I HATE regens, so-

- is there any way to prevent the game from generating regen players for, say, 3 seasons ?

I seriously hate them doll faces turning the game into a fest of Messi-lings at the end of the very first season.

Please say there is some tool to delay this ? Please ?

i'm sure there is a way to turn off the faces for regens, but if you hate regens as much as it sounds, how on earth do you play long term saves ?

But no, Newgens are a main part of the game, and it is impossible to prohibit them from entering the game

- is there any way to prevent the game from generating regen players for, say, 3 seasons ?

I seriously hate them doll faces turning the game into a fest of Messi-lings at the end of the very first season.

I don't think so. It's a little silly anyway, if we didn't have regens, how on earth would people be able to play long term games?

Ever wondered why I wanted it to be DELAYED ?

Regens are out of proportion and ruins my gaming feel everytime I see one of them.

And I do not play long term games at all. 3-4 seasons are my maximum.

So you say there's no delaying it ?

Regens are out of proportion and ruins my gaming feel everytime I see one of them.

There is no delaying it - they will appear at the end of the first season.

I dont understand how they are 'ruining' your game - new world stars appear every year, the regens do not come in as world class players from day one - if they do, its a bug. So if you are seeing world beating 19 year olds all over the place (the age they would be after 3-4 seasons) then post them up in the bugs forum, because they simply should not exist - 1 or 2 possibly (one or 2 come through every year in real life as well)

there is no way to stop the game generating players, there are regens in the game from the very first time you start with any team.

It'd be unrealistic to have no youth players come through for 3-4 years.

Regens are definitely overpowered. If you look at the players posted up all over the forum they are consistently notably better for their age than any player in the starting database. From what I have seen, they are too often far too well-rounded and are either generated with too high a starting CA or develop too quickly.

I would really like someone to run some long term tests focused on positional effectiveness according to attributes vs age. Such as the number of strikers <22 with >15 Acc, pace, dribbling, finishing, off the ball, composure (I believe there are only 1 or two starting database). Change that to >17 and there are zero.

Regens are definitely overpowered. If you look at the players posted up all over the forum they are consistently notably better for their age than any player in the starting database. From what I have seen, they are too often far too well-rounded and are either generated with too high a starting CA or develop too quickly.

I would really like someone to run some long term tests focused on positional effectiveness according to attributes vs age. Such as the number of strikers <22 with >15 Acc, pace, dribbling, finishing, off the ball, composure (I believe there are only 1 or two starting database). Change that to >17 and there are zero.

This. 10characters.

Basically you want to play forever in 2010. No, that isn't possible.

Football moves on, and I disagree that a load of Messi's turn up at the end of year 1.

I am in 2022 and as you'd expect most players are regens, you get to know them like real players if you immerse yourself in the game world. If you are obssessed with reality, just play 1 season and then start a new game.

I reckon the regens are overpowered, attributes are so good that in your 2nd season real world players seem less preferable.

rubbish, maybe by the 5th/6th season but definitely not by the second. There are maybe one or two who are good enough to play first team football but thats not far off real life.

Are you comparing the starting 16 year olds to regen 16 year olds? Because I might agree that they are slightly better. What I will NOT accept is that the regens are already good enough to play at decent level from the second they arrive (which appears to be what the OP is suggesting) - I havent seen a single regen in the game 3 years in (as far as I have got) who is world class yet, the best players in my game are the current 'wonderkids' - eg hazard and wiltshire. Regens havent made any impact at all yet.

Maybe next year, when the regens have been around for 4 years, some of them starting to hit their 20's they will start to have an impact, which is exactly right as that is the age at which they SHOULD be making an impact. However the OP claims he doesnt play longer than 3-4 seasons so he shouldnt have seen the impact of 'over powered' regens at all.

I haven't seen too many in my save that are too good, the simple matter of fact is that players are improving all the time though. A team plucked from the 70's or 80's would struggle a lot more in todays game if you quite literally kept their training methods, their fitness knowledge and whatnot. Even into the early 90's it was not uncommon for players to return from the summer break carrying a fair bit of extra weight and lacking in fitness. FM is getting better for the development aspect, but I remember a time when it was generally considered if a player was 21 that was it, no more development. This was the model on a lot of games, with mental adjusting and developing through the duration of a career its good but it is simply too much to ask that a player 'temporarily' looses CA and can regain it later in his career.

Some regens which have phenomenal stats are 1 footed, this is hugely limiting it won't make all the difference in the world if a players crossing is 20 if hes playing on the right, he's right footed only and the defender puts him on his left foot. It may go right, and you may get lucky but its far more likely to go wrong.

Pelican, I'm in 2016 now on my save, I put in the criteria you gave me but ignored the age. Here is the list of who came up with those abilities:

Lionel Messi - 28

Sergio Aguero - 27

Samir Nasri - 28

Nolan Roux - 27

Javier Orozco - 28

Mario Balotelli - 25

Diego Tardelli - 30

Adrian Corlunga - 31

There isn't a single player who meets the check on 17 for all those stats. I started my save with around 100,000 players, with regens set to come from a large number of nations. There are some great players, there is an 18 year old in my side who misses the check for 15 on 2 (finishing and composure). As an all-round goalgetter though there is some surprising features in the list, but not a single regen. My scouts have a good coverage of the world game, the major nations and south american nations are scouted intensely. I've acquired a couple of the best regens myself and my only player featuring in that list is Diego Tardelli.

You will see a lot of regens are good, they may have great finishing and turn out with 18 finishing, 18 pace, 18 strength. But then you'll see something like bravery below 10 and that is what ruins his effectiveness at times. I've never found a regen in the 2nd season I would take over my first team players, I do play as Stoke so a premiership side perhaps adjusts this but we're not exactly world beaters. However, had you taken a 17 - 18 year old Messi to most teams he would have gotten into them. Cristiano Ronaldo the same, Ryan Giggs the same. Not all teams, but they were good enough to do so, but many other players who are just rank and files at their team have done the same.

It would help to substantiate your claim if you could post up some screenshots.

• 7 years later...

You can not delete them but you can make them worse. Only a FMRTE with purchased license is needed. One or two times in season I search for all new regens with PA 111-200. With "mass edit" I set all of them to PA=110. They can still play at U-21 level or for regional clubs but they are useless for a continental/national reputation clubs. If the game "sees" that there is no new players with CA above 110 then old guns play much longer than used to.

* I know the post is from 2011 but maybe for someone might be useful (can be used in any version of FM). Tutorial below

I do a search for the ones with the highest PA when they are introduced first couple years, and use in game editor to swap that PA and CA with a real player (ideally of same or similar age and definitely of same nationality and club). If you go for long term games this is really just holding back the tide for a few years (and only matters for teams at the highest level). But for someone who does mostly shortish term saves like me, it's fine.

• 1 year later...

I hate Regens. If you like real players, like I do, just do the trick the guy used above and then proceed to freeze all the real players who are world class. Freeze age and everything allowing for attributes increase and you will have the players in the same way for eternity.

I will also use an add on for FM19 which allows to ban transfers until 2100. So, cheers mate. 

Also, if you are interested in imitating real world transfers, use in game editor for transfers and then use it again to unban the player since it won't be able to register him because of the embargo. 

Edited by SacnothXIII

'Regens' is the archaic term for what are now 'Newgens' i.e. those young players that the game generates itself to replace aging/retiring players.

The term 'Regens' comes from the days when the game literally recycled (or regenerated) the stats of players from the starting database under a new name.

Edited by rp1966

8 hours ago, rp1966 said:

'Regens' is the archaic term for what are now 'Newgens' i.e. those young players that the game generates itself to replace aging/retiring players.

The term 'Regens' comes from the days when the game literally recycled (or regenerated) the stats of players from the starting database under a new name.

Cool! Didn't know that

On 10/01/2011 at 10:46, bigdanio said:

Basically you want to play forever in 2010. No, that isn't possible.

Football moves on, and I disagree that a load of Messi's turn up at the end of year 1.

I am in 2022 and as you'd expect most players are regens, you get to know them like real players if you immerse yourself in the game world. If you are obssessed with reality, just play 1 season and then start a new game.

In 3 seasons the game is over run with regens? How do you not find that wrong? In the prem prem how many 19/20 year olds are in their teams first teams now? 

Liverpool have trent 

Man city have none 

Leicester have barnes 

Chelsea have mount 

Man u have Williams

Tottenham none 

Wolves no one

Sheffield u no one

Southampton maybe vallery

Arsenal guenduizi (I know its spelt wrong)

Palace none

Everton none, at a push Keane

West ham rice

Burnley McNeil 

Newcastle none

Brighton alzate

Villa none

Bournemouth  none

Watford none

Norwich - aarons 

So ten players 

And only half of them were playing last season regularly in a top European league

Honestly I take the faces off nowadays so it takes a while for me to notice that there's an influx of new gens but they are deffo over powered.

Edited by jere_d
Added alzate

Actually finding Newgens the best balanced they’ve ever been, in any FM to date, in FM20. Sure there are still a very good selection of wonderkids to pick from, but nowhere near the crazy amount there were in FM19.

I personally am not a fan of the generated faces either but instead of shutting them off I grab the individuals code and add a real life picture of some kid in a league I’ll never play, with no chance of ever making it, and give my newgen a real face. Makes it all a lot more immersive.

Guys, you are Necroing a thread about 2010 REGENS, the game used a different system to what we have now.

We now have a newgen system, so most of the responses is completely nonsense, as you are responding with newgen data, instead of the regen data the original thread was based on.

1 hour ago, Miravlix said:

Guys, you are Necroing a thread about 2010 REGENS, the game used a different system to what we have now.

We now have a newgen system, so most of the responses is completely nonsense, as you are responding with newgen data, instead of the regen data the original thread was based on.

Regens weren't even around when the thread was started.

On 09/01/2011 at 06:05, Pretended said:

Just turn “newgen” faces off...That’s what I did and now they will only have black default pics