World Cup but to win it against Holland.

Now this is where your challenge could begin should you accept. England managed to qualify for the 2022 World Cup by coming through a Play-Off. With a squad that only has a few ageing players. Can you lead them to their third World Cup and their second win in two successive competitons.

Your Group

The Points System

Winning the World Cup: 250 points

Finishing as Runner-Up: 125 points

Third Place: 75 points

Fourth Place: 50 points

Winning your Semi-Final: 50 points

Winning your Quarter-Final Game: 20 points

Winning your Second Round Game: 15 points

Winning your Group Stage: 10 points

Getting out of your Group Stage: 5 points

Winning a Game: 5 points

Drawing a Game: 1 point

Go to post 120 for the Challenge Three download :thup:. The game date is the 1st of May 2022. Whilst I know that the World Cup is still a month away. I wanted to give you chance to prepare in your own way. You also have one fixture versus Norway.

Matt P- Challenge 1....

Fixtures

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv277/Mattisskill/BurnleyBurnley_Fixtures.png

League Table

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv277/Mattisskill/EnglishPremierDivisionInformation_LeagueTable-3.png

What can I say? Didn't have too much success, the squad really is terrible and some people have worked some Miracles...

I signed the following players but they didn't save me.

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv277/Mattisskill/BurnleyTransfers_History.png

Think I counted 43 points altogether.

Onto the next challenge!

Unlucky Matt P. Whilst you may not feel you have done that well, you have gone to second in the leaderboard.

Leaderboard

User            Points
Jambo98           48
Matt P            43
robbie231         39
MattSpurs94       34 

From first to last.........

<--------- Depressed :(

:D

I'll get round to doing challenge 2 eventually. The World Cup one I could get done tonight :D

MattSpurs94 - Challenge 3

for f***'s sake:

Fixtures

How can a team that beat Holland 5 - 0 then lose to Ghana 3 - 1?

That's what annoys me. Nothing I did affected it, and yet I still fail miserably. It hates me :D

So, the points total:

Games won: 10 points

Games drawn: 1 points

Got out the group: 5 points

Won the group: 10 points

Total: 26 points

I'm not sure if I get the points for getting out the group and winning the group, but I put then in anyway.

MattSpurs94 - Challenge 3

for f***'s sake:

Fixtures

How can a team that beat Holland 5 - 0 then lose to Ghana 3 - 1?

So, the points total:

Games won: 10 points

Games drawn: 1 points

Got out the group: 5 points

Won the group: 10 points

Total: 26 points

I'm not sure if I get the points for getting out the group and winning the group, but I put then in anyway.

Unlucky. You seem to be completing the short challenges quick :).

I'll get to it eventually. I might do the Big Euro Nation Challenge as well, so it'll take me a while to get it done, especially as it's a 5 season challenge

Cool. No timeframes on them but you can only have one go. I don't see the point in putting timeframes on them as it causes hassle for too many people.

Jamb98 Challenge 3

HAve to say this wasnt too tricky, plenty of great talent to choose from, other than being a touch light in wingers England should have the best squad in the world cup.

Fixtures

By my reckoning thats a full house of 385 pts?

Winning WC - 250

Winning Semi - 50

Winning QF - 20

Winning rnd 2 - 15

Winning grp - 10

Out of group - 5

Winning games - 35

Archived