The 20 Teams and 20 Seasons Challenge/Sign Up (Not like any before) (I think)

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I won the first 3 games of the season, and then teams started beating us. Nothing I could do made any difference. Berbatov spent a good part of the season injured, and he and Robbie Keane both had goal drought.

I think I messed up on transfers somehow. Still puzzled as to why I wasnt sacked thought.

Originally posted by Gilbster:

Well I won the first 3 games of the season, and then teams started beating us. Nothing I could do made any difference. Berbatov spent a good part of the season injured, and he and Robbie Keane both had goal drought.

I think I messed up on transfers somehow. Still puzzled as to why I wasnt sacked thought.

I just lost my first game of the season to Derby icon_rolleyes.gif

i have had no time to do this spurs season as of yet as i've been in hospital all week, got attacked the other day and have been in hospital for 5 days. I could try and do a quick season now but no sure thing that i will finish.

Week 5 - Birmingham City

Good Luck guys, you have until Sunday btw, oh and here is the updated table...

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Position Name Played Points

1 Whitehead 2 32

2 PaulHartman71 4 31

3 Neville46 4 30

4 Weeman27bob 3 20

5 Celtic 08 1 18

6 PoopyPants 1 14

7 Gibster 2 8

8 jimalex 1 7

</pre>

Interestingly while managing Birmingham, I was linked with the Spurs job twice, and I have to say its nice to see the AI getting them almost as low as I did last week.

In the meantime Birmingham seemed like a much nicer club to manage, just probably could have done with more transfer funds.

Transfers

Table

I now offically hate Macs, mine has died on me to many times, I have a PC again icon_biggrin.gif

I can now compete again and continue to reign, nice to see i'm still top even after a 2 game disavantage

Sorry for not posting I have been doing the Challeneges but due to MAC's inability to have any of the data retreived from the hard drive I can't prove it oh well.

How are we managing next?

When is the dead line?

--------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------

1 Whitehead 2 32

2 PaulHartman71 4 31

3 Neville46 5 31

4 Weeman27bob 3 20

5 Celtic 08 1 18

6 PoopyPants 1 14

7 Gibster 3 14

8 jimalex 1 7

</pre>

Don't know how you managed to do that badly Neville46 icon_biggrin.gif

Current table following week 5

1 Whitehead 3 46

2 PaulHartman71 4 31

3 Neville46 5 31

4 Weeman27bob 3 20

5 Celtic 08 1 18

6 PoopyPants 1 14

7 Gibster 3 14

8 jimalex 1 7

</pre>

Teams Done -

Bolton

Hearts

Sunderland

Tottenham

Birmingham

I thin if we do it for FM09, it should be a randomised team if you get me, so basically - Paul goes onto FM with a few leagues loaded and click random, if its an international team click again till you have a league side and just do it liek that rather than all premier league/in the premier league.

But its up to Paul i know i'd be up for it

I know i would enjoy this, as I rarely venture from top countries such as England, France, Germany, Italy and Spain. With the odd expection of trying out russia, portugal, brazil and mexico once or twice. Think playing in lots of league also means you don't just keep buying the same players. As in the premierleague depending on how high I think i can get the team depends on who I try and bring in.

Yet place me in Poland i would be like a lost sheep in the arctic, and I would like to see how i got on.

The other opition could be to create and Ultimate league, for some fun after we have done this, if 09 still isnt out. The idea of having all the worlds elite in one league.

I've been far too addicted to my Hobro save for one of Gundo's challenges, to tear myself away to do a season at Derby.

Keep finding doing each season on this challenge that its the same players that want to join, or that my scouts find, and that I dont have the funds to sign the players I want ever!

I no i'm not in this actual sign up but I have really enjoyed reading the results over the past month and I can't wait for a simular sign up so MR HARTMAN71 unless you are actually amreican or your nation are representing in the euro's please can you instruct everyone to get there act together or suggest a restart with new entry's.(I beleive canvey may be interested in starting/taking over) and yes I also understand people may have work/school etc but 5 days is while.

P.S. don't mean to cause any offence from this message so sorry if i've ruffled a few feathers.

Archived