Wallace v Roberts - the striking legends small to big club North v South face-off

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dava:

Fair enough, more than happy to go next.

p.s although you said you wouldn't like to get me in trouble (two accounts)....... you did.

Ah...sorry about that. Hope it's cool now. How's your other save going, think you've got this all sussed out?

Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

good stuff looks like youll be waving good bye to the other team, fisher i assume only the save game has been uploaded and not the og database.

We tried that at the outset, but for whatever reason no-one could get the game to recognise the database on another machine from the one it was created on. Probably better than having everyone download a database as well anyway.

So, are you going to be taking part?

Dave, going well. Don't get them promoted icon_frown.gif

This is spooky just read your post, you play the exact same formation as me, you support Sunderland AFC? and your name is Dave!! I am starting to think I had 3 accounts not 2....

By the way excellent results, you look a shoe in for promotion when relegation was more likely icon14.gif

Ah...sorry about that. Hope it's cool now. How's your other save going, think you've got this all sussed out?

No probs, only kidding Dafuge was very nice about it all.... As for the other game done OK finished 4th first season with Blythe and no signings, so was really happy with that. I find it almost impossible to sign anyone or get a scout to recomend anyone and almost my whole team left on free transfers, so I am 'rebuilding'...

Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

just seen this one, interesting, will follow it. Nep...dont get relegated again icon14.gif

Sod off icon_biggrin.gif - That only happened once, and I was left with not a lot. icon_frown.gif

This season, just a quick update as I've not got the time to do the updates as normal, but want to get this finished for Paul so he can start asap...

League

Currently sat 12th in the BSP, but with a game in hand that, if won would see us shoot up to 8th. Unfortunately due to a 5-4 loss to Hereford, and lowly Billericay stealing a late win, Play -Offs are pretty much out of reach now, after 32 games, as I find myself 11 points off, but with a game in hand. Aim for the season is to finish in the top ten.

Cups

F.A Cup we were beaten in the first round, but are currently in the 5th round of the Setanta Shield (Cheltenham) and the 4th Round of the F.A Trophy (Billericay) - so the chance of a trophy winning season is still definitely there.

The Team

Playing well, despite the results, I just really need to find a healthy medium with the attack / defense bias. We're scoring and conceding so many, that with a bit of better tactics, we could have taken the league by storm. James Dunn, has 39 goals in 35 games, and NepentheZ has an Impressive 22 assists and 13 goals in 39 games from the wide right. Scott smith is chipping in too, with an incredible return of 16 goals in 30 games. The biggest problem I feel with the team is the lack of decent back up players, and the team really suffers when Injuries or suspensions come about. I think the laws on transfers and spending will need to be looked at if we are serious about getting a decent team together.

Transfers

I've not signed or sold anyone since the beginning of the season, but the following has happened.

James Dunn - Bids from Rangers (£55,000 + 20%), Burnley (£350,000),

NepentheZ - Bids from C. Palace (£21,000), Huddersfield (£66,000), Aberdeen (£30,000), St Mirren (£66,000), Falkirk (£39,000), Wigan (£29,000), Man City (£29,000), Bolton (£35,000 + 25%), Exeter (£53,000)

Cook - Bids from QPR (£46,000), Cardiff (£29,000), Sheff Weds (£22,000)

So a lot of SPL teams, Lower tabled Premiership teams, and promotion pushing Championship teams are bidding for our players, but Burnleys bid for Dunn aside, nothing is near good enough for the players. My fear is that the board will start accepting the bids on my behalf.

Despite all bids being rejected, only NepentheZ became unhappy about it.

Key Games

TEN TON FC 6 - 2 Histon (Dunn Hat-Trick)

TEN TON FC 3 - 6 MK Dons - took a battering.

TEN TON FC 4 - 5 Hereford - unlucky defeat.

So theres the three key games, and I picked these because the 2 losses are to the teams in the top 5 spots, which are the teams we must be beating if we're to have any shot at promotion next season.

In the hereford game, the score was 2-4 in Herefords favour, when 2 goals in 41 seconds we scored for Ten Ton. James Dunn scored, and from the restart, the player passed the ball back to the keeper, who missed it and it rolled in \o/

Both goals we scored on the same minute (73rd) - something that I've never seen before.

Originally posted by The Rules:

There is however a limit on pre-contract agreements (ie, signing any player who won't join til the next season): 3 bosman signings who are likely to be first team players, and a maximum spend of 25% of any transfer budget available. More than this requires the acceptance of the next player. Youth player pre contracts are pretty much unlimited unless they are significant to the wage budget.

3 Bosman signings. Now, I appreciate people after me may not want the dross that I sign, but I don't think 3 is enough. The way I personally work in the lower leagues, is by signing a fair few young free players, then seeing how they work in my team. The fact that I can only sign 3, also means that I may miss out on players released or found later on in the season, after my 3 are done.

25% of a budget. The reason I wouldn't be happy with this, is because, especially in these leagues, 25% is not a lot. (Maybe £30,000 if you're lucky). Now the better players in this division are valued at around £15,000 - £30,000, meaning it would be very, very hard to sign these key players on such a small budget.

Not really a massive issue, and a bit late for any changes to effect me, but something I feel should be discussed with the members involved.

I think there's a misunderstanding here - all that is referring to is signing players for the FOLLOWING season. Not the season you're playing. You can sign as many as want then. The point being that if you sign a load of players on pre-contracts (I'm not sure anyone would really do this anyway, but it was just to reuce the risk), the next guy might come in and find he has no room to pick anyone up himself.

Hope that hasn't ruined your season icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by bermybhoy:

I think there's a misunderstanding here - all that is referring to is signing players for the FOLLOWING season. Not the season you're playing. You can sign as many as want then. The point being that if you sign a load of players on pre-contracts (I'm not sure anyone would really do this anyway, but it was just to reuce the risk), the next guy might come in and find he has no room to pick anyone up himself.

Hope that hasn't ruined your season icon_frown.gif

This has hindered me playing the way I wanted to on each of the three occasions I took the team for a season icon_frown.gif - I read it as not being allowed to sign more than 3 free transfers, thus making me very uneasy at signing any at all. Now its been cleared up though, Next time I take the club, I'll be able to make massive strides in a season.

I thought only being able to sign 3 was a way of keeping a core of the squad together, and not allowing managers to replace basically full teams when they take over. Silly me icon13.gif

That's hugely disappointing, it really is, because I imagine you're usually quite the wheeler dealer.

Is that whole rule unneccesary? Does it just cause more confusion than anything? Because it's really just there to catch a hypothetical situation. I'm not that sure who will spend that long looking at future signings who they will not themselves manage anyway.

That's hugely disappointing, it really is, because I imagine you're usually quite the wheeler dealer.

Is that whole rule unneccesary? Does it just cause more confusion than anything? Because it's really just there to catch a hypothetical situation. I'm not that sure who will spend that long looking at future signings who they will not themselves manage anyway.

I don't see a problem with making more than 3 Bosman signings.

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bermybhoy:

I don't see a problem with making more than 3 Bosman signings. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's only an issue if someone makes, say 10 and the next guy is lumbered with a load of new signings he had no say over.

However, it's obviously unpopular or just confusing, so let's take it out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bermybhoy:

I don't see a problem with making more than 3 Bosman signings. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's only an issue if someone makes, say 10 and the next guy is lumbered with a load of new signings he had no say over.

However, it's obviously unpopular or just confusing, so let's take it out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good call. Like you said, who would look to sign new players once their season is over?

Ten Ton FC - End of Season update

Summary -

A very poor end to the season meant Ten Ton FC finished in 13th place. This disappoints me greatly, as with a 1/4 of the season left, there was only 5 points between me and a play-off place. I lost a lot of form in the end, and couldn't take the team further.

Although we did make it to the semi-final of one on the cups, the only good thing about the whole season really, was the fact that we managed to put away so many goals over the duration.

League Table

Graph

Squad

James Dunn - Runner Up Total League Goals

Players

Pick of the bunch....

James Dunn - Another fantastic season, scoring 52 goals. His goals dried up late on in the season, and a few niggly injuries caused him to miss a few games too.

NepentheZ - Attracting much attention from Premier league clubs, the guy had a great season. So many assists, and chips in with a lot of goals too.

Scott Smith - Scored a lot of goals from midfield, before being moved to defence to try and sure up the back 4. It didn't work, but he still performed to a very high level.

So, thats it. Sorry the updates haven't been as good as the first half of the season, but I've been real busy (until now \o/ ) - and just haven't had the time to continue them in that manner.

Next Season

Not entirely sure who's after me next, but just some info for you from the season.

Smith, NepentheZ and Dunn are all Prem quality players, and building a team around them would go a long way into getting us promoted. With players like this in the team, I find it hard to see why we've struggled this season, so maybe a fresh tactic will see you dominant.

Staff - I've not renewed any contracts yet, so all only really have about 4 weeks left. I did this so you are free to look for new staff if you wish (something I usually always do when I take over a club) - and personally I think there are better staff avaliable than the ones we currently have.

The save game will be uploaded when I get home later, as my net is faster there. Hope this update is good enough..!!

Goo stuff as always Nep. Shame the season didn't turn out better. The quality of player is certainly there, we just need to find the right tactics to take us over the line.

An incredible amount of goals in that division - how on earth did the top scorer manager a 63 goals haul - crazy stuff.

Unlucky Nep, great end of season up-date.

I am more than happy to go next and would appreciate any info you guys who have played before think relevant to the future of the club.

I will always ask your advice if I think of making any major decisions.

If anyone wants to take part, let us know. We could REALLY use some more Monkeys, espcially.

The order of play and story so far....

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Paul Wallace - Northern Monkeys / Ten Ton FC

2007/8. bermybhoy - BSN / 7th

2008/9. aaberdeenn - BSS / 1st, promoted!

2009/10. NepentheZ - BSP / 21st, relegated!

2010/11. Gundo/rlipscombe - BSS / 17th

2011/12. bermybhoy - BSS / 2nd, promoted via play-offs!

2012/13. NepentheZ - BSP / 14th

2013/14. PaulHartman71 - BSP / 7th

2014/15. aaberdeenn - BSP / 13th

2015/16 NepentheZ - BSP / 13th

2016/17. davafish - BSP / Season starting soon

11. PaulHartman71

12. bermybhoy

tbc. GazTheDoood

Honours

BSS Champions: 2008/9 - aaberdeen

Promoted via play-offs from BSS: 2011/12 - bermybhoy

Danny Roberts - Southern Softies / Legends FC

2007/8. Robert_296 - BSS / 1st, promoted!

2008/9. dafuge - BSP / 5th, play off semi-final!

2009/10. elf_30 - BSP / 17th

2010/11. Spc1485 - BSP / 11th

2011/12. Robert_296 - BSP / 17th

2012/13. PoopyPants - BSP / 15th

2013/14. dafuge - BSP / 5th, promoted!

2014/15. Spc1485 - League 2 / 11th

2015/16. Robert_296 - League 2 / 22nd

2016/17. dave safc - League 2 / Season nearing conclusion, looking good for play-offs/promotion

11. MikelLUFC

12. dafuge

13. ridleys

Honours

BSS Champions: 2007/8 - Robert_296

FA Trophy: 2008/9 - dafuge

Promoted via play-offs from BSP: 2013/14 - dafuge</pre>

Legend FC - Update

Game 29 - FA Cup 3rd Round

Sunderland 4 - 1 Legend FC

Game 30

Gillingham 3 - 0 Legend FC

Game 31

Darlington 1 - 0 Legend FC

Game 32

Legend FC 1 - 1 York

Game 33

Shrewsbury 6 - 4 Legend FC

Game 34

Legend FC 1 - 1 Bournemouth

Game 35

Hartlepool 3 - 3 Legend FC

Game 36

Legend FC 0 - 1 Rushden

Game 37

Macclesfield 1 - 0 Legend FC

Game 38

Legend FC 3 - 3 Oldham

Game 39

Port Vale 4 - 3 Legend FC

Game 40

Legend FC 0 - 1 Stockport

Game 41

Huddersfield 1 - 4 Legend FC

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Sunderland game proved to be the catalyst of our downfall. As you can see we capitulated with some style. . I have no idea why we went from title challengers to play-off outsiders but we did.

Everything went against us and I felt like there was nothing I could do to get us out of this rut.

We went into the Huddersfield game as 9-1 outsiders so I played down our chances of winning and told the players that the pressure was off. Which worked, as we ended our eleven game winless streak.

The table now looks like this - Table

So, 10 games to play. 10 wins and who knows? icon_wink.gif

That's a decent season even if you finish there. Hopefully the form will pick up a bit and get us a playoff spot.

Looking at that list of bermybhoy's, does ridleys want to go above me? I've already managed them twice and would rather give preference to people who haven't had a go yet.

Originally posted by dafuge:

That's a decent season even if you finish there. Hopefully the form will pick up a bit and get us a playoff spot.

Looking at that list of bermybhoy's, does ridleys want to go above me? I've already managed them twice and would rather give preference to people who haven't had a go yet.

Yeah, please icon14.gif

I have downloaded the file, unfortunately had 5 offers of 250k on the trot for Dunn, and he aint happy...... will try my best to keep him as he and the two guys Nep has bought are a great core, easily good enough two leagues above.... raised my budgets by declaring I will push for promotion

I have downloaded the file, unfortunately had 5 offers of 250k on the trot for Dunn, and he aint happy...... will try my best to keep him as he and the two guys Nep has bought are a great core, easily good enough two leagues above.... raised my budgets by declaring I will push for promotion

Good stuff Dava. Jus a word of advice (if you didn't already know) - Any enquiries for players, just ignore them, and don't click any answer, so people don't get upset.

IF the board do decide to accept an offer, immediately offer the player to all clubs for £0. You will get floods of offers, and if the player accepts one of the clubs bidding £0, you can cancel the transfer. On a similar note, Dunn has 4 years left on his contract \o/

Unfortunately, "NepentheZ" is now in his final year under you, and wants to leave the club (or is at least unhappy about not being allowed to move) - so tying him up on a contract would be a MASSIVE bonus icon14.gif

Beaten to it. All works.

I've been banging on about this previously, but if you're doing any contract negotiations - just check it's set to full time, as it defaults to part time, even for existing players.

Hopefully both of those guys stay. Might be worth offering them contracts to see if it cheers them up. I don't think there's been an instance yet of the board accepting an offer for anyone, so hopefully they don't get greedy.

Good luck icon14.gif

Hi guys thanks for the advice, both been offered 5 year contracts (full time) I have signed all my players so far on FT.

On a sad note .... I hope nobody was too attached to a startlet from the youth accademy (Bannon).... I listed him and got 170k + 20% sell on

The board wern't the happiest at the start but I do think Nep was hampered last season with his misunderstanding of the transfers.

Board Confidence

Staff - signed new ass man & coach, renewed two and renewed the two scouts

I was happy with Nep, Dunn, Smith, Roche & Cook... all excellent players for this league. I have only been able to sign frees, some could be good but no real stand out players.

Harris

Graham

Williams

Armstrong

Transfer Summary

I then set out to make sure our best players stayed, as they are attracting bid after bid after bid...

Good News One

Good News Two

Unfortunately Cook is not playing ball but he has two years left, so the next man can worry about his future (although I shall persist)

Ass man played all my friendlies (badly) and my first home game was Rochdale.

Good Start

I still need a left winger although none are available, nobody will join on loan but I hope some deals can be done to strengthen, just hope my scouts find someone.

All in all its a good team for this level and will be disappointed if I don't hit at least play off's.

Hi guys thanks for the advice, both been offered 5 year contracts (full time) I have signed all my players so far on FT.

On a sad note .... I hope nobody was too attached to a startlet from the youth accademy (Bannon).... I listed him and got 170k + 20% sell on

He was my signing icon_frown.gif - I had very high hopes for him. icon_mad.gif

Some pretty decent looking signings there. You should have a bit of cash to spend now too if anyone comes up. Bannon was after my time but he looked decent from what I remember, hopefully you can get someone better in.

I think the key thing here is tightening up at the back - if you can avoid shipping goals we should do well. After all, you're guaranteed 50 a season from our man Dunn...

I agree with that unfortunately nobody is inerested who is worth spending money on... certainly nobody on the search screen & scouts haven't found anyone yet. Any tips on finding interested players?

Nep, sorry mate I though Harris was better and it was pretty good money!

Legend FC - Update

Game 42

Legend FC 0 - 1 Dorchester

Game 43

Chester 1 - 4 Legend FC

Game 44

Legend FC 1 - 2 Rotherham

Game 45

Carlisle 1 - 2 Legend FC

Game 46

Legend FC 0 - 1 Bristol Rovers

Game 47

Legend FC 2 - 2 Barnet

Game 48

Walsall 4 - 5 Legend FC

Game 49

Accrington 0 - 4 Legend FC

Game 50

Legend FC 1 - 0 Hereford

Game 51

MK Dons 0 - 1 Legend FC

As you can see, as horrendous we were at home was as brilliant as we were away. Destroying 2nd placed Accrington 4-0 and beating MK Dons to deny them automatic promotion, were particular highlights.

All in all, this meant we gate-crashed the play-offs as we ended the season in 6th place. I mistakenly went into the last game believing we needed to finish 6th to get a play-off place icon_redface.gif , with Stockport (the team in 6th) losing and us drawing 0 - 0, I was willing a goal. Imagine my delight when a 92nd minute corner was converted! Only to find out after the game we would have finished in the play-offs regardless of the result! icon_biggrin.gif

In the play-offs we would meet...MK Dons. We showed we could beat them, by doing it twice throughout the course of the season.

For them it was an instant chance for revenge.

Play-off Leg 1

Legend FC 2 - 1

A Jermaine Blackburn brace, his 34th and 35th goals of the season putting us in the driving seat for a place at Wembley.

We went into the second leg as favourites...

Play-off Leg 2

MK Dons 3 - 1 Legend FC

Unfortunately, this is where our season ends. We didn't turn up for this game. One shot on target says it all really. Disappointment.

This is how it all ends - Table

I'll get to uploading the save game shortly...

Great season dave, unlucky to lose in the play offs but the side is heading in the right direction. Glad to see driver and blackburn still doing the business hopefully league one is achievable next year! No pressure whoever is next.

In my opinion, the three I've mentioned already as well as Williams and Blackburn. Weatherstone (i think?) was a good performer and has a lot of potential too.

I think anyone else could be replaced really.

There's 3 Hungarians coming in the summer on bosmans. Let me know how they work out icon_wink.gif

Oh, and good luck icon_biggrin.gif

Archived