your tactical philosphy?

I am interested to know what the idea behind your tactic is. Personally i go by the philosophy of getting the ball into the opposition's box as quickly and as often as possible, so i play a high tempo, long passing game and it has served me well. so, i prefer players with high speed, stamina and workrate........what approach do you take tactically?

I play defensive and fluid so more players get involved in all aspects of play. I want to get men behind the ball and take it slow when attacking so that I wait for the defence to make an error and I can the take advantage of it and hopefully score. I play a 4-4-2 always. The 2 CMs are ball winning normally 1 defensive and the other support so that there is one a little bit more advanced and the other will get him if needs be. The limitation on that is that the players don't really know what to do with the ball thats why when we have the ball I mostly use the wings and get a cross in (which I have found to be quite successful). 2 Strikers both poachers to finish off moves when they get the ball (although i'm sure there is a better combination but that seems to work for me)

I buy strong CMs and fast wingers (speed being the most important for me so they can beat their man for pace every time).

Last season most of my goals came from my wingers who had got on the end of crosses they both had 13 + and my main strikers both got about 10 each.

I do play lower league but managed to win the league last season so thats what works for me.

When I make an own tactic most instructions depend on the team I manage but I always use high pressing. I don't care if it's short or directs play, I just love it when my team puts pressure on a opponent, winning the ball early and launching an attack.

Well, anyone who makes tactics has his own idea. Here is mine.

When I take a team to manage first thing to do is to look what area of team is the strongest. For example, Ronney and Berbatov in Man utd (FM 10) are far better players then their midfield players. So, the aim in that particular tactic would be to base everything around them and give them the higgest crative freedom. That would implicity mean giving less freedom to other players like CM, wing backs, wingers etc, but, in order for this tactic to be sucessful you have to do exactly that. So, basicly, their natural position is FC which means I have to use 2 spots for forwards.

That fact, on the other hand, says a lot about other players positions. For example, I cant have too much wingers or AMC's as that would make a very attacking tactic. In fact, I can, but only in home games which I do and is working very well at the moment cause I use 2 AMR/L players and 2 MC'c.

But I need an away strategy for more defensively based approach. Also, using two diffferent tactics would enable me to camuflage my style in front of AI intelligence. But, unfortunately I haven't been able to make a good away tactic so currently working on it.

And, like Lino Červar used to belive, I also belive that you can give players only major instructions on how to attack. If you use too many attacking schemas or planned attacks you lose your ability to be unpredictable. That's why it's not good to attack in only one way. Same goes for defense but in the sense of ability to compensate for opponents moves. If you don't have defensive players that can easily transform to opposition actions, you will lose.

I know this is all theory but it's very easily put into practice. Don't use to many restrictive modifies in TC in order to make a good attack. That's why tactics that have too much bars set manually are no good strategies. For the same reason I don't use them.

HOpe I helped you

Archived