The Rangers, Champions of Scotland thread: Season 05/06

Ter

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stan petrov:

its not just the rascism, its the hoolaginism before the game.

Cant see it being any more than a fine, tbh icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hooliganism? You mean the one idiot who bricked a window?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stan petrov:

The one idiot and his mates who smashed the bus up, yes icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One idiotic fan shouldn't mean anything more than a minor fine but this is where the singing comes into play where I think they will be harsh on us icon13.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Bob Bean Bag:

It was Chelsea and Celtic fans who tanned the bus window </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chelsea fans were in the country that night, it had to be them, bloody hooligans icon13.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary Toner:

Were prime bait for UEFA to make an example off, We are not a member of G14, we aren't from one of Europe's power leagues but we are well known enough for anything they do to make an impact. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hagi [romania kick ass]:

In the small chance we do get 'hammered' by UEFA, then i hope they have the same punishment in store for the Spanish National team, The Spanish clubs involved in Racism, Lazio, Inter Milan and all other Italian clubs also for being Boring c*nts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Italy and Spain are major nations, UEFA/FIFA wont touch them cause clubs inthe G14 from those nations will threaten to breakaway from the UEFA Champions League

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Italy and Spain are major nations, UEFA/FIFA wont touch them cause clubs inthe G14 from those </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then we should request an interview, questioning them, why, similar action was not taken against other clubs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Bob Bean Bag:

It was Chelsea and Celtic fans who tanned the bus window </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What were Celtic fans doing in Europe - they got knocked out before the Paisley Fair!

As for any punishment, a fine and a severe slap on the wrists is what I think we'll get.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy "Muzza" Murray:

the Bastian thing was in the papers last week iirc. NO chance </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

People would have said the same thing about Le Guen - I'm happy to wait and see, though I'm not expecting to see him in a Rangers shirt next season.

Schweinsteiger \o/ posted this last week

no bloody way icon_biggrin.gif

We have our dis-agreements on this board, but at least most of us are realists when stuff like this is posted, a tard on susie was arguing the case that its very possible he could come to Ibrox, he couldnt accept it wasnt going to happen.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary Toner:

Were prime bait for UEFA to make an example off, We are not a member of G14, we aren't from one of Europe's power leagues but we are well known enough for anything they do to make an impact. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Inter got a fine and a 6 (or was it 4) game ban for their fans rioting and injuring a player on the pitch.

Don't think we'll get anything near that.

I'd love to see Boumsong back maybe for 10% of his last fee icon_biggrin.gif, he's only crap due to the Newcastle curse of making good players crap.

If uefa hammer us then what are they going to do about inter fans constant chanting against Zorro and those idiots in Spain? We'll have to set up a pressure group and make sure we're not given a relatively heavy punishment.

BBC website, gossip column probably, mentioned something about Le Guen wanting to sign Schwienstieger?

Likely to be any truth in it? - because if there is, then I'll enter a Telegraph (or whatever the paper is that lets you pick SPL and EPL players) Dream Team next season. He's ****ing AWESOME.

Bastian is very unlikely for a few reasons:

one - the SPL is usually the death of international footballers careers (not all, but ones from Germany etc at least)

two - we cant afford him, he'd be over £5m+ and we couldnt spend that on one player I wouldnt think

three - if he was for sale, better and richer clubs would be in the queue

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TM:

Bastian is very unlikely for a few reasons:

one - the SPL is usually the death of international footballers careers (not all, but ones from Germany etc at least)

two - we cant afford him, he'd be over £5m+ and we couldnt spend that on one player I wouldnt think

three - if he was for sale, better and richer clubs would be in the queue </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ta.

Hopefully he'll come to Spurs then icon_cool.gif

As far as I'm aware, Rangers have evidence that it wasn't a Rangers fan who smashed the team bus window but a mounted policeman.

In saying that though, the bus was swayed by a group of fans and although it was possibly done in jest more than violence it should not have happened. However, this incident didn't occur near the stadium so I believe UEFA cannot 'prosecute' over it directly. I'd imagine a warning for Rangers and Villarreal for this incident.

As for the more serious charge, it's quite unfortunate we have the usual suspects in here taking the moral highground over one negative away incident in as many years as I can remember. Yet, as soon as you mention the problems they have had on their travels (I won't bother highlighting them) they clam up. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Today is an opportunity for UEFA to try and do something positive that the SFA have failed to do over the last half-century or more. Unfortunately, this will probably be more of a publcicity exercise than anything else and a small fine the likely outcome. Of course the people who reported this (literally in one case) will claim a false victory in their ever-burgeoning one-sided agenda.

Will that remove 'discriminatory' chants from Ibrox or any other football stadia? Of course it won't - well not intially at least. Bigotry, although some on OTF and elsewhere would prefer to hide from this disgusting disease, is an ingrained social problem and the root cause can't be sourced nor blamed on Rangers or any other club.

It's unfortunate (and downright daft) of the people who reported this (they will be outed soon enough) to even suggest so. Removing the likes of FTP from football stadia is one positive step but until someone actually clarifies what is and what isn't offensive (no-one knows - I've tried asking!), then we're p!ssing into the wind.

The real problems of bigotry, racism, sectarianism and terrorism don't occur because of what is sung at football grounds. They occur because we have a Parliament that is impotent to debating and acting on the real problems within our society.

Today I'll welcome some action against Rangers. The meanings (literal or otherwise) of certain words can be debated today until doomsday but there's no doubt that certain chants don't have their place in football stadia. If we can remove some of these then great. I just hope the people who reported this will then turn their attention to the other offenders.

Until then, I hope that no-one tries to lecture Rangers or our fans when they have problems just as big as ours .

We'll have to take whatever punishment we get on the chin, simple as that. The whole affair does highlight the hypocrisy, bureaucratic inertia and skewed priorities present in football's governing bodies, but yes, we also have to look inwardly and accept certain attitudes must be flushed out.

Sad, but expected, to witness the glee some sections of the media and rival fans are embracing this. I'd advise caution to them however... you never know when similar concerns will return to bite you on the arse.

seems the general feeling is we'll get a fine - Britney in the Herald has said 25k, I think it will be around that or less

UEFA wont close off parts of Ibrox though, to the disgust of the fat pie man on Scotsport and all the Celtic mhedia though icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

When is this decision being made anyway? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Supposed to be this afternoon or maybe this evening.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

When is this decision being made anyway? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Supposed to be this afternoon or maybe this evening. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I read somewhere it was 1.30 local time I think

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrankJJ:

Can we assume youre all back in love with UEFA now?

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've always been in love with them but that is an expensive window icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Scottish club Rangers FC have been fined €13,000 for incidents at their UEFA Champions League first knockout round tie against Spanish outfit Villarreal CF last month.

Crowd disturbances

UEFA's Control and Disciplinary Body imposed the fine on Rangers following the improper conduct of some of their supporters, notably the smashing of a window of the Villarreal team bus at the second-leg match in Spain on 7 March.

Discriminatory chants

The body declared the Rangers fans not guilty of alleged discriminatory chants at both legs of the tie, which Villarreal won on the away-goals rule after the two sides had finished 3-3 on aggregate. This decision can be appealed against within three days of receiving the written grounds for the verdict, in which the reasonings will be explained.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vidmar:

haha giruy britney and gerry mcpacemaker.

BOO HOO SONS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can just imagine the spouting on the Zone tomorrow icon_biggrin.gif "we thought Rangers were going to get a heavy fine and this is pathetic" icon_mad.gif

ah well, UEFA with a good decision for once icon14.gif

Ha, UEFA doing a good job all of a sudden icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif I always had faith in them icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vidmar:

haha giruy britney and gerry mcpacemaker.

BOO HOO SONS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's hoping the pacemaker has a few problems with this decision.

Bit surprised at that... oh well, life's full of them.

I suppose the likes of Spiers and McNee will feel more determined to justify and vindicate their own bile... I can see the whitewash headlines now.

hm. while i think the whole investigation was a bit pathetic since they turn a blind eye to similar events in major leagues, i'm a little baffled how something like "We're up to our knees in Fenian blood, surrender or you'll die..." is deemed non-descriminatory. this just vindicates and encourages the ftp guys, surely? and indeed the same type of crap from celtic fans.

hm, uefa's consistent, at least.

Archived