FM 2008: The Stadio Olimpico - Home of the Romans

asromatom

Hey everyone,

I've recently started a game with Roma and am enjoying the chalenge. I'm getting towards the end of season 2, leading the league and have a semi-final champions league game against Chelsea. There is lots of money available in italy amongst many up and coming youngsters. At the end of season 1 Inter Milan spent £117m on new players! I've tried to keep the core of my team Italian having signed Rosina, Pasqual, Ustari, Criscito & Giovinco.

Just wondering if anyone has started a game with Roma recently? Or if someone is looking for a decent challenge give them a go. If anyone has any tips for italian youth players please post.

Many Thanks...

I've recently started again first time on latest patch, like you building Italian core.

First season I think it's worth signing many on co-ownership deals as most players are available at half the price, this way I managed to bring in Rosina, Rubin of Torino as left back and Barzagli. Also when the next season begins you are able to fully own the players rights but very little when the funds come in.

Just finished the second season on my Roma game, having completed a league/champions league double! Once again Inter, Milan and Juventus have splashed big money preparing for season three. I only have 4 non-italians being Mexes, Mancini, Cicinho and Banega.

Having last year signed Gasberoni as a back-up player, one year on i have sold him for 17m to Juve! Starting 11 i have: Ustari, Cicinho, Mexes, Criscito, Pasqual, De Rossi, Giovinco, Rosina, Totti, Aquliani, Amauri.

Other squad members include: Curci, Ferrari, Andreolli, Dossena, Quagreilla (sp? from udinese), Perrotta, Forrestieri, Okaka,

If anyone is Roma, what attendances are you getting?...

• 2 weeks later...

Its 2013 and I have just departed Bayern Munich after one season(won the League,League cup and Champions league semi final) to manage the mightie AS ROMA. Immediately I set about getting rid of scouts,and coaches and bringing in better and then the bids on my players staring coming in.Well they had to wait a bit because I a was assessing my squad,I needed a left back and striker so this is what has happened so far. I brought Oscar Trejo for 20 million and Slobodan Rajikovic for 8 million then gave free transfers to 24 players and sold Luka Modric to Man Utd for 24 million and Alessio Marrocco to Arsenal for 38 million and am now bidding a young Brazilian centre half for the future Leaving me with about 45 million to sort out a new keeper and left midfielder.

Last season Roma finished 12th,NOT GOOD ENOUGH FULL STOP, so this is my first season on this game without european footie so my players are going to have to prove themselfs to me and get used to the tactics I play if they want to hang around. Already Zarate wants to go but thats due to the fact that we fell out when I had him at Chelsea but he goes on my terms and not his.I have high hopes for the Trejo/Torres partnership this season.

Will update later.

• 1 month later...

12th is definitely not good enough! Good luck in bringing them back to the big time. Who's Alessio Marrocco by the way? Newgen or real player?

I've just started a new game with the Giallorossi, having got dissillutioned with my previous Roma game. I'm using the most recent weegie update, so I start with Julio Baptista, Jeremey Menez and J-A Riise. The first transfer window came and went without any major signings. Saivet, Sakho, Pjanic and Sankhare all arrived from Ligue 1 for nominal fees, while Buonanotte signed from River Plate. I amde a whole host of loan signings in an effort to bolster the squad. Kelvin Etuhu and Chad Evans signed from City, Paulo Ferierra from Chelsea, and a few others who are so low in the pecking order they aren't worth mentioning (and because I can't remember their names!).

I've started the season pretty well, considering I've been struck down by a load of injuries. Totti got injured in pre-season and only returned in mid-October, whilst Vucinic got injured not long after and will be out till January. Not only that, but Perotta, Aquilani, Baptista, Brighi and Pizarro have all missed games here and there. Thankfully, Ched Evans stepped up to the mark, and went on a superb run which started by scoring the winner at home to Milan in the 91st minute, and followed it up with a hat-trick in a 3-2 win away to Cagliari. I'm currenttly sitting joint top with Inter (suprise suprise!) with 10 wins and 3 draws from 13. I'm delighted with the start, but I feel I need to heavily strengthen in January for the run-in as I don't trust the likes of Etuhu and Evans to continue their success and lead me to glory.

My targets are Aguero and Rosina... Anyone have much experience of Rosina, or any other suggestions for wingers? Currently I only have Taddei and Menez, so I'll be screwed if either of them get injured, which given my current luck is very likely!

My targets are Aguero and Rosina... Anyone have much experience of Rosina, or any other suggestions for wingers? Currently I only have Taddei and Menez, so I'll be screwed if either of them get injured, which given my current luck is very likely!

mind you i am not playing Roma but Alessandro Rosina is a key figure in my Napoli side. unless Toro get relegated you will probably be looking at a hefty fee though you are probably prepared for that as Aguero is your other target. i am playing him on the right wing mainly and he gets both assists and a few goals from open play +however many penalties you let him take because he is brilliant at penalties and hasnt missed one for me yet. has been fans player of the year for 3 years running as well. i can put up some screenies if you want me to.

Agreed a fee of £5m up front plus another £10m over the next 2 years with Torino. I'm happy with that. Bayern are also in for him though, so fingers crossed!

Aguero is only a target as I know it's possible to get him for a reasonable fee in the 2nd season. Guilherme or someone similar is more realistic

Guilherme is a good player had him at Palermo playing at AMC was ok nothing special but switched up upfront on his own and he couldn't stop scoring.

Very good price for Rosina just give him a key role and I'm sure he'll sign.

What formation to play, it's difficult to accommodate all the good central midfielders

I've gone with a Roma-esque 4231: -

GK: Doni

DL: Riise

DR: Cassetti/Cicinho

DC: Mexes, Juan

MCd: De Rossi

MC: Aquilani

MCa/AMC: Baptista/Perrotta

AML: Menez

AMR: Taddei

FC: Totti

Totti and Baptista/Perotta swap positions to allow Totti to get involved in build up play, and to make use of Baptista's arial strength.

I had Guilherme at Ajax once, and similarly he was fantastic on his own up top. Can only sign one non-eu player a season though so it's a big call. Mind you, I've no one else in mind. Could do with a centre half, but I might just hold out until Andreolli returns from loan.

3 points off Inter at the mo. Just played them at home, and lost 1-0 to a Walter Samuel header :mad: Traitor! Should have won though, completely dominated the 2nd half after upping the tempo. Julio Ceasr pulled off a couple of brillinat saves from Menez. I've been reasonably impressed with Menez, he certainly is a big game player, although needs to be more consistent which will hopefully come with age.

Inter look pretty decent at the mo, their only weakness being Zanetti. Ibrahimovic is almost unplayable! Also, because I'm using an updated database, Milan have got some forward line with Pato, Shechenko, Kaka, and Ronaldinho. I'm currently splitting the Milan clubs, but hopefully I'll topple Inter come May. Staying clear of injuries will be the key.

January comes round and Rosina signs for £15m, and I also managed to snap up Lukas Podolski for £5m - he was transfer listed at Bayern. David Pizzarro left for £9m to Sevilla, he was second choice to Aquilani and he's basically paid for Rosina/Podolski.

Both new signings started pretty well, scoring in their first start against Parma in the Coppa Italia. Hopefully that'll be a sign of things to come.

Just won a treble with Roma in 10/11 season! And SuperCup and Euro Supercup follow not long after. Loving every minute of my Roma save. To top the lot, just bought Messi for a tiny 37.5M(Release Clause)! Couldn't be happier.

Anyways, 4-5-1 (Variations) work wonders with Roma IMHO.

p/s: This Roma save has just converted me to become a Roma fan for Serie A! :p

Just won a treble with Roma in 10/11 season! And SuperCup and Euro Supercup follow not long after. Loving every minute of my Roma save. To top the lot, just bought Messi for a tiny 37.5M(Release Clause)! Couldn't be happier.

Anyways, 4-5-1 (Variations) work wonders with Roma IMHO.

p/s: This Roma save has just converted me to become a Roma fan for Serie A! :p

Well done! How long did it take you to win your first title/European cup? How's your squad looking? Do Okaka and Cerci develop well?

Well done! How long did it take you to win your first title/European cup? How's your squad looking? Do Okaka and Cerci develop well?

Thank you~. Well my first title was back in the first season itself, the UEFA Cup, which is a suprise to me and the board lol. But I actually wanted the League title much more though. Got it in the third season(the season before I won the treble) after two consecutive 3rd place finishes.

And I must say, my Roma squad is, TBH, very strong with Silva, Matias, Messi, Aguero, Jimenez, Rafinha, Bale, Lloris, Javi Martinez just to name a few which means all is not well for Okaka and Cerci (no place in the squad because of the squad's strength), because I didn't really gave them chances though Okaka did get a minute or two.

Were Okaka and Cerci meant to be great/world-beaters on 8.0.2??

Thank you~. Well my first title was back in the first season itself, the UEFA Cup, which is a suprise to me and the board lol. But I actually wanted the League title much more though. Got it in the third season(the season before I won the treble) after two consecutive 3rd place finishes.

And I must say, my Roma squad is, TBH, very strong with Silva, Matias, Messi, Aguero, Jimenez, Rafinha, Bale, Lloris, Javi Martinez just to name a few which means all is not well for Okaka and Cerci (no place in the squad because of the squad's strength), because I didn't really gave them chances though Okaka did get a minute or two.

Were Okaka and Cerci meant to be great/world-beaters on 8.0.2??

I'm not sure, they have been in previous games so I was hoping they would be in this as well. That's some squad you've got. Did you get Silva and Aguero from their original clubs? I think Silva may have already left Valencia in my game, and I didn't have anywhere near enough money to try and go for him myself, so it looks like that boat has sailed. My try and go in for Aguero in my 2nd season as a replacement for Totti.

I'm looking to sign an American as I've got an MLS feeder club, does anyone have any suggestions. I was thinking the obvious of Altidore (at Villarreal) or Adu, but they'd both count towards my non-EU quota.

gio

Yes, I did buy Aguero (fending off offers from the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal etc.) and Silva from their original clubs. And my take on Silva if he has left Valencia is to make him add you as one of his favorite personnel by praising him each months. Make him unsettled. And hopefully you'll get him cheaper. Or you can go for Matias or Jimenez, both cheaper options.

I find that winning trophies added more fans(judging by average attendance tho) so you can quirk in few quids there.

Besides Adu and Altidore there's Eddie Johnson, Feilhaber(started at Derby) and that guy from Fulham,

Dempsey. A CB from Watford, Jay Demerit. But to be honest my knowledge about Americans are pretty bad.

hi mates,

just wondering how you guys play with totti? AMC or FC?

played him in AMC, set the attacking, creativity, running off the ball, long shots & through passes to full.

but don seem to be working with him & the team is struggling to play with him in the team.

any suggestions on how to play him? prefer to play him as AMC.

my instructions could be set wrongly.

Sorry, haven't had the internet for a while... I might as well go through my system. My formation is a 433 with AM L/Rs and 3 MCs. The line-up is: -

MCd - De Rossi

MC - Aquilani

MCa - Van der Vaart/Baptista

AML - Rosina

AMR - Menez

SC - Totti

I've set-up the mentalitys so that De Rossi is on low normal, Aquilani on high normal, and Baptista on very attacking along with the two wingers. Totti has the lowest attacking mentality. The idea behind this is that Totti acts as a withdrawn second striker who gets involved in the build-up, allowing Baptista/VdV to get forward and get goals. Totti hold's up the ball and has a free role. He also has a lot of creative freedom, all other instructions are mixed. I've had problems trying to get Totti to play well in the past, and this is the best method I've come up with. Hope it helps...

Finished my first season and ended up in a confortable 2nd position, about 5 points behind Inter. Reached the QF of the ECL, knocked out by United. We gpt destroyed at Old Trafford, going 4 down after 20 mins thanks to a Rooney hat-trick. The result was harsh stats-wise, but it was my own fault for not reacting quick enough to Berbatov, Rooney and Ronaldo. Inter went on to win it. I reached the final of the Coppa Italia, only to lose out to Inter (for fux sake).

In pre-season I was given 46m to spend. I decided I needed to splash some serious cash if I was somehow going to topple Mourinho. I'd already agreed deals for Rafael Van der Vaart, Jozy Altidore, and Luigi Briuns. Then I went after Kun Aguero, David Silva, David Villa and Javi Martinez. Unfortunately Aguero went to Valencia, Villa went to Inter (:mad:), and Martinez went to Lazio (:mad::mad:). So instead, I had to settle for Giuseppe Rossi and Guilherme. I don't really need Rossi but I reckon I'm gonna have to take some risks if a Villa/Zlatan/Adriano inspired Inter are to be overthrown. Fingers crossed!

Rossi is great and italian, you did well to get those players too.

Good luck

Also would you mind uploading the tactic as It sounds intriguing.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YQJMEGCF - I tend to tweak quite a bit depending on the match. I also often swap SC with the attacking MC (usually Totti and VdV/Baptista).

Not played sinced signing Rossi et al, but I'm going to give it a go tonight.

In pre-season I was given 46m to spend. I decided I needed to splash some serious cash if I was somehow going to topple Mourinho. I'd already agreed deals for Rafael Van der Vaart, Jozy Altidore, and Luigi Briuns. Then I went after Kun Aguero, David Silva, David Villa and Javi Martinez. Unfortunately Aguero went to Valencia, Villa went to Inter (:mad:), and Martinez went to Lazio (:mad::mad:). So instead, I had to settle for Giuseppe Rossi and Guilherme. I don't really need Rossi but I reckon I'm gonna have to take some risks if a Villa/Zlatan/Adriano inspired Inter are to be overthrown. Fingers crossed!

Ouch, that bit hurts alot gio. But I still fancy you topping Inter sooner rather than later! Have you tried bidding for Matias?

Fernandez? Na, might go for him later on - I feel I need an absolute demon and I'm not sure if Matias Fernandez is better than what I already have.

I've just played Inter at the Olimpico and lost 1-0. It was a stupid game though as I totally dominated creating 16 chances to Inter's 3. Totti got injured early on so Rossi came on as his replacement. He missed a fair few glorious chances through a combination of too much dallying and excellent keeping. Inter's sole goal came from a throw-in when Totti was off the pitch - a cross to Adriano who beat Mexes in the air at the near post. Absolutely gutted. Hopefully I can get my own back at the end of the season.

Edit: And I've just lost Van der Vaart to injury for 5 months. Spiffing.

Let's try and liven this thread up again...

I'm now into November and I've been on a bad run of form. I'm only 1 point behind Inter and AC Milan at the top, but it could have been so much better. I've now lost 3 games in the league: 1-0 to Inter as mentioned above, 3-1 to Juve and 2-0 to Fiorentina. I'd say all of them were pretty unlucky as I dominated all 3 games. I also got destroyed by Barca at the Nou Camp 3-1 in the Champion's League. Obviously, it not just down to bad luck that I've lost these games. So far with Roma I've adopted the mentality that my side is as good as anyone else's in world football and thus I shouldn't have to compromise and change my tactics from game to game. However, the last month or two has brought about a stark realisation that I cannot continue to do so. I've also realised that my tactic needs more variety even against the 'diddy' teams.

So, I'm going to adopt a slightly different style. First of all, in effort to create more passing triangles in midfield, I'm goint o make Aquilani a very attacking midfielder as well. In the tactics screen it will still appear as 3 flat central midfielders, however I've altered the mentalities so that the most central midefielder (De Rossi) is below Normal, whislt Aquilani and Baptista/VdV are on very attacking mentalities with FWR: Often.

FW
AML               AMR
    MLC    MRC
DL      MCd      DR
     DC     DC   

As you can see this now creates lost of passing triangles between: Fullback, DC and MC; Fullback, MCd and ML/RC; Fullback, ML/RC and AML/R; and finally ML/RC, AM L/R and FW. Hopefully this will create a more fluent style.

The other variation that I hope to implement against the bigger sides is to sit deeper and hit them on the counter attack. The defence and MCd will be on short passing in an effort to keep possession. When the ball is advanced to the more attacking players they will be on a more direct passing game to move the ball quickly up front. So far in his Roma career, Giuseppe Rossi hasn't exactly set the world alight. However, his pace up front will be key if this formation is to work. Updates later!

Right, I'm sick to death of Inter. I cannot seem to beat them. The last match was pretty even - I took the lead thanks to Juan header, only for Inter to respond with an average goal from Villa and 2 corner-headers from Burdisso. I created some decent chances, as did they but still they come away with a win. What the hell do I have to do to get the better of them? It's really starting to get annoying.

Anyone got a recipe for success against Inter?

Hmmm, it's pretty lonely in here... Oh well, I shall continue my monologue.

Finally! I've had some success. End of season 2 and I've won my first piece of silverware with Roma - the Champions League. It was a battle, but a few inspired performances at the Olimpico helped us on the way to glory. My great run begun in the 1/4s with a 3-0 home win against Liverpool, thanks to a couple of thunderbolts from Baptista, and another from Aquilani. Going into the second leg, I was pretty confident, as you would expect. Cue a stunning game of football where the impossible really semmed the most likely result. Twice Liverpool went ahead, and twice I equalised, and with the score standing at 2-2 with half-time approaching, I felt it was game over. An unbeleivable second half saw me going schiz on the touch-line as we somehow manage to play out the last ten minutes without conceding to go through on away goals, final scoreline 5-5 on aggregat (Yes, I did lose 5-2 :S).

The semi-final against Arsenal started off in the same fashion, with another 3-0 win in Rome. Thankfully the second leg at the Emirates was a lot more straightforward, final score 1-1, 4-1 on aggregate. The final saw me face yet another English team in the form of Man United. Sir Alex was looking to go out with a bang, but thankfully me and my boys were there to spoil the party with a 1-0 win AET. A brilliant goal from Jeremey Menez after I flick on from De Rossi.

So, my third season in charge brings fresh hope that I may topple Inter in Serie A. They won it yet again, this time by an even bigger margine than before (mainly because I switched focus to Europe once the league was all but gone). In my quest for domestic glory then, I'm looking to replace the inconsistent and infuriating J-A Riise with Gareth Bale. I'm currently in negotiations with Spurs, but I'm fearing they'll want silly money. I'll most likely pay it considering I'm happy with the rest of the squad. If I can possibly manage it, I'm looking to sign Silva from Valencia by buying out his contract for £32.5m. If I do pull both off, I'll be starting the season quietly confident.

I'll keep you company in this thread!

Just finished my first season. Came second in the league, wasn't really much of a challange to inter in the end though as i hit bad form towards the end of the season, this ended with me losing the italian cup final to juventus!

Totti was a monster up front by himself last season, scoring for fun. But he's getting on a bit so i need a new, already established, target man. I already tried Fred, but i was foiled by the stupid one non eu transfer per season, also tried bianchi but he got snapped up by lazio :( so any suggestions? also in desperate need of a left back.

£40 million budget

Heres my squad:

romateamvp9.jpg

I'm well jealous you managed to get Totti playing that well. In mmy first Roma game in 08, Totti was pretty useless, averaging ~6.9. In my current game, he's averaged around 7.2 which I was pretty happy with. Still, he didn't really score that many, and his high rating is probably due to the amount of assists at corners. How did you play him?

Are you playing with updated transfers? If so, Riise is a good enough stop gap until you can afford someone better. I've just sold him mind, getting in Gareth Bale (for a mere £36m :thup:). You could try Balzaretti from Palermo, he's good enough and you can get him reasonably cheap using the co-ownership rule.

It's really annoying that Inter are so good. I'm yet to get a point against them, and they continually beat the lower teams that I struggle to break down. Good luck in your second season!

After Bale, I've got ~£50m to spend. I'm thinking of signing Silva to supplement Rosina and Menez, and because he's got a release clause of just £32m. I like to have small squads however, and I'm not sure if I can justify the extravagence...

funnily enough i was planning to sign Riise, £12million a good deal?

Also i have heard totti is fairly unreliable, so i was delighted that he scored 30 in 35 games for me averaging 7.50 :) i play him as a target man (mixed) with free role

Still looking for an establish (24+) replacement lone striker though

Also, this may sound stupid, but can someone explain to me the concept of co-owning people please?

Co-ownership basically means what it says - you pay a certain amount of money to buy 50% of the player. When you bid, you can decide whether you want him to play for you, or leave him at his current club. Deals usually last 2 years, and at the end of those 2 years, both sides have to place a concealed bid for the player. Whoever makes the highest bid gets the player. In the event of the bids being the same, the player will stay at the club he is currently at. Either club can buy the other half of the player at anytime. If a random club wants to sign the player, they have to agree fees with both clubs. Co-ownership only applies to Italian based players. It's quite useful to sign players on the cheap, and to get a hold of younger players that have potential.

I wouldn't say 12m is worth it for Riise, there's better players out there I reckon. Riise really annoyed me, he made quite a few mistakes, and is too slow for a top-level side. Like I say, I'd probably go for Balzaretti - Italian, quick, and cheaper than other options.

Not sure about a Totti replacement, you could go for Berbatov if he's still at Spurs. Probably get him for about £25m. Better in the air than Totti as well. There's a few young players who would be decent replacements - Guilherme, Aguero etc. Can't think of any others just now.

well just finished my second season. Won the league and Europe double :D so all if good

my.php?image=league2009jt2.jpg

Had quite a slow start to the season, but soon improved. The best moment was probably my champions cup semi final against man u, beat them 4-3 with a last minute freekick from my mid season signing (as backup for de rossi) Sankharé. The end of season got me worried as a number of my first team players were injured throughout (de rossi, Gyan, Totti, perotta, cicinho and riise). I decided to splash the cash on Amauri for my striker, not as young as my normal signing but was an absolute beast for me and should last until my great young guns come through. The revelation of the season has to be Kroos, who i started playing in the early round of Italian cup and then due to injuries began to play more of a role in the first team. Although he is only 18 he earned himself a first team place over perotta until he got injured.

squad2009pv9.jpg

Planning to get a young backup for LB, i was thinking Insua. Is he good enough? any other suggestions how i can improve my team?

Congratulations in winning the league! Well impressed you managed to topple Inter so soon. You'll need a replacement for Juan soon, what happened to Mexes? He's a been an absolute beast of a player for me. Apart from that, you seem to have a pretty decent squad. Perhaps a decent back up for Mancini/Gyan is in order, although Taddei is an adequate stand-in.

Never heard of some of your subs: Fazio, Ansaldi, Lehtonen..? Any good?

I sold mexes, it was a huge offer and there are cheaper CB's.

Fazio is one of these CB's, he's 21 and im going to start playing him regularly in the first team this season. Also i have Sakho coming through the ranks, so i took the money for mexes.

Ansaldi is a back up, young RB who looks like he could be good! Lehtonen is a finnish regen with a huge PA, he's 19 i think so i'm hoping he is something for the future.

I've got Lulinha who is looking good and attracting attention from big clubs, so he's going to play back up for gyan at AMR next season.

There may be cheaper CB's, but there's no better! Na, it's just a personal preference, I really like him and can't be bothered having to shell out loads of money to replace him.

My game seems to keep craching on me in August 09, don't know why. Hopefully it'll sort itself out. Thankfully I've not done anything major in that period, so nothing's been lost. If I do get the game back up and running, I've got £40m left to play with in the transfer window. Current squad looks like:

romasquadkv7.th.jpgthpix.gif

I've also got Henri Saivet (out on loan to RC Lens), Miralem Pjanic (loan to Strasbourg), Bouzanis (£7.5m from Liverpool) and Forestieri (Genoa). My scouts said Bouzanis was a really good 'keeper, so I decided to splash out early before his price got too high. Hopefully he'll turn out alright.

aye, i have to say for half a season mexes was an absolute monster, both in defence and from corners. But the offer came in, so i accepted it to fund the transfer of gyan, Garay and Fazio ( who is a personal favourite CB from my on going Sevilla game) amongst others.

Hope you get your game sorted out, it will get very lonely in this thread without you :p

Games back up and running, not sure what happened... Not had a great start to season 3. Was 3-1 down at HT to Cagliari, but managed to win 4-3 thanks to Aquilani (2), Van der Vaart and Giuseppe Rossi. Next game was at home to Udinese. I battered them, creating some very good chances but couldn't get the goal and it ended 0-0. Perhaps a change in formation is needed...

Transfer window came and went without any more major signings. Did get a 19yr old versatile Brazilian called Ramon for £4m. He can play DC, DR, and DMC. Basically signed him because he can cover for Cicinho, De Rossi and Mexes/Juan, leaving room on the subs bench for all my attacking talent: Bruins, Baptista, Guilherme, Podolski, Jovetic and Totti.

Guest Mouhsin013

Maybe this has already been discussed but I was wondering AS Roma have had a great youth for years but in FM08 I think there weren't a lot of really great and young talents, only Okaka and Rosi.

Can anyone tell me what the exciting talents (in real life) are at the moment for AS Roma apart from Aquilani, Okaka who already are in the first team?!!

How is the brazilian kid Felipe Gomes Ribeiro?!!

I can only comment in terms of FM. Felipe isn't much to write home about, I released him early doors. Antunes is a decent back-up LB, and Ahmed Barusso is an adequate MC. No one else from the original U20s/Reserves really stand out.

In real life, I have no idea I'm afraid. I do follow Roma, but only from a distance.

Just to give you an update on my 3rd season progress... Sitting 2nd in Serie A, 3 points behind Lazio :mad::mad:, but 5 points clear of Inter :D. I've won my last 7 and I am hitting top form, with the Rome derby in a matter of days.

Star performers so far have been Guilherme (8 goals in 12), Stevan Jovetic (Bosman from Fiorentina) and Luigi Bruins (6 in 8, avg. 7.64). I've decided to play at a much livelier pace this year, and it's been paying off, with 33 goals in 13 games, only one of whuch was from a corner :thup:. If I can keep this form, I will dominate this season and finally get my hand on the title. However, I'm yet to play Milan and Lazio this season, so it's important I can continue my good form leading up to, and beyond these big games.

A quick update from myself-

3rd season, at about november. Ive had a fairly poor start, not really been able to finish teams off. That said i have won the big games and find myself in 2nd 4 points behind inter. However, it seems my team are really starting the fire and at the same time inter, who didn't conceed a goal in the first 12 games, are starting to drop points. Highlight of the season must be my 4-1 victory over inter :)

My season hasnt been helped by my 2 star plays, Amauri and De Rossi, sustaining long term injuries but both are up and running again. Due to this injuring to Amauri totti has been starting and, at the age of 33, is still banging them in for my up front! Also i splshed the cash in the summer on Silva to add an extra touch of class to my midfield, he is an absolute BEAST for me :) He scores goals, makes goals, and delivers a quality corner for Fazio to nod in.

Also just had a board take over, so im hoping for some more money in the jan transfer window

I'm thinking of getting David Silva in January, he has a £32.5m release clause. Reckon he's worth it? I'm mainly looking for a goalscorer there, someone who can run onto through balls from out wide, and finish off moves.

I just lost a very hard fought Rome derby, I'm absolutely gutted. I took the lead after just 6 minutes, but two crappy goals from Lazio (a goalmouth scramble, and a corner) meant I lost 2-1. I had my chances though. Now sitting 6 points behind those ghastly Rome rivals, but there going to muck up sooner or later.

No need to answer now, I've signed him :D. I had £40m lying around and I thought: "It's there for a reason." My job is to win the league after all, and I believe signing David Silva will give me a greater chance of doing so. It was a tough decision though, as I enjoyed the challenge of trying to get Jeremey Menez to perform. Unfortunately, he underperformed for me, barely averaging above 7, and not getting enough goals. I feel Silva is the last piece in the jigsaw. I'm just 3 points of the lead now, so the title is in sight.

just finished my third season, once again i won the double of league and europe. Got beaten 2-0 bu Genoa is the italian cup which i was annoyed about. In fact Genoa also beat me in the league, one of my 2 defeats all season (the other from Milan).

To win the champions cup i beat Inter 4-1 in the semis and then barcelona 4-2 in final.

Heres my team:

team10zj2.jpg

Fazio was dominant both in defence and from corners. i was using the corner exploit (shamefully) for the beginning part of the season, but after he was scoring too many goals i changed it... yet still he was scoring consistantly from corners... oh well im not complaining.

Silva brought that extra class to my squad, he ended up winning the league player of the year, and scored an absolute wonder goal in the ECC final.

Amauri fired hit and miss all season, although he scored a hattrick in ECC final, so i might try to replace him over the summer, im thinking maybe huntelaar, but ive got a number of great youngsters so i might just keep him and start rotating him with these youngsters.

Ive noticed that messi had a release clause of only £37.5 million so i might try to snap him up over the summer.

The only other position i feel could be improved is RB, any suggestions?

Also i have Torres coming on a free to act as cover to either wing in the back 4

Congratulations Oli! Wow! Winning the double seems 'ordinary' nowadays eh? And have to agree that Silva is pure quality! Never gets below 7.

RB - Usual suspect = Rafinha, Ramon, Leyrieton, Marvin Angulo, Dani Alves, Ilsinho, Apam....

Hi, I've been in Udinese for 2 years, when, in middle of my third, I went to Roma. They have already bought Matias Fernandes, Quaqliarella, Guilherme, Pasqual, Palombo, Reyes, and Amelia.

In the summer transfer window, I bought Adrien (was on my Udinese team), Hatem Ben Arfa, VDV (out of contract), Henri Saivet, David, and some regens. I play in classic 4-4-2. This is my actual Team:

GK:

Amelia

Curci

Delfino

DC:

David

Mexes

Juan

DL:

Guilherme

Pasqual

DR:

Cicinho

MC:

Adrien

De Rossi

VDV

Palombo

ML:

Matias Fernandes

Ben Arfa

Loiodice

MR:

Mancini

Reyes

ST:

Saivet

Vucinic

Totti

Quagliarella

I'm thinking on getting San Roman next season to replace cicinho. I've sold reyes for 12M too, so I might buy a MR soon.

What do you think? What would you do?

Archived