imagine if it did happen

i was playing fifa manager 2011 on christmas day my nephew had it for Xmas it was very nice and glossy the match engine looked awesome, but when he let me have a little go on it the game started to fall apart the stats and the depth was not there, but it got me thinking what if EA brought Si well that got me really licking my chops,

what are the chances of this ever happening, who would have thought Sega would have took over Si,

It would be awful. FIFA rest on their laurels(?) too much. They beat PES 2 years in a row in terms of gameplay and then this years edition is a sham. They couldn't even get the simple coding of having random games in cups done right, yet last year it was perfectly fine. I'll be buying PES next year. Anyway, let's hope this doesn't happen unless SI have complete say in how everything looks and plays, which kind of defies the whole point.

if EA bought SI games i'm pretty sure a lot of people (myself included) would stop buying FM.

EA have never created a decent football management sim, and despite some brilliant editions of FIFA over the years, generally they find a bit of success, then do nothing until they get credible competition.

all EA could offer is better graphics, and a couple more licences.

EA's track record with patches is poor. despite recent versions of FM needing a patch on release day and the games having numerous large bugs, in my experience SI work harder than any other company to rectify these problems and that is why FM has surpassed CM and is clearly the best football management sim available.

wow EA aren't as respected as i thought...

Do some Google searches regarding their customer support, look at former developer blogs.

They're a behemoth that's absorbed some great development companies over the years. Very few continue to be as good once they're under the EA umbrella.

Sega haven't taken over SI. SI remain independent and Sega are publishing their products.

If EA wanted to take over SI, they might have done it already, but I do not believe it would be a good thing. EA's game is taking a different path than SI's and both paths have their merits and their fans, so there is space for both of them.

Sure, I would love to see better graphics in FM and as we can see, SI are working on it within their means (which is a much tighter budget), but imagining EA to take them over I would be afraid of FM losing its qualities a lot more than hoping it would keep them and pick the cherries from EA's opportunities on top of that.

If anything I could see SI acquire a PES graphics license.

EA's reputation is getting better, though possibly only because Activision seem to have overtaken them in the "most hated publisher" race.

I don't see why Si would want to be taken over. They are an extremely niche company that has cornered the market through a quality product (yes, despite all the bugs I still think it's a very good product). They have no competition but do seem interested in pushing the boundaries of the game (see above re: bugs). EA would bring nothing of any value to the game. I really couldn't care less about the graphics. What's important is the match engine, whether 2D or 3D, accurately represents the action on the pitch and that's got nothing to do with the quality of the graphics.

I think the problem would be one of accessibility. EA make games for the mass market but FM is aimed at a very narrow fanbase. That's how it gets away with being so complex. Most FM players are willing to spend hours figuring out the match engine, tweaking their training, scouring the world for the next Messi, etc. That's a type of experience EA has no interest in by the look of their current catalogue.

As long as SI can keep making a profit and creating the game they want I don't see any advantage in them being bought out by anyone. If it was going to happen it would have happened in the switch from CM to FM.

The things I like about SI are that they always seem to improve the game and add new features. Also, they appear to listen to their customers and change things for the better. EA on the other hand are only interested in profit. They will update players likeness and the obvious transfers but that's it. The game needed to be patched from the get go but they took forever in doing so and even then they didn't make any major differences.

To be honest, if EA took over Si I think it could be a positive move. They would be well aware of how sceptical people would be over it and leave a lot of the technical process to the usual team. They would just improve the graphics and the liscensing and just rake in the profits for themselves. They wouldn't ruin it because they know they will get destroyed.

To be honest, if EA took over Si I think it could be a positive move. They would be well aware of how sceptical people would be over it and leave a lot of the technical process to the usual team. They would just improve the graphics and the liscensing and just rake in the profits for themselves. They wouldn't ruin it because they know they will get destroyed.

good grief your the only one who has said anything positive about EA:D

Archived