Wallace v Roberts - the striking legends small to big club North v South face-off

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need someone for season 9 for the Monkeys and could do with more new faces for the softies.

Paul Wallace - Northern Monkeys / Ten Ton FC

Season 1. bermybhoy - BSN - 7th

Season 2. aaberdeenn - BSS - 1st, promoted!

Season 3. NepentheZ - BSP - 21st, relegated

Season 4. Gundo/rlipscombe - BSS - 17th

Season 5. bermybhoy - BSS - 2nd, promoted via play-offs!

Season 6. ridleys - BSP, season started, in play off places

7. NepentheZ

8. PaulHartman71

9. <up for grabs>

10. DodgeeD

tbc. GazTheDoood

Honours

BSS Champions: 2008/9 - aaberdeen, 2011/12 - bermybhoy

Danny Roberts - Southern Softies / Legends FC

Season 1. Robert296 - BSS - 1st, promoted!

Season 2. Dafuge - BSP - 5th, play off semi-final

Season 3. elf_30 - BSP - 17th

Season 4. Spc1485 - BSP - 11th

Season 5. Robert296 - BSP - 17th

Season 6. Poopypants - BSP - season started

7. Dafuge

8. elf_30

9. Spc1485

10. Robert296

Honours

BSS Champions, 2007/8 - Robert296

FA Trophy, 2008/9 - dafuge

Hopefully my next run will not be between may 30 and june 8, will be fairly busy and not home much, but it might call for a switch down, depends on the way if falls I guess.

Peace

Originally posted by ridleys:

Lost my save game again icon_mad.gif

I give up icon13.gif

Nep, you can download the last save game file.

Sorry for wasting everyones time. icon13.gif

Sorry to hear that mate. I'm downloading the save now. Nearing end of season in Dafuges challenge, so once I've don that, and the update, I'll get right onto this.

Ten Ton FC - 10 game update

No cups entered yet, so just 10 league games.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Table

Pos | Team | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D | Pts

13th| TenTon | 10 | 4 | 0 | 6 | 25 | 21 | +4 | 12

</pre>

Scorers

Player | Games | Goals | Assists

James Dunn | 10 | 10 | 3

David Mulholland | 9 | 9 | 6

Billy Barratt | 10 | 2 | 3</pre>

Info -

So, not a bad start, but not the best. Unlucky in every defeat, losing by no more than 1 goal in any game, but managed a massive 7-0 win in the 4 victories. I signed a few players, David Mulholland being the best, and making an instant impact. He's only 17 too, so should have a good future at the club.

Results -

Kidderminster 3 - 2 Ten Ton FC

Ten Ton FC 3 - 1 Southport

Grays Atl 4 - 3 Ten Ton FC

Ten Ton FC 4 - 3 Torquay

Hednesford 2 - 3 Ten Ton FC

Ten Ton FC 1 - 2 Salisbury

Kings Lynn 1 - 2 Ten Ton FC

Ten Ton FC 0 - 2 Macclesfield

Ten Ton FC 7 - 0 Blyth

Aldershot 1 - 2 Ten Ton FC</pre>

I recommend getting Andy Robertson on loan I think from West Brom. He is a very solid defender!

Simon Owen is someone you basically have to get on loan as well.

Also there are a few good keepers that you can get on loan icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Ten Ton FC - 10 game update

No cups entered yet, so just 10 league games.

Table

Pos | Team | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D | Pts

13th| TenTon | 10 | 4 | 0 | 6 | 25 | 21 | +4 | 12

</pre>

Scorers

Player | Games | Goals | Assists

James Dunn | 10 | 10 | 3

David Mulholland | 9 | 9 | 6

Billy Barratt | 10 | 2 | 3</pre>

Info -

So, not a bad start, but not the best. Unlucky in every defeat, losing by no more than 1 goal in any game, but managed a massive 7-0 win in the 4 victories. I signed a few players, David Mulholland being the best, and making an instant impact. He's only 17 too, so should have a good future at the club.

Results -

Kidderminster 3 - 2 Ten Ton FC

Ten Ton FC 3 - 1 Southport

Grays Atl 4 - 3 Ten Ton FC

Ten Ton FC 3 - 4 Torquay

Hednesford 2 - 3 Ten Ton FC

Ten Ton FC 1 - 2 Salisbury

Kings Lynn 1 - 2 Ten Ton FC

Ten Ton FC 0 - 2 Macclesfield

Ten Ton FC 7 - 0 Blyth

Aldershot 2 - 1 Ten Ton FC</pre>

Fixed

Ten Ton FC - Halfway Mark

Info - It's been an OK season thus far. Much better than the last time I ventured into the BSP with Ten Ton. icon_biggrin.gif .Sat 13th after 23 games, and but for a few unlucky defeats and draw, could easily be in the hunt for a play-off place.

League Table

We have the top scorer in the league in James Dunn, who hit 19 goals in 19 games before getting injured. Since then, he hasn't scored in 5 games.

Team Selection

Spot the oddities? Yes, thats right. The towering Goalkeeper has 9 goals. Corner Bug? Not even close. He's 2nd in the Free Kick list, and has 3 goals from Free Kicks this season. He does have 6 goals from corners, but his status is set to "Attack near post" - and not "Challenge GK". Why did I lump him up there? He's the best "Jumper" in the team, with an attribute of 18. The fact I can't see his heading made it easier for me to put him up for corners.

Transfers

Warren McCullagh - ST, Signed due to the lack of strikers at the start of the season. Has good prospects.

Ross Bannon - ST, Another striker, and became the clubs youngest ever player Aged 15 years, 142 days playing in an F.A Cup 4th Qual. Rd. Still only 15, he looks very, very gifted, and my coaches agree.

Brendan Davies - MC/ST, Signed for the MC in him as back up, and looks quite decent. Would play more if it wasn't for the loan signing Owen.

Star Man - David Mulholland, AMRC - Took him on trial at the start of the season when looking to strengthen the squad, and never looked back. For an 18 year old, he's dominated the midfield with 13 goals AND 17 assists in 23 matches, including 7 man of the match awards, and an average rating of 7.74. For a mid-table team, I'd say thats pretty exceptional.

Already on 4 assists away from Ishmael Reeves record of 21 assists in a single season.

Youth Promotion - Always when I'm in the lower divisions, I look at the "Grey" players in my U-18's to see if theres a little star there I can utilize. Rarely is there. In Ten Tons squad there was this guy...

Adam Richardson, MRC - Not the best player in the world, but blistering pace and acceleration, and thats why I got him. At this level, pace like that could help him dominate in games, despite lacking in other areas. I'm training him to become a Striker, and will give him some more run outs when I'm winning games.

The Past - I've not changed a lot from last season. Not touched staff, or training.Haven't sold any players, and only made a few signings. All thats really different is the tactics, as I'm using my own created tactic specifically for this team.

The Future - Looking into the second half of the season, I'd be happy with a top half finish, but am really aiming for the top 10. May take a few more players in, in the January Transfer Window.

- Any more info required, just let me know.

Just a little idea....

To make the Forum manager more involved in the game, even when they are not playing.

How about assigning your forum name to a player in the squad you feel attached to? This player is not to be sold, but not favored upon by other manager.

It'll just keep me interested to see how "I" am doing in the game, even when I'm not playing.

Personally, I don't like the idea too much because I think it is just a managerial challenge annd should not involve your own created players at all as I would prefer the real (well sort of) names of the players rather than changing it to all the managers.

Originally posted by Robert_296:

Personally, I don't like the idea too much because I think it is just a managerial challenge annd should not involve your own created players at all as I would prefer the real (well sort of) names of the players rather than changing it to all the managers.

I didn't mean actually "changing" the name, merely putting a nickname on the player.

Nep

I think it's a decent idea. I can't see any harm in it at all. The main proviso would be that each subsequent manager has carte blanche to do what he likes, sell then on if he wants. The thing is, no-ones going to pick someone they don't think will do a turn for a few years. Robert, I see where you're coming from but think with the above it would work fine.

The main 'concern' I have about this is that people aren't taking much of an attachment, just rattle through it and whatever happens, happens. In reality for these teams to progress it takes a fair bit of work at the start of each season to get better players in and force the team forward. It's not like taking over Chelsea. If people don't want to spend that time, fair enough, but overall no progress will be made.

I see this as one way of encouraging people who take part to take more interest. Make sense?

The only issue is, since it's rotating between a few people, we could end up with multiple players named after us....

Exactly bermy. I didn't ever think this would be looked at in a negative POV. Although multiple naming wouldn't be to great, imo. Just 1 player. So for bermy, Dunn would be the player, as he found him, and has an allegiance to him. For me, it would be Mulholland. So on, and so forth. You are welcome not to do so, but I really don't see the harm in it.

Me neither. Mulholland must be some player to inspire you this idea. It would be a pleasure for Dunn to assume my name (though if we had Owen permanently, I'd go with him). If it comes to a second time round, we can think up new names.

I also loved the full back, Reeves, exceptional at free kicks - from the edge of the box, just like a penalty to him. Can't believe you've found a someone better, less so a goalkeeper! Nice work.

Actually, just looking at your post in more detail, it's struck me how much we judge a player differently. Honestly, I'm not sure I'd have gone for Mulholland, his stats don't look great. But on closer inspection, they're probably mostly in the right places, therefore a very good find.

I've just finished the season \o/

Uploading the save game now. Should be done by the time I get back from the gym, and I'll add in the EOS Review too.

I've left it on the 1st June, to allow whoever is next a bit of prep time before the new season icon14.gif

Southern Softies // 2012-13 // Season 6

As Danny Roberts boldy threatens to go where no man has ever gone before, something gets in his way.

The team just won't tick, no tactic he plays works well with the team, and the fans will just be glad the season is over.

A very dissapointing season as 'The Softies' finish in 15th place - 1 place higher than last year.

The League Table

The FA Trophy

The FA Cup

The Setanta Shield

So, overall, not a good season for the softies.

**The updated save file will be posted later as I can't seem to access FileFront or RapidShare.**

End of Season - Ten Ton FC

League Table

Finished 14, but a little disappointing. Only 4 points off 11th spot, but from there, I was a mile away. I really thought I could push for a play off place, but it wasn't so. Droylsden, who finished bottom got 1 of their 6 wins against me, which annoys me, and I dropped vital points to other lower teams.

Graph

Finances - made a nice 1/4 Million profit.

Manager Overview

No fantastic cup runs, unfortunately.

Team Selection

- I really feel theres a great core squad here. The guys before me have done a great job making the squad. The players I've bought in I feel really add depth to the team, and we should be pushing for promotion within 2-3 years

Danny Cook - GK - Signed on a free, and the best keeper in the squad.

Stephen Roche - What a capture. Signed from Charltons reserve team, he's easily one of the best players in the squad.

David Mulholland - AMC - A great signing. 20 goals AND 34 assiss in his first season, and hes only 18..!! Can become a true great for the club

James Dunn ST - Finished top scorer for the club. Whoever signed this kid done a great job, he's top quality.

Mark McCombe AM/C - didn't score as much as he should have done, but played really, really well all season.

So thats me.

A great squad here with a lot of potential. Hopefully whoevers next can keep the team together. icon14.gif

(Put me back down for a season. - Next time I've got a season my updates will be much better, I haven't had much time this time around)

Cheers.

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

NepentheZ - do you think you could e-mail me a copy of your skin you use please? (with the dark background & coloured attributes)

Would be much appreciated.

will do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll have to put it on Megaupload mate. Hotmail wont do it for some reason.

Archived