The Rangers, Champions of Scotland thread: Season 05/06

Ter

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stephen Wilson:

So which big European clubs did you beat this week to signing that new wee French guy? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hardly wee, he's 6'1"... icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary Toner:

Real Madrid, Inter, Milan, Bayern Munich, Valencia, Barcelona and Cumnock Juniors icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And Celtic... (the new Spurs).... icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stephen Wilson:

Cumnock Jrs icon_redface.gif

He must be top quality then, new Papin? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, a left-winger, 6'1", of african descent and built like Bobo Badly.

Definitely the new Papin. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

Has this signing not been on the cards for ages anyway. He's been over to train with us a couple of months ago. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, dany was at Auchenhowie on trial a couple of months back.

icon_smile.gif

• SI Staff

I just know he's French, didn't know anything about him icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Neither do we tbh icon_biggrin.gif

I just know he's French, didn't know anything about him icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're going to take the p!ss, at least get yer facts right... icon_biggrin.gif

Who did you beat to the signing on Mo Camara? Crewe? Bristol?

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Who did you beat to the signing on Mo Camara? Crewe? Bristol? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by McDonut:

More rumours circulating about Webster.

Another Paul Ritchie in my book. icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hardly, Ritchie was never that good in the first place. Naysmith, David Weir, some Italian dude and even "Donkey Dave" bailed Ritchie out more often than not.

Along wae Elvis, Weir has had a tremendous season for us and Rangers could possibly do a lot worse than Weir.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eleanor_Rigby:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by McDonut:

Hardly, Ritchie was never that good in the first place. Naysmith, David Weir, some Italian dude and even "Donkey Dave" bailed Ritchie out more often than not.

Along wae Elvis, Webster has had a tremendous season for us and Rangers could possibly do a lot worse than Webster. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got Weir on the heed icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sheer Class:

What Vignal like Rangers fans icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly what ter and vidmar said. But I also remember him making some brilliant runs from his own half, beating 4 or 5 players at a time.(before

hitting the side netting with his cross)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eleanor_Rigby:

Along wae Elvis, Weir has had a tremendous season for us and Rangers could possibly do a lot worse than Weir. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont think he's talking about talent, he's meaning plays for a few games then gets shifted out just like most Scottish "talent" at Gers icon13.gif

I remember when Kilmarnock came to Ibrox last season (the 1st time), the ball was played along the floor to vignal, and in an attempt to control the ball, vignal lifted his foot right over the ball. The ball broke to Kris Boyd who hit the post from 20 yards, almost equalising. I think Vignal had a habit of making mistakes around his own box

Vignal was average. No more, no less.

He thought we was better than he was and that's the main reason he's still without a club with his rather inflated wage demands.

Puts in a good shift though and gets forward well, but is nothing special when it comes down it.

Neither is Michael Ball on £20K+ a week either, mind you.

I don't think Ball was anything special at any stage last season.

No more than avergae, but if he took a 50% pay cut, then perhaps he might be worth it.

I doubt he'll be here much longer though and I much rather see him go and get in Hutzi to replace him.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gersguy_13:

I remember when Kilmarnock came to Ibrox last season (the 1st time), the ball was played along the floor to vignal, and in an attempt to control the ball, vignal lifted his foot right over the ball. The ball broke to Kris Boyd who hit the post from 20 yards, almost equalising. I think Vignal had a habit of making mistakes around his own box </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was his fault for Caley Thistle's equaliser against us at Ibrox. The moon man tried to duck and let the ball go out for a goal kick, which would have been the end of the match, but it hit him on the back comedy style and he fell over and the Caley player rattled it into the net. Right in front of me as well. icon_mad.gif

He done the exact same thing in the next match but got away with it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie:

I don't think Ball was anything special at any stage last season.

No more than avergae, but if he took a 50% pay cut, then perhaps he might be worth it.

I doubt he'll be here much longer though and I much rather see him go and get in Hutzi to replace him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you also wanted us to sign Gavin Rae though :/ icon_razz.gif

I think Vignal got complacent when he got a loan at Rangers as I was at the friendly against Tottenham where he was a trialist and I thought he was superb. He was putting some great crosses into the box from deep and worked well with Lovenkrands down the left wing. When did it all go wrong icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">When did it all go wrong icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

when he though he was Ronaldinho and could get a bigger wage than he deserved, he still pishes all over Lovenkrands though, shame we couldnt get rid of him and at least keep Vignal as a squad player on a lower wage

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gersguy_13:

On top of my complaining about Vignal, when did Lovenkrands become so bad. In season 01/02 he was scoring goals in nearly every old firm game and in season 02/03 he was just as good. I think there is a curse against left sided players at Ibrox icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even AC Milan wanted him

when did Lovenkrands become so bad. In season 01/02 he was scoring goals in nearly every old firm game and in season 02/03 he was just as good. I think there is a curse against left sided players at Ibrox icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/2055443.stm

icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deerokus:

when did Lovenkrands become so bad. In season 01/02 he was scoring goals in nearly every old firm game and in season 02/03 he was just as good. I think there is a curse against left sided players at Ibrox icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/2055443.stm

icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

£8 MILLION icon_eek.gif Seeing that was a cruel punishment icon_frown.gif

On top of my complaining about Vignal, when did Lovenkrands become so bad. In season 01/02 he was scoring goals in nearly every old firm game and in season 02/03 he was just as good. I think there is a curse against left sided players at Ibrox icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

after he stopped playing for the jersey and thought he was amazing, although injuries and a knock of his confidence didnt help though

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TM:

Along wae Elvis, Weir has had a tremendous season for us and Rangers could possibly do a lot worse than Weir. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont think he's talking about talent, he's meaning plays for a few games then gets shifted out just like most Scottish "talent" at Gers icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly.

Kenny Miller, Gavin Rae, Big Drunk, Allan Johnstone, Steven Thompson all also spring to mind.

We don't deal with young Scottish imports particularly well so I don't know why we bother.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

Jorg .

Seeing that article was kinda depressing... icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif

ball is a good solid player. fair do's he does look like he cant be bothered half of the time, but when he's full fit hes reliable. vignal was too inconsistant in the end. i quite liked him but preferred him playing left wing with ball playing left back as vignal could get away with screwing up a lot more.

also - 8 mil for lovenkrap... sounds like one big overexaggeration. like most clubs. they put a large value on the players head to scare off the other teams, but they tend not to back down til a large chunk has been removed from the transfer fee. i heard a lot of talk about 4-5 mil bids which sounded more sense tbh

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

Jorg .

Seeing that article was kinda depressing... icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

some albertz trivia (see if you can answer without google).

who did jorg albertz make his competitive rangers debut against, and was the full time score? (hint - derek mcinnes scored rangers opening goal icon_eek.gif )

Archived