set position instructions/role for different type of wingers?

at work so i cant do any tinkering on this yet, let's use messi/pedro as an example. I want to set the instructions up so the if pedro is at amr he'll play as he does as a winger and if messi is there he'll prefer to cut inside.

nothing new there as you can define winger/inside forward role on the tactics screen but is there a way I can set the position up so that the winger won't try to cut inside all the time yet when the inside forward is on, he'll cut inside (I assume the cuts inside ppm will kick in?)

I'm thinking the best way of doing this is setting the position as winger, setting the instructions to be halfway between a winger and inside forward and making sure the instruction to stay wide or cut inside is left at normal so the player chooses?

essentially, assigning roles to players instead of position is what I'm after.

There is a hugs touchline ppm. And winger and inside forward roles are exactly the same other than their wide play and individual instructions. I think the inside forward options are better because then he runs with the ball often but will also look to pass and cross if right footed; or cuts inside and shoots/passes if left footed. With the winger role he may look to pass too often when cutting inside or be more inclined to cross the ball rather than cut inside.

Archived