MiNiMaL_FuSS 07 V4 || The home of the 4-4-2 || Updated Regularly!

I'm testing on West Ham, Man-utd, and Everton all at once. Shoudl give a nice spread in the Prem.

Though I'm actually going to play as West Ham and leave the other 2 on holiday mode....unless it gets very annoying.

Got a friendtesting in Spanish leauges, and hope to get Synax and The Lambs abored shortly for further testing.

Cheers.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dosn't look to have been a total fluke either...Here's the second friendly:

11-0.jpg

Bare in mind these are just the initial friendlies, so they are obviously very easy games against very crappy teams, but the results r still more impressive than my friendlies useually are.

For those of you wondering this tactic was originally built around Dean Ashton...and he's still proving it was a good idea.

I play version 1 of this tactic

Dont use target man as although its nice to see Luca toni head the ball down to shevchenko or hartson on for zarate, its easy to defend against.

A good solid tactic and i usually win games. Most important is wingers. Centre midfield can get a bit deep also,

I've finished spitting my dummy out and got finally got Newcastle back on track. I should listen to my own advice more often. Unfortunatly my goal of getting 2nd place is looking like a distant memory, I'm out of both cups. But I'm still in Europe, which is nice. We may also be out of the red by the end of the season, so maybe I'll have more than 450k to spend on a decent target man, I'm currently buttering up Eddie (Johnson/Pope?) the american guy with fantastic physical stats. left my CD at home so I can't check his name.

Quick question, how many different versions of this tactic do you think you would need to cover ever kind of opposition and manager? Obviously some changes are as simple as turning off counter attack, moving up the defensive line and turning on play off side if they are cautous.

Would a check list be useful and how hard would it be to put together?

With the AI changing tactics and everyones game being slightly different I dont see a team by team check list being possible.

However there's a simply and fantastic way around this:

-Buy yourself a decent scout.

-Have him scout the next team for every match.

-Listen to what he says!

-Your scout will tell you the oppositions strong points, best players, and likely formation.

-Using this information it shouldn't be hard to prepare for each team by tweaking the tactic.

-Remeber tweaks also depends on what suits your own team...

---------------------------------------------------------

Examples:

(1)

-If my scout pin-points a fast paced striker as a threat (ie: Defore)

-Then I play a high defensive line and use the offside trap

-This works for me as my defenders have good teamwork, positioning, and speed.

-If you dont have such defenders a deeper denfensive line would probably work better so your back line dont get caught out by the defnders pace.

(2)

-If my scout pin-points a super winger as a threat (ie: Robben)

-Then I play with backwards arrows on the FullBacks and stop them going forward and crossing.

-I often use opposition instructions to get them to close down the winger too.

(3)

-If my scout pin-points a big target-man as a threat (ie: Crouch)

-Then I make sure my tallest DCs are playing and that the best in the air is playing in the position nearest the target-man.

-I also useually set them to mark this man closely in the opposition instructions.

It's fairly obvious tips like this that will be useful against specific teams, if your sombody that likes to flee through the game as fast as possible and dont take the time to set-up your team for each match then that's you're problem.

If, like a real manager, you identify the threats in the next opponent then you can act to nullify it and thus be much more successful. I'm not going to write an entire guide on this, I can't be bothered, but this kind of imformation is already about on the forums, and most of it is common sense.

Hope that helps!

All good advice, I tend to use the "opposition instructions" to counter the key player and set my team around the managers profile and the scouts report. It often appears clearer to me how the team will play from the managers preferences than it does from the scout report.

I, like you, am a deliberator, takes me ages to get through a season, thats why I get so frustrated when I go on a loosing streak. I know I should be able to change it around but I sometimes can't pin point the problem.

I still think, as a general rule, if we are all using the same tactic (tweeked to our players, but never the less the same tactic). We should all be top or near as hell to the top of the league. Most of us play in the premiership, then some general rules like the ones you have listed are exactly what I was talking about.

Have you got past the frendlies with version 4?

If so is it still kicking butt?

Not as yet no mate, leave uni this wknd though, so will have too much time of my hands soon.

I'm on a final 2 day dash to finish a Criminology essay on the qualative difference in experience of female prisoners as opposed to male prisoners. Anyone thats done a similar degree level essay in the past I'd greatly appreicate information on the subject?

Will try this tactic today, as my 4-4-2 with Groclin resulted in reaching the Polish Cup Final (and loing it against Wisła) but finishing 13th in the 16-team league.

Will post my results in the consecutive season.

Fuss,

are all of your tactics post patch? I'm using V2 pre-patch and while I'm having success, my targetman Luca Toni is pathetic (never thought I wold say that.) He has 7 goals in 24 appearances.

I feel like I make the adequate tweaks and changes, but I just cannot get my offense rolling. I'm winning mind you but usually do to a penalty that allows me to win 2-1 or 1-0.

Any suggestions...thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chongo94:

Fuss,

are all of your tactics post patch? I'm using V2 pre-patch and while I'm having success, my targetman Luca Toni is pathetic (never thought I wold say that.) He has 7 goals in 24 appearances.

I feel like I make the adequate tweaks and changes, but I just cannot get my offense rolling. I'm winning mind you but usually do to a penalty that allows me to win 2-1 or 1-0.

Any suggestions...thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Toni should be awsome.

All these tactics are pre patch and should work as they are. Can you check:

1)You have got Toni dragged into the target man list in the tactics page?

2) He is playing in the right hand striker position?

If yes to both these then I am must assume you are a top team and the opposition is playing ultra defensive against you. If so, then try a few changes like increasing the width, tempo and passing a few notches and the exact opposite if that seems worse.

FuSS, great thread and great tactic. Just the right balance of tweakingicon_razz.gifredone

I just completed my first season with Norwich city, (V3 tactic, unpatched game), in which i generally performed very well. My team was as follows

GK: J Lewis

DL: A Drury

DLC: J Shackell

DRC: G Doherty

DR: J Colin

ML: D Huckerby

MR: J Peters (150k, Ipswich Town)

MC(A): L Croft

MC(D): Y Safri

SC(T): B McBride (150k, Fulham)

SC(F): R Earnshaw

I won the championship by a fairly comfortable margin, I also knocked out Tottenham, Arsenal, Man Utd, Watford from various cup competitions.

Given a very limited budget i decided to "cheat" with Genie Scout. My team has been improved, but mostly in terms of squad depth. Shackell has been replaced and so has Peters with random scandanavian people.

However I have been performing unbeleiveably poorly in the premiership. The main problem seems to be creating chances, and my defense has developed huge gaps. This suprised me due to my good performance against teams in the prem before, and i doubt ive been reranked above them as im hot fave for relegation.

Ive played about 15 games and still performing badly, morale isnt that bad (okay -> good) but im really not performing well. Any ideas for the step up? Ive been tweaking my heart out but no luck. Perhaps McBride is a bit old and playing against high class players, but Sibierski hasnt done any better. Players are rating 6's except my keeper (also new scandanavian guy who gets 9's and is probably the only reason i have any points at all).

I'd be interested any tips for the step-up, or just to join the tactical debate, just made the change to 07 from 05 so hoping to get involved in the topic. Thanks in advance

OK, this tactics does not kick ass as sergoff2 in CM 02/03 but with my team (quite weak for Polish League, should be somewhere in the middle of the table) I managed to qualify to UEFA Cup group stage (since I played in the final previous season and Wisła won the league championship) and lose to Liverpool at home 1-2 (honestly, I was predicting something around 0-4 icon_wink.gif). My league stats are:

Wins 5

Draws 1

Losses 3

Goals 17 - 12

6th place

which is quite nice, will keep on with updates later.

-tweak to ur team...not too much slider r very sensative now.

-Give it time to settle...5 matches minimum i reckon.

-Make changes before every game...c all 3 tips section

-Change opposition instructions for big games...c above and opposition instructions thread that about

-Team talks are thought to be just as important than tactic by quite afew of us now....me included..get them right!!!

-This isnt FM06, tactics dont win it, u have to have a high moral, good team talks, and a well geled team....in short you actually have to be a manager this time rather than just download a tactic.

-C if theres any improvemnt letting ur Assistant manger handle team talks, I bought Sammy Lee (fantastic) and let him do them simply because im lazy.

V4 will be released next week, I wont give a more exact date.

But it's not gunna fix any kind of major problems as its just afew minor changes, it's not soem mirical cure.

oh and remember training is directly related to perfromance now and influences how your team play not just their stats.

For example if you have naff set-peice training even a player with 20 in freekicks wont be that great at um.

I use Matt's training personally, works amazingly well, but its up to you to get the coaches in.

oh and forgot one:

You need to make changes for WET games, short passing dont work well in wet games...change to direct passing and allow your strikers more long shots (as the keepers tend to mess up more when its wet)

If you dont already do these thing then you dont know how to play this game, so hopefully u'll reliase the actual tactic is a very very smal part of seuccess. i suggest you have alot of reading to do.

Hi Fuss , i know my english is bad but i m French and i use your tactic since v1 and it s good quality , thank you for that Fuss and good long life to you icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alimdemir:

this tactic is worse then a default 442 tactic\create another tactic and lets see/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Helpful, perhaps you could explain what you mean exactly. Although judging from previous posts i doubt you have a point.

I seem to have turned a corner with Norwich. Switched McBride for Sibierski permanently, at the teamtalk screen i switch to Mixed Focus Passing and Mixed Target Man Supply.

Then at half time I switch them back to default (Down Flanks, To Head) and turn Sibierski off Hold up Ball. This seems to be working for me, also occasionally give earnshaw (or Jarvis/Huckerby in that position) a free role.

I have found defensive line alterations to be crucial, offside trap isnt really an option with my current defenders.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally Posted by FuSS:

(3)

-Then I make sure my tallest DCs are playing and that the best in the air is playing in the position nearest the target-man.

-I also useually set them to mark this man closely in the opposition instructions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is a great tip, and also Lambs tips on dealing with 4-2-4. Great thread guys keep it up and lets hope guys like the poster quoted at start give up the rubbish and actual contribute something useful.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alimdemir:

this tactic is worse then a default 442 tactic\create another tactic and lets see/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great contribution there, thanks so much for your wisdom and insight.

Cheers, for the praise grisales, were you using the same Sibierski as me, the one from Newcastle? If so I think the best place for him is the reserves team. I had better success using a defender there than him.

Nice tweeks, just tried them myself and it seems to upset the opposition more than swapping your strikers over.

I think I can claw my way back up to third in the Premiership, but 2nd and 1st are long gone. Must reduce the training on my strikers to get less injuries.

icon_smile.gif Yep same Sibierski, got him on a free, 1mil transfer budget to try and stay in the league didnt seem the board had much hope in me. Got him on a free, he's doing OK, better than McBride, Sutton, or any of my young players have done. Hope the board will actually invest some money in me this season.

Sibierski hasnt scored many but knocks it down for earnshaw pretty nicely, and chips in with a few mostly from corners. Thinking about Mido, (listed), if I do get some cash.

I'm having alot of success with V3 using Lambs tips. First year as Ipswich, went undefeated in Championship and won the League Cup. Second year , finished in 5th place in PRemier (due to a lack of talent, not the tactics fault, ManU/Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool all have much better players than me), won the league cup again, and won the EURO Cup

Just finished second season using V3. Exceeded all expectations, with a very average squad, almost qualified for the champions league. Missed out from Newcastle on Goal Difference. (Man U in mid table) Hopefully I can actually get some class in this season and work on dealing with the re-rank.

Im looking into Carew and Mido as possible target men. Any experiences with either of these two?

Ahh well looks like you on your final warning, any more and its a ban.

I went with Mido, smart move, even if my overall team isnt playing that well at the start, i think Mido's stats speak for themselves. If you are looking for a target man for the premiership, he should definitely be considered, was unhappy and not being played at Tottenham.

T0_-1_1823585.JPG

As I have already said this tactic (v3) is very good and is working for me. So thanks alot.

I am now doing an AC Milan career and have an excellent team and squad. I have won the Serie A title 3 seasons in a row by a big margin each time.

However, I seem to always lose against the big teams away. At home I have no problem in the league but almost always I lose away to Inter, Roma and Juve. Its not my team talks bcos I am good at them as my assistant says so. What am I doing wrong?

Also I have problems in the Champions League. In 4 seasons, I still have not won it and keep being beaten comfortably by the likes of Barca, Chelsea and Liverpool. I need to win the Champs League soon but it seems too hard to do.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by radosuaf:

Corners in this tactics are A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!! I managed to beat Besiktas 3:1 and all of my goals were shot by Target Man from corners icon_smile.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed, corners are very very good. You would have thought teams would have cottoned-on to the fact that 99% go to the near post, but apparently not icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by devils_haven:

hii fuss. please post your v4 tactic soon. i am dying to give it a try for my paleramo side. the next match is against roma away. and i have a verg strong target man who has won 7 M o M in 9 matches. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's not finished testing it yet. Last arrival estimate was some time next week i think.

wow nice to c so many people still having sucess, thanks alot, its always good to hear.

As for V4, I'm a little apprehensive about the fact so mnay people are asking for it. There's no magical difference this time around I really havn't cahnged too much, its more just an official version of V3+TIPs that are already listed in this thread.

That said i've been getting steady results, and have now finished at uni for this term, so got alo of test time now. Expect to see it during the week.

Still playing unpatched so this may not work for everyone.

15 or so games into my 4th season with Norwich (finished 3rd last season), due to some success for away games last season, and from noting how little the Attacking central midfielder got involved, ive now just pretty much cloned the MRC's instructions for the MLC, and then splashed my champions league and new sponsorship deal cash on two good holding DMC's that also technically good. I'm playing much more solidly and as they are also good passers I dont seem to have lost much in terms of goals. I know this has been mentioned as an away/big team tactic before but I'm enjoying great success against everyone.

Current Team (3rd in prem, top of champ group)

GK: J Wiland

DL: R Bertrand

DC: A Tuia

DC: K Pavlyucheck

DR: G Johnson

ML: F Adu

MC: J Hernandez

MC: Michel Schmoller

MR: J Morrison

FC: R Earnshaw

FC: Mido

Actually this is something I play wth myself from time to time. 2 MC/DMC type players does make this tactic very strong. Most people enjoy buying and using AMCs though, so the more usual AMC/DMC setup won out in the end.

I do keep a tweaked version with 2 DMCs for tough games though. Cheers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A.L:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mikos9:

Maybe is great, but don't work.I'm form Poland and this page don't work :/.

Cany anyone host all version in the other server ? Please !!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here is v3 of Fuss' tactic on rapidshare:

http://rapidshare.com/files/7216557/MiNiMaL_FuSS_07_v3.tac.html </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

unable to download from here, it keeps saying invalid.

anyone got another link.

Many thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FuSS:

With the AI changing tactics and everyones game being slightly different I dont see a team by team check list being possible.

However there's a simply and fantastic way around this:

-Buy yourself a decent scout.

-Have him scout the next team for every match.

-Listen to what he says!

-Your scout will tell you the oppositions strong points, best players, and likely formation.

-Using this information it shouldn't be hard to prepare for each team by tweaking the tactic.

-Remeber tweaks also depends on what suits your own team...

Examples:

(1)

-If my scout pin-points a fast paced striker as a threat (ie: Defore)

-Then I play a high defensive line and use the offside trap

-This works for me as my defenders have good teamwork, positioning, and speed.

-If you dont have such defenders a deeper denfensive line would probably work better so your back line dont get caught out by the defnders pace.

(2)

-If my scout pin-points a super winger as a threat (ie: Robben)

-Then I play with backwards arrows on the FullBacks and stop them going forward and crossing.

-I often use opposition instructions to get them to close down the winger too.

(3)

-I also useually set them to mark this man closely in the opposition instructions.

It's fairly obvious tips like this that will be useful against specific teams, if your sombody that likes to flee through the game as fast as possible and dont take the time to set-up your team for each match then that's you're problem.

If, like a real manager, you identify the threats in the next opponent then you can act to nullify it and thus be much more successful. I'm not going to write an entire guide on this, I can't be bothered, but this kind of imformation is already about on the forums, and most of it is common sense.

Hope that helps! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

a quick one FuSS, I am getting a lot of AMC's and MC's as the dangerman on the oppisition's side, what would you do in these situations?

this is a tricky one, theres alot of talented AMCs out there, if they dont seem a particular threat to you then i often ignore them...as doing much else can pull your formation out of place.

However if your faced with Lampard/Kaka style worries (relivant to watever your league) i often pull the Right MC back into DMC position, of at least have a backwards arrow on him.

You can also try having you're DMC close him down often, stopping him gettignt eh space he needs.

Archived