Wallace v Roberts - the striking legends small to big club North v South face-off

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Robert_296:

Couldn't you put all your other databases somewhere else while you play this game? So the only one to pick is the monkeys/softies one

I would replace the SI DB, but then the game wont be patched, as the patch updates itself in the 800 DB.

So far I'm thoroughly enjoying my season in charge, sitting pretty at the top of the league after 10 games with a 7-2-1 record and a goal difference of +19 already, scoring 30 goals. This is party due to the scoring form of one of my strikers who's netted an incredible 18 goals in those 10 games and is already attracting interest from high-end BSP clubs. Also, we've a 6-0 and a 7-0 win already this season.

Rather than do quarterly/or monthly updates I'm just going to give one on January 1st and one at the end of the season if that's ok?

Hopefully we can keep it up; I'm hoping for at least a play-off place although the way we're going 1st place is easily acheiveable. I better not get too confident as you know what usually happens when you do.. icon_wink.gif

No I didn't Robert, I'm just playing on as Solihull Moors. I'm actually getting quite into it and finding it enjoyable and if I'm still enjoying it as much come the end of the season, after I've uploaded it I might well continue on myself to see how far I can take the club.

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

No I didn't Robert, I'm just playing on as Solihull Moors. I'm actually getting quite into it and finding it enjoyable and if I'm still enjoying it as much come the end of the season, after I've uploaded it I might well continue on myself to see how far I can take the club.

That's good going. Enjoyed doing it myself and will probably carry on and see how I do compares to your efforts. You been using the two guys already there up front? Both pretty handy. Sorry about the wages btw

Well I've been using Shaun Bell who was one of the original two and he's the one scoring for fun. That 16 year old lad you liked is being rotated about with a good striker I brought in on a free and that Ben Sheridan chap who I got on loan from Leicester again.

No worries about the wages, that's all under control now but the finances are a bit worse for wear.

Hi guys, I did mention in the discussion thread that I was going to be away up until today and thought that with the guidelines specifying 7-10days to do a season I'd be back just in time to get started. So, apologies if that wasn't understood.

Anyway, as crap as this sounds I'm going to have to relinquish my spot to the next person as I really can't commit as much time to FM as I thought I could. Really didn't think it'd come to this and I'm sorry for delaying the Softies rise to the premiership (icon_biggrin.gif). Good luck to those continuing and well done Robert on the first season. icon14.gif

Well if anyone stumbles across this and wants a go taking control of the Monkeys or the Softies for a season, let us know.

So far the sign up and progress made looks like this:

Northern Monkeys

Season 1. Bermybhoy - BSN - 7th icon13.gif

Season 2. aaberdeenn - BSS(!) - in progress, lookin' good icon14.gif

3. NepentheZ

4. minisav

5. Gundo

6. rlipscombe

Southern Softies:

Season 1. Robert296 - BSS - promoted! icon13.gif

Season 2. Dafuge - BSN - season kicking off soon

3. HunterKiller

7. elf_30

No problem iacovone, Dafuge has already offered to play the second season, maybe starting Sunday.

Well, still looking good. Still top after 16 game with a 10-3-3 record, with a goal difference approaching +30. Shaun Bell is on 22 goals in 18 games. Unfortunately we got put out the FA Cup in the third qualifying round by a bunch of greys.

Should get to the mid-point in the season tonight, then hopefully will get the rest done over the weekend.

Thanks, it would be gutting not to get promoted as champions now as we've pretty much dominated from start to finish. It's still pretty close up the top but I'm pretty much assured of at least a playoff place which is something to fall back on should we slip up.

Good work mate, another few wins should do it. If not playoffs there to fall back on.

Robert, if it comes to it we can ask one person to switch then we have 5-a side at least...maybe some other people will be up for it by then, or can go back to the start...will see how it goes.

Northern Monkeys/Solihull Moors - Blue Square South - Season 2008/09 (Season 2)

End of Season Table

Well it was a great season for us as we gained promotion at the second time of asking, after finishing 7th in the previous season, to the Blue Square Premier (BSP). This season we changed from the Blue Square North (BSN) over to the Blue Square South (BSS) but we adapted very well and went on to claim the title after a 1-1 draw with Newport County on the second to last matchday.

The squad was the same as the previous season with an addition of a total of 10 loanees helping out at various points during the season. Firstly, Chris Milner (GK) and Ben Sheridan (ST) joined for the entire season. Milner was in great form conceding just 52 goals in 45 appearances keeping 10 clean sheets. Meanwhile, Sheridan was on fire at the other end scoring 25 goals in 37 starts which lead to him being shortlisted for BSS player of the year. Aswell as those two, Nigel Gould, Eddie Lancashire, Tim Turner, Martyn Stewart, Graham Langa, Steven Parker, Jordan Walker, and Lloyd Wilson all joined for 3 month spells at various point during the season to keep the squad ticking and to give us depth to last the season. All were first choice regulars and contributed very well to the team effort.

Back to the original squad, considerable mentions go to Ben Connolly and Shaun Bell in particular along with Robert Thackeray, James McMenemy, and Kevin Hawley. All except for Hawley were first choice regulars with Bell the stand out performer with an incredible 40 goals in 49 games which led him to a 2nd place finish in BSS player of the year. Connolly contributed with double figures from midfield along with a number of assists. Young 17 year old Hawley spent a lot of time on the bench but did well when called upon. McMenemy keep the midfield going with some top performances and Thackeray was extremely consitent at right-back during the whole season.

The squad needs a real overhaul for next season but being in a higher division means that it will be easier to attract better quality player which was something I struggled with playing by LLM ethics. Other than the squad, the club is in a great position except for the finances. If they can be kept at least stable then they should be improved with the extra money received from playing at a higher level.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GNDQI8V1

Hopefully everything I've done during my season is ok and that you are ok with everything in the save. Any questions, just ask.

I thoroughly enjoyed my season and it has got me right back into playing FM which is a great thing as I've missed playing regularly. I might be willing to do another season as it looks likely that I could do if I wanted to although I'm not sure yet.

Good luck NepentheZ. icon14.gif

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Great job aab, I look forward to playing for a season.! As for LLM ... I don't really know how to play any other way icon_frown.gif

You sure about that there...seen some tips of yours that I don't think are quite LLM 'compliant' icon_wink.gif Good luck with it, won't be too easy to survive with that squad.

Originally posted by bermybhoy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Great job aab, I look forward to playing for a season.! As for LLM ... I don't really know how to play any other way icon_frown.gif

You sure about that there...seen some tips of yours that I don't think are quite LLM 'compliant' icon_wink.gif Good luck with it, won't be too easy to survive with that squad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like what icon_redface.gif

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GNDQI8V1

Hopefully everything I've done during my season is ok and that you are ok with everything in the save. Any questions, just ask.

I thoroughly enjoyed my season and it has got me right back into playing FM which is a great thing as I've missed playing regularly. I might be willing to do another season as it looks likely that I could do if I wanted to although I'm not sure yet.

Good luck NepentheZ. icon14.gif

Cheers mate. Downloading now, but wont begin until tomorrow afternoon.

Order of FMing icon_biggrin.gif

1. Complete Gundo's Update for Tandragee

2. Finish current Tandragee season

3. Update Gundo's challenge again.

4. Start this. icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bermybhoy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

You sure about that there...seen some tips of yours that I don't think are quite LLM 'compliant' icon_wink.gif Good luck with it, won't be too easy to survive with that squad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like what icon_redface.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh...no offence icon_frown.gif

I might be misunderstanding the LLM thing, but did see a tip you had for making your scouts look at new players just after the update day. I thought the search screen was off limit, your scouts had to find them themselves? If not my style turns out to be LLM-tastic.

Originally posted by bermybhoy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bermybhoy:

Like what icon_redface.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh...no offence icon_frown.gif

I might be misunderstanding the LLM thing, but did see a tip you had for making your scouts look at new players just after the update day. I thought the search screen was off limit, your scouts had to find them themselves? If not my style turns out to be LLM-tastic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

I wasn't trying to cause a problem, lol. I know you meant no offense, I was just curious as to what I said wasn't LLM. And just because I know these little things, doesn't mean I don't obide by the rules when I play icon14.gif

http://files.filefront.com/Southern+Softiesfm/;9938820;/fileinfo.html

We had some problems with that save recognising the database so we just scrapped that and just use the save hence why I was playing with Solihull Moors rather than Ten Ton. You'll be playing with Fisher rather than the Southern Softies, it's not really an issue though.

All you'll need to do is download the save, put it into the save game section in the my documents SI folder. When you first try to load the game, it'll say "the database the game was created with cannot be found, the game will load with the default database" or something like that. Then once it's loaded that should be it for you to carry on.

That's what happened with me anyway, hopefully that makes sense to you.

We had some problems with that save recognising the database so we just scrapped that and just use the save hence why I was playing with Solihull Moors rather than Ten Ton. You'll be playing with Fisher rather than the Southern Softies, it's not really an issue though.

All you'll need to do is download the save, put it into the save game section in the my documents SI folder. When you first try to load the game, it'll say "the database the game was created with cannot be found, the game will load with the default database" or something like that. Then once it's loaded that should be it for you to carry on.

Cheers icon14.gif

I think I know a way of temporarily changing their name from Fisher to Legends FC without using any editors, so I'll try that out now.

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Cheers icon14.gif

I think I know a way of temporarily changing their name from Fisher to Legends FC without using any editors, so I'll try that out now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How. icon_biggrin.gif

It's a cast of thousands - bizarre isn't it? They must need to hire out Wembley for their board meetings icon_biggrin.gif

You got me curious though. Apparently they are newly formed from a merger of Moor Green and Solihull Borough, playing in Solihull. Which is a shame, as I'm sure Moor Green's ground was fantastically and presumably ironically, (judging by the state of most lower league team's pitches) called The Lawn.

Anyway, they kept on the Solihull Chariman, the Moor Green manager, and (this is where Wiki facts stop and speculation starts) every board member from both clubs.

Looks like they're going to go back to being Ten Ton FC though icon14.gif

TenTon FC - Season 3 (BSP)

As a new soul drags itself into the body of Paul Wallace, a distinct air of eeriness is felt within the club. No longer the ways of the Scottish power, no longer the ways of the Celt army. This. Is. Different. An English spirit, a washed with nothing but torture and blood has entered the body of a usually calm and sedate Mr. wallace. The players can see the change within his eyes..... and changes he brought.

firstly, Mr. Wallace sought out the dead wood within the club. Releasing No less than 15 players, that Wallace didn't deem fit for the club.

As a replacement, the wily manager, who kept his brilliant transfer tact, signed these young stunners, as replacements.

Tommy Winnington

'Winnington Report'

Steve Shepherd

'Shepherd Report'

Ryan Hamill

'Hamill Report'

Jason Haverson

'Haverson Report'

Marc Nugent

'Nugent Report'

Nick Archer

'Archer Report'

And, a 1 season loan signing.

Scott Smith

these new boys are the footballers chosen to take TenTon FC to the next level. Although, much for great new players, the Pre-Season friendly results didn't go too well...

Losing 5 out of 5 friendly games, the new team hadn't gelled as well as Paul Wallace had hoped.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Ten Ton 0 : 4 Wigan Reserves

Ten Ton 2 : 3 Cinderford

Ten Ton 1 : 2 TNS

Ten Ton 2 : 3 Coleraine

Ten Ton 0 : 1 Tooting & Mitcham</pre>

Not even big name teams. I guess thats what you get when you let your assman take control of friendly games. icon_frown.gif

In light of a new team, the Same Captain was chosen, although the NEW Vice Captain role was very well accepted by TenTon old timer of 3 seasons, James McMenemy.

TenTon were given rather generous odds of 40 - 1 to win the division, although I'm sure they will try their very hardest.

Previous Manager Stats.

Stats

Current Manager Profile

A new tactic will be developed over the season, and hopefully these boys can make something of themselves.!

Archived