Troubled Visions- Faramir's Dream (Lord of the Rings Challenge)

Faramir

Arbroath (1) Hearts (0)

Arbroath- Joe Osei-Kuffour 86

Hearts- None

MOM- Martin Taylor, Hearts

"Clutch goal that time," observed Barry Gond.

"Joe (Osei-Kuffour) made a very nice shot on that one. We needed the win, so it was a very big goal. They really made it tough on us."

"You're right on that- our midfield couldn't get going. I am not sure whether it was more their defense or the fact that the pitch was so muddy in the downpour."

"Good news for a change?"

"What is that?" asked Gond.

"Angelo (Schembri) is done with his rehabilitation and should be ready to play for our next match. Also Chris (Thompson) is back in light training."

"It will be great to have Angelo back in the lineup."

Dundee United (3) Arbroath (2)

Dundee United- Jody Morris 11 Scott McDonald 37 Tobias Grahn 71

Arbroath- Matt Heath 47 James Coppinger 73

MOM- James Coppinger, Arbroath

"5 shots- 3 goals. Jamie is back to being very inconsistent," observed a disappointed Gond.

"He played bad, he knows it. It was another match we could have had a better result in."

Dundee United Tips Former Manager

by Sammy Gohl

Dundee United gave a nice account of themselves as they rolled past struggling Arbroath in a 3-2 win. Despite the score, Dundee United controlled much of the match and made their home fans happy with the performance.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"You can't be serious," said Gond in awe.

"Of course I am serious. We may not be able to keep him long with that min fee release- but it is worth it for this season's stretch drive..."

"Word must be out about it- look at the fans out there!"

Stunner! Anelka & Arbroath!

Arbroath announced the stunning transfer purchase of unhappy Nicolas Anelka from Sunderland for 800K. Anelka, whose contract was close to expiring, had not won a place on Sunderland's regular starters and wanted to move to someplace that would guarantee playing time. Arbroath, with injury problems up front again and inconsistent work from its healthy forwards appeared to be a perfect fit. Anelka and Arbroath management were both candid about the fact that this alliance may be temporary, but both welcomed it as mutually beneficial.

Aberdeen (1) Arbroath (3) Scottish Cup 3rd round

Aberdeen- Charlie Hodges 14

Arbroath- Stephen Whalen 5 Mike Zonneveld 62-P Nicolas Anelka 77

MOM- Nicolas Anelka, Arbroath

"So that's what a class forward looks like!" grinned Barry Gond.

"Our forwards are good, but we didn't have anyone close to being in his class. Let's just hope he stays happy with all the playing time he will get for the rest of this season."

"I forgot to tell you, I heard that Sammy is so steamed that we were able to land Anelka- and for how little we landed him. We apparently ruined another one of his special pieces that he was writing about us. Knocking off the current SPL leaders in their park was something he didn't want to highlight."

Arbroath (1) Inverness Caledonian Thistle (1)

Arbroath- Nicolas Anelka 90

ICT- Angelo Schembri 70-Own Goal

"You realize in only two matches, his myth has suddenly reached epic proportions," smiled Gond.

"They might forget the fact that he missed two other goals that he should have scored, still it was a dramatic equalizer when everyone was certain time was running out on a loss."

"We outshot them 18-2. We deserved better."

"Still, at least we split the points."

"The Board isn't happy," stated Gond.

"I don't care if they are. Darius challenged your authority in practice. He isn't staying on a club I manage doing something like that."

Vassell Vacates Arbroath

Darius Vassell, who had finally tasted some senior side time at Arbroath, was released today. Vassell apparently had an altercation with Assistant Manager Barry Gond during training yesterday after declaring he would leave on Bosman. He was almost immediately released by Arbroath Manager Faramir for the altercation.

Hibs (1) Arbroath (1)

Hibs- James Scowcroft 57

Arbroath- Gareth Munro 51

MOM- Tarek El-Said, Hibs

"A lot of discussion why Anelka wasn't starting," mentioned Gond.

"He wasn't physically ready. I told Nicolas when he came over that he would start every match that I thought he was fit for. He wasn't fit enough for this one- so he doesn't start. Simple as that."

"We should have won it anyway without him- losing that goal on offsides call hurt badly."

"It was a solid match, they played better than us overall and the 1-1 draw was a fair result."

Arbroath (4) Dundee (3)

Arbroath- Stephen Whalen 17 Nicolas Anelka 18 Peter Wolf 42 Robin Gibson 82

Dundee- Juan Sara 25,90 Mark McCormick 81-P

MOM- Stephen Whalen, Arbroath

"Good thing we outscored them," remarked Gond.

"Well, that is one way to avoid losing to the referee. After he waived off Chris Thompson's goal and then handed them a disputed penalty kick, I was wondering if the match would end before he would quit interfering with our chances to win."

"We were fortunate our midfield played as well as they did, the backline was only average today."

Hibs (1) Arbroath (3) League Cup Semifinal

Hibs- Dimitris Mavrogennidis 27

Arbroath- Nicolas Anelka 39 Chris Thompson 49 Peter Wolf 72

MOM- Stephen Whalen, Arbroath

"We will get to face Aberdeen in the finals- the score just went up that they beat Dundee United 1-0," said Gond over his shoulder from watching the telly.

"Not too surprising that we will see them again. This match could have been more lopsided if we could have capitalized on our chances- we outshot them 21-5."

"Still, we did plenty fine in getting enough goals to win and in playing stingy defense."

Berwick (1) Arbroath (2) Scottish Cup 4th round

Brechin- James Ferrie 24

Arbroath- Gareth Munro 55 Paul Keegan 90

MOM- Gareth Munro, Arbroath

"Paul (Keegan) picked a very opportune time to score his 1st goal for us," chuckled Gond.

"Did you see his face after he scored? That is the kind of feeling I wish I could bottle for some of the down times in this job," wistfully said Faramir.

"It wasn't really our best effort."

"But, it was good enough to win."

Rangers (2) Arbroath (2)

Rangers- Craig Weir 45 Tommy Smith 56

Arbroath- Nicolas Anelka 32 James Coppinger 89

"A very tough match," stated a tired Gond.

"Evenly matched to be certain. Up until Coppy's equalizer- Klos had been a little sharper than Jamie (Langfield) in net, but both clubs played well. It was a fair result."

"'Gers wanted this one badly. With the draw and Aberdeen's win, Aberdeen is back within two points of 'Gers for top spot."

"We will have to settle for battling for 3rd against Hearts and Hibs."

Arbroath (3) Aberdeen (3)

Arbroath- Nicolas Anelka 36 Stephen Whalen 66 James Coppinger 71

Aberdeen- Marvin Andrews 21 Hicham Zerouali 48 Robbie Winters 62

"Another match that we could have won," said a frustrated Gond.

"Lots of ways to look at it. We could have won if the ref hadn't ruled off Whalen's first score on a bad judgement that Angelo (Schembri) handled the ball. We could have won if our backline had given Jamie (Langfield) more help when they scored those two second half goals. Still, I was pleased we rallied from two goals (and a bad call) down to come back and earn the 3-3 draw."

"I am sure the 'Gers liked it too- they slaughtered Hearts 5-1 at Tynecastle Park and are back to a 4 point lead over Aberdeen."

Arbroath (5) Ayr (0) Scottish Cup 5th round

Arbroath- Peter Wolf 19,22 Nicolas Anelka 41 Chris Thompson 61 Stephen Whalen 71

Ayr- None

MOM- Peter Wolf, Arbroath

"That was very convincing- we played a terrific match against them," cherrily commented Gond.

"It was one of our best offensive showings of the year. If not for some good work by their keeper, we could have had several more goals as well."

"We were somewhat fortunate in the draw- we drew Airdrie in the Semifinals. If 'Gers and Celtic both win their replays as expected- they will face off in the other Semifinal.

Arbroath (2) Aberdeen (3) League Cup Final

Arbroath- Chris Thompson 8 Nicolas Anelka 10

Aberdeen- Hicham Zerouali 38 Michael Stewart 56,90-P

MOM- Michael Stewart, Aberdeen

"What a crock!" grumbled a furious Gond.

Faramir shook his head, "I give Aberdeen all the credit in the world for coming back from two goals down. But this was a match we lost directly because of the referee. Even the FA official that came up to me after the match expressed his disappointment with the calls, but warned me the result would stand."

Gond continued his frenzied pacing, "First, he waves off our go ahead goal on an offside! It was a bloody rebound! Then, he waits until the last moment of the match to redcard Jamie (Langfield) for a slight push? It didn't even affect the bloody play!"

"Nothing we can do Barry," said Faramir sadly. "I am more disappointed for the boys, because who knows when we will make it back here again."

Aberdeen The Champs

by Sammy Gohl

Aberdeen survived a couple lucky early goals by Arbroath and roared back to defeat them in the League Cup Final. It was the staunch effort of the Aberdeen midfield that brought them back into the match. With the regular time almost complete the referee made a proper call when he redcarded Jamie Langfield for a vicious tackle in the area that allowed Michael Stewart to convert the ensuing penalty for the match winner.

Motherwell (0) Arbroath (2)

Motherwell- None

Arbroath- Peter Wolf 50 Nicolas Anelka 90

"Another tough match, but we played well," stated Gond.

"The only bad part of it was losing Angelo (Schembri) for a month. He really has had his share of injury problems this season."

"It was nice to see Nicolas (Anelka) clinch the match- he made so many good plays during the match- including saving that one off the goal line behind Jamie (Langfield) to keep them off the board right before he scored his goal."

Arbroath (4) Livingston (1)

Arbroath- James Coppinger 27 Peter Wolf 29 Joe Osei-Kuffour 48,67-P

Livingston- Nathan Lowndes 59

MOM- Joe Osei-Kuffour, Arbroath

"Joe (Osei-Kuffour) certainly responded well to getting his chance," observed Gond.

"Losing Anelka to injury could have hurt us- Joe made sure it didn't. Overall, that was another very good match for us."

"We will miss Stephen (Whalen) for the next match- he earned enough points with his yellow to gain the 1 game suspension."

Airdrie (0) Arbroath (1) Scottish Cup Semifinal

Airdrie- None

Arbroath- Joe Osei-Kuffour 73

"Did you hear the news after the match?" asked Gond.

"No, what is the word?"

"Tough management. Airdrie fired Sandy Clark after the match."

"That is tough management. We barely beat them and I thought they played hard and well."

"I guess he had to win the match to save his job- they don't like their 6th place location in Division 1."

"Celtic beat Rangers 2-1, so that's who we face in the Final."

Arbroath (1) Celtic (2)

Arbroath- Nicolas Anelka 19

Celtic- Andy Kirk 34 Tobias Grahn 75

MOM- Joze Barbir, Arbroath

"They deserved to win," briefly commented Faramir.

"Other than Joze (Barbir) and Nicolas (Anelka) we had nothing going today. Our backline didn't help much either."

"The press can make what they want of this match- but we rested almost all of our regulars- so it really wasn't our 'true' look."

Celtic Dumps Arbroath

by Sammy Gohl

In what must be considered a preview of the upcoming Scottish Cup Final, Celtic marched into Gayfield Park and handed Arbroath a stinging 2-1 loss. Celtic, which managed to move into the Playoff Group with the win, will march back into the same setting for its next match as well.

Arbroath (1) Celtic (2)

Arbroath- Joe Osei-Kuffour 57

Celtic- Andy Kirk 7 Abgar Barsom 10

MOM- Robert Douglas, Celtic

"We played well enough to win, except for Jamie (Langfield)," muttered Gond.

"Can't fault our play at all. We outshot them 16-5 for the match, but Douglas was superb and Jamie was subpar."

"With Stephen (Whalen) suspended for the match and Coppy injured for at least 2 weeks, we got poor work from Robin (Gibson) and Joze (Barbir) in filling in for them."

Celtic Makes it Two

by Sammy Gohl

Celtic showed its strength as they overpowered Arbroath for the second straight time at Gayfield Park. The Arbroath Board must be wondering where their vaunted management is taking them after losing in the League Cup Final and now two consecutive losses at home that have them headed toward the bottom of the Playoff Group.

Hearts (1) Arbroath (3)

Hearts- Gary Wales 45

Arbroath- Stephen Whalen 8 Joe Osei-Kuffour 36,45

"Whew! That was a big win!" blurted Barry Gond.

"We had to beat them to hold 3rd place in the standings, so it was pretty big," agreed Faramir.

"They certainly wanted to take Nicolas (Anelka) out of the match- they marked him with two people."

"Look where it got them- Joe (Osei-Kuffour) ran wild on them all match. It was a waste to try and do that. I feel a bit more comfortable now that we have a 5 point lead on Hearts for 3rd place."

Arbroath (1) Hibs (2)

Arbroath- Chris Thompson 27

Hibs- Dimitris Mavrogennidis 35-P Tarek El-Said 90

MOM- Steve Watson, Hibs

"A penalty and a free kick! We lose because of those two calls!" fumed Gond.

Faramir sighed, "I thought it was another instance of unjust reffing, but it isn't worth the bother of protesting. We lost because we didn't take full advantage of all our chances. We should have had some more goals."

Gond conceeded, "Christopher Kirkland did play well for them, but you're right we wasted some golden shots."

Hibs Tumble Arbroath

by Sammy Gohl

Hibs added to Arbroath's tumbling fortunes as they once again humbled the weak sister of the playoff group at Gayfield Park. The third straight home loss should certainly having the Board members of Arbroath considering some fresh blood in their management staff.

Aberdeen (2) Arbroath (3)

Aberdeen- Sean Widera 21 Peter Witt 90

Arbroath- Chris Thompson 31 Peter Wolf 43 Nicolas Anelka 50

"That was the win we needed," said a smiling Gond.

"Enough to finish in 3rd place at least. It has been a pretty good season Barry," replied Faramir.

"We have improved all season. This club stands very close to being a challenger for next season."

Faramir looked very tired and thoughtful, "But we may not be here to see it..."

Rangers (1) Arbroath (2)

Rangers- Shota Arveladze 90

Arbroath- Joe Osei-Kuffour 31 Neil Lewis 83

Gond shook his head, "Amazing. Simply amazing. We play without injured Schembri, Wolf, Coppinger and Langfield and we somehow manage to beat 'Gers at Ibrox."

"Nobody ever said our depth was bad."

"Well, we both know it is good, but maybe some other people will finally notice. It was a nice way to finish out a strong season at least."

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

************************************************************************************************

Scottish Premier Division - Saturday 12th May 2007

************************************************************************************************

================================================================================================

2006/7 Table

================================================================================================

Pos Team Pld Won Drn Lst For Ag Won Drn Lst For Ag Pts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st C Rangers 38 13 5 2 50 20 11 3 4 35 20 80

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd Aberdeen 38 12 3 5 30 25 11 4 3 38 22 76

3rd Arbroath 38 9 4 6 37 28 10 4 5 34 28 65

4th Hibs 38 9 5 5 32 26 8 5 6 26 23 61

5th Celtic 38 8 4 6 29 21 9 1 10 30 31 56

6th Hearts 38 9 3 7 33 25 7 3 9 24 26 54

7th Motherwell 38 8 2 9 30 27 9 4 6 25 17 57

8th Kilmarnock 38 10 3 5 27 24 7 3 10 34 37 57

9th Dundee Utd 38 8 4 6 28 26 5 6 9 32 43 49

10th Dundee 38 9 4 7 42 39 5 1 12 21 34 47

11th Inverness C. Thistle 38 4 3 12 9 28 1 5 13 12 38 23

12th R Livingston 38 3 3 13 17 35 0 4 15 13 45 16

</pre>

Arbroath (1) Celtic (1) Scottish Cup Final (Celtic wins on Penalties)

Arbroath- Nicolas Anelka 28

Celtic- Stilian Petrov 44

MOM- Stilian Petrov, Celtic

"It was a gamble- and it did pay off for the most part," offered Gond.

"Yes, but losing Angelo (Schembri) down the stretch hurt us badly," sighed Faramir. "Still it was a good match. Peter (Wolf) and Angelo both badly wanted to play this despite not being full speed and they both played well."

"Another disappointment though, we make both Cup Finals- and lose in both. This wasn't the way I wanted to head into the summer."

"Speaking of that- no long trips Barry."

"What? Have you heard something from Allye?"

"Yes, she says she is very close to finding out the region in Europe where we will need to go. She is pretty sure it is in France, but is looking for another confirmation."

The voice seemed to boom in Allye's ears, yet she knew it was in her mind only and not aloud, "You have done well in seeking the pieces."

She thought back, "The first piece was in plain sight the whole time, it should have been easy for me to find- but I made it more difficult."

"That is often the way of things. We strive for something, but we make our striving more difficult by complicating our own thoughts."

"Does that mean the other pieces will be easier to locate?"

"Maybe. Now that you are more attuned to the pieces, it may well be easier to sense them- or you may sense them from a distance better."

"Well, all I know at this point is I have discovered that the other pieces from the 'magical crystal'- what the locals knew it as- were sent away. I suspect they were sent to Europe, but I have not been able to find out where."

"You are complicating things again Lady. Consider where the ports were- especially the ones popular with this island- and begin your search again there. The clues will be there, the crystal- for good or evil- will not remain hidden. It is too much alike the Rings of Power in that regard."

"Thanks Old Man- I think," sighed Allye as she started walking back to the library for more reading.

Faramir picked up the phone.

"I found a clue!"

"Allye?"

"Yes. The Old Man gave me the hint I needed. I am going to get to Europe to search further."

"Where are you going?"

"France. I think the other pieces of the crystal were shipped to Calais."

"Do you want us to come with you?"

"Not yet. But you might want to think about getting a job on the mainland. I think all our remaining searching will be there."

"Allye?" Faramir inquired as he heard her breathless voice on the phone. "Where are you now?"

Her laughter was audible, "The shop down the street actually. I just didn't want to surprise you."

"Come on up. Should I get Barry here too?"

"Yes."

"Ok, the short story is that I am not sure if one of the pieces of the crystal didn't wind up staying in the Calais area. I will need to look more."

"Well that sounds like a starting point," answered Faramir. "I already gave the Arbroath Board my resignation. They haven't made it public yet- but they will soon. They aren't very happy with me."

Barry Gond spoke up, "With us that is. I also resigned."

A chill come over the room. All of them looked around apprehensively.

"MOVE!" A voice from afar boomed in all of their heads and they tumbled quickly out of the room and out the back stairway from the building. As they looked at each other expectantly- searching each other's eyes for an explanation- a loud explosion rocked the building. The explosion flattened them and they could see the entire second floor of the building was a massive display of flames.

Allye sensed the guiding voice and realized it was the voice from beyond the curtain. "You are not safe yet. You need to leave the immediate area. Somehow your presence has been linked to that of us and our cause. The Dark Lord may not be able to directly penetrate the curtain, but he has been able to influence weak minds on your side of it. They can't directly sense you- so leave the area- move onwards in your search."

Allye quickly conveyed the voice's prompting to Faramir and Barry Gond. They took the explanation without so much as a question, so completely had they become enmeshed in the reality of the venture.

"It's not like we are leaving anything of value behind," stated Faramir. "Let's head for France as quickly as we can. We can grab what stuff we have left at the office and go with Allye."

"It's time," sighed Faramir.

Both he and Gond gave a last glance around the office at Gayfield Park.

"I'm going to miss it," simply stated Gond.

"Me too. It would have been fun to play in Champions Cup with the club and challenge the Old Firm clubs this season. I am sure whoever takes over will do well."

"The rumor is that Jim Jeffries will sign a contract soon. We left them pretty well off."

"With the sale of Matt Heath and the purchase of promising Lucas Cornwall- the new management will be graced very nicely. I renegotiated new, better contracts with Nicolas Anelka, Angelo Schembri and Jamie Langfield- so anyone chasing them will have to pay a substantial amount. That, and we left them over 6 Million in the black, so they should have plenty of wiggle room."

"Even from afar, it will be fun watching them- I feel much more affinity for Arbroath than for Dundee United."

"That's the way I feel too Barry. You never know, maybe we will come back this way again some day..."

"It's been fun."

"Come on, Allye's waiting for us to pick her up- we need to get going south."

As the three of them drove through Southern England, they all were lost in their own thoughts.

"Allye, are you certain that Calais is the place?" asked Faramir.

She shrugged, "Pretty sure. It's as good a starting place as I can find."

"That may work out well. I put out some feelers on coaching positions. One club that wants to interview us is Calais."

"Coincidence?"

It was his turn to shrug, "I am not sure I believe in them anymore. Still, it would seem to work out well- if they want us to run the club."

The dreamless sleep of the grey clouds seemed more like a prison to Faramir at this point. He flared out and tried to throw off its encumbering embrace, but it seemed to wrap itself tighter around him.

"Lord? Is there something wrong?" asked the pristine voice of Lady Galadriel.

Ceasing his struggles, defeated at each turn to try and free himself, he muttered, "Nay, dear Lady. I just wish to leave this place. It is feeling much more like a prison than a blessing at this point."

He could sense her nod, "I understand your feeling Lord."

He lashed out at her without thinking, "How could you understand this?"

She recoiled at his anger, but returned the thought, "You may not share this thought Lord." With that stinging admonishment she revealed that she held one of the rings of power.

Now he understood her own dilemma- and her own prison. "Forgive me Lady. It is just the foolish thoughts of a mortal man."

She seemed to comfort him, "Nay. It is the thoughts of a trapped warrior- worrying about the fate of his father...and his people."

Faramir and Barry Gond returned to the rented automobile where Allye Owen waited.

"Well?" she asked pointedly.

Faramir glanced at Gond, who was desperately trying to avoid the growing grin on his face. "We got the job. They offered positions to both of us."

"See? Told you they would be foolish not to take advantage of a couple of worldly characters," she stated with a smirk.

Faramir laughed at her observation, "Well, the job isn't actually a great one. They were surprised that we were interested."

Gond offered, "Calais is a pretty nice town, even if they seem a bit woeful in their club."

"We will change that," flatly stated Faramir. "Where are you going to start looking Allye?"

"Where else?" she answered. "The churches around here have the most complete records dating back to the times we need to know of. That is my starting point."

"Are we ready?" asked Faramir as they relaxed after the day's practice- the final one before the 2007-08 Calais season would begin.

"I think we have a good squad. It is amazing what you were able to cobble together with a few Euros here- a few Euros there..."

"It helped that we had extensive scouting reports from our time at Dundee United and Arbroath- made the job much easier. Still, I do agree that we look good so far and I think the rest of the Conference is underrating us."

"Maybe so, but remember Calais was last in the National 4 seasons ago- so out of sight, out of mind. Add in the fact that their manager jumped ship to Pau as soon as he got them promoted- and they hire us, well they have a way of looking down their nose until we prove otherwise."

"No problem. I will enjoy demonstrating the brand of football this club has already embraced," smiled Faramir- a little hint of a devilish grin crowding the corner of his mouth.

Calais Racing UFC - Tuesday 24th July 2007

Squad

No Name Position(s) Nat Born Age Caps Gls Wages Expires Value

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Paauwe, Cees GK HOL 11.3.77 30 - - £1.8K 27.6.11 £45K

- Ritchie, Ian GK SCO 27.1.82 25 - - £2.6K 15.6.12 £35K

- Faure, Sébastien GK FRA 1.5.85 22 - - £130 12.6.10 £18K

- Landais, Pascal GK FRA 13.6.79 28 - - £575 15.6.08 Free

- Mäkelä, Antti D LC FIN 16.6.82 25 - - £3.4K 15.6.10 £55K

- Cedric D RL POR 28.7.81 25 - - £400 21.6.11 £18K

- Carmo, Ricardo SW/D C POR 15.8.82 24 - - £1.2K 26.6.13 £45K

- Primus, Linvoy D C ENG 14.9.73 33 - - £3.6K 11.6.10 £24K

- Schmitt, Olivier SW C FRA 26.11.87 19 - - £300 21.6.09 £18K

- Colinet, Philippe D C FRA 27.10.87 19 - - £400 16.6.10 £24K

- Kleine, Thomas D C GER 28.12.77 29 - - £1.7K 11.6.12 £40K

- Nuno Sousa D C POR 30.1.80 27 - - £475 13.6.11 £30K

- Cameron, Colin D C SCO 3.3.88 19 - - £250 12.6.11 £18K

- Turpin, Franck D C FRA 27.1.77 30 - - £1.9K 23.5.08 Free

- Mofid, Kevin D RC CAN 30.7.82 24 2 - £1.2K 20.6.13 £55K

- Joly, Laurent D R FRA 16.6.85 22 - - £150 10.6.10 £28K

- Alkhatib, Mounir F RLC FRA 30.8.81 25 - - £90 11.6.11 £26K

- Lafleuriel, Baptiste AM/F RL FRA 2.7.81 26 - - £1.5K 11.6.12 £100K

- Paralta, João F RC POR 26.10.82 24 - - £3.6K 12.6.10 £120K

- Morais, Filipe AM RC POR 26.2.80 27 - - £3.2K 15.6.13 £90K

- Phillips, Justin M C ENG 16.10.85 21 - - £925 10.6.10 £30K

- Cointe, Benoît M RLC FRA 3.3.81 26 - - £1.9K 11.6.12 £50K

- El-Bawi, Durgham DM C NOR 1.6.81 26 - - £375 5.6.11 £18K

- Traoré, Dambou D/DM C FRA 27.11.77 29 - - £775 19.6.08 £90K

- Vincent, Arnaud D/DM C FRA 14.8.84 22 - - £300 17.6.09 £30K

- Ferro, Julien AM RC FRA 29.9.86 20 - - £160 27.6.10 £30K

- Heed, Thomas AM C SWE 12.8.80 26 - - £675 5.6.10 £200K

- Hugo Viana AM RC POR 15.1.83 24 - - £3.1K 13.6.10 £55K

- Ceschi, Fabio F LC ITA 19.1.82 25 - - £900 22.6.12 £130K

- Sikimic, Predrag S C YUG 29.8.82 24 - - £3.6K 11.6.10 £180K

- Colinet, Guillaume M/S C FRA 5.12.85 21 - - £425 18.6.11 £60K

- Tiago Mota S C POR 27.5.81 26 - - £2K 14.6.13 £90K

- Gautier, Cyril S C FRA 4.11.85 21 - - £170 21.6.09 £85K

- Blanc, Guillaume F C FRA 8.7.85 22 - - £2.2K 28.6.10 £60K </pre>

Calais (5) Martigues (2)

Calais- Linvoy Primus 12 Mounir Alkhatib 26 Joao Paralta 33,83 Thomas Kleine 76

Martigues- Gregory Pujol 4 Benjamin Nivet 42

MOM- Hugo Viana, Calais

"Very up and down match, but we did a superb job of destroying them on corners," observed Gond.

Faramir chuckled, "Not like they have anybody who could match up with Linvoy (Primus) and Thomas (Kleine) in height or strength. I was disappointed in Ian (Ritchie)- he was very nervous and had a poor debut."

"Fortunately his play didn't affect the match result, we were having too much fun on offense today."

"Joao (Paralta) looks to be a very dangerous player up front, much more than I thought he would be. The 1-2 combination of he and Mounir (Alkhatib) looks like it will provide plenty of fireworks."

"They are dynamic, which is good since Predrag (Sikimic) is out for awhile, as is Kevin (Mofid). Don't forget that Hugo Viana had 4 assists today- that was a stellar start for him as well."

"We should have enough depth to get through their injuries. Despite having a smaller club, we have good depth for the level of a National club."

Paris FC (0) Calais (3)

Paris FC- None

Calais- Mounir Alkhatib 22 Fabio Ceschi 51 Joao Paralta 58

MOM- Mounir Alkhatib, Calais

"It's nice having a keeper tandem like this," offered Gond.

"Cees (Paauwe) had a nice debut today, the backline was really strong in support of him."

"We didn't miss a stride offensively today. Mounir (Alkhatib) looked very good again."

"Another nice debut too- Fabio Ceschi was very dangerous and deserved more than the one goal he got. Hard to believe Genoa let him go for only 2K."

"This is a much better start than the Board expected isn't it?" grinned Gond.

Calais (5) Gazelec (2)

Calais- Fabio Ceschi 1 Mounir Alkhatib 37 Baptiste Lafleuriel 70,79,90

Gazelec- Gregory Meghni 9 David Voison 80-P

MOM- Baptiste Lafleuriel, Calais

"Colour me impressed," murmured Barry Gond as they reviewed the highlights of the match. "One of the most impressive debuts we have seen."

Faramir nodded, "Especially coming off the bench. That was a pretty dynamic showing."

"It turned a close match into an easy win for us."

Valenciennes (0) Calais (1)

Valenciennes- None

Calais- Mounir Alkhatib 66

MOM- Marcel Camara, Valenciennes

"Camara may have gotten MOM honours, but Cees (Paauwe) was the one who really deserved it- he was brilliant today!" exclaimed Gond.

"Have to agree with you on that. If Cees doesn't play great- we couldn't have earned any kind of result- instead we managed to edge them on our goal."

"They were a stronger club than us. It made a big difference when you brought in Kevin Brown for Durgham (El-Bawi), because Durgham was getting pushed around by their forwards and midfield."

Calais (0) Sete (3)

Calais- None

Sete- David Coulibaly 27 Diego Cledy 45,62

MOM- Diego Cledy, Sete

"I agree, I think you have to do it," muttered Gond.

"At least until Ian (Ritchie) has his problems ironed out. He needs to regain his confidence and the best place to do that is for you on reserves. I will use our young Spaniard (Carlos Tomas) as Cees Paauwe's backup for now."

"4 shots on net- 3 go in- he really is struggling."

Viry (0) Calais (5)

Viry- None

Calais- Hugo Viana 9 Cyril Gautier 18,21 Joao Paralta 68 Olivier Schmitt 72

"Hard to believe Bourdelais was so eager to get rid of Mounir (Alkhatib)," said Gond wonderingly.

"He didn't fit in with their convential offense. He fits much better in our free-flowing attacking type of offense."

"Looked that way today. Two assists and he really was all over their midfielders."

"We did what you are supposed to do with 20th placed clubs- beat up on them."

Calais (1) Racing CP (0)

Calais- Dugham El-Bawi 4

Racing CP- None

MOM- Frederic Sabourin, Racing CP

"Good thing we scored early," sighed Gond in relief.

"We didn't put on much of a show after that. We had plenty of shots, but they did a good job making sure those chances weren't good ones or from close in."

"At least we showed determination on the defensive side- and earned the win."

Wasquehal (1) Calais (4)

Wasquehal- Jure Primorac 86

Calais- Joao Paralta 12 Antti Makela 41-P Fabio Ceschi 73 Mounir Alkhatib 76

MOM- Hugo Viana, Calais

"That was both an impressive showing and a nice statement on the season," cheerily commented Gond.

"I think the other clubs are quickly noticing that this isn't the weak sister Calais they knew when they were last in the National."

"You want to know the funniest thing? Sammy was here for this one," stated Gond with a smirk.

"He was?"

"His friend, a French journalist, had assured him that the favorites to take the title- Wasquehal- would spank us upstarts. I heard Sammy had planned to do a feature on French football when that happened."

Faramir grinned maliciously, "He went home unhappy then."

Cherbourg (2) Calais (3)

Cherbourg- Cederic Bakari 37 Mohamed Haddadou 78

Calais- Mounir Alkhatib 1 Tiago Mota 42 Justin Phillips 47

MOM- Justin Phillips, Calais

"Another nice debut. Justin (Phillips) did really well in his first Senior exposure," commented Gond.

"He helped trigger the offense, which was a good thing since we didn't play all that well defensively today."

Calais (7) Boulogne (0)

Calais- Cyril Gautier 1,10,90 Joao Paralta 21,29 Hugo Viana 58 Thomas Kleine 77-P

Boulogne- None

MOM- Cyril Gautier, Calais

"Our fans really enjoyed that display," declared Gond.

"Why not? We set a club record for goals in a match. That was stellar passing rewarded by excellent shots."

"Not to mention they never managed a shot at our goal."

Rodez (1) Calais (1)

Rodez- Alexandre Bonnot 24

Calais- Tiago Mota 66

MOM- Guillaume Gauclin, Rodez

"I don't know why they gave Gauclin the MOM," complained Faramir. "We only managed to put 4 of 17 shots on net- it was our own play that killed us."

"Well, they couldn't figure out who else to give it to. Their offense was worse than ours- even though they managed a handful of shots."

"We can't afford to waste good chances like we did today."

Martigues (0) Calais (5) League Cup Preliminary round

Martigues- None

Calais- Cedric 13 Fabio Ceschi 15,45 Hugo Viana 39 Joao Paralta 53

"Excellent play in a match that I was a bit worried about," stated Faramir.

"Cedric's left side run really set the tone for the match. We had them off their game early on."

"Justin (Phillips) showed even more today- he is a splendid midfielder. Best of all though is the fact that we were able to gain 300K for advancing into the Cup competition- that helps the bottom line tremendously."

Calais (4) Louhans (1)

Calais- Mounir Alkhatib 57 Tiago Mota 64,71,83

Louhans- Yoann Tapella 59

MOM- Tiago Mota, Calais

"Nice to see Tiago finally break loose, he had been close several times before," commented Gond.

"Did you realize that Hugo Viana *already* has broken the Calais season record for assists. His two today give him 12 for the season so far."

"Between his passing and superb corners- that doesn't surprise me that much."

Dijon (2) Calais (2)

Dijon- Thor Inge Jonsdal 58 Pascal Camadini 74

Calais- Joao Paralta 26 Kim Jung-Woo 85

MOM- Pascal Camadini, Dijon

"Camadini sure didn't play like his age. 35 and still with that much verve," offered Gond with a shake of his head.

"We could have had a win here if we had played better on the backline. We started out fine, but then fell apart in the second half. If Cees (Paauwe) doesn't play well, we don't even get the draw."

"You're still committed to transferring Kim (Jung-Woo)?"

"If I can get his minimum fee release of 500K- yes. He is our highest wage player and Kevin Brown has proved that he can play the role- so it makes sense to lessen the wages and try and get a little more in the transfer fund for midseason."

Calais (2) Bourg-Perronas (2)

Calais- Mounir Alkhatib 73 Kevin Brown 90

BP- David Sauget 10 Laurent Goretta 36

"It was a wonderful comeback, but another match we should have won," flatly stated Gond.

"Ian's (Ritchie) poor play again put us in a hole. Fortunately we were able to equalize- I wasn't sure we were going to get that 2nd goal the way Yoann Sanchez was playing for them- he was superb."

"It was a sensational pass from Justin (Phillips) that set up Kevin (Brown) for the goal, he really has a lot of offensive talent in the midfield."

Niort (1) Calais (1)

Niort- Limberg Percy Pizarro 89

Calais- Mounir Alkhatib 76

Faramir was fuming, "I still can't believe Durgham (El-Bawi) wound up taking and missing that penalty. I am very unhappy about the miscommunication that likely cost us a win."

"I know. I heard you yelling that you wanted Joao (Paralta) to take it."

"Durgham is about the last player I wanted taking it. A wasted match! Good offensive work all match and then we let down defensively- it was a disappointing result in my book."

Endoume (0) Calais (4) French Cup 6th round

Endoume- None

Calais- Thomas Heed 9 Cedric 27 Baptiste Lafleuriel 49 Kim Jung-Woo 70

MOM- Kim Jung-Woo, Calais

"That was a fun trip to Marseille," chuckled Barry Gond.

"Much better than if facing the big side," agreed Faramir.

"Now you are *sure* we need to get rid of Jung-Woo?" asked Gond.

"So far- yes. I may have to change my mind if he keeps playing like today though."

Calais (2) Laval (3)

Calais- Fabio Ceschi 18 Joao Paralta 27

Laval- Sylvain Prat 39,79 Pierre Renard 54

MOM- Sylvain Prat, Laval

"Another wasted match," muttered Gond.

"Back to the practice pitch on defense. We can't afford to give away two goal leads- in a match that we should have won."

"Our defensive inconsistency is a bit maddening."

Le Mans (0) Calais (3)

Le Mans- None

Calais- Joao Paralta 3,56 Thomas Heed 34

MOM- Joao Paralta, Calais

"Nice to get back on the winning track," said a relieved Gond.

"Have to agree with you there. This was a much better overall effort- both offensively and defensively."

"We could easily have had several more goals. Mounir (Alkhatib) was snake-bit today, he missed some golden chances."

Montferrand (2) Calais (1) French Cup 7th round

Montferrand- Phillipe Lima 35 Sebastien Keita 87

Calais- Filipe Morais 5

MOM- Filipe Morais, Calais

"I can't be too unhappy- we played a solid match overall- but it was disappointing to give up that late goal," lamented Faramir.

"Julien Frobert played superbly in their net. Filipe had so many good chances, I can't believe he only got that one goal."

Amiens (0) Calais (1)

Amiens- None

Calais- Mounir Alkhatib 8

"Maybe that Montferrand result was good, we certainly turned the tables on Amiens today," smiled Gond.

"We certainly provided a nice upset. We weren't given any chance at all against a Division 1 side after that loss to Montferrand, but they failed to realize we had gone with our 2nd unit against the smaller side."

"Lille is next. I doubt they take us so lightly."

"Very true. Still, we got another nice payout for advancing to the next round. That will help our bottom line a lot."

Brest (1) Calais (2)

Brest- Lilian Guenot 38

Calais- Antti Makela 16 Fabio Ceschi 45

MOM- Frederic Trigo, Brest

"This shouldn't have been such a tough win- but it was," ruefully commented Gond.

"You're right Barry, but with Trigo showing what a smart veteran keeper he is and the referee ruling off two goals on us- well, I think we were fortunate to get the win."

"That is true on the offsides- although they were both a bit obvious calls. It was nice to see Ian (Ritchie) finally play a match like we both know he is capable of."

Calais (2) Paris FC (0)

Calais- Mounir Alkhatib 13,29

Paris FC- None

"That was a nice way to head into the winter break," stated Gond.

"It wasn't our best match, but Mounir (Alkhatib) earned us the win with those pair of dazzling goals."

"At least we can get some of our injured players healthy again."

"One coming, one going," commented Gond.

"We are getting the better of the swap overall."

Calais Cashes Cointe, Picks Prats

Calais sold one midfielder on transfer and then promptly picked up another to replace him. Leaving the coast is Benoit Cointe, who was sold to Dijon for 45K. Coming to France for the first time is 26 yr old AMR Jordi Prats. Prats is a Spaniard arriving from Spanish side Burgos. Burgos, which failed in their attempt to re-sign Prats, was happy to allow him to move to Calais for the reported cost of 10K.

"It's an old friend..." hinted Faramir.

"Sorry, still can't think of who it would be," replied Gond.

Calais Buys Macdonald

Calais purchased 31 yr old Scot DMC Billy Macdonald from St.Johnstone. The reported purchase price was only 20K for the unhappy midfielder. According to comments, Macdonald was happy for a chance to reprise his role as anchor midfielder for his former Manager.

Lille (3) Calais (3) League Cup 2nd round (Calais advances on Penalties)

Lille- Diope 25,56 Sebastien Mace 41

Calais- Hugo Viana 21,40 Thomas Heed 30

MOM- Diope, Lille

"Cees (Paauwe) could have made this a much easier win, if he had played better in regulation," observed Gond.

"He certainly made up for it in the penalties- saving 2 of their first 3 shots. That made it easy for us to win the shoot-out."

"Billy (Macdonald) sure made his presence known, he could be our key addition."

"Considering he is pretty much our only addition, other than Jordi Prats, yes, he qualifies. Having him makes a big difference for us. Kim Jung-Woo is smooth, but he doesn't challenge like we need him too in that role."

Calais (3) Valenciennes (0)

Calais- Tiago Mota 31-P Mounir Alkhatib 45 Laurent Henry OwnGoal- 71

Valenciennes- None

"We bombarded Gin Yangbo, but until that penalty I was wondering if we were ever going to get one by him," offered Gond.

"At least he called the penalty. I wasn't sure he would. We were good offensively today, but Ian (Ritchie) came up with some big stops when they were trying to rally."

"Thomas (Kleine) and Linvoy (Primus) both looked a bit slow today- they might need a rest."5.1.08

Lille (3) Calais (3) League Cup 2nd round (Calais advances on Penalties)

Lille- Diope 25,56 Sebastien Mace 41

Calais- Hugo Viana 21,40 Thomas Heed 30

MOM- Diope, Lille

"Cees (Paauwe) could have made this a much easier win, if he had played better in regulation," observed Gond.

"He certainly made up for it in the penalties- saving 2 of their first 3 shots. That made it easy for us to win the shoot-out."

"Billy (Macdonald) sure made his presence known, he could be our key addition."

"Considering he is pretty much our only addition, other than Jordi Prats, yes, he qualifies. Having him makes a big difference for us. Kim Jung-Woo is smooth, but he doesn't challenge like we need him too in that role."

Calais (3) Valenciennes (0)

Calais- Tiago Mota 31-P Mounir Alkhatib 45 Laurent Henry OwnGoal- 71

Valenciennes- None

"We bombarded Gin Yangbo, but until that penalty I was wondering if we were ever going to get one by him," offered Gond.

"At least he called the penalty. I wasn't sure he would. We were good offensively today, but Ian (Ritchie) came up with some big stops when they were trying to rally."

"Thomas (Kleine) and Linvoy (Primus) both looked a bit slow today- they might need a rest."

Valence (2) Calais (1) League Cup 3rd round

Valence- Cedric Kante 45 Joao Emanuel Cadete 68

Calais- Kevin Brown 77

MOM- Cedric Kante, Valence

"Two shots on goal, both of them in- we lose," grumbled Barry Gond.

"It wasn't Cees' (Paauwe) best match, but remember he got us here in the first place. We actually played much better than they did overall, but we didn't take advantage of our chances."

"Our shooting was certainly off the mark today."

Calais (5) Viry (0)

Calais- Justin Phillips 2 Filipe Morais 17 Fabio Ceschi 58 Hugo Viana 63 Joao Paralta 90

Viry- None

MOM- Filipe Morais, Calais

"I think all that extra training time paid off," said a happy Gond.

"We executed superbly today, both offensively and defensively."

"Filipe (Morais) was excellent filling in for Mounir (Alkhatib) today. We really do have a lot of midfield depth."

Thanks OMD- didn't really expect much of a Cup run to begin with, so losing wasn't too disappointing. BTW, is your email still the same? I have a story idea that I need your thoughts on... icon_smile.gif

Racing CP (0) Calais (3)

Racing CP- None

Calais- Mounir Alkhatib 8,47 Guillaume Collinet 86

"Mounir is a big match player," observed Gond.

"He likes the limelight," agreed Faramir. "He really makes excellent attacks when he is playing well. He left their coverage in the dust."

"It was a blanket coverage by the midfield that kept Racing off balance the entire match."

Calais (4) La Roche (0)

Calais- Predrag Sikimic 11,23-P Kim Jung-Woo 15 Filipe Morais 28

La Roche- None

MOM- Predrag Sikimic, Calais

"Nice to finally see Predrag (Sikimic) get his first goal," commented Gond.

"He has been working hard for it and finally got a break. Kim (Jung-Woo) made a superb free kick for his goal."

"That was a pretty one. How long is Filipe (Morais) out for?"

Faramir winced, "Two months. Good thing we have that midfield depth- we may need it."

Thanks Dave

Calais (3) Wasquehal (3)

Calais- Hugo Viana 3 Thomas Heed 13 Billy Macdonald 75

Wasquehal- Abelmajid Oulmers 27,90 Mamady Sidibe 42

MOM- Abelmajid Oulmers, Wasquehal

"That win slipped away from us," muttered Gond.

"Ian (Ritchie) had an awful performance," agreed Faramir.

"We wasted a very good offensive showing- we worked hard for all our goals, then Ian gave them back on soft shots..."

"At least we earned the draw."

Calais (3) Cherbourg (0)

Calais- Mounir Alkhatib 9 Cyril Gautier 18,64

MOM- Cyril Gautier, Calais

"Nice way for Cyril (Gautier) to step back into the lineup," said a cheery Gond.

"He was more than Cherbourg could handle today- they could not keep anyone with him in their area."

"It was also a strong defensive effort. No shots on goal is a good way to have things.

Gazelec (1) Calais (2)

Gazelec- Cyril Revillet 18

Calais- Cyril Gautier 33 Mounir Alkhatib 45

"A good tough performance from everyone in this match. It was very rough out there..." observed Gond.

"Gazelec likes being physical in front of their home crowd and it made for a bruising match. It was a nice comeback win for us."

"Cyril (Gautier) benefitted from his work on reserves- his goal scoring touch has been excellent the last two matches."

"Good thing too- with Joao (Paralta) and Fabio (Ceschi) out for the last couple of weeks."

Boulougne (0) Calais (2)

Boulougne- None

Calais- Hugo Viana 32 Fabio Ceschi 61

MOM- Hugo Viana, Calais

"Another excellent effort in a tough road match," stated Gond.

"That is the kind of effort we have been aiming for since we started here- consistent grind-it-out defensive work with just enough offense to win."

Calais (5) Rodez (3)

Calais- Joao Paralta 4 Linvoy Primus 42 Guillaume Colinet 75,90 Kevin Mofid 79

Rodez- Guillaume Corti 19,84 Jean-Christophe Rouviere 64

MOM- Hugo Viana, Calais

"Despite what Carlos (Tomas) thinks, he clearly has some work to do," murmured Faramir.

"He did try to make things interesting- especially given they only had 4 shots in the match."

"At least we were able to overcome that with another good offensive effort. Chateauroux had scouts to see Guillaume (Colinet) today- they got an eyeful."

Sete (1) Calais (1)

Sete- Jerome Cheyrou 90

Calais- Mounir Alkhatib 8

MOM- Olivier Labruna, Sete

"You think they might learn a lesson from this one?" wondered Gond.

"All the times that we have told them never let up- I hope they do. One moment of poor coverage and a lack of concentration by Ian (Ritchie) that left an opening. It equaled wasting a win."

"Fortunately, we have a nice margin at this point."

"True, but can't get in the habit of not getting points we worked so hard for."

French National - Wednesday 19th March 2008

2007/8 Table

Pos Team Pld Won Drn Lst For Ag Won Drn Lst For Ag Pts

1st Calais 29 11 2 2 51 19 10 4 0 33 10 69

2nd Niort 29 8 4 2 23 13 7 4 4 22 17 53

3rd Racing CP 29 11 2 2 28 14 3 7 4 18 23 51

4th Laval 29 8 5 1 21 11 6 4 5 20 22 51

5th Wasquehal 29 8 3 4 26 21 6 4 4 25 21 49

6th Dijon 29 9 2 3 25 16 4 4 7 28 31 45

7th Bourg-Péronnas 29 6 5 4 36 29 5 4 5 23 22 42

8th Martigues 29 6 3 6 27 28 6 3 5 27 31 42

9th Gazélec 29 8 2 5 26 15 3 6 5 23 28 41

10th Le Mans 29 8 3 3 32 25 3 5 7 19 24 41

11th Boulogne 29 6 4 4 21 14 5 2 8 19 29 39

12th Viry 29 8 1 6 28 28 3 2 9 11 29 36

13th Rodez 29 5 6 3 26 20 4 1 10 20 31 34

14th Cherbourg 29 5 1 9 22 29 4 6 4 22 22 34

15th Louhans 29 2 5 7 18 25 7 1 7 25 30 33

16th Paris FC 29 6 4 5 22 18 3 1 10 17 31 32

17th Sète 29 2 8 5 18 21 5 1 8 20 25 30

18th Brest 29 4 3 7 27 27 3 5 7 23 30 29

19th Valenciennes 29 6 6 2 23 17 0 4 11 6 26 28

20th La Roche 29 3 3 8 15 22 1 4 10 11 33 19

</pre>

Louhans (2) Calais (4)

Louhans- David Landreau 41 Yoann Tapella 78

Calais- Cyril Gautier 63,66,79 Hugo Viana 73

MOM- Hugo Viana, Calais

"Excellent comeback in the 2nd half. Cyril (Gautier) really became a beast," offered Gond.

"He had good chances in first half too- but Jerome Alonzo played a sensational half. Once we got that first goal, he seemed very deflated and didn't play well the rest of the way."

"Baptiste (Laflueriel) did a great job in starting the offense- after subbing on."

Calais (3) Dijon (0)

Calais- Hugo Viana 15 Mounir Alkhatib 25 Joao Paralta 33

Dijon- None

MOM- Hugo Viana, Calais

"Ok, first step accomplished- promotion makes everyone happy," cheerily commented Barry Gond.

"I know I am happy," said a pleased Faramir. "Still, let's finish out as Champions of National."

"Hugo Viana was great again today."

"A little too good actually- Monaco is scouting him heavily and I really want to keep him."

"I was afraid of that, Monaco wasn't the only one scouting Hugo Viana- Bordeaux will pay his minimum fee release."

"We knew going in the chances of keeping him might be slim..." replied Gond.

Racing CP (1) Calais (1)

Racing CP- Paul Orr 6

Calais- Tiago Mota 85

MOM- Tiago Mota, Calais

"We didn't play very well in that one," lamented Gond.

"No, but at least we were able to split the points. We need to get them going to close out the season on a strong note."

"How long is Mounir (Alkhatib) out for?"

"Three months- we may have him back for next season..."

Bourg-Perronas (3) Calais (2)

BP- Didier Carlier 38-P Benoit Vaslin 48 Sylvain Joseph 72

Calais- Hugo Viana 29 Joao Paralta 33

"That was my fault- I have to take the blame for this loss," sighed Faramir.

"The one time we don't dress a 2nd keeper- and Carlos Tomas makes a terrible decision to earn a redcard," grumbled Gond.

"It could have turned out a lot better, still the boys played hard."

Faramir sighed, "Well, that's two down..."

Gond replied, "Losing Thomas (Heed) will hurt, but Hugo Viana is a much bigger loss to us. Who bid his minimum fee release?"

"Le Havre."

"Still, we do have depth in the midfield. We might be ok."

"We will have over another 1 Million from the sale of both of them. I expect we will be able to find some replacements."

Calais (5) Niort (2)

Calais- Tiago Mota 22,61,67 Filipe Morais 57 Kim Jung-Woo 63

Niort- Capi 43 Ousmane Bangoura 45

MOM- Tiago Mota, Calais

"Tiago Mota picked a very nice time to get hot," said a pleased Gond.

"He is finally proving what a good scorer he is," agreed Faramir. "Filipe (Morais) also showed why we might not miss Hugo Viana and Thomas Heed as much- AND he doesn't have a minimum fee release on his contract."

"I saw some more scouts out there today, do you know who they were looking at?"

"The word was that they were scouting Kim Jung-Woo today. They got to see him playing well."

Laval (3) Calais (0)

Laval- Pascal Berenguer 10-P Sylvain Prat 15 Gregory Riou 57

Calais- None

MOM- Dai Xianrong, Laval

"I thought the redcard on Thomas (Kleine) was uncalled for," lamented Gond.

"Me too. The penalty was bad enough- but to give him a redcard on a push? It wasn't even a hard push..."

"They took advantage of having us a man down- even if we had played perfectly the loss would have been likely after the penalty was converted."

"That's how I saw it too- we had little chance against them when they are playing that well."

Calais (3) Le Mans (0)

Calais- Cedric 9 Predrag Sikimic 24 Tiago Mota 47

Le Mans- None

"Unlikely yes- but we are Champs!" pronounced Faramir.

"It was a great way to win the title. Playing a fine match in front of our home fans."

"Ian (Ritchie) really deserved MOM honours- that was his finest match for us this season. They outshot us 14-7, but he was brilliant today."

"Not only that, but we nailed down the title without many of our best players."

"We do have quite a bundle out at the moment- Mounir (Alkhatib), Hugo Viana, Joao Paralta, Thomas Heed and Baptiste (Lafleuriel)."

La Roche (0) Calais (4)

La Roche- None

Calais- Kim Jung-Woo 4 Tiago Mota 9 Fabio Ceschi 62 Guillaume Colinet 71

MOM- Fabio Ceschi, Calais

"They were very dispirited- especially after our two quick goals," mentioned Gond.

"No surprise there, they have already clinched relegation- they were just playing out the string today and it showed."

"It was an easy win, but I still liked the spirit the boys showed."

"Their execution was very good again."

Calais (3) Brest (0)

Calais- Tiago Mota 11 Kim Jung-Woo 54 Guillaume Colinet 90

Brest- None

"We didn't even miss a beat when Filipe (Morais) was sent off at 8 minutes," observed Gond.

"That was a poor call- I have protested his suspension, but I really doubt they will overturn the ruling."

"Kim (Jung-Woo) has really blossomed once he was out of the midfield holding role- he is much more an offensive player than I thought."

"Yes, I noticed that as well- I guess he was a bit miscast in that role and just needs the freedom to play forward."

Martigues (1) Calais (7)

Martigues- Eric Baert 24

Calais- Joao Paralta 21,47,66 Fabio Ceschi 25,73 Tiago Mota 72-P,82

"That was a fine way to close out a successful season," grinned Barry Gond.

"Pretty spectacular offensive explosion- especially in the second half," agreed Faramir. "Everyone is off until the first week in June. You and I will go over scouting reports- hopefully Allye will be in touch soon..."

Calais Racing UFC - Saturday 17th May 2008

2007/8 Senior Club Stats

No Name Apps Gls Con Pens Asts Yel Red MoM Av R

- Alkhatib, Mounir 30 17 0 0 12 0 0 7 8.30

- Baudouin, Johann - - - - - - - - ----

- Blanc, Guillaume 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

- Brown, Kevin 23 (11) 1 0 0 5 4 0 1 7.38

- Cameron, Colin 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

- Carmo, Ricardo 5 (2) 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 7.00

- Cedric 15 3 0 0 1 1 0 0 7.33

- Ceschi, Fabio 17 (3) 10 0 0 5 0 0 1 7.75

- Colinet, Guillaume 1 (11) 2 0 0 2 0 0 0 7.08

- Colinet, Philippe 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 6.75

- El-Bawi, Durgham 10 (3) 2 0 1 (0) 2 0 0 0 7.15

- Faure, Sébastien 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

- Ferro, Julien 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 7.00

- Gautier, Cyril 4 (1) 5 0 0 0 0 0 1 7.80

- Guillou, Sébastien - - - - - - - - ----

- Heed, Thomas 24 (2) 8 0 1 (1) 4 2 0 1 7.58

- Hugo Viana 33 10 0 0 22 3 0 5 7.97

- Joly, Laurent 8 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 7.25

- Jordi Prats 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 7.00

- Kim Jung-Woo 17 (1) 7 0 0 10 0 0 3 7.67

- Kleine, Thomas 37 2 0 1 (1) 2 4 1 0 7.51

- Lafleuriel, Baptiste 7 (10) 5 0 0 3 0 0 2 7.24

- Macdonald, Billy 18 0 0 0 3 3 0 0 7.17

- Mäkelä, Antti 40 2 0 1 (1) 6 1 0 0 7.30

- Mofid, Kevin 27 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 7.19

- Morais, Filipe 14 (1) 2 0 0 5 1 1 1 7.40

- Moreau, Richard - - - - - - - - ----

- Nuno Sousa 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 6.67

- Paauwe, Cees 23 0 21 0 0 0 0 0 7.22

- Paralta, João 21 (11) 19 2 0 5 1 0 4 7.97

- Perrin, Cyrille - - - - - - - - ----

- Phillips, Justin 11 1 0 0 9 0 0 3 7.91

- Primus, Linvoy 20 (5) 1 1 0 1 1 0 0 7.48

- Ritchie, Ian 15 0 20 0 0 0 0 0 6.53

- Rodrigues, Thomas - - - - - - - - ----

- Sandjak, Jérémy - - - - - - - - ----

- Schmitt, Olivier 6 (7) 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 7.23

- Sikimic, Predrag 22 8 0 2 (2) 3 0 0 1 7.73

- Tiago Mota 29 19 2 1 (1) 4 0 0 4 8.00

- Tomás, Carlos 7 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 7.29

- Vincent, Arnaud 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ----

</pre>

Allye Owen entered the large church hesitantly. She was immediately accosted by a Priest muttering words in French to her.

"Sorry, Sir- but I can not understand what you are saying. No parlez vou Francais."

He seemed to puff up at her comments in English and began what sounded like a rant against her.

She was relieved when another slight Priest came hurrying along and said in heavily accented English, "How may I be of assistance young lady?" As the older Priest continued to bluster, the younger one cast a wary eye upon him and the older one quieted and then scuffled off after a moment to collect his dignity.

Allye wasn't sure quite how to begin, but said, "I am searching for some records of quite some time ago. I asked at several other churches- but when nothing could be found at them- they all suggested I come here to research. You apparently have the oldest and most complete records in the area."

The Priest inclined his head, "Yes, that is probably true. Our records have survived much more than many other of God's houses in this part of the country. What manner of records might you be seeking? A person?"

Allye shrugged, "Not a person, but a thing. I have reason to believe there was a crystal shard that came to Calais from Scotland. From the little I have discovered since arriving, there is some discussion of a magnificent artifact being shown about that time."

The Priest regarded her, "I will show you to the archives. There may or may not be something to help you there. I would caution you to touch nothing without seeking the approval of myself or one of the others here."

Allye bent excitedly to peer at the quickly sketched illustration.

The Priest noticed her excitement, "Is that what you seek child?"

"I am not certain. It looks like what I was told it would."

The Priest looked more closely at to what Allye's eyes saw as undecipherable writing, "It states that this crystal decoration was shown at an influential trader's house. It mentions his desire to safeguard the artifact, but there is nothing further mentioned."

"Does it say where this trader's house was?"

"Yes, I believe it was located on the bluff overlooking the channel." He paused a moment in thoughtful deliberation, "I think that would be about 7 kilometers up the coast from here."

Allye smiled, "Thank you kind sir for your assistance."

The Priest simply nodded, "As God wills."

"We knew more changes would have to come- it surprised me that so many clubs wanted Antti (Makela)," offered a calm Faramir.

"I think you managed the replacement of him very well actually," grinned Gond.

"Mike (Zonneveld) wasn't getting to play at Arbroath after we left- it was easy to sign him once we found a transfer price we could agree on."

Calais Moves Makela, Brings in Help

Calais today announced the transfer sale of star leftback Antti Makela to Sedan for his minimum release fee of 450K. Sedan outpaced several other prominent Division 1 clubs in trying to gain the services of Makela. In related news, Calais announced the transfer purchase of Dutch leftback Mike Zonneveld from Arbroath for a reported 550K. Zonneveld was pleased to be reunited with his previous manager at the Scot side. Calais also announced the signing on free transfer of leftback Martin Barnard. Barnard is a 22 yr old English DL who had been released after coming through the Hearts youth program.

"Are you sure you want to sell him? He doesn't have a minimum fee release..." questioned Gond.

"He will be very unhappy if we turn him down. I think we can adequately replace him for the amount of money Sedan is offering us for him."

Sedan Tags Tiago Mota

Sedan landed a prize when their 1.7 Million transfer bid on Portugese forward Tiago Mota was accepted by newly promoted Calais. Tiago Mota was one of the top scorers in the National last season and had been expected to be the key forward in Calais' attempt to stay up in Division 2, but the Sedan offer was too good for the small underfinanced French side to ignore.

Faramir smiled as he hung up the phone, "That completes the signings for now. The fruits of the Tiago Mota sale are actually quite sweet."

Gond smiled, the cheerfulness of his tone infectious, "Ok, who did we get?"

"Not just one who Barry...several. We have signed on free Marc-Vivien Foe, Adriano, Loic Pailleres, Zyad Jusic, Omar Zongo and Daisuke Matsui. We also landed promising forward Dulee Johnson on minimum fee release from Hacken."

"Quite an esteemed collection there. We should be much better with all their additions, even losing Tiago Mota."

Calais Readies for Division 2

In preparing for their entry into Division 2 play, Calais has been very active on the free transfer market. With the funds in hand from the sale of Hugo Viana, Thomas Heed and Tiago Mota- Calais was able to attract some substantial players. Signing on free with Calais were Marc-Vivien Foe (33 yr old DMC, released by Nantes), Adriano (30 yr old AMC, released by Marseille), Loic Pailleres (28 yr old DMC, Bosman signing from Lens), Zyad Jusic (28 yr old AML, released by Willem II), Omar Zongo (30 yr old AML, released by Orebro) and Daisuke Matsui (27 yr old Japanese FRC, released by Purple Sanga). Calais also announced the transfer purchase of 23 yr old SC Dulee Johnson for his minimum fee release of 475K from Swedish side Hacken. Reportedly, there may be several other moves in the offing for the busy French club.

"These should be the last couple signings to help the club- at least until we clear out the roster more," stated Faramir.

"They both help with depth...and quality. I think we have a solid club going into Division 2," replied Gond.

Calais Catches Alm and Coly

Calais made two more additions to their roster on the eve of the Division 2 campaign. They announced the transfer purchase of Gueugnon's unhappy forward Alexander Alm for 60K and also announced the signing on free of veteran defender Ferdinand Coly. Coly is a 34 yr old DC who was recently released by Nantes.

"I was wrong," smiled Faramir.

"Ok, what now?" asked Gond with a hint of laughter in his tone.

"We have a new coach and another forward to replace Predrag."

"Who is the Coach?"

"Well, actually he will be a player coach..."

Calais Cheers Signings

The fans of Calais were elated with the news that Calais had added 33 yr old Alessandro Pistone as a player/coach. The venerated Italian backliner had been released by Crystal Palace after the two sides could not agree on a contract continuation. Calais also announced the free transfer signing of 32 yr old Yoann Tapella. Tapella, who owns 124 French League goals- mostly while at Louhans- will likely replace recently departed forward Predrag Sikimic, who was sold to Yugoslavian side Rad for 675K.

Calais Racing UFC - Monday 28th July 2008

Squad

No Name Position(s) Nat Born Age Caps Gls Wages Expires Value

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12 Adriano AM C BRA 11.8.77 30 8 3 £5.5K 24.6.11 £500K

10 Alkhatib, Mounir F RLC FRA 30.8.81 26 - - £1.6K 1.6.14 £300K

31 Alm, Alexander F LC SWE 23.5.82 26 - - £4.1K 17.6.13 £450K

39 Barnard, Martin D L ENG 27.1.86 22 - - £1K 28.6.11 £170K

- Baudouin, Johann D R FRA 2.2.90 18 - - £975 Rolling £45K

36 Blanc, Guillaume F C FRA 8.7.85 23 - - £2.2K 28.6.10 £170K

14 Brown, Kevin D/DM RLC SCO 12.7.86 22 - - £1.1K 17.6.13 £250K

42 Cameron, Colin D C SCO 3.3.88 20 - - £250 12.6.11 £65K

32 Carmo, Ricardo SW/D C POR 15.8.82 25 - - £1.2K 26.6.13 £300K

29 Cedric D RL POR 28.7.81 27 - - £400 21.6.11 £100K

9 Ceschi, Fabio F LC ITA 19.1.82 26 - - £900 22.6.12 £550K

4 Colinet, Guillaume M/S C FRA 5.12.85 22 - - £2.2K 19.6.14 £250K

6 Colinet, Philippe D C FRA 27.10.87 20 - - £400 16.6.10 £300K

38 Coly, Ferdinand D C SEN 10.9.73 34 32 - £4.8K 18.6.11 £160K

27 El-Bawi, Durgham DM C NOR 1.6.81 27 - - £375 5.6.11 £120K

44 Faure, Sébastien GK FRA 1.5.85 23 - - £130 12.6.10 £18K

40 Ferro, Julien AM RC FRA 29.9.86 21 - - £160 27.6.10 £80K

8 Foé, Marc-Vivien DM C CMR 1.5.75 33 47 1 £6.25K 4.6.10 £190K

3 Gauthier, Christian D LC FRA 16.8.79 28 - - £425 21.6.10 £200K

- Gautier, Cyril S C FRA 4.11.85 22 - - £170 21.6.09 £170K

47 Guillou, Sébastien AM RL FRA 30.6.91 17 - - £180 12.6.11 £100K

15 Johnson, Dulee F C LBR 12.8.84 23 17 7 £5K 19.6.11 £625K

35 Joly, Laurent D R FRA 16.6.85 23 - - £475 17.6.12 £110K

26 Jordi Prats AM R ESP 28.5.81 27 - - £1.2K 6.6.12 £80K

24 Jusic, Zyad AM L BOS 1.3.80 28 15 - £5.75K 27.6.12 £625K

30 Kim Jung-Woo DM C KOR 9.5.82 26 - - £4.1K 24.6.10 £500K

5 Kleine, Thomas D C GER 28.12.77 30 - - £1.7K 11.6.12 £200K

28 Lafleuriel, Baptiste AM/F RL FRA 2.7.81 27 - - £4.5K 16.6.13 £325K

21 Macdonald, Billy DM C SCO 17.9.76 31 - - £375 27.6.10 £170K

25 Matsui, Daisuke F RC JPN 11.5.81 27 - - £5.25K 20.6.13 £600K

2 Mofid, Kevin D RC CAN 30.7.82 25 2 - £1.2K 20.6.13 £275K

23 Morais, Filipe AM RC POR 26.2.80 28 - - £3.2K 15.6.13 £300K

43 Moreau, Richard D/DM LC FRA 26.5.88 20 - - £275 17.6.12 £95K

18 Nuno Sousa D C POR 30.1.80 28 - - £475 13.6.11 £120K

13 Paauwe, Cees GK HOL 11.3.77 31 - - £1.8K 27.6.11 £180K

17 Paillères, Loïc DM C FRA 20.5.80 28 - - £3.9K 21.6.11 £675K

7 Paralta, João F RC POR 26.10.82 25 - - £3.6K 12.6.10 £600K

16 Perrin, Cyrille S C FRA 15.11.88 19 - - £110 26.6.11 £140K

37 Phillips, Justin M C ENG 16.10.85 22 - - £825 9.6.12 £170K

- Pistone, Alessandro D LC ITA 27.7.75 33 1 - £7K 24.6.12 £1M

20 Primus, Linvoy D C ENG 14.9.73 34 - - £3.6K 11.6.10 Free

1 Ritchie, Ian GK SCO 27.1.82 26 - - £2.6K 15.6.12 £110K

48 Rodrigues, Thomas M C FRA 19.11.91 16 - - £100 28.6.11 £60K

45 Sandjak, Jérémy AM R FRA 26.1.89 19 - - £350 17.6.12 £100K

41 Schmitt, Olivier SW C FRA 26.11.87 20 - - £925 13.6.10 £70K

- Tapella, Yoann S C FRA 2.10.75 32 - - £6.5K 23.6.11 £425K

34 Tomás, Carlos GK ESP 10.6.88 20 - - £1.4K 17.6.13 £65K

33 Vincent, Arnaud D/DM C FRA 14.8.84 23 - - £300 17.6.09 £55K

22 Zongo, Omar AM L CIV 1.7.78 30 10 2 £5.25K 28.6.11 £500K

11 Zonneveld, Mike D/M L HOL 27.10.80 27 - - £3.9K 2.6.11 £700K

</pre>

Sochaux (0) Calais (3)

Sochaux- None

Calais- Loic Pailleres 51 Yoann Tapella 62 Joao Paralta 87

MOM- Loic Pailleres, Calais

"That was certainly a pleasing start to things," offered a happy Barry Gond.

"We looked like a squad that fit well together- despite this being the first match. It helps a lot to have veterans like Pistone, Coly and Foe anchoring the defense. It made life appreciably easier for Cees (Paauwe) today."

"Once Loic subbed on after Omar's (Zongo) injury- he really showed me a lot today. I think we may have a difficult time keeping him out of the starting lineup."

"You're right Barry. I am rethinking how to work the lineup after seeing him play so well today. Yoann (Tapella) managed to do well also- despite the minimal training time with us."

Calais (3) Nancy (1)

Calais- Mounir Alkhatib 10 Yoann Tapella 47,70

Nancy- Park Yong-Ho 13

MOM- Yoann Tapella, Calais

"I wondered about signing Tapella- with the other forwards we had- but he looks like a game breaker to me now," said Gond admiringly.

"He's better than I thought. I was hoping that he would provide the same consistent scoring that he had done, instead he seems to be really flourishing in our offense."

"It was another match where our 2nd half conditioning helped us- all those friendlies have helped us get a quick start in Division 2."

Lorient (1) Calais (3)

Lorient- Cyrille Muller 28

Calais- Filipe Morais 10 Yoann Tapella 42 Alexander Alm 47

"Another splendid debut- Alexander's (Alm) goal really helped break their spirit to open the second half," observed Gond.

"It was another good match for every element of the club. Offensively and defensively we are playing at a very high level for so early in the season."

"How bad was the injury to Thomas (Kleine)?"

"Not too bad- just a gash that required several stitches. He will be out a week or so."

Calais (3) Reims (1)

Calais- Loic Pailleres 57 Joao Paralta 82 Marc-Vivien Foe 87

Reims- Ludovic Pallier 52

MOM- Marc-Vivien Foe, Calais

"I thought we were in trouble when Ian (Ritchie) went walkabout on Pallier's goal. He completely lost track of where he was in the play," said Gond as he shook his head.

"Well, he righted himself after that and made a couple key saves down the stretch. MV (Foe) got the MOM honours, but I thought Joao Paralta was the one who actually deserved them- he jump started us on offense to get us the win."

"Great managing to bring him in," said Gond teasingly.

Faramir looked at him with a grin, "Better to be forced into things- Mounir's (Alkhatib) leg was troubling him, I brought Joao in for him because I had to."

Grenoble (0) Calais (1)

Grenoble- None

Calais- Daisuke Matsui 88

MOM- Cees Paauwe, Calais

"We stole that win," smiled Faramir.

"Daisuke (Matsui) picked a great time to get his first goal, but you're right we shouldn't have won that match."

"They outplayed us by quite a stretch, but Cees (Paauwe) had a great match. He made up for the backline mistakes."

Istres (0) Calais (2)

Istres- None

Calais- Loic Pailleres 50 Filipe Morais 67

MOM- Loic Pailleres, Calais

"Another strong second half for us," stated a content Gond.

"We are off to an unbelievable start- none of our clubs have started the season off this well before," said Faramir wonderingly. "The veteran leadership we have helps a lot. We haven't had to worry about player problems, since the elder statesmen on the club take care of those problems."

"I think the thing that impresses me the most is the toughness of the club at this point. We are playing like it is midseason in terms of determination, committment and execution- it really is impressive to see."

Calais (4) Metz (3)

Calais- Mounir Alkhatib 28,47 Cacapa-Own Goal 64 Ferdinand Coly 70

Metz- Arnaud Henry 11,87 Jean-Pierre Royer 20

"That was an excellent recovery for us- I was worried when we went down 2-0," groused Faramir.

"Mounir's (Alkhatib) first goal really stirred us- it was a pretty shot from 30 yards."

"Once we got that goal, the defense did a pretty good job of clamping down on them, well at least until that last goal."

"Cees (Paauwe) wasn't as sharp today as his other matches- but still, we managed to find a way to win."

Calais (4) Caen (1)

Calais- Joao Paralta 11 Fabio Ceschi 30-P Christian Gauthier 47 Zyad Jusic 71

Caen- Mathieu Bodmer 50

"We caught a break when the referee redcarded Stephane Porato in the first half- I didn't think the call really even warranted a penalty being called," commented Faramir.

"Once Fabio (Ceschi) converted the penalty kick, it gave us a lot of breathing room. I was pleased with Christian Gauthier's debut in place of Pistone today- he gave us really solid play."

"He and Olivier (Schmitt) played well together in the middle. It certainly helps knowing that we have depth there- given Coly and Pistone's recent injury history."

Valence (0) Calais (1)

Valence- None

Calais- Loic Pailleres 44

MOM- Loic Pailleres

"Loic (Pailleres) really seems to have the knack for the big goal," observed Gond.

"He is excellent in the air- and we have been giving him good chances on our corners and crosses," answered Faramir. "The thing that pleased me most though is how well we shut them down in the second half. Only allowing them one shot for the half was really encouraging."

"Kim's (Jung-Woo) injury looked bad. How long is he out?"

"Likely close to a month, though they don't think he needs surgery- just a bit of therapy."

Calais (3) Clermont (0)

Calais- Joao Paralta 5 Yoann Tapella 26 Dulee Johnson 48

Clermont- None

MOM- Yoann Tapella, Calais

"It's too bad for Christian Gourcuff- Clermont played really well, but with Cees (Paauwe) playing so well in net and getting great support from our backline- it was a bad loss for them," commented Faramir.

"Rumours are that the loss may cost him his job- the Clermont fans are up in arms over their dip in performance this season."

"It was nice to see Dulee (Johnson) finally score- he had been coming so close all season."

"No matter who we are slotting into the lineup right now- they are stepping up and playing well. There is a feeling of confidence through the entire club right now."

"You sold him to Clermont?" asked Gond.

"Yes. He was really unhappy about not starting and I couldn't see things getting any better..."

Calais Sells Colinet to Clermont

Calais announced the transfer sale of unhappy M/SC Guillaume Colinet to Clermont today. The agreed price for the promising 25 yr old was reportedly 350K.

Calais (4) Toulouse (2)

Calais- Mounir Alkhatib 10 Yoann Tapella 18,31 Daisuke Matsui 59

Toulouse- Yoann Bigne 37 Karim Dahou 45

"When Mounir (Alkhatib) is playing well- he can just dominate a match," said Gond admiringly.

"He was on today- that was a spectacular effort. Yoann (Tapella) also told me after the match that he had told his agent to accept our offer- so unless some club comes forth with his large minimum fee release- he will be staying here."

"The fans really like him here, he has been an instant sensation."

"Well, at least he finally gets to go home," offered Gond.

"And we are shed of his large salary," replied Faramir.

Primus Back to England

Unhappy Linvoy Primus finally got his wish, as he will move back to English side Northampton to finish out his career. Primus was let go by Calais to Northampton on free transfer with both sides pleased with the deal that was worked out.

Calais (3) Racing CP (1)

Calais- Billy Macdonald 8 Yoann Tapella 35 Dulee Johnson 81

Racing CP- Francois Rigaux 45

MOM- Billy Macdonald, Calais

"Billy (Macdonald) stepped up and provided a lot of leadership out there today," stated Gond.

"He did a great job in marshalling our defense- and that helped Cees (Paauwe) out a lot today. This match could easily have been very close."

"Our efforts up front weren't as good as some other matches, but both Yoann (Tapella) and Dulee (Johnson) took great advantage of their opportunities."

Archived