The Rangers, Champions of Scotland thread: Season 05/06

Ter

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DandyDons1903:

Perhaps he'll just be honest and admit that you are finally getting your comeuppance for being a bunch of bigoted, facist, neo nazi knuckledraggers..? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh the irony

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We could be beaten 3-0 for every game the rest of the season, and Eck will still be the manager for every single last one of them.

that is the situation we are in.

We know it.

He knows it.

The players know it.

we have 2 games left this season and the rest are of no interest to anyone at the club bar the supporters

What's the excse this week? The ref? icon_biggrin.gif

Rangers are rank rotten, anyone who says the disallowed goal should be allowed, just remember Rangers got a dodgy decision like that against Porto. Come-uppance tbh. icon_cool.gif

Oh, and Fernando and Bazza are the biggest losers in the team, how can people expect players like Boyd and Burke to prosper when Captain and Vice-Captain are absoloutely crap week after week.

You'll still get second sadly icon13.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eleanor_Rigby:

When will Eck learn that to beat Hibs you have to flood the midfield? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pssst, we always play with a 2 man midfield that way we can fit more strikers and centre halfs on the park to punt the ball up too.

ecks book of tactics page 101.

if you happen to go a man down take half of your midfield off for another striker!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vidmar:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DandyDons1903:

Perhaps he'll just be honest and admit that you are finally getting your comeuppance for being a bunch of bigoted, facist, neo nazi knuckledraggers..? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh the irony </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

his team is getting ripped by Romanov Utd anyway icon14.gif

Garbage today. Really, really disappointing. No ideas, no heart, no ****ing clue.

Well done to Hibs though. Probably the worst they've played against us of the three games, but they still deserved to win over the piece.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Rangers boss Alex McLeish was clearly distraught after his side crashed out of the Scottish Cup at Ibrox.

He said: "It was sore. The second half was particularly difficult for me because I had been happy with the first-half performance.

"We missed a number of chances and then Sproule's pace caught us out again.

"I felt we still had a chance at 2-0 but I'll need to take another look at the Kyriagos decision because that could have made a difference." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I win the sweepstake or sort of icon_wink.gif I wonder if we might try something different in defence for Wednesday's trip to Pittodrie, maybe Fan-Fan getting a shot in central defence ahead of Soti/Marv? although he can probably pass and isnt a long ball merchant

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary Toner:

Sweepstake on the Eck-uses offered up by McLeish.

Can't blame the injuries no more nor the Champions League. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how's your game going by the way?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TM:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Rangers boss Alex McLeish was clearly distraught after his side crashed out of the Scottish Cup at Ibrox.

He said: "It was sore. The second half was particularly difficult for me because I had been happy with the first-half performance.

"We missed a number of chances and then Sproule's pace caught us out again.

"I felt we still had a chance at 2-0 but I'll need to take another look at the Kyriagos decision because that could have made a difference." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I win the sweepstake or sort of icon_wink.gif I wonder if we might try something different in defence for Wednesday's trip to Pittodrie, maybe Fan-Fan getting a shot in central defence ahead of Soti/Marv? although he can probably pass and isnt a long ball merchant </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With Soti and Marv looking like a couple of headless chickens you have to wonder how far out of the loop Fanfan is to not be given a shot ahead of them. If he's not going to give him a shot, he may as well stick Hemdani in there as he may have a calming influence on the other one. (Well, until he gets injured after 14 minutes, you know...)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyJ:

Eck said recently that he believes the team is deep and strong enough to deal with the challenges ahead for the rest of the season.

So if he feels the team isn't the problem what is? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Once he looks in the mirror he'll see what the problem is.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary Toner:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyJ:

Eck said recently that he believes the team is deep and strong enough to deal with the challenges ahead for the rest of the season.

Once he looks in the mirror he'll see what the problem is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly what I was thinking icon14.gif

Fanfan needs to get a shot now, the other two have proven to be non effective.

While we are at it get Klos back in goals too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My dream team in the local demands that too icon14.gif

Any news on Hemdani, kind of relying on him too icon14.gif

Once he looks in the mirror he'll see what the problem is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

eck looks in the mirror and sees this staring back at him

McLeish must go </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

was that today?

Its ok big has a plan

Eck’s wee book of notes

Left winger a priority with pace and crossing skill that can run at defenders.

Commanding centre back with composure and presence.

Cultured midfielder.

Feck it I’ll just try and bring in two forwards……that always works..

The last 10 minutes, and watching Hibs take the **** out of us was the most humiliating experience that I've had as a Rangers fan.

Riordan played an absolute gem of a pass for their 3rd. If we were serious about going for him, why did we wait until the 30th to make a move? Why not start at the start of the transfer window, or is the concept of planning completely and utterly lost on our idiot of a manager?

The Prso for Malcolm substitution has to rank as one of the most stupid I've ever witnessed. It's going to be a long few months.

oh god terrible terrible

only person to come out with any credit is Burke - I thought Marv was very dominant in the air, but I suspect he was at fault for 1 or more of the goals. Ricksen, Ferguson, Buffel, Soti absolutely disgraceful. I think the furthest Ricksen passed today was 5 yards to Burke.

At least it's the cup, if this was in the league I'd be so more ****ed off. What I'd give for 2nd now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GingerFurball:

Riordan played an absolute gem of a pass for their 3rd. If we were serious about going for him, why did we wait until the 30th to make a move? Why not start at the start of the transfer window, or is the concept of planning completely and utterly lost on our idiot of a manager?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And, allegedly, for the sake of £50,000? I mean £50,000 ffs David Murray makes than in the time it takes to type it.

Its not just the manager who is a total fanny.

we were paying something like 475k over a TWO year period, even I'd reject that if I was the Hibs chairman, Murray needs to bang out the cash in the summer or I can see more protests in the offing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GingerFurball:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And, allegedly, for the sake of £50,000? I mean £50,000 ffs David Murray makes than in the time it takes to type it.

Its not just the manager who is a total fanny. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Compare how we went after Riordan with how we went after Ferguson last year.

We declared our interest in Ferguson early in the window, which unsettled him, leaving Blackburn with a captain that didn't want to be there, thus weakening their position.

With Riordan, we make a desperate bid, which is rejected, and there's no time to negotiate. Had we opened talks 2 or 3 weeks ago, we might have been able to broker a deal.

• SI Staff

We need to get shot of Kyrgiakos and Andrews and get people in who can defend. I would go for a back four of Hutton, Rodriguez, Murray, Smith. We need more players in the midfield as well.

Terrible watching at the moment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vidmar:

Douglas?

You mean dougal?

yes i thought he did'nt have a great game but he got the disallowed goal spot on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Umm yeah I meant big Stuarty as Dougie called him. Thought he had a great game and got most decisions spot on.

Follow Follow's match report....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Rangers were denied a stonewall penalty in 51 minutes when Steven Whittaker handled to deny Lovenkrands a clear goalscoring opportunity - but incredibly the

referee waved play on. It was a certain penalty and a red card - and on such a decision the outcome of the game would hinge.

The tie was now running away from the Light Blues - with the Ibrox management gambling four minutes later by replacing Malcolm with Dado Prso, thus leaving the home side open to the counter-attack.

So it proved - for Sproule broke through in 58 minutes from an O'Connor head- flick to ram the ball home.

Two minutes later Sotirios Kyrgiakos headed home from a Lovenkrands cross only for Stuart Dougal to disallow the goal for an alleged foul by Boyd on Simon Brown - although the official was the only man in the ground who spotted an infringement.

Dougal's decisions were becoming more and more erratic - incredibly yellow-carding Ronald Waterreus in 64 minutes for alleged "time-wasting", at a time when his side were 0-2 down.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comic gold. Nice to see some of you took the defeat in the worst manner possible....

• SI Staff

I've no complaints about the ref and thought he did quite well and noticed he took the time to explain his decisions to the players. Maybe a wee bit too card happy.

Just like last time we failed to take our chances in the first half and Hibs stuck to their gameplan. We defended deep to stop Sproule getting in behind and besides the early stages of the match it worked fine and we were looking the better side. Second half and once Hibs got the goal it was all over. Just like last time we pushed further forward and were exposed at the back. It should have been more than 3.

Can see why the goal was chopped off as well. Boyd really needs to keep his arms down and just get on with it. It was an almighty leap from Soti and he might even have got the head on it if the goalie hadn't been restricted.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

I've no complaints about the ref and thought he did quite well and noticed he took the time to explain his decisions to the players. Maybe a wee bit too card happy.

Just like last time we failed to take our chances in the first half and Hibs stuck to their gameplan. We defended deep to stop Sproule getting in behind and besides the early stages of the match it worked fine and we were looking the better side. Second half and once Hibs got the goal it was all over. Just like last time we pushed further forward and were exposed at the back. It should have been more than 3.

Can see why the goal was chopped off as well. Boyd really needs to keep his arms down and just get on with it. It was an almighty leap from Soti and he might even have got the head on it if the goalie hadn't been restricted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think Brown would've stood a chance if he hadn't been impeded. Boyd made it nice and obvious as well with the two blatant looks he made at Brown while the ball was in the air as well.

The penalty incident he's talking about is an utter joke to be honest and not one mention of it has been made anywhere, and he seems to think it's a stonewall red card.

Thought the game summed up Rangers, good for spells but the minute you stop backing off them and put pressure on, you look an utter shambles, bereft of creativity or defence solidity.

Burke's quality though.

• SI Staff

Can't argue with that.

I'd like to see a central defence of Murray and Rodriguez. Andrews and Soti just scare me and Smith has done well when he's come into the team.

We need a new manager but I feel we're stuck with McLeish until the summer. It's so bad I would even take Souness icon_frown.gif

Archived