Wallace v Roberts - the striking legends small to big club North v South face-off

Originally posted by bermybhoy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MikelLUFC:

I would like to do season 12 for the Legends if that is ok. Hopefully exams will be finished by then depending on how long it takes.

Excellent, although dafuge posted just before you, so I reckon that would make him 12th and you, unlucky 13th. Hope you don't get them relegated or something awful icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm happy to go 13th, I've already had two seasons, I really shouldn't be ahead of anyone who hasn't had a go yet.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Legends Season 8 - Pre Season

Just finished pre season with 5 straight wins, two against league one opposition (Gillingham and Chester) and 3 against lower league sides. That said a couple of the wins were lucky to say the least and we look quite vulnerable at the back.

I've added 7 players to the squad and released just 3.

Here are my additions;

White

Sawyer

Mcmaster

Martinez

Lucas

LLoyd

Dunning

The most promising player is Sawyer who hopefully will do well on in the wide right berth. Lucas still has good stats for a 31 year old and hopefully he can stay fit.

Throughout preseason I have kept with dafuges diamond formation with a few slight changes.

Paddy Byrne's contract ended, a goalkeeper who was in the reserves and a guy who turned 17were the 3 that left. Got a few more on the transfer list as well.

All through the summer hunter, driver, williams and blackburn were attracting bids from several league one clubs but they were going nowhere. Just hoping the chairman doesnt step in, doncaster have now bidded 500k for driver although im sticking with your asking price of £5million icon_wink.gif

Overall im very happy with the squad and if i could find a decent goalkeeper i would feel more confident of the season ahead. One other area of weakness may be a left winger though im going to give sykes a chance.

Did you play the same formation home and away?

One final note is that the training facilities are in the progress of being upgraded, it cost me 3 signings over the summer so it will be gratefully recieved when it is completed.

Originally posted by Spc1485:

Paddy Byrne's contract ended, a goalkeeper who was in the reserves and a guy who turned 17were the 3 that left. Got a few more on the transfer list as well.

All through the summer hunter, driver, williams and blackburn were attracting bids from several league one clubs but they were going nowhere. Just hoping the chairman doesnt step in, doncaster have now bidded 500k for driver although im sticking with your asking price of £5million icon_wink.gif

Overall im very happy with the squad and if i could find a decent goalkeeper i would feel more confident of the season ahead. One other area of weakness may be a left winger though im going to give sykes a chance.

Did you play the same formation home and away?

One final note is that the training facilities are in the progress of being upgraded, it cost me 3 signings over the summer so it will be gratefully recieved when it is completed.

I left Paddy Byrne's contract due to expire as I didn't think I'd keep him, he actually did alright in the games he played but he was easily replaceable, I think I'd have let him go myself.

£500k is a massive bid for Driver but I think you were right to reject, the club is in a good financial position and doesn't need to sell its best players. If you can keep hold of those three players you should stand a good chance of keeping the club in the football league.

A goalkeeper was one position I tried to strengthen but it turned out that Matthews was the best of them all. If you can find much better then go for it.

I played that formation for the whole season, I only ever changed things during a match when it really needed to be done.

Nice to hear that the training facilities are being upgraded, I requested that earlier in the season but got told that the club wasn't in teh financial position to do it which I couldn't believe.

Good luck with the season, I think staying in League 2 would be a reasonable aim for the season.

The ability of the side is there but we're struggling for consistency as we go into November. Hovering around midtable just a few points out the playoffs waiting to pounce so we're still in a good position. If we make the playoffs I'll be delighted with my season's work, even if we don't get promoted. Aslong as we're not going in the wrong direction and making progress then things are fine.

And we just drew 2-2 with League 1 Coventry in the 1st Round of the FA Cup. Great game.

firstly, congrats to dafuge on making the football league. icon14.gif although obviously the fact it's not Ten Ton FC hurts a bit..... icon_wink.gif

aaberdeenn, a decent start to the season. hopefully you can maintain the run and make a push for the play-offs, or even promotion.

good luck icon14.gif

Sounds like a decent start aaberdeenn, made many changes to the squad?

Some decent signings and good friendly results Spc1485. Although I still mainly use them for match fitness, I have concluded that it's important to win the last few at least, as it seems to have a fair bit of effect on morale. 5 wins should have them in good form going into the season.

made many changes to the squad?

Nothing substantial. I got rid of a bit of the dead weight and I've brought in 3 players if my memory serves me. A back up goalkeeper on loan from Stoke. A first choice central midfielder from Aston Villa and Turkish right winger on a free who has electric pace.

I'm also playing a counter attacking 4-1-4-1 formation which has served me quite well so far.

Both teams are in their 8th seasons now, with Ten Ton looking for promotion after two seasons in the BSP and the Legends looking to survive their first season in the Coca-Cola League 2.

We are always looking for new people to take part, so let me know if you want to take up the challenge of managing one of these fine teams and driving them to success.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Paul Wallace - Northern Monkeys / Ten Ton FC

2007/8. bermybhoy - BSN / 7th

2008/9. aaberdeenn - BSS / 1st, promoted!

2009/10. NepentheZ - BSP / 21st, relegated!

2010/11. Gundo/rlipscombe - BSS / 17th

2011/12. bermybhoy - BSS / 2nd, promoted via play-offs!

2012/13. NepentheZ - BSP / 14th

2013/14. PaulHartman71 - BSP / 7th

2014/15. aaberdeenn - BSP / Season started

9. DodgeeD

10. NepentheZ

11. bermybhoy

12. PaulHartman71

tbc. GazTheDoood

Honours

BSS Champions: 2008/9 - aaberdeen

Promoted via play-offs from BSS: 2011/12 - bermybhoy

Danny Roberts - Southern Softies / Legends FC

2007/8. Robert_296 - BSS / 1st, promoted!

2008/9. dafuge - BSP / 5th, play off semi-final!

2009/10. elf_30 - BSP / 17th

2010/11. Spc1485 - BSP / 11th

2011/12. Robert_296 - BSP / 17th

2012/13. PoopyPants - BSP / 15th

2013/14. dafuge - BSP / 5th, promoted!

2014/15. Spc1485 - League 2 / Season starting

9. elf_30

10. Robert_296

11. dave safc

12. MikelLUFC

13. dafuge

Honours

BSS Champions: 2007/8 - Robert_296

FA Trophy: 2008/9 - dafuge

Promoted via play-offs from BSP: 2013/14 - dafuge</pre>

I can't really be arsed to write some big essay so I'll keep it brief. Attacking-wise we were great. Defensively we were pish. We weren't consist enough. Whenever we got a good result we played awfully the next game. Finances are great. There were a few standout performers over the season. Everyone else was around average really. James Dunn is a legend scoring 51 goals in the season.

Final Blue Square Premier Table

Save Game Download

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Paul Wallace - Northern Monkeys / Ten Ton FC

2007/8. bermybhoy - BSN / 7th

2008/9. aaberdeenn - BSS / 1st, promoted!

2009/10. NepentheZ - BSP / 21st, relegated!

2010/11. Gundo/rlipscombe - BSS / 17th

2011/12. bermybhoy - BSS / 2nd, promoted via play-offs!

2012/13. NepentheZ - BSP / 14th

2013/14. PaulHartman71 - BSP / 7th

2014/15. aaberdeenn - BSP / 13th

2015/16 DodgeeD - BSP / Season Starting Soon

10. NepentheZ

11. bermybhoy

12. PaulHartman71

tbc. GazTheDoood

Honours

BSS Champions: 2008/9 - aaberdeen

Promoted via play-offs from BSS: 2011/12 - bermybhoy

Danny Roberts - Southern Softies / Legends FC

2007/8. Robert_296 - BSS / 1st, promoted!

2008/9. dafuge - BSP / 5th, play off semi-final!

2009/10. elf_30 - BSP / 17th

2010/11. Spc1485 - BSP / 11th

2011/12. Robert_296 - BSP / 17th

2012/13. PoopyPants - BSP / 15th

2013/14. dafuge - BSP / 5th, promoted!

2014/15. Spc1485 - League 2 / Season starting

9. elf_30

10. Robert_296

11. dave safc

12. MikelLUFC

13. dafuge

Honours

BSS Champions: 2007/8 - Robert_296

FA Trophy: 2008/9 - dafuge

Promoted via play-offs from BSP: 2013/14 - dafuge</pre>

That's a lot of goals at either end. Looks like we need to tighten the defence up a bit and somehow find some consistency.

Some haul for Dunn - that must be 100 goals in that last 2 seasons now.

If DodgeeD can confirm he's good to go for the next season that would be awesome.

Legends - August

Exeter 2-0 Legends

Legends 0-1 Gillingham (League Cup)

Legends 1-1 Lincoln

Barnet 2-2 Legends

Legends 5-0 Darlington

13th Position

As expected Driver and Blackburn have made the step up easily both averaging 7.60 and Blackburn with 4 goals from 5 starts. Of the other signings Mcmaster has proved good at the back and Lucas has bagged a couple of goals partnering Blackburn upfront.

That's a lot of goals at either end. Looks like we need to tighten the defence up a bit and somehow find some consistency.

Some haul for Dunn - that must be 100 goals in that last 2 seasons now.

If DodgeeD can confirm he's good to go for the next season that would be awesome.

Hi guys! I was all set to go but I got this meesage when I tried to access Megaupload

Bu siteye erişim mahkeme kararıyla engellenmiştir

which translates as 'This website has been blocked by order of the Turkish Highcourt'. icon_mad.gif It's ridiculous over here at the moment! YouTube has been shutdown for over 6 weeks and a whole bunch of other sites are the same. I won't say too much about it or else the Forums will end up blocked for Turkish based users as well! icon_rolleyes.gif

So, I'm either going to have to give it a miss or, if possible, we could try another upload site.

Legends September

Crystal Palace 3-1 Legends (JPT)

Legends 4-2 Tranmere

Luton 2-1 Legends

Dag & Red 2-0 Legends

Legends 2-1 Rushden

Walsall 5-1 Legends

Legends 1-2 Stockport

18th P10 11pts

10pts clear of relegation zone, 6pts clear of playoffs.

Really struggling away from home and will have to change something soon although we look strong at home.

Hopefully this works for you buddy.

You've got a good team, there, sort that defence out and you'll be rocking icon14.gif

Hmmmm, keep getting a message 'there were no available download servers'. I'll try again later

Sorry guys, this just isn't working icon_frown.gif

I kept getting a message saying 'the save game file can not be opened' and when I checked, I saw only 16MB had been downloaded. tried again and it said 'download complete' after just 5MB...

I'd better let somebody else take a go before the season time limit is reduced too much. Apologies.. I will still be following the fortunes of Ten Ton FC, however. icon14.gif

Legends - October

Legends 3-1 MK Dons

Shrewbury 3-2 Legends

Legends 4-0 Hartlepool

Macclesfield 2-6 Legends

Legends 5-3 Oldham

11th P15 Pts 23

Goals Update

Blackburn 10

Lucas 9

Wright 5

A better month for the legends, finally winning our first away game and scoring plenty of goals along the way. Our parent club Chester has lent us a promising striker David Howell who's a good target man and alternates with Lucas to partner Blackburn. Blackburn has just overtaken Olly Kenney's 84 goals to become the clubs all time top scorer, hopefully there is still plenty to come!

Defence still look shaky and Matthews the keeper is due to be dropped although the alternatives arent looking great.

Legends - November

Bristol Rover 2-1 Legends

Legends 2-1 Bournemouth

Legends 4-2 Bury (FAC 1R)

Carlisle 1-3 Legends

Legends 1-2 Hereford

Woking 2-0 Legends

Alsershot 1-3 Legends (FAC 2R)

Pos 11th Pts 29

Goals

Lucas 13

Blackburn 12

Wright 9

FAC 3R Draw - Legends vs Tranmere or Port Vale

Two points off the last play off spot now so

a dissapointing end to the month losing my last two league games otherwise I would be right up there. Unfortunately injuries have started to hit my small squad with blackburn out for 2 months plus wright and mcmaster also out.

Hopefully I will be able to add some depth in january although its alot of championship clubs are swarming around driver, im just praying he will stay.

Ah, no luck...got a 10meg email limit. Kinda out of ideas now, sorry.

Unless someone has a bright idea to get round this, if you're able to take over again Nep that would be great.

Would be happy to. Don't want to be "pushing in" - or taking too much of an influence in the team runnings mind.

I know what you mean. It would be preferable to have someone else do it, only from the perpective that you've done it fairly recently. Don't think we have too many options here though.

Unless we get a new volunteer to take over from DodgeeD. Anyone??

Well, good enough for me.

There's links further up the page to download. Coupla things brought up previously: the team is pretty good, just need some good additions in defence probably (aaberdeenn is the man to ask for specifics); if you sign anyone/renew contracts make sure they're full time. If you look back over the thread you can see the various reporting styles people have used.

Oh and if you can't get 50 goals out of Dunn there's something wrong icon_wink.gif

Good luck with it icon14.gif

Archived