Wallace v Roberts - the striking legends small to big club North v South face-off

Fantastic stuff Dava. Well played. Enjoyed your updates too, even though they were obviously done under duress from your better half icon_wink.gif

This team have been playing below their potential for years, I think they stand a decent chance of making the step up.

There's 3 galacticos there in Dunn, Nep and Smith who are waaaaay better than we should really have at this stage, just need to make sure the guys around them are good enough.

Best of luck to Paul for next season.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's finally just clicked with me why some of these saves are uploaded at about 160mb, whereas mine have been about 40mb: compressed saving.

It's an option within the preferences. Not sure why you wouldn't use it, or why it's evn an option. Anyway, would obviously save a lot of time for those trying to upload the game.

July/August Update

Transfers

Outs

Glyn Reid, who despite being at the club for 4 seasons had never made an appearance for us, and I didn't decide to renew his contract, so he left on a free.

Steve Pike, another player that had never played for the club, also left on a free when his contract expired.

Sam Davies faced the same fate as the other two.

[ins[/b]

Willie Williamson - £1K, a 23 year old Attacking Midfielder, my assistant said he is one of the best players at the club, and would be a leading star for most League 1 teams.

Jimmy Holden - Free, a reasonably experienced striker, a signed him mainly as backup, but my assistant says that he would be a decent signing for most league 1 teams.

Edwin Knight - Free, 20 year old striker, could be one of the best signings we have made in years. Last season he played in this division for Yeovil, scoring 15 goals in 37 appearances, but I think we can get him to score a lot more than that.

Nathan James - £28K, an experienced midfielder, he has played at this level and above for Darlington in the past, he will get quite a few games for us this season.

Pre Season Friendlies

Havant & W 1-4 Ten Ton FC - A hat-trick from James Dunn and a goal from Stephen Roche, reminded me of old times.

Hayes & Yeading 3-5 Ten Ton FC - New signings caused a stir, with Edwin Knight scoring once, and Jimmy Holden grabbing two. James Dunn scored the other two.

Weston-super-Mare 0-8 Ten Ton FC - Jimmy Holden scored two, with the the following players scoring the once: Scott Smith, Edwin Knight, Dale Goulding, James Dunn and Ishmael Reeves. This was rounded off by an own goal from Paul Banks.

Macclesfield 1-3 Ten Ton FC - Willie Williamson scored his first for the club, with Jimmy Holden and Jake Williams also scoring.

Northwood 4-5 Ten Ton FC - An unfortunate loss, where Keith Jones scored twice, with Darren Bradshaw and Jimmy Holden getting the other two.

League 2 games

Game 1, Ten Ton FC 3-2 Rushden - Our first game in League 2 ended in victory. Edwin Knight scored after 30 seconds, yet Allan Cole equalised 37 minutes later. Edwin Knight grabbed his second after 41 minutes, making sure we went in infront. James Dunn scored our third 10 minutes from the end of the game, yet Andy Bartley got a goal back for Rushden after 86 minutes, despite the late pressure, we kept our cool, and finished the game victors.

League Cup 1st Round - Millwall 3-3 Ten Ton FC - we had been 3-0 down for 80 minutes of the game, until a late comeback saw Edwin Knight scoring twice, and James Dunn scoring in the last minute of injury time. Despite the comeback, Millwall beat us 3-2 on penalties, with NepentheZ, Stephen Roche and Edwin Knight all missing from the spot.

Game 2, Shrewsbury 1-1 Ten Ton FC - James Dunn put us ahead after 18 minutes, and the home side left it until the 78th minute to equalise through Martin Moore.

Game 3, Ten Ton FC 2-1 Hartlepool - James Dunn put us ahead after 33 minutes, yet we only held the lead for 6 minutes, due to Stewart Williamson's equaliser. It looked like our final game in August was to finish all square, until Edwin Knight grabbed an injury time winner.

So, after 3 games, we are unbeaten in the league, and currently sit in a nice 4th position , if the season follows the way our first three games have gone, then maybe a double promotion isn't that out of reach after all.

September Update

Game 4, Lincoln 1-1 Ten Ton FC - It took until the 91st minute for a goal to come, Steve Thomas putting the home team ahead. Yet just under 30 seconds after we re-kicked off, we had equalised through NepentheZ, making up for his earlier penalty miss.

JPT S 1st Round - Ten Ton FC 2-3 Yeovil - Our first goal came on the stroke of the 83rd minute, making it 1-2, Edwin Knight then equalised in within 20 seconds of injury time, yet Martin McGlashan's sensational strike in the 4th minute of injury time ruined and indeed ended our JPT dreams.

Game 5, Ten Ton FC 4-1 Tranmere - Lee Agnew put the away side ahead within 3 minutes, but 2 goals in 2 minutes during the 34th and 36th minute from James Dunn and Stephen Roche put us 2-1 ahead. James Dunn made it 3 just before the end of the first half, and 10 minutes from the end Stephen Roche got his second to finish Tranmere off for good.

Game 6, Peterborough 0-0 Ten Ton FC - It was one of those games, we created lots of chances, our best coming to Edwin Knight, but his effort hit the crossbar.

Game 7, Ten Ton FC 2-2 Mansfield - Mark Ballard put Mansfield ahead after 14 minutes, yet NepentheZ equalised on the 58th. Incredibly less than a minute later Mark Ballard had put the away side back infront. Yet James Dunn equalised on the 66th minute to make sure we got a point from the game.

Game 8, Bury 2-2 Ten Ton FC - Two goals in the first 20 minutes of the game had made sure Bury were infront, yet James Dunn clawed one back 10 minutes from the end. Just 2 minutes later, Stephen Harris had equalised, and got us a point from the game.

Game 9, Ten Ton FC 3-1 Woking - We finished September on a high. Jimmy Holden put us ahead after 1 minute, and just 6 minutes later James Dunn had made it 2-0. Peter Chadwick restored some hope for the away team 10 minutes into the second half, but Jimmy Holdens 68th minute strike ended the away teams hope.

So, 9 games gone and we are still unbeaten in the league.

Table

At long, long last both teams are in the football league!

As noted I'll try and make sure anyone new gets priority over those who've gone before. Hope that's ok with everyone.

The order of play and story so far....

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Paul Wallace - Northern Monkeys / Ten Ton FC

2007/8. bermybhoy - BS North - 7th

2008/9. aaberdeenn - BS South - 1st, promoted!

2009/10. NepentheZ - BS Prem - 21st, relegated!

2010/11. Gundo/rlipscombe - BS South - 17th

2011/12. bermybhoy - BS South - 2nd, promoted via play-offs!

2012/13. NepentheZ - BS Prem - 14th

2013/14. PaulHartman71 - BS Prem - 7th

2014/15. aaberdeenn - BS Prem - 13th

2015/16 NepentheZ - BS Prem - 13th

2016/17. Dava - BS Prem - 1st, promoted!

2017/18. PaulHartman71 - League 2 - Season under way

12. thezogsageordie

13. rlipscombe

14. aaberdeenn

15. bermybhoy

tbc. GazTheDoood

Honours

BSS Champions: 2008/9 - aaberdeen

Promoted via play-offs from BSS: 2011/12 - bermybhoy

BSP Champions: 2016/17 - Dava

FA Trophy 2016/17 - Dava

Setanta Shield 2016/17 - Dava

Danny Roberts - Southern Softies / Legends FC

2007/8. Robert_296 - BS South - 1st, promoted!

2008/9. dafuge - BS Prem - 5th, play off semi-final!

2009/10. elf_30 - BS Prem - 17th

2010/11. Spc1485 - BS Prem - 11th

2011/12. Robert_296 - BS Prem - 17th

2012/13. PoopyPants - BS Prem - 15th

2013/14. dafuge - BS Prem - 5th, promoted!

2014/15. Spc1485 - League 2 - 11th

2015/16. Robert_296 - League 2 - 22nd

2016/17. dave safc - League 2 - 6th, play-off semis

2017/18. MikelLUFC - League 2 - Season under way

12. ridleys

13. turnitupto11 - ???

14. dafuge

15. Robert_296

16. dave safc

Honours

BSS Champions: 2007/8 - Robert_296

FA Trophy: 2008/9 - dafuge

Promoted via play-offs from BSP: 2013/14 - dafuge</pre>

October

Game 10, Ten Ton FC 3-3 Exeter - James Dunn gave us the lead 5 minutes before the end of the first half, and it took Exeter until the 56th minute to reply. Carl Harrison put them ahead 10 minutes from the end, but just 3 minutes later Jimmy Holden equalised. Carl Harrison put Exeter back infront in the 89th minute, and it looked like our unbeaten run was to come to an end, but James Dunn's last minute equaliser meant that we would get a point from the game.

Game 11, Cheltenham 0-2 Ten Ton FC - Edwin Knight put us ahead after 42 minutes, and James Dunn scored the second on the hour mark. Despite a lot of pressing, Cheltenham failed to get themselves back into the game.

Game 12, Ten Ton FC 3-2 Morecambe - Edwin Knight put us ahead after 22 minutes, and Jimmy Holden made it 2-0 just 2 minutes later. On the half-hour mark Gary Davis got a goal back, and a minute after that Peter Higgins equalised for them! However James Dunn's goal 5 minutes from the end meant that we would finish the game with 3 points.

Game 13, Yeovil 0-0 Ten Ton FC - This game was utterly utterly boring, we didn't really produce anything and niether did Yeovil.

Game 14, Aldershot 4-2 Ten Ton FC - And so our undefeated run came to an end. Chris Savage had given the home side the lead in the first half, yet 10 minutes into the second, Edwin Knight equalised for us. George Evans put Aldershot back infront just 2 minutes later. James Dunn equalised again for us 10 minutes from the end, but Malcolm Upcott made it 3-2, on the 85th minute. Despite late charges, it was Nathan James who scored an own goal to give Aldershot the 4-2 victory.

Game 15, Bournemouth 4-2 Ten Ton FC - With 10 minutes left in the match we were 4-0 down, yet Darren Bannister's goal gave us some hope. We needed a goal fast, but the only goal we got came with the last kick of the game, an Andy Gardiner own goal.

Table

So, we might have lost our unbeaten run. But we were still in 6th place, and within 6 points of the leaders.

November

Game 16, Ten Ton FC 1-2 Walsall - Garry Andrews gave the away side the lead after 59 minutes, Derek Niven got a goal back on the 72nd minute, and it looked like we had a point until Daniel Wright scored a 93rd minute winner.

Game 17, Notts County 1-1 Ten Ton FC - Edwin Knight gave us the lead 20 minutes from time, and like the last game, we failed to defend in the final minutes, and Ashley Howarth equalised in the 87th minute.

FA Cup 1st Round, Ten Ton FC 3-1 Bristol Rovers - A comfortable victory in the cup for us. Edwin Knight gave us the lead after 5 minutes, James Dunn made it 2-0 in the 22nd minute. Stephen Roche made it 3-0 just 4 minutes later. It was Danny Salmon who scored Bristol Rovers only goal, but his 77th minute proved nothing more than a consulation.

Game 18, Luton 2-1 Ten Ton FC - Peter Reeves gave Luton the lead after 37 minutes, we left it until the 77th to equalise, it came from Edwin Knight. Yet again we conceded late, this time the 92nd minute, with Richard Atkinson stealing all 3 points for Luton.

Game 19, Ten Ton FC 5-5 Grays - Edwin Knight gave us the lead after 4 minutes, Peter Beesley equalising 1 minute later. On the half hour mark James Dunn put us infront again, and Edwin Knight made it 3-1 in first half injury time. Rob Murdoch made it 3-2 just two minutes into the second half, but 3 minutes later James Dunn made it 4-2. Jimmy Holden made it 5-2 on the 54th minute. Dominic Westwood made it 5-3 on the hour mark, and 15 minutes later Rob Murdoch made it 5-4. It was Dominic Westwood who equalised, 5 minutes from the end.

table

So, another poor month putting us further down the table. We now sit 9th, and are perhaps facing the inevitable that we are not a promotion fighting team, but infact a relegation fighting team.

December

FA Cup 2nd Round -

Preston 6-4 Ten Ton FC

1-0 - Denny L'Ami

2-0 - Darren Godden

2-1 - Edwin Knight

3-1 - Andrew Mason

3-2 - Edwin Knight

4-2 - Gary McMenamin

5-2 - Gary McMenamin

6-2 - Gary McMenamin

6-3 - Edwin Knight

6-4 - James Dunn

A magnificent match, one of the best i've seen us in. Although my increasing anger with David Cook, means that I will more than likely sign a new goalkeeper in the new year.

Game 20, Ten Ton FC 1-1 York

Game 21, Stockport 4-1 Ten Ton FC

Game 22, Ten Ton FC 3-3 MK Dons

Game 23, Rushen 3-3 Ten Ton FC

Game 24, Ten Ton FC 0-2 Shrewsbury

table

So, we have now dropped to 14th, I will be strengthening the defence in January as it simply isn't good enough.

Originally posted by PaulHartman71:

just noticed for the last 3 updates, they've been every hour at 32 minutes past icon_biggrin.gif

ROFL! I'm no psychologist but I reckon there's a high chance that the next time you post you will dictate the time at which you post, whether it is at 32 minutes past or other.

PS, as I'm next (thank you!) I'm obviously reading your updates but if you want to put a list of players you recommend I keep as some people here are having a huge clear out and I don't want to sell players you think are real gems. KUTGW and hopefully I can maintain the progress next season. . . Screw that! I will maintain the progress next season.

Originally posted by bermybhoy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PaulHartman71:

just noticed for the last 3 updates, they've been every hour at 32 minutes past icon_biggrin.gif

By my reckoning you'll have finished the season at 1.32 am icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's always oneicon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by thezogsageordie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PaulHartman71:

ROFL! I'm no psychologist but I reckon there's a high chance that the next time you post you will dictate the time at which you post, whether it is at 32 minutes past or other.

PS, as I'm next (thank you!) I'm obviously reading your updates but if you want to put a list of players you recommend I keep as some people here are having a huge clear out and I don't want to sell players you think are real gems. KUTGW and hopefully I can maintain the progress next season. . . Screw that! I will maintain the progress next season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there aren't really many players you should get rid of tbh, but at the end of the season I'll tell you the players you absolutely must never ever ever even think of selling icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thezogsageordie:

PS, as I'm next (thank you!) I'm obviously reading your updates but if you want to put a list of players you recommend I keep as some people here are having a huge clear out and I don't want to sell players you think are real gems. KUTGW and hopefully I can maintain the progress next season. . . Screw that! I will maintain the progress next season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there aren't really many players you should get rid of tbh, but at the end of the season I'll tell you the players you absolutely must never ever ever even think of selling icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Top stuff chief. I'm really excited about doing this. I'm at the stage in FM were I can't get a good game going so I'm going to give my all for the cause and get us up there!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thezogsageordie:

there aren't really many players you should get rid of tbh, but at the end of the season I'll tell you the players you absolutely must never ever ever even think of selling icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Top stuff chief. I'm really excited about doing this. I'm at the stage in FM were I can't get a good game going so I'm going to give my all for the cause and get us up there! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just remember to use your own tactic not a downloaded one, Frazza Pee made that mistake icon_wink.gif

Top stuff chief. I'm really excited about doing this. I'm at the stage in FM were I can't get a good game going so I'm going to give my all for the cause and get us up there! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just remember to use your own tactic not a downloaded one, Frazza Pee made that mistake icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I heard and I will! I said that in OTT I think about using your own tactic makes winning and achieving so much better, it's the equivalent of re-loading in my eyes. I admit to have looked at other peoples tactics to influence me, wwfan mainly, that guy is so good and the thing is you can relate to what he types and you think, of course that makes so much sense!

January

Transfers

Danny Gray - FREE, signed mainly due to my increasing hate of Cook, who is too young to be playing for the first team imo

Jose Luis Pujol - £10K, a player who has experience at this level, and should strengthen our defence.

Game 25, Accrington 4-3 Ten Ton FC

Game 26, Hartlepool 3-0 Ten Ton FC

Game 27, Ten Ton FC 1-0 Lincoln

Game 28, Tranmere 4-2 Ten Ton FC

Game 29, Ten Ton FC 2-2 Peterborough

Game 30, Mansfield 1-3 Ten Ton FC

table

We now sit a depressing 20th, yet we are only 13 points away from the playoffs, I wouldn't put it past us.

February

Game 31, Ten Ton FC 2-1 Bury

Game 32, Exeter 0-4 Ten Ton FC

Game 33, Ten Ton FC 1-2 Cheltenham

Game 34, Woking 1-2 Ten Ton FC

Game 35, Ten Ton FC 1-1 Aldershot

So, not a bad month by our standards, but still not a great one.

table

we are now comfortably away from relegation, yet promotion is looking more and more unlikely.

February

Game 31, Ten Ton FC 2-1 Bury

Game 32, Exeter 0-4 Ten Ton FC

Game 33, Ten Ton FC 1-2 Cheltenham

Game 34, Woking 1-2 Ten Ton FC

Game 35, Ten Ton FC 1-1 Aldershot

So, not a bad month by our standards, but still not a great one.

table

we are now comfortably away from relegation, yet promotion is looking more and more unlikely.

Seems quite frustrating, 33.3% of games won have come in February! Great month.

That was my last update of the night btw

Fair enough, night? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah, i've had enough FM for one night though icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by bermybhoy:

That was a good innings for the day. Good to see people getting into it icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, I i'm really getting into it, glad to be the pioneer of League 2 icon_cool.gif hopefully we will be in a higher league when I get my next go icon_biggrin.gif

Fair enough, night? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah, i've had enough FM for one night though icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye sometimes I used to get that and my passion would drop slightly so I would put it down for the dayicon_biggrin.gif

March

Game 36, Morecambe 3-2 Ten Ton FC

Game 37, Ten Ton FC 2-2 Yeovil

Game 38, Ten Ton FC 3-4 Bournemouth

Game 39, Walsall 4-2 Ten Ton FC

Game 40, Ten Ton FC 3-3 Luton

Game 41, York 3-1 Ten Ton FC

So, a horrific month to be honest, we score enough goals, just can't defend.

table

So with 5 games left, promotion is out of the picture, we can still get relegated, but that's very unlikely.

March

Game 36, Morecambe 3-2 Ten Ton FC

Game 37, Ten Ton FC 2-2 Yeovil

Game 38, Ten Ton FC 3-4 Bournemouth

Game 39, Walsall 4-2 Ten Ton FC

Game 40, Ten Ton FC 3-3 Luton

Game 41, York 3-1 Ten Ton FC

So, a horrific month to be honest, we score enough goals, just can't defend.

table

So with 5 games left, promotion is out of the picture, we can still get relegated, but that's very unlikely.

Agreed, I'll have to have a butchers at a whole new defence I think!

April/May

Game 42, Grays 3-3 Ten Ton FC

Game 43, Ten Ton FC 2-2 Notts County

Game 44, Ten Ton 3-0 Stockport

Game 45, MK Dons 2-5 Ten Ton FC

Game 46, Ten Ton 5-2 Accrington

So, a superb end to the season, an unbeaten run, and two back to back 5-2 victories!

Final update to come in a bit icon_wink.gif

April/May

Game 42, Grays 3-3 Ten Ton FC

Game 43, Ten Ton FC 2-2 Notts County

Game 44, Ten Ton 3-0 Stockport

Game 45, MK Dons 2-5 Ten Ton FC

Game 46, Ten Ton 5-2 Accrington

So, a superb end to the season, an unbeaten run, and two back to back 5-2 victories!

Final update to come in a bit icon_wink.gif

We're going to be unbeaten for at least 3 months!

End Of Season Report

First of all, great news for the club

squad pretty good, but needs to get better defensively

Stephen Roche A great central midfielder, one of if not the best in the team

Nep great player, his presence on the right side of midfield was absolutely crucial when attacking

Jimmy Holden A brilliant signing, if Dunn or Knight couldn't score then this guy could, he also managed to get 17 assists!

Edwin Knight I think in previous seasons what we have lacked is this kind of player. It's always been James Dunn scoring 50 goals a season etc, but what he really needed was an assistant, an apprentice a padawan even. This guy was him alright, 27 goals and 12 assists, fantastic, and he is still only 21 so has a brilliant career ahead of him.

James Dunn - 50 games, 44 goals, 13 assists and 10 MOTM's, what else is there to say?

Dunn - He scored his 250th league goal in the last game of the season and also his 300th for the club in total.

Top Goalscorers - James Dunn clear winner by 7 goals, but Edwin Knight's still pretty impressive 20 up there.

Well, that was my season. Will upload database for you zogsageordie, then i'll email you the data you need for team name etc

End Of Season Report

First of all, great news for the club

squad pretty good, but needs to get better defensively

Stephen Roche A great central midfielder, one of if not the best in the team

Nep great player, his presence on the right side of midfield was absolutely crucial when attacking

Jimmy Holden A brilliant signing, if Dunn or Knight couldn't score then this guy could, he also managed to get 17 assists!

Edwin Knight I think in previous seasons what we have lacked is this kind of player. It's always been James Dunn scoring 50 goals a season etc, but what he really needed was an assistant, an apprentice a padawan even. This guy was him alright, 27 goals and 12 assists, fantastic, and he is still only 21 so has a brilliant career ahead of him.

James Dunn - 50 games, 44 goals, 13 assists and 10 MOTM's, what else is there to say?

Dunn - He scored his 250th league goal in the last game of the season and also his 300th for the club in total.

Top Goalscorers - James Dunn clear winner by 7 goals, but Edwin Knight's still pretty impressive 20 up there.

Well, that was my season. Will upload database for you zogsageordie, then i'll email you the data you need for team name etc

I think it's fair to say I won't need to buy a strikericon_biggrin.gif (cheers, I'll start asap)

Start of Season expectations: Mid-Table Finish.

I was going to say Top Half and get a bit more wage budget but I don't want to risk getting sacked!

Transfer Budget: Diddly.

Wage Budget: £27k.

Quite a rise from last year as when I inherited in the team we were 8k over.

First thing I did was request a parent club and I shall get the ball rolling on 1st July but right now I feel that after such a long season of ups and downs I deserve a break (just kiddingicon_biggrin.gif)

I think we decided early on that Getting a parent club was to be 'against the rules'

Sorry! I really should read this thread - I'll cancel any teams offered to me and read this entire thread tomorrow...At workicon_biggrin.gif

I've just been offered Gareth Hopkins on a free and my Kev reckons I should sign him at any cost! Ideal start.

I'm going to make a list of players that I want to get rid of and I'd like you to advise me on any that I shouldn't if that's okay mate.

I think we decided early on that Getting a parent club was to be 'against the rules'

Sorry! I really should read this thread - I'll cancel any teams offered to me and read this entire thread tomorrow...At workicon_biggrin.gif

I've just been offered Gareth Hopkins on a free and my Kev reckons I should sign him at any cost! Ideal start.

I'm going to make a list of players that I want to get rid of and I'd like you to advise me on any that I shouldn't if that's okay mate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok

Archived