Assistant Information about Match Tactics

So i thought it would be quite good to start a thread on Assistant Feedback during a match and how you can change things. I am not the best myself at sorting situations out that the assistant tell you about so here are just a few from my first game tonight and wondered if people can add to it what their assistant says to them and how to make something work better for them. So here they are

1) (Player name) acts as if he is used to playing at a higher tempo than asked to today.

Solution - The only solution i know to this really is to speed the teams tempo up. Perhaps you can change a certain players tempo im not too sure?

2) (Player Name) looks like he is used to playing a more direct game than asked to today.

Solution - Personally when i see this i usually change that particular players passing style to a a more direct or longer pass. Another way i suppose you could fix this is by changing the team passing to more direct. However this could affect other players as they may prefer to play a shorter pass.

3) It seems like (Player Name) is not used to closing down opponents as often as asked to today.

Solution - Again i would normally change that specific players closing down. So if this was to happen i would usually change it to a lower setting by a couple of notches.

4) It looks like (Player Name) is used to closing down opponents more than asked to today.

Solution - This is very much like number 3. I would normally change that particular players closing down so that it was 2-3 notches higher up.

I hope this becomes quite handy as i know it would be for me. I know there are plenty of other feedback items out there so ill continue to add them to my list as and when my assistant notifies me during matches.

The real issue is, in my view, how will changing a particular player's instruction affect the rest of the team from a tactical familiarity perspective. It takes a long time to max out those sliders in the match preparation screen, and as I understand it, each change will peg you back in familiarity. When you rotate the squad and change for the next player you're back even further.

I totally ignore the Assistant manager on match days other than when he mentions a player looking too complacent. I think it would compromise the balance of the tactic

if you made adjustments for the sake of the player. I have all the above points told to me every game from my Ass Man but the players just have to get on with what I have

designed as the best tactic for the team.

So i thought it would be quite good to start a thread on Assistant Feedback during a match and how you can change things. I am not the best myself at sorting situations out that the assistant tell you about so here are just a few from my first game tonight and wondered if people can add to it what their assistant says to them and how to make something work better for them. So here they are

1) (Player name) acts as if he is used to playing at a higher tempo than asked to today.

Solution - The only solution i know to this really is to speed the teams tempo up. Perhaps you can change a certain players tempo im not too sure?

2) (Player Name) looks like he is used to playing a more direct game than asked to today.

Solution - Personally when i see this i usually change that particular players passing style to a a more direct or longer pass. Another way i suppose you could fix this is by changing the team passing to more direct. However this could affect other players as they may prefer to play a shorter pass.

3) It seems like (Player Name) is not used to closing down opponents as often as asked to today.

Solution - Again i would normally change that specific players closing down. So if this was to happen i would usually change it to a lower setting by a couple of notches.

4) It looks like (Player Name) is used to closing down opponents more than asked to today.

Solution - This is very much like number 3. I would normally change that particular players closing down so that it was 2-3 notches higher up.

I hope this becomes quite handy as i know it would be for me. I know there are plenty of other feedback items out there so ill continue to add them to my list as and when my assistant notifies me during matches.

I have a great assman and follow most of his advice - except this. It's not that the assman is wrong, it's a question of philosophy. I want to mould my players into my team ethic. If one is used to more pressing than the team uses, he needs to adapt to the team, not the other way round. For me, it's the individual aspect of team gelling/blending.

I'm not far enough into my campaign yet, so maybe others can check: if my logic is correct, in ignoring those tips from the assman, after some months he should stop saying 'Player X is used to closing down opponents more than asked to today'. Does that happen?

I'm not far enough into my campaign yet, so maybe others can check: if my logic is correct, in ignoring those tips from the assman, after some months he should stop saying 'Player X is used to closing down opponents more than asked to today'. Does that happen?

Start of season 3 and I am getting the same message about one player (Rooney in a free role) the higher tempo message.

What we need is a tick box next to the Ass Man that says "Yes, already, I know that"

I'd imagine that Rooney is quite a key component of your team, so it maybe advisable to take note of this paticular piece of advice.

I think depending on the importance of the said player to your tactic e.g Striker, creator then you need to take heed of these comments. If a centre back or someone of similar ilk ignore it and put the team philosophy first.

Archived