Wallace v Roberts - the striking legends small to big club North v South face-off

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dava:

Thanks Dafuge, I did have a couple of questions if you could help me?

Are you permitted to use the 'player search' facility and filter?

Can you play a few games on 'holiday'? as for some reason I find once I have my tactics and my team choice set, my assistant manager often gets better results than me, I must have a 1 stat for motivation!

Excellent. Glad you want to take part. Will add you to the Monkeys list.

As for holidaying, personally it's something I never do, but if you waned to go down that route I don't see a huge issue with. On the assumption you're talking about the odd game here and there, and not holidaying a whole season, that would be somewhat pointless icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by ridleys:

I'll do a season for one of the teams (without mucking up this time) icon14.gif

I'd prefer Ten Ton FC, but the list is getting a bit long so I wouldn't mind doing a season for the Softies. icon_smile.gif

'3IAR'

thanks.

ridleys, cool. Softies ok for you?

When I was amending the rules, I should have added another rule that everyone MUST have the autosave facility set to at least monthly icon_wink.gif

Ten Ton FC - Update

So, 10 more league games in, and things have started to take a turn for the worse.

BSP Games

Match Day 11

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Macclesfield 1 - 1 Ten Ton FC

Sturgess (72) NepentheZ (45)

Reeves S/O (81)</pre>

So not a great result, but away from home, and with ten men for 10 minutes I feel its not too bad.

Match Day 12

Ten Ton FC 2 - 2 Cambridge

Easton (2) Morris (12)

Dunn (61) Glover (87)

Gray S/O (90)</pre>

Another red card. Again, late on so didn't have too much of an impact on the match, but still not good as its first teamers getting suspensions they shouldn't be. A late steal from cambridge in a match that Ten Ton dominated.

Match Day 13

Ten Ton FC 2 - 3 MK Dons

Dunn (30,75) Ball (9)

NepentheZ (INJ) Kay (23)

(1 Week) Hancox (41)</pre>

4 Games now without a win, and title challenge is slipping away. Now finding ourselves lower mid-table, but with a few games in hand.

Match Day 14

Droylsden 2 - 1 Ten Ton FC

Harper (55) NepentheZ (48)

Cartwright (87) Dunn INJ (83) 1 Week</pre>

Now 5 games without a win, and a loss to a lowly side. Poor showing here from ten ton, with Injuries and suspensions hampering the squad. Dunn gets injured for 7-10 days, but it'll be 2-3 weeks before his back on top form.

Match Day 15

Ten Ton FC 3 - 2 Ebbsfleet

Bannon (39) Bell (57)

NepentheZ (48) Scannell o/g (75)

Reeves (72)

Easton INJ (2-3 weeks)

Bannon INJ (1-2 Months)</pre>

Yet more injuries, and it seems the gods are conspiring against us in a bid for promotion. Despite the win, the injuries really rocked the club, as Bannon was the perfect replacement for Dunn's absence. Controlled the game, and despite the scoreline won it comfortably. Loan Signing James Easton, who has been forceful on the left wing is also injured.

Match Day 16

Rochdale 1 - 0 Ten Ton FC

Courtney (6)</pre>

A game with little incident. It literally flew by with only about 4 "highlights" (something I've never seen before..!! )) A loss, but 4th place Rochdale were in good form, and Ten Ton far from it.

Match Day 17

Ten Ton FC 2 - 5 Forest Green

Smith (7) Holland (2,14,22,58)

NepentheZ (p55) Burns (60)</pre>

completely humiliated in this game. despite the stats showing it as even, we were completely outplayed.

Match Day 18

Dag & Red 2 - 4 Ten Ton FC

Bennett (19) Smith (2)

Deeney (49) Thorne o/g (51)

Marsh (85,90)</pre>

At last, our class is shining through again. A deserved win, Smith really excelling in his attacking midfield role, and Marsh filling the void left by Dunn and Bannon.

Match Day 19

Ten Ton FC 2 - 1 Halifax

NepentheZ (p60) Norton (11)

Dunn (84)</pre>

2 wins on the trot now, and starting to climb back up the league. Dunn wasn't performing to his best, so with 10 minutes to go, I switched him with the other ST and he scored almost instantly. A deserved win against a poor halifax outfit.

Match Day 20

Torquay 3 - 2 Ten Ton FC

Kelly (10,45) Dunn (65)

McKinnon (42) Smith (88)</pre>

Dunn returning to form, but this was the poorest first half of football I've ever seen from Ten Ton. 3-0 down at HT, and some harsh words at half time kicked the team into shape, and within 10 minutes of the second half, we had 2 dissallowed goals..!! we scored 2 goals, 1 being late on, and was unlucky yet again to have a goal disallowed in the 3rd minute of injury time, which would have salvaged a point.

F.A Cup Matches

F.A Cup 4th Rnd Qual.

Ten Ton FC 1 - 1 Worcester

Marsh (37) Furlong (3)</pre>

Marsh still playing in place of Bannon, and scored a cracker of an equilizer. A game that should have been straight forward against non league Worcester, but they made it difficult infront of the Ten Ton crowd.

F.A Cup 4th Rnd Qual. Rep

Worcester 0 - 3 Ten Ton FC

NepentheZ (41)

Smith (60)

Marsh (68)</pre>

A better performance against a team not worthy of Ten Ton. NepentheZ is really chipping in with goals from the right wing, and Marsh is holding his own up front.

F.A. Cup Rnd 1

Walsall 3 - 1 Ten Ton FC

Duffy (p2) Dunn (15)

Wilkingson (41)

Warren (53)</pre>

Despite the scorline, We held our own against this team. Dunn scoring a nice goal, but unfortunately it wasn't to be our day.

Top Scorers

Ten Ton FC

James Dunn - 20 Goals

Scott Smith - 10 Goals

NepentheZ - 9 Goals

Jeff Marsh - 5 Goals

Ross Bannon - 3 Goals</pre>

BSP

Dominic Curran - 21 Goals (Torquay)

Krystian Charlton - 20 Goals (Kettering)

James Dunn - 19 Goals (TEN TON FC)

Steve Kay - 18 Goals (MK Dons)

Dave Sturgess - 15 Goals (Macclesfield)</pre>

So Dunn's injury wasn't the best in terms of him scoring, but he only missed out on a few games, and will be raring to go for the rest of the campaign. Still has 19 league goals in 18 league appearances, so I can't really complain too much.

BSP - Table Caption

Pos Team Name Played Points

1st MK Dons 22 54

8th Macclesfield 21 35

11th Cheltenham 22 32

12th TEN TON FC 20 31

13th Ebbsfleet 22 31

24th Whitby 21 6</pre>

So WHITBY finally get off the board after 14 long games, but Ten Ton couldn't be further away from where they need to be. Winning the 2 games in hand would see them just a point off the Play off spots, but thats not really good enough for a team with this quality.

Half-Season report to come soon.

(sorry its taking so long to complete the season guys, been real busy recently and only get to play a few hours a day icon_frown.gif

bermbhoy, yeah I am only talking about taking a holiday for say 10 games at the most each season.

I am more than happy to play all the games though, no problems. Good stuff I have been given the Monkey's, i'll try my best when given the chance.

Ten Ton FC Update

(Again, sorry for this taking so long. Don't get to play much recently icon_frown.gif - but am working through it. Hopefully I'm not holding up proceedings too much)

Blue Square Premier

Match Day 21

Ten Ton FC 3 - 1 Burton

Taylor (41) Doherty (71)

Dunn (48,51)</pre>

So back on winning form, and moving up the table nicely. Dispatched lowly Burton with relative ease.

Match Day 22

Braintree 1 - 3 Ten Ton FC

Williams (69) Dunn (12,40)

NepentheZ (62)</pre>

Another lower team, another 3-1 win, another brace from Dunn, and things are looking good. With 1 game in hand, we now find ourselves back in with a serious shout of Play Off hope.

Match Day 23

Ten Ton FC 3 - 4 Darlington

Smith (3) Sheridan (6,87)

Dunn (13,90) Barrett (26,49)</pre>

3 more Ten Ton goals, and a third consecutive brace from dunn wasn't enough to see off a rampant Darlington. Despite holding an early 2-0 lead, Darlington fought back, and took hold of the game in the second half. A late Ben Sheridan goal finished off the game, despite Dunn pulling one back in Injury Time. (BTW - Ben Sheridan was formerly a Ten Ton FC player, On loan from Prem outfit Leicester.)

Half Time Reports.....

So, the first half of the season has had its ups and downs, but over all, I'm a little disappointed with the teams performance. I really feel we should be 6-10 points better off than where we are, and Automatic Promotion should have been a realistic target for the club. Play Offs now looks like the only chance here.

BSP - Table

BSP - Player Snapshot

BSP - Team Snapshot

Manager Overview

Squad Stats

Top 3 players

James Dunn - by far the best player in the squad, and often carries us through games.

David "NepentheZ" Mulholland - another superb player, and also another that the coaches feel could play for a Premiership club. (1 of 3 players)

Scott Smith - Spent some time at center half, but mostly plays in the center of midfield. A great player, a fanstastic find for us this season.

Match Day 24

Ten Ton FC 0 - 2 Dorchester

Davis (81)

Mortimer (90)</pre>

An embarrassing defeat to the hands (and feet) of Dorchester. The game literally flew by, with no highlights until the 75th minute, which was a corner. Dorchester, although winning 2-0 were hardly worth the win, stealing 2 lucky goals in the final 10 minutes of the match.

This result really puts pressure on Ten Ton FC to put a run together now to get themselves back up in the play off area, but after 24 games played, currently sit 7 points away from where they ideally need to be.

(Again, sorry for this taking so long. Don't get to play much recently - but am working through it. Hopefully I'm not holding up proceedings too much)

No worries.

Another good update, shame the news isn't better icon_frown.gif

We still seem to be shipping a lot of goals, seems to be the problem everyone's had. Doesn't help the defence, but I see the Turkish guy hasn't played much, is it worth sticking him on the right and NepentheZ/Mulholland through the middle?

The Turkish guy, although Coaches give him 7* for P.A, I don't think is very good. All of his Technical attributes are under 10, he only has 5 menthal attributes at 10 or better, (3 being at 10, and 2 at 11) and physically isn't great, due to his age. A player of his age should have advanced mental attributes, which may have seen him get some games in the team, but I just don't rate him as a player. He's fast enough to play on the wing, but doesn't have the stamina to play more than 1 game at a time, and his crossing is only 6, with Dribbling at 5, and Passing at 7.

The defense is OK. I'm going to keep Smith at CB, and look for a decent partner, because the players we currently have just aren't good enough. They all seem to be lacking in 1 set of the 3 categories for attributes. If we could combine them all together, they would make a legendary CB icon_biggrin.gif

Hi bermybhoy, I think I'm actually going to have to pull out of following on from Nepenthez for Ten Ton FC because to be honest I've got a bit bored of Footy Manager atm and my laptop can only handle one big game on it so I am going to uninstall it for a while. I apologise that I couldn't take part at all in this challenge, but I will still be watching avidly from the sidelines!

Good luck to whoever takes my place - make sure you beat those Southern Softies!

Second half and End Of Season Report

The second half of the season started well where we were still mid table but after a decent start we then went on a ten game losing streak which left us fighting for our football league status. After our remarkable 2-1 win over Rushden we put together a few victories and draws and pulled away from the relegation zone to give us league two football for at least another season.

The performances of all the players were really dire during hte second half of the season as we kept on leaking goals and we couldn't score any. My best player, if I had to choose one would be my top scorer Jermaine Blackburn with an average rating of 7.11 and 15 goals.

I normally played a 4-4-2 formation like this:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Francis

Peel Holgate McMaster Dunning

Sawyer White Driver Williams

Howell Blackburn</pre>

Screenshots

Table

Results

Squad

Confidence

I normally swapped the two strikers around with Lucas and sometimes used Steve Wright at right wing.

Roberts earns a new COntract!

On the 1st of May 2016 long serving Legends manager Danny Roberts was given a new two year deal from Legends chairman Alan Watson where he will earn £725 per week. Roberts had this to say after he heard the news about the new contract, "I am delighted to stay at the Southern Softies. I now we haven't performed up to the high standards of last season but we managed ot avoid relegation and now that I am atill here for another tow years at the very least I think we can build on this and maybe challenge for promotion to the COca Cola League one.

I'll post the save when I get to the 20th icon14.gif

Originally posted by jackyb1989:

Hi bermybhoy, I think I'm actually going to have to pull out of following on from Nepenthez for Ten Ton FC because to be honest I've got a bit bored of Footy Manager atm and my laptop can only handle one big game on it so I am going to uninstall it for a while. I apologise that I couldn't take part at all in this challenge, but I will still be watching avidly from the sidelines!

Good luck to whoever takes my place - make sure you beat those Southern Softies!

That's a pity, would be nice to get different people involved but understood all the same. If you want back in at some point that's cool.

Guess we can just move everyone up one, to PaulHartman next?

Legend FC - Update

Spent some time assessing the squad and I think it's in pretty good shape. A media prediction of 24th being a tad harsh to say the least, I would even go as far as saying we could be dark horses for a promotion bid.

My assistant think that the defence needs strengthening and I couldn't agree more! Really struggled to find anyone who was better than what we had, then stumbled across this gem . My assistant rates him as a decent premier league signing! I think he could be a rock for us this season.

The team was boosted by 6 more arrivals (who I will introduce to you in due course icon_wink.gif )

Next was the tactics. I decided to plump for one that I had created previously as the team was well set up to use it. This tactic has worked well for me at every club I've been with so I see no reason why it wont work at Legend FC.

We will be playing like this.

Legend FC - Update

Pre-Season

A very successful pre-season for Legend FC. We won all 5 of our friendlies, conceding in only one game.

Results were as follows;

Redditch 0 - 2 Legend FC

Stafford 0 - 2 Legend FC

Garforth 0 - 2 Legend FC

Legend FC 3 - 0 Legend FC U-18

Hitchin 2 - 4 Legend FC

Ok, not the strongest of opponents icon_biggrin.gif , but I only use pre-season to get players fit and to get morale high, which is precisely what we did. We go into the league campaign fit and happy. icon_cool.gif

If anyone wants to take part, let us know. Have moved davafish up a bit as I might be struggling to do a season any time soon.

The order of play and story so far....

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Paul Wallace - Northern Monkeys / Ten Ton FC

2007/8. bermybhoy - BSN / 7th

2008/9. aaberdeenn - BSS / 1st, promoted!

2009/10. NepentheZ - BSP / 21st, relegated!

2010/11. Gundo/rlipscombe - BSS / 17th

2011/12. bermybhoy - BSS / 2nd, promoted via play-offs!

2012/13. NepentheZ - BSP / 14th

2013/14. PaulHartman71 - BSP / 7th

2014/15. aaberdeenn - BSP / 13th

2015/16 NepentheZ - BSP / Season under way

10. PaulHartman71

11. davafish

12. bermybhoy

tbc. GazTheDoood

Honours

BSS Champions: 2008/9 - aaberdeen

Promoted via play-offs from BSS: 2011/12 - bermybhoy

Danny Roberts - Southern Softies / Legends FC

2007/8. Robert_296 - BSS / 1st, promoted!

2008/9. dafuge - BSP / 5th, play off semi-final!

2009/10. elf_30 - BSP / 17th

2010/11. Spc1485 - BSP / 11th

2011/12. Robert_296 - BSP / 17th

2012/13. PoopyPants - BSP / 15th

2013/14. dafuge - BSP / 5th, promoted!

2014/15. Spc1485 - League 2 / 11th

2015/16. Robert_296 - League 2 / 22nd

2016/17. dave safc - League 2 / Season under way

11. MikelLUFC

12. dafuge

13. ridleys

Honours

BSS Champions: 2007/8 - Robert_296

FA Trophy: 2008/9 - dafuge

Promoted via play-offs from BSP: 2013/14 - dafuge</pre>

Originally posted by bermybhoy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Dava

davafish

Just noticed this. Don't want to get you in trouble mate, but what's with the two accounts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IIRC, he mentioned a while back in GQ that he has 1 account at home, and one elsewhere on another computer, and doesn't remember the log in details for one, so can't use the same one on both computers.

Nep, spot on! if not a little scary... I'd imagine you looked at my previous posts or have an awsome memory or maybe my post was just that memorable.

Just being limbering up for the challenge, tried my luck with Blyth not to bad but I'll try and refine my tic tacs for this league. Really struggle for my scouts to find any decent talent.... any tips?

I see...

Get them to scout the reserves or u-18 leagues, sometimes a good way of spotting potential loan signings, or identifying players before they're released by bigger clubs.

Other than simply refining player searches and scanning your eye down it for targets to make them look at can be useful. Maybe sort by key attributes first. Not LLM guidlines compliant mind you, and without wanted another debate on it, my understanding is that the player search screens are meant to represent your staff's collective knowledge of players anyway.

Cheers Bermybhoy, I had two scouts and they came up with 3 targets all season and they didn't want to join.

I was trying to stick to LLM guidlines for a fresh challenge and it's interesting what you say about the player search screen, as I must admit I am missing it!!

Originally posted by davafish:

Nep, spot on! if not a little scary... I'd imagine you looked at my previous posts or have an awsome memory or maybe my post was just that memorable.

You're the only person I've come across thats done this (and admitted to it, anyway icon_biggrin.gif ) - so it stuck in the memory. icon14.gif

Legend FC - Update

Game 1

Billericay 0 - 2 Legend FC

Game 2 - League Cup 1st Round

Legend FC 2 - 3 Plymouth

Game 3

Legend FC 2 - 0 Gillingham

Game 4

York 3 - 2 Legend FC

Game 5

Legend FC 3 - 1 Darlington

Game 6 - JPT 1st Round

Dag & Red 3 - 1 Legend FC

Game 7

Legend FC 2 - 1 Shrewsbury

Game 8

Bournemouth 4 - 2 Legend FC

Game 9

Legend 0 - 0 Hartlepool

Game 10

Legend FC 1 - 0 Macclesfield

Game 11

Rushden 0 - 0 Legend FC

Game 12

Oldham 1 - 2 Legend FC

A very pleasing start to the season, if we had a bit more luck and a bit more quality I dare say we would have won the games we drew and drawn the games we lost. Our defence is weak, especially the full backs, however I am finding it a right pain to find anyone better than what we've got!

The cups were not a priority for me, and I fielded a 'weakened' side. They put up a battling display against Championship side Plymouth but the gap in quality told eventually. They did not however put up a battling display against Dag & Red and went out with nothing more than a whimper.

Star Players thus far are Driver and Williams . With Driver running the show from centre midfield and Williams a wizard on the wing. We're scoring plenty of goals and are reasonably tight at the back, despite the aforementioned lack of quality in that department.

The current league table looks like this - Table

Overall, I think if I can keep this team together and maybe bring in a couple of full backs in at some point we can sustain our promotion bid.

Legend FC - Update

Right, we're 23 league games into the season now so I thought that was a good point to update you all on our progress icon14.gif

Game 13

Legend FC 3 - 0 Port Vale

Game 14

Stockport 2 - 1 Legend FC

Game 15

Legend FC 5 - 0 Huddersfield

Game 16

Dorchester 3 - 1 Legend FC

Game 17

Legend FC 3 - 1 Chester

Game 18

Rotherham 1 - 5 Legend FC

Game 19 - FA Cup 1st Round

Weston-super-Mare 0 - 6 Legend FC

Game 20

Barnet 1 - 3 Legend FC

Game 21

Legend FC 1 - 1 Carlisle

Game 22 - FA Cup 2nd Round

Legend FC 3 - 2 Luton

Game 23

Legend FC 2 - 0 Walsall

Game 24

Bristol Rovers 2 - 1 Legend FC

Game 25

Legend FC 4 - 3 Accrington

Game 26

Hereford 2 - 3 Legend FC

Game 27

Legend FC 2 - 1 Billericay

Game 28

Legend FC 3 - 2 MK Dons

Well that's actually 24 games into the season icon_biggrin.gif

Things are going great at Legend FC, with the current table looking like this - Table. We've also progressed to the FA Cup 3rd round, where we meet Premiership club Sunderland at the Stadium of Light.

We've had some amazing results up to this point. The 5-1 win at Rotherham was a particular highlight as we were massive underdogs for that game and fought back from one goal down. We've also scored some big wins over our nearest rivals Accrington and MK Dons. If we keep our form up then we've got a great chance of winning the league, which would be a great achievement considering we're predicted to finish 24th. What do the media know, eh? icon_wink.gif

A lot of our performances have been described as 'breath-taking' , which is always pleasing. icon14.gif

Top Scorers

Jermaine Blackburn - 18

Chris Driver - 9

Jon Williams - 8

Simon Holgate - 8

Hope the bold works out this time icon_cool.gif

Archived