MiNiMaL_FuSS 07 V4 || The home of the 4-4-2 || Updated Regularly!

Gah! This place needs an edit function that works...

Forgot to mention that, with the second post, I'm using my other Leeds game to experiment with the tactic. Still having the same problem in that my defence concedes too many.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Orrah, when you go into a match, go into the tactics screen and select 'Opposition Instructions' and then select any strikers they are using (in the striker position) and put tight marking on always.

Also, if the opposition are using a AMC, move your defensive MC into the DMC position, this way their AMC will get closed down much more effectivly.

Another thing I do is put your DL/DR and defensive midfielder on hard tackling. Though if they get a yellow card make sure you revert it back to normal.

I've started a new game and conceeded 1 goal in 8 games using these tweaks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Reply </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your tactic is great!!! although my target man is not very good but my team still got a 2-1 victory with total domination on the pitch. my team hasn't got a good form for a long time untill I used your tac. your tac worked at once! but I conceded a goal by the oppoent's counter attack, although i dominated the pitch. i'll try more matches to see if i will offen concede the counter attack goal.

anyway thanks a lot!

I been playing V4 and i dont tweak or touch it.

Won the league with arsenal and liverpool and chelsea with it. Chelsea 1st season didnt let a goal in till December.

The most important thing about it is the target man and to have a back up for him if he gets injured. Klose was mine at chelsea and arsenal was alan smith. Both scored the most, assisted the most and got the higest average ratings. Klose would get 9-10 constantly.

Wingers too are vital. A great tactic for a good title contending team, a firm base to slot your favourite players into.

I'm finally going to succomb and try this tactic myself icon_wink.gif

I'll report back on my results (I'm gonna try it with Liverpool... I know prolly not the stiffest test - but hey i love em!) after 6 or 7 games.

Ok played some games with good results I guess, wasnt too impressed with letting in 3 vs Sporting, but I scored 6 so nevermind eh icon_wink.gif

The 3-2 loss vs Chelsea I was actually impressed with cos I played all my reserves/youth and only lost 3-2 away.

However losing 2-1 to Everton was infuriating as I just didnt seem to get going.

I'll keep going with it !

I dont think this tactic works post patch. Ive gone from winning game after game to losing every game. There might be some explanation as i have a crap ass man, but no i think its over. Target man regularly performing badly (kuyt and crouch) letting in lots of blunders, conceding late goals etc etc etc

For those who say that this tactic does not work need to look at their squad.

I used this tactic with Inter, went 31-6-1 in Serie A. I then used the same tactic with a Serie C team, and did poorly. Why? Because I didn't have good players.

It is foolish to assume that you can start winning as soon as you land on MiniMal_v4. You still have to bring in good players to make it to work.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Trents:

FuSS v2 going great guns. So far I 2nd afer 10 matches, only lost 1 so far. Latest match stats below.

Rushdenhome.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what about the results of your away matches?

All this sound's very good, i've been trying for ages to make my own 4-4-2 formation without much success, so it is refreshing to read about so much success using one. I am going to give this a whirl when i get home from work. THANKS FUSS MATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Won Northern Ireland League 2 with Chimney corner using this tactic, with target man turned off (no player was good enough for this). Had good variety of scorers, and beat a few Northern Ireland premere league squads in the Irish cup. Also won the Intermediate cup, and made it to the finals in the Intermediate League cup, semis in the Irish cup. Bring on League 1!

Good to see people still suing my tactic to geat affect, 99% of people generally seem pleased.

Just a quick note to confirm there will be no new versions despite the 7.0.2 update, as it didn't make any major tactical changes to thegame engine and so I feel dosn't warrent any form of update.

I've personally settle on a man-marking version of V4 myself with a couple of other minor tweaks....I may upload this but only as a matter of intrest. It's really only my personal settings and I wont be offcially supporting it in anyway.

Good luck!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FuSS:

Good to see people still suing my tactic to geat affect, 99% of people generally seem pleased.

Just a quick note to confirm there will be no new versions despite the 7.0.2 update, as it didn't make any major tactical changes to thegame engine and so I feel dosn't warrent any form of update.

I've personally settle on a man-marking version of V4 myself with a couple of other minor tweaks....I may upload this but only as a matter of intrest. It's really only my personal settings and I wont be offcially supporting it in anyway.

Good luck! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I'd like to see your tweaks, would like you upload it.

Hello everybody, I'm new here since yesterday and i've just read all 18 pages (only went to the loo once btw). Very interesting and it seems that at least 75% of all Fuss tactics users are happy to do so. I could find v1, v2 and v3.But just like a lot of forumners i can't find V4 for download. Who can help me and many others????? Thanks in advance!!

It's been a while os not even sure what i've changed but the basis is v4.

-I've weaked afew sliders here n there.

-Tweakd setpeices to better suit my team.

-Back 4 play man-marking.

-I No longer use counter attack.

-Might eb few other minor things

This isn't any form of improvment or V5, this is simply the kind of tweaking u should be doing anyway...this is just my tweaks in order to adjusted to my team. And as such probably of very little use to you.

---------------------

oh and yes i switch to 4-1-3-2 sometimes, but usually for touhg games not re-ranking. For re-ranking i simply turn counter-attack off and play alittle wider and a little more attcking.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by footycrazy:

hi all, i'm using the 7.0.1 patch is this the right 1 to us for v4

also which of the two forwards is the target man?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right side

guess thats a no then fuss ???

Also os there anyway you can play the game with 7.0.1, even tho i have been playing it on 7.0.2 ??

I'm curious to know if everybody but me has had success with this tactic? icon_frown.gif

I just can't seem to string any wins together. End up drawing most of my matches and have recently started losing a lot.

It's all down to the defence, they concede far too many. I've been trying to tweak the team but it's not working.

Am I doing something wrong?!

i played whole season 11/12 won easily, until about late Feb, when i installed 7.0.2, and now i am losing, and losing badly, drawing silly games... something has happened, players are off form, its all going horribly wrong...

btw i am arsenal, with rooney and podolski upfront !!!

Started a new Game with the latest patch 7.02. And having spent a good hour reading the the entire post I felt confident that I could have some success with the Fuss tactic sets. I chose to have CA off at all times seemed to play better without it.

I picked Blackburn Rovers as my team and chose V4 as my system. After eleven games I was snd in the prem only 4 points behind arsenal.

I managed a 2-0 win over chelsea, 2-0 oner spurs away. I beat liverpool 2-0 in the cup and 2-0 in the leauge and all this with the standard blackburn side, I was flying.

Then it all went horribly wrong I lost 5 on the trot and havnt scored in 4 games. I have read up on reranking and took off CA but still nothing what am i doing wrong guys.

Used v1 of this tactic to win promotion in my first season with Hartlepool in league 2. Finished 2nd, on equal points but 3 goals behind on GD. Excellent tactic, only problems were when I lost I usually lost HEAVY, like by 3 or 4 goals, which cost me a top spot finish. Will be using v4 a lot more in League 1 as it seems better for defending. Congrats on the tactics fella's. Thank you.

----JUST TO MAKE THIS PERFECTLY CLEAR----

There havn't been any changes to the match engine (except for those relating to disciplinary offences). As such tactics that worked for 7.0.1 will work just as well for 7.0.2.

If this isn't the case for you then there's somethign else going wrong, I suggest you look at other area's of your team management (*hint - Learn to do good Team Talks - hint*).

Big fan of this tactic an have it's had mucho usage with me trying to work wonders with Farnborough Town.

I have to say that version 3 is still getting me best results so far, no luck at all with V4. I do little tweaks here and there. For home matches I'll increase the tempo a bit and for away games I'll make the passing a little more direct.

update into my 3rd season with wolves and im siting in 9th in the prem with mostly championship players like bothroyd , daniel jones , jody craddock wot a tactic iv had to change to a 4-1-3-2 because of a mid-season slump last year but now im right back on track thanks fuss and everyone else

hey guys i have one querry. as you have mentioned in the tips and tweaks part to close down a superb winger. but should we close down players like ronaldinho or gerrard or messi who are superb mid fielders but often played as wingers. do we have to close down all superb mid fielders like lampard, ballack or only superb wingers like robben, cole is a mid fielder but is often played as a right winger in the game. do we have to close him down just like robben?

Archived