The Rangers, Champions of Scotland thread: Season 05/06

Ter

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TM:

another super-human effort from Aberdeen against Rangers, who'd have thunk it? icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

paranoia \o/

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TM:

another super-human effort from Aberdeen against Rangers, who'd have thunk it? icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that the Aberdeen who have taken 5pts out of the last 75pts and haven't beaten you for 7 years? icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevethedog:

paranoia \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's also factually incorrect when you look at how many points they have taken from Rangers in the last 7 years.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbhoy:

Is that the Aberdeen who have taken 5pts out of the last 75pts and haven't beaten you for 7 years? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they have now - and they lost 2-1 to Killie last week, then somehow beat us with only 3 shots on goal?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbhoy:

Is that the Aberdeen who have taken 5pts out of the last 75pts and haven't beaten you for 7 years? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they have now - and they lost 2-1 to Killie last week, then somehow beat us with only 3 shots on goal? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But it's hardly "another super human effort" is it? How many years back do you want to go?

Well that was a load of pish, Nando was a fool, he cost us the game and we now lose him for next week, nice one.

Aberdeen deserved the win, didn't offer much but Smith's goal was a cracker. Not too worried about the loss though, its early days lots of football to be played and plenty of teams will drop points throughout the course of the season.

Prso was his usual awesome self, worked his socks off all game, head and shoulders above any of our other players. Peter worked hard and his goal was AMAZING, he got running at players and got more stuck in so credit to him, didnt think taking him off was a good choice, down to 10 men i thought the pace he offered would be an asset throwing long balls forward. Murray again impressed me, played in a variety of positions and looked comfortable all over the park.

Lets get our heads together and get back to winning ways next week boys. MON THE GERS!

But it's hardly "another super human effort" is it? How many years back do you want to go? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what I've seen of Rangers it was hardly going to take a super human effort to beat them.

Yeah TM have to agree with Jim, you're talking pish , the Sheeps record against us has been ***** recently and they actually have a decent record against Celtic. The only people to blame are the Rangers players and management, all this paranoia pish from Rangers fans is starting to get tiresome actually.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HOORAY HENRIK:

But it's hardly "another super human effort" is it? How many years back do you want to go? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what I've seen of Rangers it was hardly going to take a super human effort to beat them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bit like Celtic you mean?

they have now - and they lost 2-1 to Killie last week, then somehow beat us with only 3 shots on goal? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Got to love the paranoia. icon_smile.gif

Killie are a team in form at the moment and the fact that Aberdeen won with only three shots on goal surely has a lot more to do with the shakey start to the season the Rangers defense has made, as well as Ricksen being sent off.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HOORAY HENRIK:

From what I've seen of Rangers it was hardly going to take a super human effort to beat them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bit like Celtic you mean? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Giroking:

Got to love the paranoia. icon_smile.gif

Killie are a team in form at the moment and the fact that Aberdeen won with only three shots on goal surely has a lot more to do with the shakey start to the season the Rangers defense has made, as well as Ricksen being sent off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's called "starting with Bob Malcolm in the centre of defence" cant believe Eck lets him anywhere near the Rangers 1st team now icon_mad.gif

Oh and seeing the way Hearts are playing they could put 3/4 past us at this rate, we need to tighten up in defence. I still can't believe Nando today, he squared up with Novo after Prso's goal in the centre circle over something as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Oh and seeing the way Hearts are playing they could put 3/4 past us at this rate </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hearts will cool down at some point I'd expect, they've shot out of the blocks quickly and are playing some great football, but you always have a dip with teams outwith the OF at some point - and Hearts would probably pump 3/4 past Celtic as well, but as long as we keep big Bob away from our defence, we'd probably do aright

Bob wasn't the main problem today. Nando was the cause for the downfall, Bob made one stupid mistake giving the freekick away but Nando was running around like a headless chicken running into everything.

I agree Bob isn't the perfect guy for the centre of defence but today cannot be blamed on him solely.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

If a team outside the OF doesnt at least run the title race close this season, they should all be bloody ashamed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Totally agree with this, I expect Hearts to split the old firm this season. However, it is not because the pack is catching up its because Rangers and Celtic are getting worse.

Eck has to make some important decisions sharpish or this season's gonna be a struggle.

There's been too much tinkering with formations and players. Admittedly, injuries haven't helped but he has to find a settled first eleven.

If a team outside the OF doesnt at least run the title race close this season, they should all be bloody ashamed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's still a massive difference with wage bills, squad depth and the general quality of players, so your comment makes no sense whatsoever. Until the other 10 teams can match those little facts (which they won't) i don't see why any club should be expected to challenge them, nor be ashamed. You're talking baws icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eleanor_Rigby:

There's still a massive difference with wage bills, squad depth and the general quality of players, so your comment makes no sense whatsoever. Until the other 10 teams can match those little facts (which they won't) i don't see why any club should be expected to challenge them, nor be ashamed. You're talking baws icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see your point but the way both teams have performed over recent times then the chance is there for one of the other teams. If Hearts for example, can find some consistency then they will have a great chance because Rangers and Celtic will drop points, especially away from home.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jorg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eleanor_Rigby:

There's still a massive difference with wage bills, squad depth and the general quality of players, so your comment makes no sense whatsoever. Until the other 10 teams can match those little facts (which they won't) i don't see why any club should be expected to challenge them, nor be ashamed. You're talking baws icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see your point but the way both teams have performed over recent times then the chance is there for one of the other teams. If Hearts for example, can find some consistency then they will have a great chance because Rangers and Celtic will drop points, especially away from home. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So with that logic, certain teams outwith the OF won't hit a bad patch either, otherwise they'll be regarded as embarrassments? The other 10 teams aren't expected to compete with the big two, so it's laughable when people expect them to be competitive with Rangers and Celtic.

Also, Celtic are in domestic turmoil because they've drew 1 game? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jorg:

I see your point but the way both teams have performed over recent times then the chance is there for one of the other teams. If Hearts for example, can find some consistency then they will have a great chance because Rangers and Celtic will drop points, especially away from home. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So with that logic, certain teams outwith the OF won't hit a bad patch either, otherwise they'll be regarded as embarrassments? The other 10 teams aren't expected to compete with the big two, so it's laughable when people expect them to be competitive with Rangers and Celtic.

Also, Celtic are in domestic turmoil because they've drew 1 game? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, my main example are Hearts who have brought in quality players and are building a decent squad. They probably will have a bad spell but I believe they will split the old firm. You are right about the rest of the teams, they are sh!te!!

Guest sav112

A little disappointed after we came back to 2-2 but hey Celtic and Rangers will have to fight real hard with Aberdeen, Hearts and Hib’s this season to get points and that could mean the season will be fantastic and not down to Old firm Games. I’d be worried if Celtic had a great team like they had a few seasons back but they don’t and will drop points.

We needed that creative spark from Buffel and Hemdani who were missing; Beffel was fantastic towards the end of last season that contributed to us being the current Champions. Loosing one of the best players if not the best of last season for an Old firm Game, Ricksen should be ashamed, its testament to his displays that the tic fans are happy he’s out. icon_frown.gif

If we get through to the Champions league icon14.gifthen that reportedly income of up to 12M must be used even in a small part to bring in a left sided winger of some class.

Gaz don’t you dare watch the Ibrox game on Saturday. icon_wink.gif

Aaaa good to see Jim on and he said I just showed up on the Tic thread when the Gers were on top.

icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sav112:

Aaaa good to see Jim on and he said I just showed up on the Tic thread when the Gers were on top.

icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well you had to appear didn't you. icon_rolleyes.gif

Of course they should be expected to challenge, what a load of pish. Especially with the financial backing Hearts have now, they can have no excuses. Lack of ambition and lack of guts basically.

And since when did money guarantee success anyway? Right now the OF are there for the taking, its just a matter of having the self belief and the confidence to rack up the points till they get their act together. Not that anyone will cos all the other teams like to hide behind their little excuses.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by afc1903:

Have a look at the back page of the NOTW (scottish) icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wouldn't have that scummy rag within 100 yards of my house. What does it say? Presumably something about Nando's discipline?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

You ***** wankers fecked up my bet today

I hope you get fecking relegated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Poor betting tbh

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

You ***** wankers fecked up my bet today

I hope you get fecking relegated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Poor betting tbh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs

only got yourself to blame

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by McDonut:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by afc1903:

Have a look at the back page of the NOTW (scottish) icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wouldn't have that scummy rag within 100 yards of my house. What does it say? Presumably something about Nando's discipline? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nando asking for calm or something

Of course they should be expected to challenge, what a load of pish. Especially with the financial backing Hearts have now, they can have no excuses. Lack of ambition and lack of guts basically. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lack of ambition?? I mean, WTF???? Have you been living with your head firmly shoved up your ass?

The financial mess that most clubs now find themselves in is down to the fact they showed a little too much ambition. If you're too stupid to realise the financial gulf between the OF and the rest and the competitive edge that those said finances give the OF over the rest, well maybe you're not the best person to be having this discussion with.

Hearts can afford 25k players on their books? That's a new one one me icon_eek.gif

Guest sav112

Well you had to appear didn't you. icon_rolleyes.gif

Well it is the Champions thread, so yeah I'm in here. didn't catch you on on this when we got an away Euro result..... icon_biggrin.gif

And since when did money guarantee success anyway? Right now the OF are there for the taking, its just a matter of having the self belief and the confidence to rack up the points till they get their act together. Not that anyone will cos all the other teams like to hide behind their little excuses. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahahahahaa. Don't be daft.

This is the poorest Rangers and Celtic have been for a while. That doesn't mean then that 2 or 3 other clubs are all of a sudden going to go on huge unbeated runs and challenge. None of the other clubs have the squad depth of the old firm and if we did start putting up a challenge then it wouldn't exactly be difficult for the old firm (and a little hand from the media) to feck that right up.

Nobody knows what Hearts are capable of this season still. I'd be worried but it's ludicrous to be suggesting that they should be challenging when they are still only getting roughtly 14k a week and yet have a 20 M debt to deal with.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sav112:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Well you had to appear didn't you. icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well it is the Champions thread, so yeah I'm in here. didn't catch you on on this when we got an away Euro result..... icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not as if you appear in the Celtic thread when we win. icon_smile.gif

• SI Staff

Rangers didn't play THAT bad today. A silly tackle from Malcolm then a stupid attempted clearance from him cost the first goal, then he was totally ripped for the second. Was totally the right decision to remove him at half time, although by then most of the damage was already done.

Managed to get back into the game and then from Ricksen's sending off (missed it) icon_frown.gif we were hardly in the game at all, then Mr Ross thought it would be good to clear the ball to the edge of the box.

The management have to look at themselves after that and think why they selected those players.

It was nothing about anyone raising their game for this particular fixture.

Oh and Prso was v.impressive again, the rest of your team was rather poor </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

think your being a bit hard on Ian Murray there i thought he did ok?

but congrats on the win, lovells goal was a good one as was smiths.

Guest sav112

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Well you had to appear didn't you. icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well it is the Champions thread, so yeah I'm in here. didn't catch you on on this when we got an away Euro result..... icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not as if you appear in the Celtic thread when we win. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

now to be fair that took a while icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vidmar:

Oh and Prso was v.impressive again, the rest of your team was rather poor </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

think your being a bit hard on Ian Murray there i thought he did ok?

but congrats on the win, lovells goal was a good one as was smiths. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ian Murray is possibly the surprise of the transfers so far, looks so composed and the versatility he has is a great thing for us icon_cool.gif

Archived