The Rangers, Champions of Scotland thread: Season 05/06

Ter

He defended similar posting the other week by saying it wasn't him and said he's change his password.

I wonder if he attends the same 'college' as our kev?

These guys seem to have a real problem arguing with facts.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sav112

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sav112:

Nope Dado was M.o.M icon14.gif and rightly so </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would have said Ferguson was the MoM. He controlled the game and all of our play came through him. I thought Ricksen's final ball was terrible. Dado was brilliant again though.

btw, the CL draw rehearsal gave us a group with Arsenal, PSV and Udinese! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No denying Ferguson controlled the midfield and played well, I was going on the official M.o.M given at the end of the game and on the official match report.

Not much between Buffel, Baz and Dado they all played really well. Dado I always liked but Buffel is just getting better and better He could turn out to be an other fans favorite like Albertz

The draw is just about on, cant wait !!!

Guest sav112

should be great, I just thought wait and see we will get group G with Chelsea and liverpool icon_wink.gif

Inter Milan, Porto will done nicely icon14.gif

lol Artmedia icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Haz:

oops I mean, "oh dear, that Artmedia are brillaint icon_frown.gif " </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Home to Porto first game for you

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Inter are probably the weakest top seed Big Grin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldnt agree with that, Adriano > the weakest on his own (Liverpool)

still we better not say anything about Artmedia, lightning might struck twice - although I cant see it happening

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TM:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Inter are probably the weakest top seed Big Grin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

still we better not say anything about Artmedia, lightning might struck twice - although I cant see it happening </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah but if he gets injured they lack punch up front tbh

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vidmar:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TM:

still we better not say anything about Artmedia, lightning might struck twice - although I cant see it happening </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah but if he gets injured they lack punch up front tbh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lets hope so icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by McDonut:

Gives us a fighting chance of at least third. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_redface.gif

Surely if you dont come at least 3rd it'll be a major failure?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jambo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by McDonut:

icon_redface.gif

Surely if you dont come at least 3rd it'll be a major failure? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well of what I saw at Artmedia at CP, yes it would be a huge failure - I dunno if it was a case of Celtic being pish and them playing well in Bratislava, but I reckon we should be able to win over there if we are professional and ruthless enough

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jambo:

icon_redface.gif

Surely if you dont come at least 3rd it'll be a major failure? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably - tabloid journos across the land are no doubt already hunting for a decent pair of donkeys ears.

Artmedia were pish at CP, but they're in the group stages of the CL so they're not complete mugs. Better to play the underdog and go there with low expectations imo. Part of Celtic's problem in that first leg was arrogance and complacency.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And we get to play them behind closed doors at the San Siro. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was wondering, does that mean Rangers fans will have most of the stadium (or a part of it at least) or is that no fans at all?

Speaking of which

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">From the official club site's interview with Roberto Mancini

"A good group. It could have gone worse, but we have two unknowns," said Roberto Mancini to Inter Channel about Inter's Champions League group stage draw. "The unknowns are Artmedia Bratislava, who quite honestly we have to study, and the environmental factor of playing our home matches behind closed doors, which as we saw last night is a very strange situation because it's a long way from the spirit of the sport. For this reason we're still hoping the UEFA president will consider our proposal to play on a neutral pitch or even twice away from home instead of behind closed doors, with the gate receipts to go to the European populations that are currently faced with serious difficulties. It's true that, after the first time it could be easier for our players. We will also train to this end in the coming weeks. But it's certainly a risk, which is a reason why I was quite nervous before coming on to the pitch the other evening.

"It's in any case a tough group because Porto are a team that play football well and Rangers are particularly fearsome at home. I honestly don't know much about Bratislava, even if the first thing to bear in mind is that if they have got this far then they certainly have values we have to learn about and must be respected.

"Compared to last season Porto have lost a few important players but they have added some good youngsters to their squad and will still be a fearsome opponent. As far as Rangers are concerned, it certainly won't be easy to play there. Perhaps it wasn't a coincidence that I saw them win the derby 3-1 against Celtic. They're a good team with a very strong character.

"The level of physical condition will certainly influence the first two group matches, but with each matchday this problem should be resolved because the Italian tournament will be in full swing. It's a good group for Inter, but it's certainly not easy, so we must pay maximum attention on every front. And even if it won't be the first time, there's always question mark when you play behind closed doors. I still hope UEFA might rethink; there's time to understand and evaluate." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Match dates taken from Rangers.co.uk

13th September - Rangers v Porto

28th September - Inter Milan v Rangers

19th October - Rangers v Artmedia Bratislava

1st November - Artmedia Bratislava v Rangers

23rd November - Porto v Rangers

6th December - Rangers V Inter Milan

At home to Inter two days before my birthday \o/ nice wee pressie for me i hope

Having Inter at home last day could be fb for you as they may have qualified and rest players.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by underwater sunlight:

definately cant complain. although inter may not look the best, with the players and experience they have, they could do bettrer than people expect.

i dont expect much from porto tbh, they seem to have went downhill since mourinho left

artmedia sounds promising tbh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Porto do have Co Adriaanse as their manager now though and he was able to help Alkmaar beat us 1-0 in Holland last season, so I'm not saying anything until I see the finished Gers team for the competition (just incase we buy someone) and see what happens on Matchday 1

I keep forgetting that we still have Hemdani to come into the team, I would like to see Ricksen in midfield as well but it is just where to put him.

Lovenkrands looked pretty poor again last night as did Novo, he is so short of confidence it is unreal. I would be delighted to see a left-sided player arrive on loan before Wednesday. icon14.gif

Hemdani and Nieto are fit for Hibs on Saturday and "chapping on the door" so to speak icon_wink.gif and apparently due to something on FF, Bain has said there isnt any money until we get rid of the wage grabbers like Lovenpants, Ball, Mladenovic etc icon_mad.gif although that doesnt mean we couldnt loan somebody maybe

Hemdani and Nieto are fit for Hibs on Saturday and "chapping on the door" so to speak icon_wink.gif and apparently due to something on FF, Bain has said there isnt any money until we get rid of the wage grabbers like Lovenpants, Ball, Mladenovic etc icon_mad.gif although that doesnt mean we couldnt loan somebody maybe </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mladenovic is a right pain in the ar$e, I can't remember him having one decent game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary Toner:

Match dates taken from Rangers.co.uk

13th September - Rangers v Porto

28th September - Inter Milan v Rangers

19th October - Rangers v Artmedia Bratislava

1st November - Artmedia Bratislava v Rangers

23rd November - Porto v Rangers

6th December - Rangers V Inter Milan

At home to Inter two days before my birthday \o/ nice wee pressie for me i hope </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mine too icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

WE'LL DO A CELTIC ON RANGERS - ARTMEDIA STAR

By Chris Roberts, PA Sport

Artmedia Bratislava are disappointed at drawing Rangers in Champions League

Group H but have vowed to do to them what they did to rivals Celtic.

The Slovakian champions sent Gordon Strachan's men crashing out in the

qualifiers after a 5-0 stunning home victory and are confident Alex McLeish's

side can also be beaten.

But despite also landing Porto and Inter Milan, they felt the draw could have

been better.

Skipper Balazs Borbely said: ``I am relatively satisfied with the draw but my

feelings are mixed right now.

``We will play strong, well-known opponents but they are not like the real

whoppers like Real Madrid or AC Milan.

``On the other hand, we have a chance to win some points from the games with

them.

``Porto are not as strong as in Jose Mourinho`s era and Glasgow Rangers are

not very strong outside Scotland.

``We will see how it will be in Glasgow again. The fans of Rangers supported

us when we played Celtic and it is possible the fans of Celtic will support us

now.''

Juraj Halenar, who scored a hat-trick against Celtic in Bratislava, added:

``I would like to have had Real Madrid or Manchester United together with Sparta

Prague in our group.

``On the other hand, our group is not bad. There's a couple of worse

combinations - for example - to play Juventus and Bayern. We can win some points

in home games versus Rangers and probably versus Porto.''

Midfielder Jan Kozak concluded: ``I wanted Real Madrid a lot but but we made

sad a half of Glasgow once this year and we can do the same to the half now.'' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thought you fellas might be interested in this

It's a decent draw but I think 3rd place is as good as it will get.

Inter will have too much for us and although Porto certainly aren't the same team of the last few years, they will still represent problems for us. Artmedia are the 4th seeds and we should be looking to beat them home and away. Celtic proved in the second leg that they're not really all that good and the 5-0 game was somehwat of a freak result.

3rd place is achievable and as long as we can keep our best players fit and free of suspension then there's no reason why we can't do that while looking to pressure Porto for second.

Unfortunately, when you still have the likes of Malcolm, Ross, Dragan, Lovenkrands and Ball hanging about, your squad isn't really strong enough to we can qualify with any sort of confidence. With a bit of luck we can get rid of at least 2 of them and maybe bring in another player.

icon_smile.gif

I did like this quote from the Artmedia coach

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

"If Celtic are anything to go by, we don't have to worry about returning to Glasgow.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Haz:

I did like this quote from the Artmedia coach

"If Celtic are anything to go by, we don't have to worry about returning to Glasgow.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you have to laugh considering they got pumped 4-0 at the stydome icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie:

It's a decent draw but I think 3rd place is as good as it will get.

icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

agreed can't see us qualifiying

I can see us get 2nd, the fixture draw is just about perfect for us tbh. Of course theres a lot of ifs and buts, like can Artmedia please get gubbed by us twice and then take something off the other two. I fancy we can beat Porto at home, get gubbed in Milan, should then take six points from the team that humiliated some wee diddy team in the 2nd qualifying round which will probably leave us needing one point from our last two games to go through. Now we all know how well we do in those...... oh....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary Toner:

Speaking of which

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">From the official club site's interview with Roberto Mancini

"A good group. It could have gone worse, but we have two unknowns," said Roberto Mancini to Inter Channel about Inter's Champions League group stage draw. "The unknowns are Artmedia Bratislava, who quite honestly we have to study, and the environmental factor of playing our home matches behind closed doors, which as we saw last night is a very strange situation because it's a long way from the spirit of the sport. For this reason we're still hoping the UEFA president will consider our proposal to play on a neutral pitch or even twice away from home instead of behind closed doors, with the gate receipts to go to the European populations that are currently faced with serious difficulties. It's true that, after the first time it could be easier for our players. We will also train to this end in the coming weeks. But it's certainly a risk, which is a reason why I was quite nervous before coming on to the pitch the other evening.

"It's in any case a tough group because Porto are a team that play football well and Rangers are particularly fearsome at home. I honestly don't know much about Bratislava, even if the first thing to bear in mind is that if they have got this far then they certainly have values we have to learn about and must be respected.

"Compared to last season Porto have lost a few important players but they have added some good youngsters to their squad and will still be a fearsome opponent. As far as Rangers are concerned, it certainly won't be easy to play there. Perhaps it wasn't a coincidence that I saw them win the derby 3-1 against Celtic. They're a good team with a very strong character.

"The level of physical condition will certainly influence the first two group matches, but with each matchday this problem should be resolved because the Italian tournament will be in full swing. It's a good group for Inter, but it's certainly not easy, so we must pay maximum attention on every front. And even if it won't be the first time, there's always question mark when you play behind closed doors. I still hope UEFA might rethink; there's time to understand and evaluate." </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mancini being polite trying to lower expectation icon_biggrin.gif

Archived