Christiano Ronaldo should be the best player in FM2009

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ched:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by azeri4life:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ched:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by azeri4life:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stomalomalus:

Hey fanboys, admit that the match engine and the CA system is a joke. Are you telling me that even though Elano's stats are a lot better than Ronaldo's, because Ronaldo is two-footed it makes him better?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ronaldos CA is better than Elanos.

His Physical stats are a total of 20 better than Elanos

And Ronaldos hidden atributes are higher by 14!

Plus, yes, his two footedness has a huge impact! If Elano gets the ball on his left - despite having finishing the same as Ronaldo - he will hit the back of the net far less often. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So tell me why when you look at their stats, Ronaldo seems to have a far inferior appearance in terms of his attributes? His higher CA is certianly not illustrated to us apart from his two-footedness. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1/ You've started throwing around the word fanboy, so anyone with half a brain already thinks you're a moron - if you act politely you are much more likely to get a reasonable response.

2/ Compare results not stats. Elano performs fairly well, ronaldo regularly tears teams apart in FM - just because you don't think his stats are as good, doesn't mean he isn't a better player. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you're calling me the moron when you're the one saying that we shouldn't look at stats to decide how good a player is? I think the real moron here is you; I'm, not quite sure how you play FM but usually a good way to decide how good a player is is to look at their stats... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm guessing the concept of hidden stats is vastly beyond your comprehension? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just think about it a little bit, Ched. HIDDEN stats. They're HIDDEN mate. That mean's you can't see them. So you understand that?

Half of the time the scout reports are wron, so even an idea of what his hidden stats might be like are wrong. So how are we ever going to paint an accurate picture of a player?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

The highest CA in FM 2009 will be Carlos Cuellar with 199 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be fair he has been brilliant in all the Rangers games i have watched this season (although limited) and looks like a truley seperb centre back.

On the Ronaldo issue however, as i Man utd fan i will admit that Messi is better at getting past people with wonderful touch and pace, howver people who compare the two players only compare them on thise they neglect the fact that unlike messi Ronaldo hit 42 goals this season with fantiastic free-kicks, wonderful headers, calm finishes, poachers tap ins and beautifly crafted individual goals. That is why overall Ronaldo is the best player in the world, Not becuause he is the best dribbler (messi), the best finisher (torres??) or the best header (Drogba?) but because overall he is damn close to all of them in their key part of game, which means he has more than all of them individually

Just think about it a little bit, Ched. HIDDEN stats. They're HIDDEN mate. That mean's you can't see them. So you understand that?

Half of the time the scout reports are wron, so even an idea of what his hidden stats might be like are wrong. So how are we ever going to paint an accurate picture of a player? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keeping the quote in context, go to player profile / positions. There you will see ratings for left and right feet. There. That wasn't so difficult was it?

And if you think that being able to use both feet isn't an huge advantage in football then I suggest you go and actually play more games.

Being able to use both feet is an incredible benefit in terms of playing the ball, especially in a higher paced game. Being able to shoot, pass or tackle on either side of your body is an incredible skill (and conversely relying on one foot can be a hinderance - an easy way to shut out a striker in an amateur game is to force him to use his left foot).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stomalomalus:

Hey fanboys, admit that the match engine and the CA system is a joke. Are you telling me that even though Elano's stats are a lot better than Ronaldo's, because Ronaldo is two-footed it makes him better?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ronaldos CA is better than Elanos.

His Physical stats are a total of 20 better than Elanos

And Ronaldos hidden atributes are higher by 14!

Plus, yes, his two footedness has a huge impact! If Elano gets the ball on his left - despite having finishing the same as Ronaldo - he will hit the back of the net far less often. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So tell me why when you look at their stats, Ronaldo seems to have a far inferior appearance in terms of his attributes? His higher CA is certianly not illustrated to us apart from his two-footedness. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1/ You've started throwing around the word fanboy, so anyone with half a brain already thinks you're a moron - if you act politely you are much more likely to get a reasonable response.

2/ Compare results not stats. Elano performs fairly well, ronaldo regularly tears teams apart in FM - just because you don't think his stats are as good, doesn't mean he isn't a better player. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you're calling me the moron when you're the one saying that we shouldn't look at stats to decide how good a player is? I think the real moron here is you; I'm, not quite sure how you play FM but usually a good way to decide how good a player is is to look at their stats... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm guessing the concept of hidden stats is vastly beyond your comprehension? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Half of the time the scout reports are wron, so even an idea of what his hidden stats might be like are wrong. So how are we ever going to paint an accurate picture of a player? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

1/ I said look at results not stats - the reason i said this is that unless you cheat, hidden stats are not visible, therefore you can only tell these by how well the player performs....it's not rocket science. (unless they are exceptional in which case a scout may inform you)

Managers IRL do not have stats - they go off how well a player performs.

2/ Regarding scouts - do you think they're always correct IRL? Consider this before winging about how poor they are in FM.

3/ Your comment "So how are we ever going to paint an accurate picture of a player?" is a fair point, which is why i suggested looking at how well the player performs, rather than just going off his stats.

Clearly you either can't or won't understand the point i'm trying to make, either way i'll leave you to your illusions.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chronic187:

Nah mate he's not the best player in the world so why should he be the best in the game ?

Highest CA in 2009 will be

1: Messi 191

2/3 Kaka or Ronaldo 190

4: Torres 189

5: Ferdinand 188 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

erm, he is the best player in the world.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chronic187:

Nah mate he's not the best player in the world so why should he be the best in the game ?

2/3 Kaka or Ronaldo 190

rofl...are you kidding me???

Cristiano Ronaldo IS the best player on the world right now! Won the league, the champions league, best scorer in england, europe and champions çeague, lots of goals and mad skill! comon...messi is ********

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

The highest CA in FM 2009 will be Carlos Cuellar with 199 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

easy to be a good defender when your not playing in a top class league </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was class in the Champions League / UEFA Cup as well against teams like Barcelona, Lyon, Stuttgart, Fiorentina, Werder Bremen, Zenit etc

199 isn't good enough. 200 I say. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mon the Gers!

Ched I think you have some serious problems. SI aren't paying you to hype their game up. The game is great but like all others has its negative points and we here on these forums are trying to fix them up, but sycophants like you stop us from seeing these faults. Stop kissing shoes and admit the problems of the game!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Soup_is_cool:

2/3 Kaka or Ronaldo 190

rofl...are you kidding me???

Cristiano Ronaldo IS the best player on the world right now! Won the league, the champions league, best scorer in england, europe and champions çeague, lots of goals and mad skill! comon...messi is ******** </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not going to get into the "who is the best player in the world debate" but if you think Messi is crap then your opinion on anything related to football is immediatley deemed invalid.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm not going to get into the "who is the best player in the world debate" but if you think Messi is crap then your opinion on anything related to football is immediatley deemed invalid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

I only read most of the first page of this thread, but it seems to me people are getting "Best Player" Confused, what with football being a team game and multiple positions to fill that is a silly statement.

It also seemed to me that someone on the first page wanted a whole team made of attacking midfielders and strikers, Im sorry but regardless of how exciting they are individually they would not win...

On the subject of Ronaldo, like it as been said before he may be the best winger/midfielder in the world but i do not have anything like comprehensive knowledge on anyone like Messi who in my eyes outplayed Ronaldo when Barce played Man Utd earlier this year.

In addition to this you have to look at the team he is in, on they're day the best team in the world (Chelsea Fan) and therefore he should be able to score a lot of goals. For instance put him with Wolves or West Brom Would he Score 20 goals a season?

Regardless of how good Ronaldo is "Best Player in the World" Doesn't really work as a phrase.

Ched I think you have some serious problems. SI aren't paying you to hype their game up. The game is great but like all others has its negative points and we here on these forums are trying to fix them up, but sycophants like you stop us from seeing these faults. Stop kissing shoes and admit the problems of the game! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Type the following into the search box:

"critique of FM08 transfer mech"

"critique of board confidence"

amongst many others.

I am quite critical of the game, however i don't start my complaints by accusing people who disagree with me of being fanboys.

GROW UP.

GROW UP. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif And cut your aggressive, narrow-minded, egotistic and sarcastic tone, and admit that people have opinions, and yours don't matter any more than theirs, just cause you have a different view; and that putting your case forward in such a way only acts to strengthen the case of the opposition.

icon_smile.gificon_rolleyes.gif

2/3 Kaka or Ronaldo 190

Ferdinand and Torres not that good imo

Archived