The Rangers, Champions of Scotland thread: Season 05/06

Ter

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vidmar:

Yes, my mind is made up because i watched him in about 40 games and never saw him play well.

That Eion Jess has great potential eh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I'll tell you one thing.... Ball would NEVR have been sold had he been on smaller wages.... FACT.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimbo22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vidmar:

Yes, my mind is made up because i watched him in about 40 games and never saw him play well.

That Eion Jess has great potential eh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I'll tell you one thing.... Ball would NEVR have been sold had he been on smaller wages.... FACT. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh i won't argue the point there, Tony Vidmar was a good squad player for ~8k per week. Would'nt have laster a season on 25k per week tho, not even back then

You could tell Ball thought he was a good player and believed his media hype. The fact was the guy did little to live up to the standards set by players like Numan and Davie Robertson and didn't justify his transfer fee or wages. Getting him off the books is good buisness imo, although i'm not convinced about players like Oliver Bernard (if true).

Guest sav112

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Fillipo Maniero </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Venezia striker Fillipo

Maniero says Glasgow Rangers have offered £9 million to sign him. .

thats actually out there in the news

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sav112:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Fillipo Maniero </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Venezia striker Fillipo

Maniero says Glasgow Rangers have offered £9 million to sign him. .

thats actually out there in the news </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wtf? icon_confused.gif

Guest sav112

Maniero, who turns 33 in September, is one of the most experienced players in Italian football, having already represented Palermo, Venezia, Sampdoria, Milan, Parma, Padova, Verona, Ascoli and Atalanta in his career

it's ok TM that report was from 2000, but shows thee was an interest icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sav112:

why we would sign a 33 year old icon_rolleyes.gif forward </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you'd think we'd have learned our lesson with Ostenstad! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">it's ok TM that report was from 2000, but shows thee was an interest Wink </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I saw that on FF just about 5 minutes later, thank god icon_biggrin.gif the days of when we'd spend over £5m on players icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> ITALIAN striker Filippo Maniero has joined Rangers just minutes before the closing of the transfer window.

The 32-year-old has vast experience from Italian football having played with Venezia, Parma and Sampdoria - among others. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No2, just waiting for the 3rd...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TM:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> ITALIAN striker Filippo Maniero has joined Rangers just minutes before the closing of the transfer window.

The 32-year-old has vast experience from Italian football having played with Venezia, Parma and Sampdoria - among others. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No2, just waiting for the 3rd... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GingerFurball:

I have to say, I'm less than impressed with these signings - we're crying out for wide players, not strikers! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, I think we only needed one striker tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GingerFurball:

I have to say, I'm less than impressed with these signings - we're crying out for wide players, not strikers! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A left back. We only have Stevie Smith (and Murray who I prefer in midfield)

Stevie Smith is no worse than Michael Ball at a fraction of the wage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye nae bother......

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimbo22:

Stevie Smith is no worse than Michael Ball at a fraction of the wage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye nae bother...... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not comparing quality as a player, but i'd say far much more value for money.

If Steven Smith is on 1k per week and Michael Ball is on 24k per week i'd take Smith 100% of the time simple as that

If Steven Smith is on 1k per week and Michael Ball is on 24k per week i'd take Smith 100% of the time simple as that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So if the young lad came in and was dire.... just because he's on less wages you'd be happy???

Absolute madness loyal icon_confused.gif

If Steven Smith is on 1k per week and Michael Ball is on 24k per week i'd take Smith 100% of the time simple as that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So if the young lad came in and was dire.... just because he's on less wages you'd be happy???

Absolute madness loyal icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yep, because Michael Ball is dire on funny money icon_smile.gif

yep, because Michael Ball is dire on funny money icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

idiot!

yep, because Michael Ball is dire on funny money icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

idiot! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

your entitled to your opinion, if that leads you donw the line of personal insults so be it.

If your judge of a character is as good as your judge as a player should i kill myself now? icon_frown.gif

If your judge of a character is as good as your judge as a player should i kill myself now? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well maybe you should look at the Guus Hiddink's and the Champions League semi-finalists idea of a player.

In fact i;m surprised that they never bought Stevie Smith icon_rolleyes.gif

I feel a wee bit sorry for Ball with the idea of him being the one that everyone wanted out cause of his high wages, to be honest any of us would have taken 28k a week if it was offered - although I'm quite happy to see him away and those wages lifted

If your judge of a character is as good as your judge as a player should i kill myself now? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well maybe you should look at the Guus Hiddink's and the Champions League semi-finalists idea of a player.

In fact i;m surprised that they never bought Stevie Smith icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So every player Guus Huddinnk signs is automatically really good?

Michael Rieziger/Ball disproves your thoery

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

Michael Ball hasn't looked interested in playing for Rangers for a long time so it's good we got one of the high earners off the wage bill. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would you look interested when the club tries to shaft you at every chance they get??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

Michael Ball hasn't looked interested in playing for Rangers for a long time so it's good we got one of the high earners off the wage bill. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would you look interested when the club tries to shaft you at every chance they get?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the boy got a transfer to a top european club much better than us) for free and is on the same or similar wages, and a higher chance of first team football. We also bust a gut to negotiate a package with everton to get him to play for us again.

I fail to see the shafting

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jorg:

So, was Bernard confirmed as a signing or is it just Jeffers and Maniero. Also, I notice Lovenkrands didn't move. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So far just Jeffers and Maniero.... on Cefax page 311 it says that we've paid £1.5 million for Maniero... hope to feck for Eck's sake that is wrong!!

Guest sav112

Lads some rated ball others did not. There are arguments for both sides we can agree.

This will just turn into Blouses at 12 paces

It could be worse we could have Balde on a 4 year contract at the reported £28,000

I can see us signing a few players come January anyway if we do ok in the CL.

. We also bust a gut to negotiate a package with everton to get him to play for us again.

I fail to see the shafting </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That he had to pay himself FFS.... icon13.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ibroxhero:

I will get slaughtetred for this but I'm glad Lovenkrands has stayed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm glad too - he's had a reasonable start to the season, and if he'd left, we'd have nothing at all on the left hand side.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stan petrov:

Bernards a decent signing for you lot,I woulda took him for Celtic in an instant.

dunno about the Italian Stallion though icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not so much of a stallion, more of a shetland pony.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

Cant say I'm overly excited by the signings. Glad to see the back of Ball et al, but I await to be entranced by the new players... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats only because you have Mo Camera at left back!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> RANGERS will open up talks with former Newcastle and Southampton defender Olivier Bernard.

The French full back is available as a free agent and is seens as the ideal replacement for Michael Ball, who has left Rangers for PSV Eindhoven.

Bernard joined Saints in January after four years with Newcastle and can also operate on the left side of midfield.

The 26-year-old has terrific experience of the Premiership with Geordies and has also been involved in a number of of European matches.

Manager Alex Mcleish sees him as a good addition to the squad and chief executive Martin Bain is seto open up discussions with Bernard on Thursday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No3 - free agent though, so can sign at any time, any other good frees around in Europe etc that we could snap up?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

Cant say I'm overly excited by the signings. Glad to see the back of Ball et al, but I await to be entranced by the new players... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats only because you have Mo Camera at left back! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TM:

No3 - free agent though, so can sign at any time, any other good frees around in Europe etc that we could snap up? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah that explains it, was thinking it was a tad late to be 'in talks' icon_biggrin.gif

Thats only because you have Mo Camera at left back! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Archived