The Rangers, Champions of Scotland thread: Season 05/06

Ter

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie:

From the Greek newspaper in the Recods article..

Picture of Soti contract

The straight translation says:

Agreement between:

Football club Rangers

And

Football club Panathinaikos

The following have been agreed to two parties:

1. Panathinaikos have temporarily agreed the transfer and registration of Sotiris Kirgiakos (the player) to Rangers for the period of 20 January 2005 until 30 June 2005 in agreement with the following articles and terms:

* The sum of 700.000 euros to be paid from the moment the players registration is accepted by the Scottish Football Assosiation and Scottish Football League.

2. During that period of time the player is to be paid by Rangers.

3. Rangers has the option in May 2005 to take the player and inform Panathinaikos by the 31st May 2005, if they have such an intention. If Rangers was to do so they will pay Panathinaikos 1.500.000 million euros and can then sign a contract with the player which will be payable(meaning paying for the player) :

*500,000 euro's to be paid by the 31st December 2005

*1.000.000 euro's to be paid by the 31st December 2006

If the player is trasfered by Rangers, Panathinaikos will be paid 10% of any amount above the sum of 2.200.000 million euros.

If the player is to sign a contract with Rangers in June 2005, Rangers will transfer a bank cheque (guarantee) for the owed sums of the third installment (1.000.000 euros).

The terms and conditions of the agreement are to remain confidential between the parties and if the player agrees with the terms and conditions and they in turn to be accepted by the Rules of Authority and the relative documents.

----

That's not anything new and most of us knew that already.

But what it comes down to is that in Greece there are some regulations and contract renewls that only exist in Greek football/ sport but are not recognised abroad and what I see is Kirgiakos taking PAO to UEFA/ FIFA to win his freedom from PAO. This couldnt potentially set a precedent in Greek sporting contract.

What Greek clubs do is that they sign i.e a 3+1+1 years contract with the player. The +1 means that the club reserves the right to renew the players contract for another season without the player having the right to do anthing about it. The club can also release the player without the player getting any compensation.

PAO renewed his contract for another season and left a copy of the renewl at his family's house in the letter box with a witness present because no one was home and the gates where shut firm.

(Thanks to walnuts for this translation)

What seems certain is that this won't be solved anytime soon IMO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If what's in the contract was signed, then Panathinaikos don't have a leg to stand on. The problem's arisen because Panathinaikos wanted all their money now, not in installments like it's been agreed in the contract.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GingerFurball:

Originally posted by Frankie:

From the Greek newspaper........like it's been agreed in the contract. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And if Panathinaikos don't have a leg to stand on, why hasn't Kyrgiakos signed for Rangers yet?

He may or may not wish to challenge the contract in the Greek courts but surely it would be easier for Murray to cough up the cash aand sign a player who did well last season.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by underwater sunlight:

i wouldnt be surprised to see novo shipped out to make a bit of cash as buffel has taken his position and forced him out wide. a loan deal for mcfadden or the permanent signing of riordan may also be on the cards in this case.

one of the priorities are replacing peter lovenkrands... the way he played after having one above average season was diabolical. a sack of spuds should do the trick - spud #26 > lovenkrands #26

personally an ambitious move for matthew etherington would appeal to me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eh? Novo won't be shipped out and Buffel won't take his position either.

And if Albertz is maybe going to Hearts/Dundee Utd... who would you rather have, and old and past it Albertz or Lovenkrands... hmmm

I wonder what is happening behind the scenes regarding transfers. We need a couple of players soon.

We didnt pay all that money for season tickets for no new signings either!

Murray should give us £1 for every sellick fan that was in Seville, then we would have £100,000,000,002.50

Guest sav112

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Murray should give us £1 for every sellick fan that was in Seville, then we would have £100,000,000,002.50 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the figure would be closer with the Celtic Seville (You got beat in the final get over it) minus the Celtic fans that were totally embarrassed at the end of last season after the utter humiliation off letting there biggest rivals walk away with the biggest prize.

So that’s 50,000 – 200,000

Feck then we would owe Murray, but right enough he won us the league buy letting Alex spend 8M in the winter transfer window, anyone think Celtic would have done that?

icon_razz.gif

Firstly, it was good to actually be in final with colour tv.

Secondly, I for one wasn't embarrased, these things happen, disappointed yes, humilliating, absolutely not.

Thirdly, care to elaborate where this £8m came from? And where it went?

icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrankJJ:

icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From the sale of Jean-Alain Boumsong, spent on Buffel, Kyrgiakos, Ferguson and Wattereus.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrankJJ:

Firstly, it was good to actually be in final with colour tv.

Secondly, I for one wasn't embarrased, these things happen, disappointed yes, humilliating, absolutely not.

where is your "supposed" £15m? icon_cool.gif I reckon MON and Dessie stole it between them and left you look at loans to bump up your aging squad icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GingerFurball:

From the sale of Jean-Alain Boumsong, spent on Buffel, Kyrgiakos, Ferguson and Wattereus. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bollox was it £8m!

Work it out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary Toner:

Lovenkrands is staying apprently. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Best news you have all day i bet icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TM:

where is your "supposed" £15m? icon_cool.gif I reckon MON and Dessie stole it between them and left you look at loans to bump up your aging squad icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

£15m that has never actually been raised, mmmmmmmm. Hard to steal that.

Of course maybe we should have a chairman who "sells" £50m worth of shares to ENIC and Ian King among others, yet maintains exactly the same percentage sharholding! icon_biggrin.gif

And then transfers the clubs huge debt to another one of his companies, the one that actually owns the club! icon_biggrin.gif

No one is boasting about anything Celtic have spent, but at least we dont have anyone who proclaims through his sycophants in the media to be investing all this money in improving the team.

Bollox was it £8m!

Work it out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now it was pretty much £8million but obviously it was broken down differently from above

£2million to JAB and his agents

£2.3million for Buffel

£~3million for Ferguson

£500K for Soti

£100K for Waterreus

As for ENIC and Dave (you've been reading The Sun too much, Frank) King, they invested their money (not £50million either!) and sold their shares/investment back for a loss. That's why Murray still has around 91.8% of the shares. Hopefully that %age will be reduced somewhat very soon...

Of course, you are right about the debt transfer and although it's certainly more smoke and mirrors from our esteemed magici... chairman, it is reasonably common practice for big businesses to move debt around. Although I don't agree with it personally, it certainly makes Rangers a far more attractive proposition to buy (or invest) in.

I'm certainly far from Murray's biggest fan despite some positives from his tenure. He has no long term plans for Rangers and it's disappointing to see so many bears happy with the current short-termism from our administration which mask our real problems.

At the same time though, I find it interesting that someone like yourself Frank can come on here and pretend everything is whiter than white at GCCFC. icon_wink.gif

the "15m" was coming in a share issue. judging by the comments he made a while back, i think desmond then decided he doesn't like us enough to do it. who knows with the celtic board really - they're incredibly poor at communicating their plans.

if it does happen, a lot of it will be going to the new training ground i expect.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie:

Now it was pretty much £8million.......everything is whiter than white at GCCFC. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd expected a decent reply from you Frankie, except the last dig. icon15.gif

At no time did I say things were wonderful in the financial paradise, but it did amuse me hugely to see some Rangers fans criticise Celtic and laud Murray over their respective financial policies of the last few years.

I note you are realistic in your explanation of the £8, particularly including the payments to Boumsong and his agent which I do fail to understand in what way that money helped improve the team in January as certain others have claimed.

As for Dave(icon_mad.gif) and ENIC, I know they invested and then sold back their shares at a loss, but even in the days of them owning their shareholding, Murray's percentage never decreased despite no real evidence of him investing more of his own money. Smoke and mirrors is a fairly accurate description of David and his business practice concerning Rangers. (PS, never read the Sun, I must have thought he had changed his name to stay out of South African jails! icon_wink.gif)

Celtic have a particular financial policy which is questionable, I have no argument with that, except when it comes from people who really don't seem to have any understaing of what has actually happened with ownership, income and spending over the past few years at Ibrox yet still like to pontificate on others.

No jibes mate, (well not here yet icon_wink.gif), just the truth which some, definitely not all, refuse to accept or believe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only cos you've got nothing to boast about on a footballing front icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'd expected a decent reply from you Frankie, except the last dig.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh come on Frank, don't deny me one of the life's little pleasures... icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

I note you are realistic in your explanation of the £8, particularly including the payments to Boumsong and his agent which I do fail to understand in what way that money helped improve the team in January as certain others have claimed.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm a bit confused by that mate. The majority of the £8million went on new players which helped bring the title home. So, of course it improved the team icon_confused.gif

Interestly, reagrding the debt transfer, I have it on very good authority that Murray said the £50million did NOT come from elsewhere within MIH. It's not the first time he's been economical with the truth and I guess we'll find out more in the coming months as the club AGM and accounts public release happens.

icon_biggrin.gif

I only meant the £2m or so that went to Boumsong and his entourage.

I accept completely that the rest improved the team, I'll even let you include Barry in that. icon_wink.gif

You have my point perfectly though, I don't say Celtic are better than Rangers in the financial world but I do think we are a little more honest, sometimes too much for PR reasons, than the "Dark Lord."

Guest sav112

The way I see it the sale of Boumsong covered the brining in of four players of which two have turned out to be great signings Buffel and Ferguson (Baz back was a master stroke and we all know it) which strengthened the team and not forgetting the loss of Klos which we had to do our best with signing Waterreus who has done well. Soti did enough to merit praise but I would not say he was a classy defender but just strong at the back

All this was done by punting Boumsong (who was great but not world class, who cost nothing,) and spending Newcastle Money and as it proved won the title Back,

who knows? was it eight mil – Seven mil we raised and spent in part or whole, who cares the fact remains serious money was spent over the window and very wisely, the same cant be said on the other side of the city when they needed to boost there squad.

Don't all Alan Smith rumours emanate from the fact he was photographed wearing a Rangers' shirt about 5 years ago?

If being a twat makes him likely to be a Rangers player, I guess we'll be snapping up Bellamy any day soon as well.

Guest sav112

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">signing Alan Smith on loan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd take that. icon14.gif

he gets first team football and we get a good forward that on his game is class.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GP1873:

I heard from a mate's, mates's, cousins, granny's, grandson's, father that we are signing Alan Smith on loan!

They said he was spotted in hombase... again </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nonsense icon_rolleyes.gif

Smith is a B&Q man

anybody interested in buying the season DVD should in my opinion icon14.gif watched it last night and it included most of the CIS Cup run to win the Cup, plus lots of league action that I dont even remember seeing on Scotsport SPL

the final day action was superb as well, but not as good as the bonus CD which shows extended highlights of Hibs V Rangers, then you get when the title changed hands and all the stuff after including the presentation, the bus arriving back at Ibrox with Dado acting the clown icon_biggrin.gif and some of the Ibrox celebrations on the pitch that took place that Sunday night icon14.gif well and truely pished on any coverage Scotsport showed of the season/final day

good price for it here it's also in Tesco about the same price and WH Smiths at £13.99, the Official direct site are selling it at £17 with 4.50 P&P, rip off icon13.gif

Ball is a strange one, my opinion is sort in the middle about him. He arrived as possibly the highest rated left back in England at the time, he then got injured pretty quickly, although his shot at Dick Advocaat in one of the OF games in 2001 is probably something most Rangers fans will remember about him. He seems solid enough, but rumours about him being lazy and fond of the drink is his downfall.

Last season is when he started to establish himself, but he wasnt getting as many games as Vignal was playing in the left back role to start off with when he came on loan, supposed to be on a high wage as well so I guess that might be an idea of why he may go, his last 6-8 games of the season were great though, he was certainly close to our best performer in the run-in to the title icon_smile.gif

Guest sav112

I know Ball is no Arthur Numan but he’s solid enough and probably the best left back in Scotland but it must be his contract and wage. We can’t afford players just to up sticks and walk away like Celtic did with Jackie.

We do need to sort out our back line, the Lb, CB’s and RB are all available as not one player has rightly staked his claim apart from Ricksen but he plays so we in midfield.

Kyrgiakos- Good enough player but will he be playing in blue next season.

Andrews- A bit slow at times and costs us a few goals and has that injury.

Ball-Always looks like its last season but he is still there.

Ricksen- Turned out to be one of our best players in midfield would you move him back.

Hutton – very promising.

Khizanishvili – not a natural center back, but useful.

Ross- Personally I just don’t think he is rangers Class, and not strong enough.

Should be interesting over the next few weeks as the Gers will have to address the problems at the back.

Guest sav112

Pity they could not have landed Marcus Allback I think he’d have fitted in fantastic at Ibrox. Him and Dado up front with Buffel just behind.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

You been arsing around in Photoshop again Frankie or is that an Alan Smith lookalike we have? icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

You been arsing around in Photoshop again Frankie or is that an Alan Smith lookalike we have? icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

• SI Staff

Squad numbers for this season...

01 KLOS Stefan

02 RICKSEN Fernando

03 BALL Michael

04 BUFFEL Thomas

05 ANDREWS Marvin

06 FERGUSON Barry

07 HEMDANI Brahim

08 RAE Alex

09 PRSO Dado

10 NOVO Nacho

11 RAE Gavin

12 MALCOLM Bob

14 MLADENOVIC Dragan

15 KHIZANISHVILI Zurab

16 KYRGIAKOS Sotirios

17 BURKE Chris

19 THOMPSON Steven

20 HUTTON Alan

21 ROSS Maurice

22 MCGREGOR Alan

23 WATERREUS Ronald

24 MURRAY Ian

26 LOVENKRANDS Peter

31 NAMOUCHI Hamed

38 ADAM Charlie

44 MCCORMACK Ross

I see we have number 32 ready for

32 VIERI Christian icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Colin14:

You heard it here first

Kieron Richardson on a years long.

Left mid solved

Richardson Ferguson Hemdani Buffel </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

my mate's a Man Utd fan and he said that ages ago

i'd take it in a heart beat icon14.gif

after his performances for England recently i think he might be in Fergies plans this season one way or another

Archived