Wallace v Roberts - the striking legends small to big club North v South face-off

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

January Games

Burton 2-2 Ten Ton FC

Martin Pilkington gave Burton the lead on the half hour mark, and we left it until the 70th minute to get a goal back, Pilkington put Burton ahead with 1 minute of normal time left, but Ross Bannon equalised in injury time.

Ten Ton FC 3-0 Halifax

John McDonald gave us the lead after 33 minutes, and 3 minutes after half-time David Mulholland doubled the lead. Ishmael Reeves made sure of our victory on the hour mark, with a great shot from outside the area.

Ten Ton FC 3-1 Nuneaton - FAT 2nd Round

James Dunn gave us the lead after 24 minutes, and 4 minutes later Mark McCombe got our second. Ishmael Reeves added to this on 34 minutes. Adam Threlfall started a comeback for Nuneaton after scoring 5 minutes after the break, but the comeback was never really going to happen for the away side.

Salisbury 1-0 Ten Ton FC

The game was a very poor one for us, and Gary Brridge's 24th minute strike was the only difference between the two teams.

Ten Ton FC 1-1 Weymouth

Stephen Roche missed a penalty after 12 minutes, but comfortably slotted in the rebound to give us the lead. Chris Williams levelled things up 2 minutes after half time, and despite both sides attacking pushes, the game ended in a draw.

We are now 15th, playoffs look unlikely, but not completely out of reach

February Games

Ten Ton FC 2-2 Torquay - FAT 3rd Round

Guy Gibb gave the visitors the lead after 10 minutes, and doubled it in first half injury time. James Dunn scored our first 10 minutes into the second half, and left it late 'till the 83rd minute to score our equaliser. The game will therefore go into a replay.

Ten Ton FC 3-2 Grays - SS 5th Round

Stephen Roche gave us the lead after 27 minutes, however 10 minutes later Fraser Kenyon equalised. Liam Lawson put us ahead 10 minutes from the end, but Alvin Pratt got Grays back in it with 5 minutes left. Billy Barratt got the winner with 3 minutes left, a great goal, which means we will be in the Setanta Shield quarter finals!

Forest Green 1-3 Ten Ton FC

Mark McCombe gave us the lead after 10 minutes, yet Forest Green's equaliser didn't come until the 51st minute. Ishmael Reeves scored on the 77th minute, and James Dunn made sure of victory 5 minutes from the end.

Ten Ton FC 2-1 Bristol Rovers

Mark McCombe gave us an unlikely lead in first half injury time, yet Mark Mahon equalised for Rovers 10 minutes from the end. It looked like we were going to draw, but Liam Lawson scored in injury time, to give us an unlikely win.

Torquay 3-1 Ten Ton FC - FAT 3rd round replay

James Dunn gave us the lead after half an hour, and it looked like we were through until David Todd equalised in the 89th minute. David Todd gave them the lead in the 104th minute, and Paul Ashton confirmed our exit with his 120th minute penalty.

Ten Ton FC 4-1 Kidderminster

Gary Gray gave us the lead after 3 minutes, and Billy Barratt gave us a second after 38 minutes. James Dun wrapped up the half with our third goal. Eddie Ridley restored some hope for the away team with a goal 20 minutes from time, but 5 minutes later James Dunn put the nail in the coffin with a decent enough goal.

Ten Ton FC 3-2 Crawley - SS 1/4 final

Ross Bannon gave us the lead after 8 minutes, and James Dunn made it 2-0 after 22 minutes. Earl Neville gave Crawley a goal 10 minutes later, and he equalised 2 minutes into the second half. Ross Bannon confirmed our win on the 63rd minute, despite more than enough time left, Crawley didn't launch a comeback, and we had made it to the semi finals.

Southport 0-2 Ten Ton FC

James Dunn gave us the lead after 3 minutes, and Ross Bannon doubled it half an hour later. Despite enough time, the home side weren't up to any sort of comeback.

Cambridge 2-2 Ten Ton FC

Matthew Underwood gave Cambridge the lead after 12 minutes, but 15 minutes later James Dunn equalised for us. Luke Morris gave Cambridge the lead once more in the 36th minute, but Stephen Roche equalised for us 10 minutes into the second half. The game ended all square.

We began the month, with little hope of promotion, but ended it 3 points off of 6th place.

Been away for the last two weeks with work and was hoping to see the softies in the football league on my return. Well at least we have consolidated our place in the BSP icon_wink.gif

Good luck next season dafuge, have you have inherited a decent squad and is it still at a respectable size? (i.e less than 35/40)

Poopy, did you retain the services of Driver and Talbot?

How did they do for you last season? Any new promising players to keep an eye on?

Looking forward to my next go at this, hopefully it will be in league two!!

End of my Ten Ton FC season

League Table

So, despite being 15th in January and looking pretty much out of contention for the play-offs, we managed to get within 3 points of 5th place, heartbreaking really, as at one point during our final game we were actually 5th.

Finances - Made about a 150K profit, not bad.

Manager Overview - You can see our fantastic SS run.

I was really pleased with the squad I had, and despite signing a few players, none where as good as the original members of the team. A few new records were recorded, Most goals record going to James Dunn, and Most appearances going to Ishmael Reeves. Dunn also smashed the most amount of goals scored in a season too.

Team Selection

Ross Bannon - A brilliant player for his age, making 17 starting and 21 substitute appearances, scoring 12 goals, and getting 6 assists. If we can hang onto him, he will turn out into something VERY good.

Mark McCombe - 40 starting and 9 substitute, scoring 15 goals and getting 7 assists, a great player, and still fairly young too.

Stephen Roche - Great player, 52 appearances, 8 goals and 14 assists. The second best player in the squad imo.

James Dunn - Indescribable, simply amazing player.Overall 54 appearances, 52 goals, 11 assists, and 18 MOTM's. We HAVE to keep him, if we sell him we will lose at least half of the team imo.

He also looks like a different player compared to Nep's screenie of him

Well, that was my season, many lows, many highs, and a season of unfortunate events tbh.

Whoever is next should imo, win the league, playoffs the least, with a squad like that and the players developing, league football is within touching distance.

I'll put the file up shortly icon14.gif

Oh and put me on the bottom of the list icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by bermybhoy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PoopyPants:

This should be the save game file dafuge icon14.gif

Sorry for the delay icon_rolleyes.gif

Might just be me but I think this is a link to the main page or something...don't see the file. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, try this, although the first one worked for me icon14.gif

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Well done Paul, you turned that around excellently. Gives me a great chance of grabbing promotion now. Thanks for the file.

Thanks, yeah I even surprised myself with the results, I was quite dissapointed that we didn't make the playoffs. But as you said, you have a great chance of getting us into league football icon14.gif

Well played Paul, excellent end to the season, very unlucky.

Our best players there are very very good. Don't know about the others, but Dunn appears to be almost out of contract...certainly hope he signs a new one (mind and make it full time).

Originally posted by dave safc:

Could you add me to the shortest list please bermybhoy?

I've finished uni for 4 months, so i've got a ridiculous amount of free time on my hands icon_biggrin.gif

Not a problem. That would be 11th up for the Softies then, that ok? You might even have a football league team to play with by then...

Well played Paul, excellent end to the season, very unlucky.

Our best players there are very very good. Don't know about the others, but Dunn appears to be almost out of contract...certainly hope he signs a new one (mind and make it full time).

Oh yeah, forget to mention I renewed his contract icon_biggrin.gif

How many does he have so far? Think that might be a bit ambitious...if nothing else, he's awesome at this level but would struggle in too high a division.

Maybe worth pinging an email to poopypants if he doesn't show up soon?

Great season PaulHartman71 icon14.gif

Very unlucky on missing out on 5th place icon_frown.gif

Glad you gave Bannon some games, I'm sure he can become a great. Great scoring record with Dunn, btw. How weird that he looks like a different person..!! Kids these days, eh.!

Congratulations, good luck to the next person.

Dafuge, I think I've managed to find the softies save here. It does seem to have become massive in a way that the Monkeys one has not (last I saw, anyway). Weird.

Nice one icon14.gif

I think I'll do a monthly review, hopefully I can be finished by the end of the week. It was a shame I didn't have it yesterday, I spend most of the day playing FM.

There's a search facility, which itself is hard to find, on the website.

How has that file got to 150 meg? The other one is only about 40. Only English leagues loaded too...never seen a save that size ever, hope it doesn't become a problem for anyone.

There's a search facility, which itself is hard to find, on the website.

How has that file got to 150 meg? The other one is only about 40. Only English leagues loaded too...never seen a save that size ever, hope it doesn't become a problem for anyone.

It seems to be working fine.

The one thing that strikes me is when I left the team a few season ago they had a team of youngsters all on full time contracts, now they have a lot of older players and everyone apart from Tim Phillips is on a part time deal.

Jermaine Blackburn looks like a decent player, I think I'll build my team around him.

Robert Murray - gutted to think someone sold him for £24k icon_frown.gif

It's frustrating, but that's the way the game is.

I've said quite a few times, 'please make sure players are on full time contracts' but I don't imagine this has been the case. It's one of the quirks of the game actually, that when the club is semi-pro, it defaults to part time for any contract negotiations, even if the player is already on a full time one. Still, just takes a second to change it to full time. I'm sure we'd get on better is all the players were full time.

May 2013 Review - Legends FC

Obviously there have been no games in this month so it was all about assessing the squad and thinking about possible transfer targets.

If offered full time contracts to all the players who I think I will use (11 so far) and sold quite a few players who clearly were not going to be used. I somehow managed to get £70k for a striker who has barely played for the club (Leon Heslop), the coaches didn't rate him at all so I've no idea why he was worth too much, especially since he spent the season in the reserves and didn't start the game.

I've brought in a new keeper but he's nothing special, he's really just cover after I sold one of them.

I've got a new feeder club in Hitchin, which should be pretty useful if I need to loan anyone out as they finished 2nd in the BSS this season.

June should be a bit more interesting as I start to bolster the squad.

June 2013 Review - Legends FC

The first batch of signings has been made, this lot have all been recommended by my scouts and coaches.

Gary Archer

Richard Ball

Steve Beesley

Jordan Connor

Michael Cook

Ken Hendley

Luke Sykes

The two keepers will start as backup, one of the strikers might start alongside Blackburn and the two wingers and the full back will probably go into the first team at some point.

I'm still looking for additions to the squad, a left back and a defensive midfielder are the priorities. I could also do with a new centre back.

Originally posted by Robert_296:

who have you sold so far dafuge?

Byron Francis - £1k

Gary Darcy - £1k

Andy Talbot - £5k

Leon Heslop - £70k

Malcolm Freeman - £1k

Liam Davis - £1k

Mostly just squad members to make a bit of space, I've kept all the decent players from the old squad.

There will be news of an exciting new signing in the next update icon_wink.gif

Forgot a couple who I sold in May:

Dean Jones £1k

Antony Richardson £3k

Talbot only scored 11 times last season with an average rating of 6.79, I was pretty confident I could find someone who could do better than that and clubs were interested in him. At the moment my hopes are on Ken Hendley, should be interesting to see what he can do.

Francis was 36 and didn't play a single game last season, his physical attributes were shot so I didn't think I could get anything out of him.

Richardson was sold because he plays MC and I prefer a DMC and AMC, I've never had much luck retraining players and prefer to keep players in their natural positions.

I'm off out in a bit so I won't get through July soon, might be able to do it much later on tonight though.

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Just to let you know that I'm not actually starting this until Friday so probably won't be finished until next mid-week some time.

Seems fine, Softies are trailing by a season right now anyway.

Some decent signings Dafuge. Think promotion might happen?

Inspired by some observations of how things are done differently by people here, I'm thinking of knocking together a thread with tips on managing at this level, without following LLM guidelines strictly. Possibly been done before tbf, anyway, hopefully a few of you could contribute.

Some decent signings Dafuge. Think promotion might happen?

I think promotion is unlikely, after a few midtable finishes it is going to take something special to get this club promoted.

Glad to hear Drivers still knocking about. Any chance of a current screenshot of his stats dafuge?

Signings look promising, Blackburn was a decent player under me, cant believe you got 70k for heslop io bough him as he was quick but he turned out to be pants.

On the F/T contratcs side of things they were all definitely on FT contracts after i left as remeber posting the same comments.

Originally posted by Spc1485:

Glad to hear Drivers still knocking about. Any chance of a current screenshot of his stats dafuge?

Driver

Looks quality, he's one of the existing players I am building my team around, Blackburn being the other.

July 2013 Review - Legends FC

A few new signings came in as I tried to plug a few gaps:

Stuart Dolan

Anthony Dunphy

Richard Watson

And one more I've got rather excited about. After the success of SI employee Olly Kenney, I bring you:

ter

My coaches think he could become a decent League 1 defender so he's definitely one for the future.

Pre season friendlies have started:

Chester

A rather impressive win over our League 1 parent club.

Merthyr Tydfil

Bognor Regis

A couple of convincing wins over lower league opposition.

Cray

A not so convincing win over a team I've never heard of, although I did put a weak team out.

August 2013 Review - Legends FC

My transfer dealings are done for the year with all my effort now on the league with the current squad.

The pre season friendlies rounded off with a 2-1 win over Garforth and a 2-1 loss at Hitchin.

League Results:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Hartlepool 2-2 Legends

Legends 2-2 St Albans

Legends 2-1 Cheltenham

Halifax 1-2 Legends

Brantford 1-1 Legends

Legends 3-1 Kidderminster

</pre>

League Table

It certainly looks like it will be an interesting season with goals flying in everywhere. Giving away three penalties in my first two games was a bit of a worry though.

Squad

Jermaine Blackburn is doing the business as predicted. Jon Williams is runnning the show from AMC so it looks like Chris Driver might spend the season at DM.

Archived